Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondirebear View Post
Any insults I gave were in response to the sycophantry and invalidation I received FIRST. I never once pre-emptively insulted anyone.
Short memory span is a bitch.

Quote:
You still fail to explain how ANY of that makes making a wiki impossible.

I also disagree with you completely, and thank you for further proving that you're a sycophant defeatist who accepts EVERY retcon as canon. People like you are a part of the problem, not the solution; it's wimpy, submissive fans like you that are the reason blizzard gets away with retconning.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang View Post
Short memory span is a bitch.

That isn't trolling. That is a frustrated diatribe brought on by basically being told to bend over and accept the sodomy.

Furthermore, you completely miss the meaning of said diatribe: my aim is not to insult, it is to point out the facts. Fans who accept everything that the creators send forth from their seething anuses are not helping anyone, because they allow the horrid cycle to continue. By accepting everything they accomplish nothing; fans need to be more militant in demanding effort, or the quality of the goods shall never improve.
The Natherzim and Eredar corrupted Sargeras, NOT the other way around.
The "lost ones" are the real draenei, not the alliance race add in the Burning Crusade.
Azeroth is a kingdom, Garona is half human, and Nerzuhl does not have a dead wife.
If something in a novel contradicts warcraft, warcraft II or warcraft III, it is the NOVEL that is WRONG.

Last edited by aarondirebear; 02-10-2010 at 07:54 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
That isn't trolling. That is a frustrated diatribe brought on by basically being told to bend over and accept the sodomy.
That was in response to your claim that you never preemptively insulted anyone, which you did, as proven by the quote Wulfang gave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
It's trolling is the definition you gave for trolling is to be the accepted definition of trolling. Twat.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM

Elune

I get it. He has no sense of self-awareness. He says he doesn't want to insult people, and then insults them to their face.

He's doing a bit.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
I get it. He has no sense of self-awareness. He says he doesn't want to insult people, and then insults them to their face.

He's doing a bit.
Oh okay. I get it now. He's a funny guy!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM

Eternal

One thing is demanding quality and complaing when there's a lack of it (which we do) so that there's an improvement in later storylines.

Another is pretending said work with less quality never happened and being stuck in the past, believing the storylines from back then are the only true ones.

And yes, that is trolling. You unnecessarily insulted me and everyone else in this site. But I linked that to prove that you did pre-emptively insult people here.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Oh okay. I get it now. He's a funny guy!
I read this in a Borat voice.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
I read this in a Borat voice.
I typed it in a Borat voice!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
One thing is demanding quality and complaing when there's a lack of it (which we do) so that there's an improvement in later storylines.

Another is pretending said work with less quality never happened and being stuck in the past, believing the storylines from back then are the only true ones.

And yes, that is trolling. You unnecessarily insulted me and everyone else in this site. But I linked that to prove that you did pre-emptively insult people here.
I would rather be stuck in a good past than move forward in a future where stories suck and characterizations change at the drop of a hat, and
nothing makes sense.

I didn't MEAN to insult "everyone", sine I thought that the accepting of the retcon didn't APPLY to everyone.

In fact, i didn't mean to insult ANYONE.
I was just stating the facts.
The "lost ones" are the real draenei, not the alliance race add in the Burning Crusade.
Azeroth is a kingdom, Garona is half human, and Nerzuhl does not have a dead wife.
If something in a novel contradicts warcraft, warcraft II or warcraft III, it is the NOVEL that is WRONG.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
I would rather be stuck in a good past than move forward in a future where stories suck and characterizations change at the drop of a hat, and
nothing makes sense.

I didn't MEAN to insult "everyone", sine I thought that the accepting of the retcon didn't APPLY to everyone.

There's people like that who feel this way about everything. The difference is, the guys who only play CBT the way it came out of the box twenty-five years ago with the same piece, rules and world events don't tell the rest of us we're sycophants who just accept anything they give us.

See, there's a difference between "liking" and "understanding this is the way the creators have taken things." Because you see, they're writing it, not you, and if you don't care for it, you can replay WC1. It's still there and it's not like Blizzard is making you uninstall it until they can rewrite all the dialogue.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:10 PM

Eternal

You didn't need to call me a "sycophant defeatist" or a "wimpy, submissive fan" to, as you put it, 'state the facts', and yet you did.

You chose to insult me and, later, everyone else. So now you're reaping what you sowed.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
nothing makes sense.

Well you can't "not like" everything currently in Warcraft or else you would not be here right? This reminds me of another user earlier who complained that they did not like what was going on in Warcraft currently. It messed up everything they cherished about the past. Then the poster said that they didn't really like that past stuff either. So them complaining about the current stuff messing up the past stuff was sort of moot if they didn't even like any of the Warcraft stuff to begin with.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:14 PM

Ranger

See look, you have even managed to get Rolandius to create a sensible, well written post attacking you!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrakov View Post
See look, you have even managed to get Rolandius to create a sensible, well written post attacking you!
Is it worth giving him a week off of the ignore list?

Last edited by Exxile87; 02-10-2010 at 08:24 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM

Eternal

Here, I'll quote it for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Well you can't "not like" everything currently in Warcraft or else you would not be here right? This reminds me of another user earlier who complained that they did not like what was going on in Warcraft currently. It messed up everything they cherished about the past. Then the poster said that they didn't really like that past stuff either. So them complaining about the current stuff messing up the past stuff was sort of moot if they didn't even like any of the Warcraft stuff to begin with.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Is it worth giving him a week of the ignore list?
I wouldn't risk it if I were you.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Here, I'll quote it for you:
Wow! Rolandius, you get a week's pass to make me like you again!

and Mirakov, you weren't here back when Roblore was like Rolandius were you? Cause he was on ignore for a while, posted a decent thing or two, I took him off and now he's a decent contribute. I even rather like the little fellow now. So Rolandius gets another chance with me.

Last edited by Exxile87; 02-10-2010 at 08:24 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Quote:

Furthermore, you completely miss the meaning of said diatribe: my aim is not to insult, it is to point out the facts. Fans who accept everything that the creators send forth from their seething anuses are not helping anyone, because they allow the horrid cycle to continue. By accepting everything they accomplish nothing; fans need to be more militant in demanding effort, or the quality of the goods shall never improve.
So basically, you made an account to say we're all wrong for just rolling with blizz doing what they want with what they made?

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Complex View Post
So basically, you made an account to say we're all wrong for just rolling with blizz doing what they want with what they made?
No, I made an account to state my beliefs about the lore. I was not expecting everyone, actually, ANYONE, to "roll with blizz", or to use the "they made it they can do whatever they want" argument.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Slowpokeking

Omg, these threads are all ruined.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
No, I made an account to state my beliefs about the lore. I was not expecting everyone, actually, ANYONE, to disagree with me and NOT lick my bunghole clean. Why aren't you all purist asshats like me? It's not fair! BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!
That's what I read.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Wow! Rolandius, you get a week's pass to make me like you again!

and Mirakov, you weren't here back when Roblore was like Rolandius were you? Cause he was on ignore for a while, posted a decent thing or two, I took him off and now he's a decent contribute. I even rather like the little fellow now. So Rolandius gets another chance with me.
Yeah, I started reading I think right about when Roblore stopped posting his crazy ideas in every thread and became productive, and I started posting a few months after that. And Rolandius has been much better since we all had that discussion in the old spam thread, although I still often struggle to figure out what the hell he is asking sometimes.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:40 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Agreed. The hammer needs to be swung all over the place tonight. I could make a post saying Blizzard made vanilla ice cream cones, and this guy will say they rotconed it and dipped the vanilla ice cream into chocolate and ruined everything.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrakov View Post
Yeah, I started reading I think right about when Roblore stopped posting his crazy ideas in every thread and became productive, and I started posting a few months after that. And Rolandius has been much better since we all had that discussion in the old spam thread, although I still often struggle to figure out what the hell he is asking sometimes.
His new avatar rocks. Totally fits him. But yeah, we eventually bend all of you new recruits to our ways. Except Aaron. We don't need his attitude here.