Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I don't think Blizzard's trolling has set into you yet. You still have hope.
It's not so much hope I lack as it is utter certainty I have that she's a Naaru. It's not really an if.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
It's not so much hope I lack as it is utter certainty I have that she's a Naaru. It's not really an if.
What if she is a loa?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
Which is probably true to some degree as well.

Naaru are embodiments of light. Orderly. Structured.

Old Gods are embodiments of void. Chaos. Insanity.

Two sides of the same coin.
There's only a few problems with that. While the Old Gods and their minions seem associated with Void, it also seems to be a different aspect of Void than that associated with Voidwalkers. Like how Warlocks and Shadow Priests seem to wield Void in different ways.

So I kind of doubt that Elune would just be an ordinary Naaru like any other windchime, but I also think it's plausible that they're semi-related entities.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,683
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
It's not so much hope I lack as it is utter certainty I have that she's a Naaru. It's not really an if.
Well obviously not you because you're a cynical bastard like the rest of us Alliance fans.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
What if she is a loa?
She's not. But if she were some sort of super Loa ala Hakkar, as I've said before, if done properly could do wonders for the setting.

But as long as we are talking what ifs, what if Elune was an Elune?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

She's totally a Titan and will be the Last Titan.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,683
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Welp Levi said it so it has to be true.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
She's totally a Titan and will be the Last Titan.
Ohh. You've opened my eyes. How could I be so foolish.

But really, Naaru are just the remnants of the Titans inner power.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Pixy Pixy is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,134

Default

Actually, if done right and Elune is the strongest Naaru on the level of A'dal (I think he's the strongest NPC in the game), then it would work.

Just have her related to the White Lady in a way or another.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,372

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
She's totally a Titan and will be the Last Titan.
That'd be interesting actually.

We always assumed that because the titans weren't gods they'd have to be somehow less than them but if we think about it they could be -above- gods.

Elune as Eonar/Aman'thul's baby. Hmm.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Darkwind Darkwind is offline

Arch-Druid
Darkwind's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,769
BattleTag: DrunkenPanda#1589

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
She's totally a Titan and will be the Last Titan.
Hey, if she's a Titan or a benevolent Old God(ess), I can't imagine too many people complaining. Or, a Super Loa, I guess, but what's the difference between that and a regular Goddess?

Anyways, it seems obvious that Blizzard was putting out the "Elune is a Naaru" theory to test people's reactions to it. While it received some positive response, overall, I'd say fan reaction, especially from die-hard Night Elf fans, was quite negative.

Regardless, there's no way they're going to end that speculation in anything other than a novel or in-game, so I wouldn't expect a definitive answer to that question in this book.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Pixy Pixy is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,134

Default

Now that I think of it, she really does seem to be a Naaru.


1. Tyrande and the sisterhood draw Elune magic directly from Elune, much like the Blood Knights drew their powers from M'uru.

2. Naaru are on a god-level. We know this because the opposite of a Naaru is a Void God.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Quote:
Quote:
Quick heads up, lot of people have noticed that you've got a picture of a druid under "Shamanism"
The appropriate people are being flogged. Repeatedly.
They're gonna change the druid/shaman thing by the looks of it.
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,372

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
Now that I think of it, she really does seem to be a Naaru.


1. Tyrande and the sisterhood draw Elune magic directly from Elune, much like the Blood Knights drew their powers from M'uru.

2. Naaru are on a god-level. We know this because the opposite of a Naaru is a Void God.
Naaru + Stag = Cenarius though?

Naaru haven't been known to make moonkin either

Tyrande and the priestesses drawing from her is really not that different from -any- god it's not 'just like' the bloodknights, if anything it's completely different because they had M'uru trapped and had to -directly- suck it's energy rather than get it through faith and prayer.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,895

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Naaru haven't been known to make moonkin either
Or nightsabers.

Seems more like a Loa, Ancient or Titan thing.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...85995733569536

This isn't the "Book of Cain", guys.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
Now that I think of it, she really does seem to be a Naaru.


1. Tyrande and the sisterhood draw Elune magic directly from Elune, much like the Blood Knights drew their powers from M'uru.

2. Naaru are on a god-level. We know this because the opposite of a Naaru is a Void God.
The Zandalar also call their warleaders War-Gods. Not everything that's called a god is the same thing as a proper and true God.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Pixy Pixy is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,134

Default

Quote:
if anything it's completely different because they had M'uru trapped and had to -directly- suck it's energy rather than get it through faith and prayer.
But it's how the Light works. Through faith and prayers.

Quote:
The Zandalar also call their warleaders War-Gods. Not everything that's called a god is the same thing as a proper and true God.
But Entropius wasn't called a Void God by anyone. It was specifically used as a term to label that NPC, hence it was intentional.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,372

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...85995733569536

This isn't the "Book of Cain", guys.
Oh thank god.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
But it's how the Light works. Through faith and prayers.
That's how -all- gods work.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Naaru + Stag = Cenarius though?

Naaru haven't been known to make moonkin either

Tyrande and the priestesses drawing from her is really not that different from -any- god it's not 'just like' the bloodknights, if anything it's completely different because they had M'uru trapped and had to -directly- suck it's energy rather than get it through faith and prayer.
My guess? Elune is a Naaru who (crash?) landed on Azeroth's moon en route to Azeroth many years ago and discovered that the moon was actually an ancient titan genetic engineering facility, and commandeered its systems to guide the development of some of Azeroth's races.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,895

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
But it's how the Light works. Through faith and prayers.
That's how all religions seem to work in Azeroth.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Pixy Pixy is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,134

Default

Quote:
That's how -all- gods work.
M'uru was enslaved though. We don't know how a God acts when enslaved and is being sucked of its strength.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,372

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
My guess? Elune is a Naaru who (crash?) landed on Azeroth's moon en route to Azeroth many years ago and discovered that the moon was actually an ancient titan genetic engineering facility, and commandeered its systems to guide the development of some of Azeroth's races.
Eh, the favoritism, acceptance of blood sacrifice, and connection to water elementals speak to me of a deeper tie to the moon than that.

I think Elune and the Earthmother are both probably super-elemental-gods. Star/Planet elementals probably, with physical forms destroyed by the Old Gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
M'uru was enslaved though. We don't know how a God acts when enslaved and is being sucked of its strength.
...?


So our -lack- of knowledge is your evidence that Elune is a naaru?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,895

Default

Just one thing we should all keep in mind. There is no such thing as a "god-level". The races can worship whatever they want as a god, but these gods do not all have the same level of power.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Oh thank god.
I thought the same. Thank god! Then we can hope for a really lore-heavy book.
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
artwork, do you want x or y?, literature, not the book of cain, warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.