Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2016, 01:16 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

In my opinion, the biggest scandal would be if the people on this list isn't getting persecuted and figuratively fisted to death.
Corruption is like cancer of the state, unless cut and medicated as much as possible it will viciously harm the host.
The Icelandic Prime Minister is being pressured to abdicate and announce a re-election due to being on the list. It's harder to put such pressure on politicians that aren't on the list but have acquaintances and family on it. Unless they try to protect these which in my opinion would show their dirty hands.
Putin has been on the front page over this list but he isn't on the list, just people in Russia that is said to be close to him. To act is even more important to him as he's pushing an anti-corruption agenda at the moment in Russia. He have to hit them hard or lose his massive domestic support.
Cameron has his father on the list but he isn't on it himself.

https://www.rt.com/uk/338300-cameron...panama-papers/

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 04-04-2016 at 01:21 AM..
Old 04-04-2016, 04:17 AM

Elune

RT is Kremlin propaganda.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:25 AM

Problemsolver

Is this a surprise to anyone, that people with lots of cash want to protect that money and make them grow, even if it means avoiding to support your country of residence? And does anyone really think things are going to change because of this reveal?
Old 04-04-2016, 04:51 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Sagara#2842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Is this a surprise to anyone, that people with lots of cash want to protect that money and make them grow, even if it means avoiding to support your country of residence? And does anyone really think things are going to change because of this reveal?
Then again, nobody's surprised that people die all the time. Doesn't stop us from trying to prevent it as much as possible.

I'd say if this thing reduces that capital bamboozled even by a single percent, that'd be a good thing, so might as well try.

Enigma will take you where Dogma cannot.
We do not create the path to Ascension, we explore it.**

**That message hasn't.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
What if we built walls around our countries to try and keep them in?
Old 04-04-2016, 05:01 AM

Eternal

But what if they throw their money over the walls?
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 04-04-2016, 05:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
Some of the money being held offshore is being used for very bad things, like buying teenage sex slaves or swindling African hospitals
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 AM

Eternal

Quote:
What if we built walls around our countries to try and keep them in?
Ask the people in ze Tschechische Republik, they will know the answer first hand.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
American media has ignored this scandal because it has nothing to do with Donald Trump.
They are probably ignoring it because of who else might be involved in it. This is a George Soros backed leak. And Hillary is a Soros pet to a degree as is John Kasich.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Some of the money being held offshore is being used for very bad things, like buying teenage sex slaves or swindling African hospitals
We haven't cared about sex slaves in years, and lol no one gives a fuck about Africans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Ask the people in ze Tschechische Republik, they will know the answer first hand.
That is kind of what people that criticize the rich for doing this remind me of. I understand if they are lying about what deductions they are qualifying for or that the government giving those deductions is doing so in an unfair manner that we need change. This data leak could otherwise expose more heinous things like people working around sanctions against Assad or the Russian pedophiles. With Putin in the way I am not sure anything will come of any of that though. A lot of the corruption in Africa is well known. If they are just keeping it off shore though trying to create an army of accountants to chase them down and force them to pay seems totalitarian to me. Especially with some of the tax levels some of these countries have. When you need to increase government power to prevent people from leaving that should cause some sort of reflection.

Secrecy and privacy exist for a reason too. If people don't like their duly elected governments using surveillance capabilities for security reasons because of privacy they sure don't seem to mind when some random unelected Joe dumps personal information in the public domain. People praised Manning and Snowden for giving secret information to foreign journalists and unscrupulous nations and by doing so endangering the lives of people in harm's way when the US government allows whistle blowers to report fraud, waste, and abuse to any member of congress and an independent inspector general. There doesn't seem to be a distinction on motive or credibility as much as that anyone that sticks it to rich people or the establishment is a hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
We haven't cared about sex slaves in years, and lol no one gives a fuck about Africans.
This isn't true.

Last edited by PajamaSalad; 04-04-2016 at 05:45 AM..
Old 04-04-2016, 05:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
RT is Kremlin propaganda.
And western sources are totally trustworthy and unbiased.

Russians seem to be your IRL Forsaken given your huge hateon for them
Old 04-04-2016, 06:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post

I don't buy into this false equivalence. RT is owned by the state and Russia has issues with dissidents being arrested and killed. Putin has been in charge of the nation how many years since the fall of the Soviet Union?

Even look at their rational and execution of the anti-homosexual propaganda laws.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:18 AM

Elune

I keep skimming past the title and thinking its says pajama scandal, and I keep wondering what PJ did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
I keep skimming past the title and thinking its says pajama scandal, and I keep wondering what PJ did.
Probably pajamas in public.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:24 AM

Elune

Quote:

Suck more autocratic dick please
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:32 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagara View Post
Then again, nobody's surprised that people die all the time. Doesn't stop us from trying to prevent it as much as possible.

I'd say if this thing reduces that capital bamboozled even by a single percent, that'd be a good thing, so might as well try.
I'm with you a hundred percent, don't get me wrong. It's just the cynic in me speaking. And sadly that voice is correct more often than the positive one, especially when it comes to economics and politics. Realistically this'll be interesting for a week or two, then the public will have moved on, never really having done anything to change things, and the wheel spins on.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:32 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Ech, I'm not saying western news sources are inherently trustworthy. I prefer to get as many facts as possible from as many sources as I can manage, myself. But I don't think you can really compare news outlets with obvious preferences to an outlet that's outright run by the people they'Re reporting on.

Combined with Russia's tendency to pay people to go online and shill for them, I have to recommend taking everything that comes out of RT with a grain of salt.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Suck more autocratic dick please
But if the Russians are the Forsaken, who are the poor, poor Lordaeroni for whom Bajor von Fojar fights for? Maybe the rich emigration following the Soviet takeover, you seem like an elitist prick so it fits. And NATO would be the Alliance, and you worship that so it fits even better.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:36 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Fojar, Nonane, stop being dick weasels.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Fojar, Nonane, stop being dick weasels.
Could you bring your diplomatic capabilities to more threads? Dire is our need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
Let's just say that that donkey will never look at pumpkins in quite the same way again, and leave it at that.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:50 AM

Elune

Quote:
But if the Russians are the Forsaken, who are the poor, poor Lordaeroni for whom Bajor von Fojar fights for? Maybe the rich emigration following the Soviet takeover, you seem like an elitist prick so it fits. And NATO would be the Alliance, and you worship that so it fits even better.
Layin' down some sick World of Warcraft related burns when called out for your support for dictatorship
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:52 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Sagara#2842

Quote:
I'm with you a hundred percent, don't get me wrong. It's just the cynic in me speaking. And sadly that voice is correct more often than the positive one, especially when it comes to economics and politics. Realistically this'll be interesting for a week or two, then the public will have moved on, never really having done anything to change things, and the wheel spins on.
It's like sales pitch calls: you just keep trying until you get that 2-3% chance of actually selling.

Enigma will take you where Dogma cannot.
We do not create the path to Ascension, we explore it.**

**That message hasn't.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:52 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Yeah. As much as I would like this to get the 99% off their lazy bums and start dragging the greedy fuckers out of their mansions and onto the streets, I fear this will all be forgotten as soon as Game of Thrones starts up.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 04-04-2016, 07:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Yeah. As much as I would like this to get the 99% off their lazy bums and start dragging the greedy fuckers out of their mansions and onto the streets, I fear this will all be forgotten as soon as Game of Thrones starts up.
Not even that long.

Tags
politics, realspace