Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
So what exactly have be been doing to the iron horde territories we captured that our enemies would rather bind themselves to demons rather than be subjected to our 'mercy'?
Cuz now they get da powah! duh
Old 10-29-2015, 05:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
So what exactly have be been doing to the iron horde territories we captured that our enemies would rather bind themselves to demons rather than be subjected to our 'mercy'?
Does "victory or death" ring a bell?

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Elune

Interesting tidbit of WOD information as this expansion spins down, but totally inconsequential:

TotalBiscuit took a vine at the Blizzard offices and on the whiteboard in the background it has the rundown of patch features for 6.1 and 6.2, including the dates for release and when tasks were finished internally.

According to this, the Tanaan Jungle zone was finished all the way back in January 23rd, which was a whole month before 6.1 even launched, and nearly six months until 6.2 launched. The raid was finished on the 27th of March, was in for public testing until April 13th, and released on June 23rd.

It's kinda interesting to see how Tanaan appears to have just been waiting in reserve for Blizzard to finish the raid itself. Seems kind of counterproductive to withhold Tanaan from 6.1 when it seems like it could have easily have been released alongside it, instead of being held for six months while players had nothing to do.

... Also, centaurs?
Old 11-02-2015, 06:31 PM

Elune

Centaur bit looks like it was added later for the lulz
Old 11-02-2015, 06:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Centaur bit looks like it was added later for the lulz
I'm not sure it was. It's in the same colour marker as the rest of it. The only thing that looks tacked on for 'the lulz' is the obvious 'butts' comment in black marker.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I'm not sure it was. It's in the same colour marker as the rest of it. The only thing that looks tacked on for 'the lulz' is the obvious 'butts' comment in black marker.
Looks black to me while the rest is blue.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:40 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

entire board writing thing is a joke.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
But it's true. Those asses...
Name:  WoWScrnShot_091815_150901.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  253.9 KB
Name:  The blue ass was fat.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  108.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

you know there are people out there that are more attractive than WoW toons.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:22 PM

Elune

Quote:

According to this, the Tanaan Jungle zone was finished all the way back in January 23rd, which was a whole month before 6.1 even launched, and nearly six months until 6.2 launched. The raid was finished on the 27th of March, was in for public testing until April 13th, and released on June 23rd.

It's kinda interesting to see how Tanaan appears to have just been waiting in reserve for Blizzard to finish the raid itself. Seems kind of counterproductive to withhold Tanaan from 6.1 when it seems like it could have easily have been released alongside it, instead of being held for six months while players had nothing to do.

... Also, centaurs?
I'm not entirely surprised by them holding back Tanaan for release alongside the raid. They would have surely had to have had some other sizable non-raid content for release with the raid had they not been released together, otherwise can you imagine the outcry (more so than usual)?

Its a kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't thing, though. Release 6.1 with how bare bones it was and hold off Tanaan for release alongside the raid, or release Tanaan in 6.1 and have the raid be by itself and have even more of a content drought (or otherwise spend more time making more content).

Centaurs certainly seem odd, though. I could go either way with what color the marker is, I look at it now and it seems black, I look at it again and its kinda blue. Is it strange for them to have this stuff up on a blackboard now, though?

Also I can't figure out what the word is before "integration" on the left column. T-something. Tiller? Title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
you know there are people out there that are more attractive than WoW toons.
But are they blue and horned? Dealbreaker.

Last edited by Arakiba; 11-02-2015 at 07:25 PM..
Old 11-02-2015, 07:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Also I can't figure out what the word is before "integration" on the left column. T-something. Tiller? Title?
Twitter.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Twitter.
...I feel dumb for not thinking of that. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2016, 06:59 PM

Chimaera

With all due respect... does a wod spoiler thread still deserve to be a sticky at this point? Seems like it should be getting archived for the ages at this point, not hanging out with the big-shot threads at the top of the subforum
Old 06-07-2016, 07:29 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Invisibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
With all due respect... does a wod spoiler thread still deserve to be a sticky at this point? Seems like it should be getting archived for the ages at this point, not hanging out with the big-shot threads at the top of the subforum
I heed your summons, Windlord.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:12 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Thumbs up

It's a conspiracy against the great and most humblest Nazja!

Tags
lore, warlocks of draenor