Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Chef Chef is offline

Arch-Druid
Chef's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Your kitchen
Posts: 1,848

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
And I ain't talking about that pansy-ass shit Europaens play I'm talking about the one where you wear twenty pounds of armor and still break half your body before the first whistle because it's a SPORT FOR MEN and not some relaxation before spots of tea and crumpets.
American Football is pansy ass because of the fact that you WEAR armor. If you're as manly as you say, play some RUGBY. You know, without armor.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,556
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
American Football is pansy ass because of the fact that you WEAR armor. If you're as manly as you say, play some RUGBY. You know, without armor.
Pads encourage harder hits.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
American Football is pansy ass because of the fact that you WEAR armor. If you're as manly as you say, play some RUGBY. You know, without armor.
Football used to not have the pads and helmet. Concussions and deaths changed that.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Soccer is the best.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Fordragon Fordragon is offline

Elune
Fordragon's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Furillo, Furillo Province, Grand Duchy of Furillo
Posts: 5,517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Football used to not have the pads and helmet. Concussions and deaths changed that.
The modern helmet is also extremely easy to use as a weapon. Hence, those knuckle-whuffing corndog-chowing cranberry juice bitches what play Rugby can't handle a weapon. Like how boxing got way more dangerous when gloves were added because suddenly fists were more than twice as heavy and people were no longer reluctant to punch for the upper half of the head.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Soccer is the best.
Once again, he supplies us with the worst answer for everything.
__________________
"Damn, snowcone, what were you for Halloween, a bitch? You best be ready for this shit, Cranberry Juice, cuz you bout to get FUCKED." -L Dubba E

Last edited by Fordragon; 09-25-2012 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is offline

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,564

Default

Heyo. I remember reading old posts of yours! You're not nearly as bad as some other people that have been here in the past 1-2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-26-2012, 01:02 AM
AndyJP AndyJP is offline

Eternal
AndyJP's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2021
Posts: 4,508

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
American Football is pansy ass because of the fact that you WEAR armor. If you're as manly as you say, play some RUGBY. You know, without armor.
Pfft, it's all pansy ass child's play. If you want to be a REAL MAN, play RUSSIAN ROULETTE.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Kerrah Kerrah is offline

Elune
Kerrah's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 11,000

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
Greetings, fellow Scrolls of Lore acolytes. I wanted to take the time to make a small statement to all of the older members of this board who knew me way back when. I want to apologize for being a hyper-religious, zealous douchebag to a number of you. During these years of my absence, I have become more moderate in my views and approach to life and matters of faith. I still consider myself to be a Christian, and still quite conservative on a number of issues, but I've also developed a heavy moderate stance on many issues.

So please accept my heartfelt apologizes for being a douchebag years ago, and I look forward to returning to the great discussions we once had about Blizzard lore.
Apology accepted.

I'd like to say I'm sorry for responding very immaturely to you many of those times. I was a kid back then, self-sure and arrogant in my beliefs.

I'm very glad to see that you have mellowed out over time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny the Elder
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read; and in so living as to make the world happier for our living in it.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

hi.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Apophis Apophis is offline

Arch-Druid
Apophis's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkham City
Posts: 1,433
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Soccer is the best.
Have to agree with Slowpoke for once.

Welcome back Kenzuki!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 AM
CoDimus the Staunch CoDimus the Staunch is offline

Eternal
CoDimus the Staunch's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,591

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Soccer is the best.
It is not soccer, it is football. That's the original name of the Sport. Kindly pay some respect, sir, to games like cricket and football. At least, you can say the right name for these. I know Yanks call Football "soccer", but originally, it is football. Or you can use Association football if you want to.
/end of rant
Sorry if I sounded a bit weird.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
It is not soccer, it is football. That's the original name of the Sport. Kindly pay some respect, sir, to games like cricket and football. At least, you can say the right name for these. I know Yanks call Football "soccer", but originally, it is football. Or you can use Association football if you want to.
/end of rant
Sorry if I sounded a bit weird.
Some of us come from other countries where the mother language isn't English. So some of us (like moi) said football a few times and people thought that we talked about American Football, so some began saying 'Soccer' instead of 'American Football'.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 AM
CoDimus the Staunch CoDimus the Staunch is offline

Eternal
CoDimus the Staunch's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,591

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
Some of us come from other countries where the mother language isn't English. So some of us (like moi) said football a few times and people thought that we talked about American Football, so some began saying 'Soccer' instead of 'American Football'.
Did you talk to a Yank or something? In Europe, its known as football.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
It is not soccer, it is football. That's the original name of the Sport. Kindly pay some respect, sir, to games like cricket and football. At least, you can say the right name for these. I know Yanks call Football "soccer", but originally, it is football. Or you can use Association football if you want to.
/end of rant
Sorry if I sounded a bit weird.
Yes, and it's one of the most popular sports in more than 90% of the nations.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Yuber8900 Yuber8900 is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Yuber8900's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,659

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Now say it in latin!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Now say it in latin!
I don't know any bit of latin.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,447

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Engrish
No an should be there in that sentence, EUROPEAN!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
No an should be there in that sentence, EUROPEAN!
It's not mine! Americans...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
Did you talk to a Yank or something? In Europe, its known as football.
I know, but I mostly find myself in American communities, it's weird.


AMERICANS, BE PROUD OF YOUR EUROPEAN HERITAGE!


Oh btw, did you guys know that New York was a Dutch colony once? We traded it away for Suriname.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Kerrah Kerrah is offline

Elune
Kerrah's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 11,000

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Now say it in latin!
Mehercule, sum Europeus! Invenimus eum et pedifollem vocamus!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny the Elder
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read; and in so living as to make the world happier for our living in it.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.

Last edited by Kerrah; 09-26-2012 at 09:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Chef Chef is offline

Arch-Druid
Chef's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Your kitchen
Posts: 1,848

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Football used to not have the pads and helmet. Concussions and deaths changed that.
Do you know why your handegg sport did not use any pads and helmets? Because it originated from a sport named Rugby Football, a kind of mix between the two. Gradually, it evolved into the sport that it is now, and Yanks dropped the "Rugby" in Rugby Football to make it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
The modern helmet is also extremely easy to use as a weapon. Hence, those knuckle-whuffing corndog-chowing cranberry juice bitches what play Rugby can't handle a weapon. Like how boxing got way more dangerous when gloves were added because suddenly fists were more than twice as heavy and people were no longer reluctant to punch for the upper half of the head.
The fact that the helmet can be used offensively doesn't change the fact that it is also for defence. People hit harder knowing that their opponent is well-protected. Now imagine you playing rowdy-tough Murican handegg without your precious armor. Rugby is a more dangerous sport.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:21 AM
CoDimus the Staunch CoDimus the Staunch is offline

Eternal
CoDimus the Staunch's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,591

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
More specifically, England invented football.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,903

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
You shouldnt apologize Ken. At your worst, you were nothing compared to some of the plagues that have since descended on these once humble forums.
What he means is Bolvar is a lot more vocally Christian and conservative than you ever were.

And, for the record, you shouldn't apologize. Nor should you backslide into a more "progressive" and/or "moderate" belief system, just because peer pressure and/or the urge to improve your odds of getting laid in college may compel you to do so.

But, I'm sure you'll figure this out as you get older. Even Bolvar voted for Ralph Nader once.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Wulfang Wulfang is offline

Eternal
Wulfang's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 3,533

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
Greetings, fellow Scrolls of Lore acolytes. I wanted to take the time to make a small statement to all of the older members of this board who knew me way back when. I want to apologize for being a hyper-religious, zealous douchebag to a number of you. During these years of my absence, I have become more moderate in my views and approach to life and matters of faith. I still consider myself to be a Christian, and still quite conservative on a number of issues, but I've also developed a heavy moderate stance on many issues.

So please accept my heartfelt apologizes for being a douchebag years ago, and I look forward to returning to the great discussions we once had about Blizzard lore.
Hey Ken, nice to see you're still alive and kicking! And apology accepted, even though that was so long ago (and we were all kids) I don't really feel you've got anything to apologise for.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.