Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: What Fate Do YOU Want For Sylvanas?
Active 8 17.39%
Deceased 31 67.39%
I don't care! 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2015, 04:32 PM

Banished

inb4

-The Valkyr's are leaderless
-Sylvanas wants to recluit them, they say no
-Sylvanas heroic sacrifice or w.e. the point is she should be dead dead
-The light valkyr take mercy on her soul and save her spirit from death, taking her to the Halls of Valor/make her their Queen.
-Calia Menethil Rises.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Odin. Heimdall. Hel. Baldr. Bragi. Njord.

But I am also curious whether this does mean that we will see Tyr, especially with his connection to Valor. I suspect the watcher-'gods' may be either Tyr, Njord (possibly connected to the kvaldir), and Odin.
But Tyr is supposed to be good, so that would be weird. Saved from getting corrupted by the OG's only to succumb to the Legion.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:48 PM

Elune

If she's getting redeemed in this then I want her to die right now. I'd rather have her go total Lich Queen, so we would get another undead expansion.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Shadow Orb

Apocalypse in the Undercity.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
If she's getting redeemed in this then I want her to die right now. I'd rather have her go total Lich Queen, so we would get another undead expansion.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

I'd be happy if she trips and breaks her skull open on a brick.

Or falls into the Undercity's sewage and dissolves immediately.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
But Tyr is supposed to be good, so that would be weird. Saved from getting corrupted by the OG's only to succumb to the Legion.
Was it said that both watchers are bad or that they were fighting each other? There is a difference.

Also my money is on the God King getting an Odin name. Unless there's some famous Norse leader?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Was it said that both watchers are bad or that they were fighting each other? There is a difference.

Also my money is on the God King getting an Odin name. Unless there's some famous Norse leader?
Well, one of them is likely Hel, so the one that sided with the legion is the vrykul's God King. They're both our enemies and fighting each other.

Well, they could use Woden or Donar, if they don't feel like being too obvious. Maybe Saxnot, but that's even less likely.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well, one of them is likely Hel, so the one that sided with the legion is the vrykul's God King. They're both our enemies and fighting each other.

Well, they could use Woden or Donar, if they don't feel like being too obvious. Maybe Saxnot, but that's even less likely.
Is the God King a watcher or a Vrykul?
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:29 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure how the Halls of Valor or the Vrykul God-King ties in with the Legion. We know that two watchers are feuding. We don't know who or why. So if Tyr is one, he may have good reasons for this feud, and the other may be Legion-aligned.

Quote:
Is the God King a watcher or a Vrykul?
The way I understood it, a Watcher.

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
You mean you don't want happy fun time angel Sylvanas who wants to spread necrotic love any and everywhere?

Well you're just an irrational Alliance fanboy!
Old 08-07-2015, 05:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
You mean you don't want happy fun time angel Sylvanas who wants to spread necrotic love any and everywhere?
Feel the glory of necrosis and rejoice! The Dark Lady loves you.

On a more serious note, I just hate whitewashing. Why can't we have her pilot a necropolis that shoots death rays which zombify people on the spot?
Old 08-07-2015, 05:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Feel the glory of necrosis and rejoice! The Dark Lady loves you.

On a more serious note, I just hate whitewashing. Why can't we have her pilot a necropolis that shoots death rays which zombify people on the spot?
Because Blizzard wants all the playable races to be considered good guys or at least sympathetic to some degree. This leads them to trying to have their cake and eat it too by making certain playable races do evil things but write off that 'they're not affiliated with the faction you play so don't worry about it'.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
The way I understood it, a Watcher.
Quote:
Stormheim has the Vrykul that left Northrend thousands of years ago in search of their holy land. We will discover the Halls of Valor and Hellheim, home to two Titan keepers that have been at war for thousands of years. We will learn about origins of the the Val'kyr and Kvaldir as we ride the Ship of Souls into the Maw of Hell. We will also be fighting the Vrykul God King and his minions, who are now minions of the Burning Legion.
Silly Nazja.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Guru of Gilneas

"People say that we are running ideas? We have lots of new ones. For example, in Wrath of the Lich King, we had the vrykul under King Ymiron being minions of the Lich King. It featured a death cult with val'kyr. But now we have vrykul under the Vrykul God-King being minions of the Burning Legion, and this time it features a death cult with the original val'kyr."
Old 08-07-2015, 06:20 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
"People say that we are running ideas? We have lots of new ones. For example, in Wrath of the Lich King, we had the vrykul under King Ymiron being minions of the Lich King. It featured a death cult with val'kyr. But now we have vrykul under the Vrykul God-King being minions of the Burning Legion, and this time it features a death cult with the original val'kyr."
But now they're gold instead of blue!
Old 08-08-2015, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Silly Nazja.
Yes, and where does the vrykul God King live? In the Halls of Valor.

It sounds like King Dred being the king of raptors, despite being a devilsaur, to me.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:53 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:

It sounds like King Dred being the king of raptors, despite being a devilsaur, to me.
I think we all know King Dredd was an Indominus Rex.

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Old 08-08-2015, 04:54 AM

Elune

Quote:

I don't think he lives there. He's going there. Silly foxes thinking they can read.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2015, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I don't think he lives there. He's going there. Silly foxes thinking they can read.
Your Tyr will turn to ashes.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:40 AM

Elune

To be honest, I'll admit one thing. They don't really have to kill Sylvanas to still have her pay some repercussion of some kind.

They could have a serious fight between her and Genn and Genn comes out the winner, but Sylvanas manages to escape by a stroke of luck or something. Could also have her suffer other things that cause her pride and spirit to be broken, which would make Genn's victory over her become the breaking point. It could interestingly give her flashbacks of losing to Arthas.

Obviously that won't stop Genn from hunting her down, but it would at least give me some solace that Genn is a character who is worth taking seriously and can measure up to a character like Sylvanas. Which is something that would be good for building up actual pride for Worgen fans.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
To be honest, I'll admit one thing. They don't really have to kill Sylvanas to still have her pay some repercussion of some kind.

They could have a serious fight between her and Genn and Genn comes out the winner, but Sylvanas manages to escape by a stroke of luck or something. Could also have her suffer other things that cause her pride and spirit to be broken, which would make Genn's victory over her become the breaking point. It could interestingly give her flashbacks of losing to Arthas.

Obviously that won't stop Genn from hunting her down, but it would at least give me some solace that Genn is a character who is worth taking seriously and can measure up to a character like Sylvanas. Which is something that would be good for building up actual pride for Worgen fans.
>Genn vs Sylvanas
>Long fight, but finally Genn has her cornered
>Genn grabs Sylvanas by the throat and is about to kill her
>"GENN, STOP!"
>It's Anduin, who comes running behind them.
>"IF YOU DO THIS... YOU WILL FINALLY GIVE INTO THE BEAST INSIDE! YOU'LL BECOME AS BAD AS HER!"
>Genn hesitates and releases her
>She runs away, vowing revenge
>"Thank you, Anduin... you truly are the wisest among us. I see now, Light give him rest, that your father named you High King."
>The surrounding Gilneans howl and kneel before a smiling Anduin.
>stormwindcitytheme.mp3
Old 08-08-2015, 06:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
>Genn vs Sylvanas
>"GENN, STOP!"
>"IF YOU DO THIS... YOU WILL FINALLY GIVE INTO THE BEAST INSIDE! YOU'LL BECOME AS BAD AS HER!"
>"Thank you, Anduin... you truly are the wisest among us. I see now, Light give him rest, that your father named you High King."
>stormwindcitytheme.mp3
/barfs

I hate how this just makes me laugh now, it's so funny at how bad it sounds but totally not something Blizzard wouldn't be inclined to do.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:58 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
>Genn vs Sylvanas
>"GENN, STOP!"
>stormwindcitytheme.mp3
>This actually sounds perfectly viable, and nay, may infact happen exactly like this

REEEEE.mp3

Tags
and make it double, banshee love, bitch queen, elves arent people, foot expansion, from devastation, kill it, leg expansion, sylvanas