Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Whatchu Tink?
Bad 0 0%
Breaking Bad 5 45.45%
Don't Care 5 45.45%
No really, it's actually cool! DON'T LEAVE 4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2015, 01:51 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon Triumvirate Plays WoW (Finally)

"Tremble mortals... and despair. DOOM has come to your social life!"

Dark days have come. As clouds lie across the land, the shadowed corners leap forth with monstrous beings of might and horror. My time is at an end.

Due to a weird set of circumstances, my waifu encouraged me to install what I have long known to be one of the single-most addictive experiences in my life...

And so I have.

Starter Edition FTW! Can you say "level 20 or bust"?

~

Come & tell me what a poor decision I'm making! In the meantime, I'll be busy leveling my Troll Monk & looking wistfully at Stranglethorn Vale with a drastically under-leveled Troll Rogue. : )

//EDIT// - I also join an elite sect of SoLers that actually (still) play WoW. It's starting to get crowded... in this broom closet. All seven of us. : )
...Triumvirate has it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Triumvirate; you weird.
Welcome to the club. Have a drink on the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

My primary Project Thread:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...ehere_.303712/
Old 03-13-2015, 01:57 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Starter Edition, hm? Have fun doing nothing.

Come to think of it the Starter Edition is eeringly close to WoD in this regard.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:50 PM

Eternal

You already made two big mistakes:

1. Not playing an orc

2. Not playing a warrior
Old 03-13-2015, 02:52 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
You already made two big mistakes:

1. Not playing an dwarf

2. Not playing a shaman
Fixed.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 03-13-2015, 02:56 PM

Eternal

I can accept dwarves and shamans. Not as good as orcs and warriors, but still alright. But everything else is heresy.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

So.....what do you think so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:59 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
I can accept dwarves and shamans. Not as good as orcs and warriors, but still alright. But everything else is heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Shhhh, he's leveling.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 03-13-2015, 02:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
I'm the inverse, I like Orc Shaman and Dwarf Warriors more.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:00 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Gnome warriors want to have a chat with you.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:04 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I'm the inverse, I like Orc Shaman and Dwarf Warriors more.

Nothing beats heresy.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:08 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Gnome warriors want to have a chat with you.
Probably small talk, so not important.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:13 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

According to Blizzard, humans are priests, dwarves are hunters, night elves are druids, gnomes are warlocks, Draenei are paladins, worgen are DK's, pandaren are monks, orcs are warriors, tauren and trolls are shamans, Forsaken and goblins are rogues and blood elves are mages.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:25 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You know, I'm actually quite impressed, in a way. To be fair, this isn't my honest-to-gosh "first" time playing; I played for around an hour at a friend's house yeeeears ago. Probably during Vanilla or The Burning Crusade. I had done a buncha research & rolled a Troll Shaman... *sigh*

I personally dislike desert-themed tilesets, so I'm not particularly a fan of Ogrimmar/central Kalimdor in general. Imagine my joy when I roll a Troll Shaman and am placed in this dust-bowl "Valley of Trials", killing boars & wiping the dust from my eyes...

So then imagine my exhilaration to be placed instead on a fantastical Troll isle, full of lush greenery and positively oozing with Trollish architecture, fetishes, creatures, and warriors. Just really nice & thematic.

Anyway, things have really changed, and almost all for the better. And I'm not just talking new character models (though those are a treat). No, just about everything; the UI, the way things work, the organization & design... I particularly love that we Trolls are finally given our own little island (literally) as a starter-area, as aforementioned.

Also, the early quests have validated my own personal musings about Trollish "armies", Trollish combat, and what I expect(ed) to be the most prevalent/potent Troll enemy; the Naga. My campaign is salvaged!

I also have to laugh a bit; they gave me two little "tastes" of my racial mount in a couple quests; I can just taste the advertising. ("hey, wanna ride this raptor for a minute? Yeah, it's fun, right? Well, all you have to do is LEVEL TO 20 & MAKE TONS OF MONEY")

They're all talking in Trollanese, and jiving around... It's great.
Tiki Masks, man, too. It's the stuff.

~~~

Right now I'm having a hard time deciding what other characters to build. I'd like to get a good smattering of races & classes (races since I have some big favorites, classes because I really don't know my preferred playstyle). I know I need a female Pandaren, Goblin, Forsaken, and possibly Worgen... And I already have a Monk, a Shaman, a Rogue, and should eventually pick a Death Knight. But I'm not sure which for which.
(for example, I wanna do the obvious/fun/fitting thing and make my femme-Panda-lady a Monk, but I've heard tell that EVERY SINGLE PANDA is a Monk, and I wanna try to branch out (also, already playing a Troll Monk). I don't care for Warlocks or Mages or Priests, but might have to give them a try. Also Paladins; none of my races like Paladins.)

I'll never play Blood Elf, don't care for Orcs or Tauren, and Alliance is anathema (ok, not really). But past that, I'm open to experimentation.
Quote:
Triumvirate; you weird.
Quote:
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

Old 03-14-2015, 12:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I think you should play Draenei, at least until Blizzard stops having a massive hard-on for them which I'm sure will happen shortly after this expansion is over.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:59 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I think you should play Draenei, at least until Blizzard stops having a massive hard-on for them which I'm sure will happen shortly after this expansion is over.
Why wait? They're barely giving a crap about them as-is. Is there any significant Azeroth Prime-Draenei involved in the story at all? (Marrad doesn't count, he dead.)
Old 03-14-2015, 08:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumvirate View Post
You know, I'm actually quite impressed, in a way. To be fair, this isn't my honest-to-gosh "first" time playing; I played for around an hour at a friend's house yeeeears ago. Probably during Vanilla or The Burning Crusade. I had done a buncha research & rolled a Troll Shaman... *sigh*

I personally dislike desert-themed tilesets, so I'm not particularly a fan of Ogrimmar/central Kalimdor in general. Imagine my joy when I roll a Troll Shaman and am placed in this dust-bowl "Valley of Trials", killing boars & wiping the dust from my eyes...

So then imagine my exhilaration to be placed instead on a fantastical Troll isle, full of lush greenery and positively oozing with Trollish architecture, fetishes, creatures, and warriors. Just really nice & thematic.

Anyway, things have really changed, and almost all for the better. And I'm not just talking new character models (though those are a treat). No, just about everything; the UI, the way things work, the organization & design... I particularly love that we Trolls are finally given our own little island (literally) as a starter-area, as aforementioned.

Also, the early quests have validated my own personal musings about Trollish "armies", Trollish combat, and what I expect(ed) to be the most prevalent/potent Troll enemy; the Naga. My campaign is salvaged!

I also have to laugh a bit; they gave me two little "tastes" of my racial mount in a couple quests; I can just taste the advertising. ("hey, wanna ride this raptor for a minute? Yeah, it's fun, right? Well, all you have to do is LEVEL TO 20 & MAKE TONS OF MONEY")

They're all talking in Trollanese, and jiving around... It's great.
Tiki Masks, man, too. It's the stuff.

~~~

Right now I'm having a hard time deciding what other characters to build. I'd like to get a good smattering of races & classes (races since I have some big favorites, classes because I really don't know my preferred playstyle). I know I need a female Pandaren, Goblin, Forsaken, and possibly Worgen... And I already have a Monk, a Shaman, a Rogue, and should eventually pick a Death Knight. But I'm not sure which for which.
(for example, I wanna do the obvious/fun/fitting thing and make my femme-Panda-lady a Monk, but I've heard tell that EVERY SINGLE PANDA is a Monk, and I wanna try to branch out (also, already playing a Troll Monk). I don't care for Warlocks or Mages or Priests, but might have to give them a try. Also Paladins; none of my races like Paladins.)

I'll never play Blood Elf, don't care for Orcs or Tauren, and Alliance is anathema (ok, not really). But past that, I'm open to experimentation.
Will you ever upgrade to a full account?

Imo it is pretty pointless to keep going 1-20 over and over, if you have the time give the game a real try. Not that I suggest anyone play WoW mind you, but if you are really dead set...

Things you should try out: undead starter>Silverpine (one of the best questing experiences in WoW) in fact do worgen 1-1x first because of chronology, they form a whole. The panda and gobo starters are good too IIRC.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:20 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Will you ever upgrade to a full account?
Imo it is pretty pointless to keep going 1-20 over and over, if you have the time give the game a real try. Not that I suggest anyone play WoW mind you, but if you are really dead set...
Ever? Sure I suppose it's conceivable. But we really don't have the money, I know I don't have the time, and blah blah blah.

To me, part of the fun of WoW is just exploring the different classes, races... And exploring the world! Knock it's lore, but they (appear) to have really created a rich & vibrant & colorful world to simply get lost in.

I also have ulterior motives; I'm doing Troll research of Troll characters & Troll areas so I can better fashion Trolls in my Warcraft 3 modding. IT'S FOR SCIENCE. Troll Science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20
Things you should try out: undead starter>Silverpine (one of the best questing experiences in WoW) in fact do worgen 1-1x first because of chronology, they form a whole. The panda and gobo starters are good too IIRC.
Good to hear some good words about the ones I would've picked anyway. : ) But yeah, I'll make it a point to play Worgen first before Forsaken; thanks.
Quote:
Triumvirate; you weird.
Quote:
I like this guy.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:37 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumvirate View Post
And exploring the world! Knock it's lore, but they (appear) to have really created a rich & vibrant & colorful world to simply get lost in.
People very seldomely critize WoW because of the world itself. The environment team, along with the art designers, are the most praised among Blizzard's staff, and for good reasons.

The world of World of Warcraft is simply stunning. It's huge, full of hidden treasures (not in the literal sense... well, except for sometimes. Tip; go check out the goblin statue in Booty Bay), diverse, rich in detail, and stunningly amazing. I still remember the moments I visited most zones for the first time, simply because how breathtakingly beautiful and grand they were.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:44 PM

Sha of Disappointment

And then the Cataclysm revamp fucked most of them up, stuck in an eternal worldwide catastrophy. Still has better quests than WoD.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:27 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
And then the Cataclysm revamp fucked most of them up, stuck in an eternal worldwide catastrophy. Still has better quests than WoD.
Well, yeah, the world was more beautiful (and intact) back before Cataclysm, and it's a damned shame we won't be able to visit there again (if they don't pull an AU-Azeroth expansion out of their asses, with both old EK and old Kalimdor). But I still like the sense of progression that the revamp brought with it in some zones; mainly the Desolace overgrowth, and the healed parts of WPL/EPL.

What bummed me out the most with the Cataclysm revamp was the way they remade Orgrimmar. Savage Orgrimmar with tents and primitive burrows was leagues better than SPIKY SARONITE METAL Orgrimmar with SPIKES and METAL everywhere.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:30 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Orgrimmar looks like a metal Kodo with diarhea went through the entire city three times over - and then that guy from the Garrison selling Unnecessary Spikes went to town too.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:36 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

remove all meta spikes from horde buildings. replace with something else.. .
Old 03-16-2015, 03:37 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
remove all meta spikes from horde buildings. replace with something else.. .
Dildos!
Old 03-16-2015, 03:39 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Strapons.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:45 PM

Eternal

New Orgrimmar looks good. You all have no taste.

Tags
gameplay, world of warcraft