Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-24-2014, 02:21 PM

Default Lost Armory - Unobtainable Gear Thread

So, how about we compile a list of armor/weapons that are missing ingame and are unaviable to players?

To start this, here the Warspear Grunt Helmet:

So, yeah. Interesting helmet that fits well the Grunt Armor set.

One interesting item that I've also seen, which is only indirectly useable by player's is Captain Ironbeard's Hat.

It's only aviable via a toy which transforms you into an orc with predefined armor. I could easily see this matching to the Blackrock Armor set.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:40 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Shame really, both are fantastic.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:41 PM

World Builder

There are a bunch of vrykul weapons we can't use, right?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-24-2014, 02:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Missing belts or shoes for set armors. Like the belt for the Balespider's Regalia or Doomcaller's Regalia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:04 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
There are a bunch of vrykul weapons we can't use, right?
Vrykul had a ton of unique gear that was unobtainable as well. Their helms and shoulders etc as they weren't set models, the gear was external.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

All of the recolors for the MoP Challenge Mode armor sets, they're still in the files and some of them arguably look just as good, if not better, than the ones that are in-game. Johnny Awesome wears a recolor of the Hunter set that's black/red and looks pretty darn cool.

And here's more of them just as an example:

Death Knight

Druid

Hunter

Paladin

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

Warrior and Mage recolors are on this link here. I REALLY fucking want that dark grey recolor of the Warrior challenge mode gear, it looks amazing.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=203004/c...14-set-bonuses
Old 12-24-2014, 03:26 PM

Elune

As much as I'm sure we'd probably be slating them for 'lazy recycling', after the utter "Meh"-ness of the Challenge Mode weapons I can't help but wonder why they didn't release the new colours of CM armour as this expansion's reward.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:56 PM

Eternal

Horde and Alliance tabards from Northrend. They're my favorites.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:52 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Crossed Swords (War2)

The Arcanite Ripper from the removed Wrath boss Prince Tenris Mirkblood at Karazhan. For the times when you just need to rock.

Also I know some people want it, but I think that helmet and shoulders make the Orgrimmar guard's uniform worse. Don't compliment the rest of the set.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:39 PM

World Builder

Would we make a separate thread for pets that have models that aren't used or put them here too?

Browsed Petopia the other day and they've got tons.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-25-2014, 09:46 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Sentinel moonblades and Silvermoon Guardian weapons and armor.
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Old 12-26-2014, 06:16 AM

Eternal

http://imgur.com/a/PMqqB#0

An album with a lot of unused/unobtainable models. Not the best shots, but they're something.

Then there are some other things, like challenge mode colorations, other tier colorations (blue DK T12, best colour, is an example), a majority of WoD draenei weapons are unavailable/unobtainable, as well as the cloth draenei set and two colorations of the plate set. The fact that almost all draenei weapons (like the two handed sword that the soldiers use), the one-handed scythe, etc. are unobtainable annoys me. You also have a few models that were supposed to be crafted items, including what people thought looked like glaives. (fist weapons)

Arakkoa talonblades (the fist weapons), those are models I'd have loved to have obtained. Would've been a good reward, if just for transmog/flavor, from that Terokk questline. I loved his weapons, and they would have some kind of history and importance to them. I think his Beakbreaker gavel is available.

Also, Ner'zhul's staff: http://i.imgur.com/UQo7pra.png

I'd been trying to get it added to his heroic loot table for a long time, and they said they would look at it, but it never really happened. Colour me disappointed.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:31 PM

Elune

Old 12-27-2014, 04:54 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Those and the bow really make me wish I had run ToC back in the day. Such glorious weapons.

I'm also really envious of Maladaar's blue colored Paladin tier 12. I never understood why Blizzard made the two versions we can get almost the exact same color (one's just paler than the other). Like, I have a real hard time telling the two apart.

And they were sitting on the blue version. Come on!
Old 12-27-2014, 06:29 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Those and the bow really make me wish I had run ToC back in the day. Such glorious weapons.

I'm also really envious of Maladaar's blue colored Paladin tier 12. I never understood why Blizzard made the two versions we can get almost the exact same color (one's just paler than the other). Like, I have a real hard time telling the two apart.

And they were sitting on the blue version. Come on!

Almost as inconceivable as making the ugly turquoise and red versions of DK T12 the ones available, and leaving out specifically the metallic and blue one that both fits DKs better, and looks way better. Same for the ToC 2handed sword that is available in green and bronze, and I think purple, but not in the blue-gold coloration, even though it's from a faction-themed raid.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:29 PM

Eternal

It seems like a lot of people prefer Wrath items to everything else. Maybe Blizzard artists should take note.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:39 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
It seems like a lot of people prefer Wrath items to everything else. Maybe Blizzard artists should take note.
Personally, I was a big fan of BC. Touch up the graphics, coordinate the quest rewards enough to avoid clownsuitery, and you've got some great high-fantasy stuff to work with.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

I really don't get why they don't have a single person on the art team update the resolutions of the TBC and vanilla armor/weapons. It'd be tedious but isn't hard at all.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:19 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I really don't get why they don't have a single person on the art team update the resolutions of the TBC and vanilla armor/weapons. It'd be tedious but isn't hard at all.
Somethingsomethingraidtier. They can't be spending the time updating models like that! What kind of time do you think Blizzard has? Next thing you know you'll be asking them to create entire sets of armor and weapons that'll only be acquirable by a fraction of the playerbase before being rendered completely unobtainable after the expansion ends!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Yeah, I would like updated Grand Marshal/High Warlord gear and weapons. Something like how hi-resolution the Hellscream heirlooms are.

It would probably enhance my desire to do RBG's even though I don't like having to do that to get old vanilla gear.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 PM

Eternal

They also need to update racial mount models. Imagine if they outsourced stuff like this to modders. If they can get away with selling pets and mounts for the price of a subscription fee, they could get away with tricking the community to work for them for free. Wieners of Warcraft would be in production instantly.

But seriously, I'd trade all the new items and mounts for revamps of older items and mounts. And also give us the unobtainium.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:06 AM

Eternal

The clothing on this gentleman seems to be recolored Moonglade.

I wants.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:36 AM

Eternal

I really wish they re-released the ToC models that were removed in Cata, as well as the recolors. I really really want Orgrim's Deflector but I can't obviously.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47513/orgrims-deflector
Old 12-30-2014, 11:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Imagine if they outsourced stuff like this to modders.
Valve has shown with TF2 that it works out pretty well when curated by the company in charge.

It's also what Everquest Next sorta plans to do with Landmark (think voxel Minecraft with MMO elements), basically if they like something players come up with in Landmark and it's really cool, they could put it into the actual EQN MMO itself. They've even said that they have the idea of basically laying out the concept of, say, a temple and giving a basic framework then asking players to build something in Landmark and the winner gets theirs in the MMO itself.

All WoW's players would have to do is mostly recolors and Blizz puts into the game. But there's the rub - Blizz would have to do some sort of extra work and moderate the community and projects, which may be too much to ask of them.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:01 AM

Arch-Druid

There was a big thread on MMO that had a pretty big list of removed items. Some items many people never even heard of.

I would like Blizz to add missing pieces to gear they got. Belts for Paladin FL tier and Wrathful Warrior come to mind. Also, the incomplete Cata questing gear. Some of it is great. Should be done like the MoP gear vendors in each zone. That way we can get stuff from completed quests too.

Tags
gameplay, gear