Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

I'm actually jumping into my first two tabletop games ever next semester. I'd be happy to join this one too if there's still room.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Sooo this's going to be something i can walz in with no prior knowledge to the game?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Lots of books. And no, this is not all of them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q92y72loh4c8tr5/nkpkYtArzv
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Lots of books. And no, this is not all of them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q92y72loh4c8tr5/nkpkYtArzv
Is that... you know... legal?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 552

Default

Been ages since I played. Still room?
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Euphemialibritannia Euphemialibritannia is offline

Hypersensitive
Euphemialibritannia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,866

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Sooo this's going to be something i can walz in with no prior knowledge to the game?
IMO its easy to get the basics down as long as your GM is lax on the rules and helps guide you along it should be easy as long as you create a character sheet.

And it might be hard to get everyone in the same time zone, and there's lot interested, so it would be awesome if someone on our side of the world volunteered to GM so we could split up the groups so it works best.
__________________
"Just the completely unfounded and irrational fear that one day *this* is going to happen!"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,556
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Default

I've never played DnD but I've been wanting to try it. So I'd like to play, and what do I do?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,894

Default

I kinda wanna participate, but I think I'll just watch and learn. I don't really have time, atm.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Is that... you know... legal?
I'm not selling it to you, so it's all a matter of opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Euphemialibritannia Euphemialibritannia is offline

Hypersensitive
Euphemialibritannia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,866

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I kinda wanna participate, but I think I'll just watch and learn. I don't really have time, atm.
I think the most time consuming thing is character sheet/creation, because the "campaign" can always be centered around people needs. Even if its only 1 hour that you have to play and stuff. Of course that would be decided by the GM, but I feel like with the timezones and stuff smaller sessions would be the best.
__________________
"Just the completely unfounded and irrational fear that one day *this* is going to happen!"
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,109

Orb of Venom

Smaller sessions...or multiple GMs?

Seriously, please give worldbuilder access.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Euphemialibritannia Euphemialibritannia is offline

Hypersensitive
Euphemialibritannia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,866

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Smaller sessions...or multiple GMs?

Seriously, please give worldbuilder access.
Or both.
__________________
"Just the completely unfounded and irrational fear that one day *this* is going to happen!"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Shroombie Shroombie is offline

Eternal
Shroombie's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,262

Default

We could do multiple parties that meet up every now and again, based on time zone.
__________________
...Place loses all significance...
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Your Roll20 group full? I'd love to play- I run a 4e group with some friends in person but I'm the DM and I've been looking for a stable, online group where I can be the player. I also have all of the 4e books so you guys can always ask me to look something up.
__________________

Last edited by Omacron; 12-20-2013 at 12:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Your Roll20 group full? I'd love to play- I run a 4e group with some friends in person but I'm the DM and I've been looking for a stable, online group where I can be the player.
Speaking of, whatever happened to those play logs you were writing down and posting?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Tempting, but I've never played, and my timezone kinda of screws me out of most stuff like this.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-20-2013, 12:30 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

aurbouren, erthad, and omacron, ok.


does worlbuilder mean makes the maps?


I think we have enough people now , don't wanna overdo it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Speaking of, whatever happened to those play logs you were writing down and posting?
TLDR: My players are incredibly slow. A whole semester went by and we only did two levels of the whole dungeon. What was supposed to be an introductory campaign lasting a month s going to last all year.



Anyway, here are my characters: I'll be playing one of these five (bumped up to an appropriate level) depending on the setting, plot, and composition of the group. If the text isn't displaying in dropbox, just download the PDF and everything should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgc8g01wduv6ges/finder.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4fsus8gp5...r%20Anveyn.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1lhncgw4i...en%20Arash.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36my0fpoymlzs8t/gibeon.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk5mo6ds50...20Amdusias.pdf


EDIT: Also, if we're not doing a brand-new campaign and you want to use a published model, I'm very partial to Seekers of the Ashen Crown, both because it's very good and in my favorite campaign setting, Eberron.
__________________

Last edited by Omacron; 12-20-2013 at 01:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:10 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
TLDR: My players are incredibly slow. A whole semester went by and we only did two levels of the whole dungeon. What was supposed to be an introductory campaign lasting a month s going to last all year.



Anyway, here are my characters: I'll be playing one of these five (bumped up to an appropriate level) depending on the setting, plot, and composition of the group. If the text isn't displaying in dropbox, just download the PDF and everything should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgc8g01wduv6ges/finder.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4fsus8gp5...r%20Anveyn.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1lhncgw4i...en%20Arash.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36my0fpoymlzs8t/gibeon.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk5mo6ds50...20Amdusias.pdf


EDIT: Also, if we're not doing a brand-new campaign and you want to use a published model, I'm very partial to Seekers of the Ashen Crown, both because it's very good and in my favorite campaign setting, Eberron.
I don't know what settngs there are, But I have a level 1-3 starter campaign that's a simple dungeon crawl, itll let people get used to the rules, and if people want to bring in campaigns, send me the pdfs.

or if you can find any premade ones with maps I can use, feel free.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:25 AM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Oi, I said I want in. Add me to that original post list.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:25 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
I don't know what settngs there are, But I have a level 1-3 starter campaign that's a simple dungeon crawl, itll let people get used to the rules, and if people want to bring in campaigns, send me the pdfs.

or if you can find any premade ones with maps I can use, feel free.
Well, my favorite character is a warforged artificer (read: robot engineer) and some D&D players get pissy about that, since the warforged race and artificer class come from Eberron, which is a more high-tech setting than others.


If you want to take a peek at the Seekers of the Ashen Crown module, here's the link.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:36 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

atm Im scavenging for map parts, tokens to represent people, and all that.

shame theres not some large downloadeable dropbox of these things


I think as a setting we can be flexible. perhaps when we get to a higher level we could have it that theres rifts like infinite and that's why some bits may be all over the place.


but there will be dragons. dragons are my peeps.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Fuck rifts. Let's do planescape!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:51 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Fuck rifts. Let's do planescape!
I came up with a better idea in the shower just.

remember myst? how about like that, bits can be however, because the writer wants it like that?

also planescape was destroyed in 4e afaik
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
also planescape was destroyed in 4e afaik
Yes and no. You don't have to go with what they wrote! GREAT WHEEL MOTHERFUCKERS
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dnd, dungeons, gameplay, lightning bolt!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.