Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-27-2014, 04:56 AM

Problemsolver

We also have to figure out what the guild is going to be. Like what sort of an organization we are.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:21 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
We also have to figure out what the guild is going to be. Like what sort of an organization we are.
We're obviously High Prince Anduin's harem. Dressing as dragons is not mandatory but encouraged.

(You're right.)
Old 04-27-2014, 05:26 AM

Priestess of the Moon

I'm in.
I don't care if it's alliance or horde. - Seems like more are interested in an alliance guild, for now.

My idea for a guild, no matter the faction, for such a mixed bunch of people, with many who have not decided what to play iCly, would be...
...well, can't find a word for it. I'll describe it:
Something simple, easy, not to complex, very open.
Something like a military unit, but not as strict, nor mercenaries.
More like a bunch of comrades who are willing to fight for their side.
There's still a place for healers/menders, blacksmith, trader or other more 'civil' character concepts.

Everything that would fit into a keep/garrison/small outpost and work together.

Could be a general idea, atleast. But I would be willing to construct a character for a more 'specialized'/specific guild.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:48 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

As help, I am happy to DM events, create plotlines and events. I could also Gm. However, I wouldn't much like to do it alone.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
We need a name for the guild. Hmm, I suppose that this shall be the first trial we have to overcome.
Wolves of Azeroth.

Bitches of House Wrynn.

Hounds of Trickster.

Pirates with no ship.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:07 AM

Elune

I'm not sure if this is everybody's cup of tea, but I figured I might as well give an overview of what mine some of my mate's guild concept was.

So basically, we wanted to be a pretty active guild in terms of all the games content. That meant doing Normal/Heroic (WoD equivalent that is), Rated Battlegrounds and such. We'd by no means be hardcore, but we'd give all of it a pretty good crack.

At the same time we also wanted to have some grounding in the roleplaying side of things. That meant we'd be eager to recruit people who want to roleplay, whether that's on a more casual basis of if they intend to do that an awful lot of the time. The concept we were going for in terms of arrpee was being part of the Seventh Legion. That gives us a basis of being a military guild, but with enough flexibility in terms of races and allegiance to the Alliance without being another "band of adventurers" guild. Given how much the 7th tend to take losses I didn't figure it as being altogether overly snowflake-ish either.

When Draenor hits I'd been bouncing around the idea of the unit being 'trapped' on Draenor much like the PCs are. Since 99% of roleplayers insist on only ever using the Eastern Kingdoms and that expansion continents do not exist. Ever. Plus it would get some use out of our Garrisons.

And we would be called... <The Aristocrats>
Old 04-27-2014, 07:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I'm not sure if this is everybody's cup of tea, but I figured I might as well give an overview of what mine some of my mate's guild concept was.

So basically, we wanted to be a pretty active guild in terms of all the games content. That meant doing Normal/Heroic (WoD equivalent that is), Rated Battlegrounds and such. We'd by no means be hardcore, but we'd give all of it a pretty good crack.

At the same time we also wanted to have some grounding in the roleplaying side of things. That meant we'd be eager to recruit people who want to roleplay, whether that's on a more casual basis of if they intend to do that an awful lot of the time. The concept we were going for in terms of arrpee was being part of the Seventh Legion. That gives us a basis of being a military guild, but with enough flexibility in terms of races and allegiance to the Alliance without being another "band of adventurers" guild. Given how much the 7th tend to take losses I didn't figure it as being altogether overly snowflake-ish either.

When Draenor hits I'd been bouncing around the idea of the unit being 'trapped' on Draenor much like the PCs are. Since 99% of roleplayers insist on only ever using the Eastern Kingdoms and that expansion continents do not exist. Ever. Plus it would get some use out of our Garrisons.
That sounds like a great ide...

Quote:
Goddamnit.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:54 PM

Druid of the Claw
BattleTag: Sceptrum#2924

Quote:

I wouldn't mind that. Fits well with player characters that can travel around more easily than "regular military" and which does not tie a guild to a certain location.

If a name, maybe <Insert Noun/Verb/Adjective here> Company would be a nice and easy name.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:59 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
I wouldn't mind that. Fits well with player characters that can travel around more easily than "regular military" and which does not tie a guild to a certain location.

If a name, maybe <Insert Noun/Verb/Adjective here> Company would be a nice and easy name.
What he said, it's the best compromise possible to allow us flexibility with A/ Races and B/ Locations, but we need a decent name. I could live with <X> Company.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:04 AM

Elune

Seventh legion reserve?
Old 04-28-2014, 02:07 AM

<X> [<Y>] Expedition.
<X> [<Y>] Brigade.
<X> [Elite] Corps.

Last edited by Nazja; 04-28-2014 at 02:10 AM..
Old 04-28-2014, 02:17 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
<X> [<Y>] Expedition.
<X> [<Y>] Brigade.
One of these sounds good to me.

Um..

Aegis Expedition, Brigade of the lion.... Um, its too early to be brain storming names.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:20 AM

Banished

<X> [<Y>] Expedition works best I reckon, good work Nazja-san.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:30 AM

Arch-Druid

From my understanding so far, Durus seems to wish to be the GM, officership will be given to DMers.

I am good with this, I won't be pouring 24/7 in to the guild but are happy to prat about and do stuff. Drurus is creating a basic page for us to pour over.

I look forward to RPing with you all.

Now, Nelf Druid, Human Paladin or Dranaei mage!

Help!

Old 04-28-2014, 02:35 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Expedition sounds good! Would be fitting for WoD, too.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuEru View Post
Expedition sounds good! Would be fitting for WoD, too.
Yep. After all, we're basically the Second Alliance Expedition.

(Old RTS factions are a good source of inspiration.)
Old 04-28-2014, 03:54 AM

Elune

I have a personal gripe with guilds that use things like... <XXX Regiment> or <XXX Company> just because you're never going to feesible get the numbers sufficient to represent that, even if WoW has tended to be very liberal on defining what constitutes the numbers for a regiment or what have you in WoW. That and I was never a fan of the "oh there's behind the scenes NPCs" excuse a lot of guilds out there use either.

Originally I was going to call it <Storm Wardens> just because I thought it sounded neat (and not totally stolen from Deathwatch) and despite our background wasn't 'another' generic military guild name. More of a 'nick name' for the unit.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:22 AM

Druid of the Claw
BattleTag: Sceptrum#2924

Quote:
I have a personal gripe with guilds that use things like... <XXX Regiment> or <XXX Company> just because you're never going to feesible get the numbers sufficient to represent that, even if WoW has tended to be very liberal on defining what constitutes the numbers for a regiment or what have you in WoW. That and I was never a fan of the "oh there's behind the scenes NPCs" excuse a lot of guilds out there use either.

Originally I was going to call it <Storm Wardens> just because I thought it sounded neat (and not totally stolen from Deathwatch) and despite our background wasn't 'another' generic military guild name. More of a 'nick name' for the unit.
Storm Wardens? So Scottish theme with claymores and lightning!

I have always viewed company in medieval and fantasy settings as a term for a military unit of any size, but I also see the point of avoiding some strict military unit designations.

As for nickname of unit as guild name, sounds good. Although, Storm Wardens make me think of shamans and Wildhammer dwarves to be honest. And Deathwatch...
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 AM

Eternal

I have to admit, the kor'kohn players on AD, despite there characters being massive assholes, as fits the theme of what the kor'kohn were, I have to admire these guys, just because once SoO came out and passed a bit of time, just about all of them decided to kill off there characters, either by renaming them, race changing them or outright deleting them, but effectively making it that there kor'kohn character died in the siege.

That takes some serious dedication to roleplay.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
I have to admit, the kor'kohn players on AD, despite there characters being massive assholes, as fits the theme of what the kor'kohn were, I have to admire these guys, just because once SoO came out and passed a bit of time, just about all of them decided to kill off there characters, either by renaming them, race changing them or outright deleting them, but effectively making it that there kor'kohn character died in the siege.

That takes some serious dedication to roleplay.
Yeah! Heard of this happening. Which is awesome.

Killing your main is a super hard thing to do.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:33 AM

Eternal

I think it takes a lot of balls for anyone to kill off there roleplay character, if they've been playing them for a while. But to do it on mass with many others, what can I say, I dislike the kor'kohn in the lore for what they became, but I admire them folks for making it all seem genuine.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:39 AM

Arch-Druid

yeah, only seen it 3 times. That was from a huge plot involving a lot of people. The Player missed the characters alot, but, plot willing.

I would't kill off my main character without due reason, and would be sad to do so.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:51 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
I think it takes a lot of balls for anyone to kill off there roleplay character, if they've been playing them for a while. But to do it on mass with many others, what can I say, I dislike the kor'kohn in the lore for what they became, but I admire them folks for making it all seem genuine.
I'm sorry, but I need to call you out on something. I don't do this to be mean, but to give you a chance to better yourself. And because I want to save myself from future cringes.

I've read a few of your recent posts, and it seems to me that you have a problem to differentiate between their/there/they're. 'There' is to be used when referring to a place or direction (there is a house over yonder). 'Their' is to be used when referring to a group's possessions (their house lies over yonder). And finally 'they're' is just a contraction of the words 'they' and 'are' (they're cool, yo).
Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I'm sorry, but I need to call you out on something. I don't do this to be mean, but to give you a chance to better yourself. And because I want to save myself from future cringes.

I've read a few of your recent posts, and it seems to me that you have a problem to differentiate between their/there/they're. 'There' is to be used when referring to a place or direction (there is a house over yonder). 'Their' is to be used when referring to a group's possessions (their house lies over yonder). And finally 'they're' is just a contraction of the words 'they' and 'are' (they're cool, yo).
I've got a friend who does the same as you just did. While I could apologize for my sometimes terrible grammar, which I try to proof read before every post I make, having dyslexia has always been an issue I have to live with, even if constantly trying to do my best to correct spelling mistakes and poor handwriting. Infact I hate writing nowadays without a computer simply because my own handwriting is so bad I avoid it unless I need to sign anything.

But, don't want to derail this thread with some revealing facts.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
I've got a friend who does the same as you just did. While I could apologize for my sometimes terrible grammar, which I try to proof read before every post I make, having dyslexia has always been an issue I have to live with, even if constantly trying to do my best to correct spelling mistakes and poor handwriting. Infact I hate writing nowadays without a computer simply because my own handwriting is so bad I avoid it unless I need to sign anything.

But, don't want to derail this thread with some revealing facts.
Well alright then. As long as you try your best, there's not much more I can do.

Something more on topic; my subscription runs out in 26 hours, but I'll add gametime as soon as I get paid and will continue leveling my gnome rogue as best I can be arsed. So far I've gotten to level 10, which is a feat for someone like me who hates leveling, and hopefully I'll get him to a level where I can find some cool transmogs (was thinking about the Defias Leather set or something similair) and can hang out in zones without getting insta-killed by mobs.

Tags
gameplay, world of warcraft