Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default The True Horde vs The Mogu Empire

Imagine if we never killed Lei Shen. That he kept everything we killed in 5.2. Now imagine Garrosh getting the heart because reasons combined with the true horde. Who would win?

Edit: Crow made a good point. Imagine one round in pandaria, vs one round in Orgrimmar. Also who was better prepared for a siege, the mogu or orcs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Last edited by Noitora; 09-02-2013 at 06:43 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 09:01 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Imagine if we never killed Lei Shen. That he kept everything we killed in 5.2. Now imagine Garrosh getting the heart because reasons combined with the true horde. Who would win?
There's a lot of other variables here. If the fight takes place on Pandaria, I think Lei Shen takes it pretty readily, because there's just a stonking crapload of mogu that he can reanimate to do his work and Garrosh has got limited resources, even with the Heart.

If the fight takes place in Orgrimmar (as in Lei Shen and the Zandalari besiege the place) then I think it's a much closer fight, which might boil down to one-on-one Sha-Touched Warchief vs. Thunder King. In that situation, I still think Lei Shen takes it because he's just much more in control of his power than Garrosh is.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Eternal

Lei shen easily.

The mogu are not limited by numbers and they have their own special magics to use (including some Sha type stuff).

The True Horde is limited by numbers, as long as Lei shen can keep his clay/stone warriors coming they can continue to war.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:29 PM

The Digger

The Horde, assuming Lei Shen's mogu are fighting orco-a-mogu. The mogu's ability to replenish troops isn't insignificant, but ultimately I think Garrosh's pure numerical superiority will win out.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

I'd have to give it to the Mogu. They have the control, the power, and resources. Especially if we are talking about the Empire under Lei Shen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

On an individual level, I'm giving it to the Mogu.

Based on armies, even if I included Will of the Emperor, I'd still say Orcs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Elune

If Garrosh just had his orcs, I'd lean towards the mogu. However, he's also got the support of the klaxxi, as well as a lot of remaining goblin forces. I'm thinking that they would shift the battle in his favor.

Remember, by the time of 5.2, most of the mogu on Pandaria have already been killed and their holdings have fallen. Those on the Isle of Thunder are pretty much all that are left, with no mogu forge at their disposal (at least, I didn't see one on the isle). They've still got really good magic from both the mogu and the zandalari, but they're extremely lacking when it comes to an air force and don't have a lot of tech that they use in battle, both of which would be the specialties of the true horde. Lei Shen is also pretty much stuck powering his fortress, while sha-touched Garrosh can move freely.

I'm going to have to go with true horde.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 09-01-2013 at 09:56 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 02:00 AM

The sneaky Mechanic

Tough, the True Horde has he better technology, numbers and morale than the Mogu (as seen in 5.2) but the Mogu magic combined with the strong diversity of forces they have between them and the Zandalari makes me think it'd go to the Mogu.

Between Sha-Garrosh and The Thunder King, going to have to side with Lei Shen, he beat Xuen while Garrosh withdrew from Goldrinn's champion. I doubt even big daddy Grommash at his demon-fueled best would've been able to put Lei Shen down, but that has more to do with Lei Shen being just a touch too mortal and thus outside Grom's area of expertise (Killing the un-killable) than anything else.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 AM

Elune

I don't even know what the True Horde is anymore so I'll say this.

If Garrosh also has the blood elves, trolls, tauren, and the forsaken on his side, then he definitely wins. If he's alone with his orcish army he loses.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I don't even know what the True Horde is anymore so I'll say this.
This, totally. Everyone's Horde nowadays.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

High Overlords Varian and Vol'jin, the leaders of the rebel Hordes, would surely win.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 AM

Arch-Druid

ohi im back

So if we're talking True Horde (I'm guessing it's the Horde Garrosh is leading after the rebellion is formed) then I fail to see how Garrosh has any advantage. On open field, then Lei Shen would definitely win, seeing as Garrosh decides to hide in his fortress in lieu of attacking his enemies himself.

If the fight is outside Orgrimmar, it would be slightly more interesting. Not sure how Lei Shen would get there but he would likely have to bomb Orgrimmar entirely. That's the easiest way to get rid of Garrosh's defenders and get into his bunker. In a 1v1 fight, I still think Lei Shen would win, seeing as Garrosh is totally out of control of the heart. The Klaxxi he would muster wouldn't turn the tide much, if at all.

So I'm going to say Lei Shen would win, mostly due to Garrosh's very limited resources and troops (considering he only really has a part of the orcs, the klaxxi paragons and some goblin mercenaries).

If we're talking the entire Horde, then Lei Shen would definitely lose.

Tags
mists of pandaria, versus