Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Old 01-31-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
But not impossible. For example, give Humans musketeers who fire very slowly, but deal high damage, and give dwarves rifleman who fire fast but do less damage, etc.

However, I still feel that while Warcraft in the future should be more advanced than now,the medieval feel shouldn't go. Let Footman still be used, and let the reason be that their armour protects them from gunpowder.
Sounds more like you want an age of empires in a warcraft setting, than a warcraft 4. ;P

Imo, a nice mix of units for a "race" is the best way to go for a proper warcraft game

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 AM

The Sun King

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Sounds more like you want an age of empires in a warcraft setting, than a warcraft 4. ;P
Clearly, you haven't read my idea.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Clearly, you haven't read my idea.
Oh, I did, but I didn't choose to reply to that. Was just a spontaneous reply to Call of Duty 1. :9

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM

Eternal

I would make the twist at be that it was all in a different timeline just so that Warcraft 4 doesn't clash with the mmo in terms of story. It's an easy, convenient and interesting way to do that because it makes some ground for time related fun-ness in the mmo.

Then, nobody gets seriously butt devastated because of their bias for faction related story points because it doesn't technically "Count" but at the same time it'll satisfy those people who are not faction biased by giving a nice story.

Also Pandaren Empire faction, because panda army is awesome. There be pandas now so they might as well be used.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
I would make the twist at be that it was all in a different timeline just so that Warcraft 4 doesn't clash with the mmo in terms of story. It's an easy, convenient and interesting way to do that because it makes some ground for time related fun-ness in the mmo.

Then, nobody gets seriously butt devastated because of their bias for faction related story points because it doesn't technically "Count" but at the same time it'll satisfy those people who are not faction biased by giving a nice story.

Also Pandaren Empire faction, because panda army is awesome. There be pandas now so they might as well be used.
Except the lore tells us that alternate timelines don't exist, there is just one true timeline. All the others can't exist for long.

But who am I kidding, when did Blizz let lore stop them.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Imo, a nice mix of units for a "race" is the best way to go for a proper warcraft game
Actually I want magic to remain an important part of each race. And I also want medieval units to remain.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
Actually I want magic to remain an important part of each race. And I also want medieval units to remain.
I would actually have warcraft use primarily WWII levels of tech, it would make sense given what individual races have but more importantly it would be highly unique. AND ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Magical, multiracial world + WWII = win.

Afaik no one has actually explored this, but I am certainly wrong. What I am not wrong about is the fact that it never got much exposure, and Blizzard with their vast resources and brand recognition could take these themes and make them their own, even if they were not the first to think of them. Just like how good orcs are not a Blizz invention but 95% of the people would think of their orcs as being first.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 PM

Priestess of the Moon

And then 10.5 million players suddenly stopped playing WoW.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
And then 10.5 million players suddenly stopped playing WoW.
I don't think Blizzard would make Warcraft 4 with Cataclysm as an outline.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:17 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I would actually have warcraft use primarily WWII levels of tech, it would make sense given what individual races have but more importantly it would be highly unique. AND ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Magical, multiracial world + WWII = win.

Afaik no one has actually explored this, but I am certainly wrong. What I am not wrong about is the fact that it never got much exposure, and Blizzard with their vast resources and brand recognition could take these themes and make them their own, even if they were not the first to think of them. Just like how good orcs are not a Blizz invention but 95% of the people would think of their orcs as being first.
That might actually be a very interesting concept.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 AM

Archer

@Erthad, Volkrin - I love dwarf armies, cool ideas integrating the three clans into one whole. The Alliance could benefit from Dark Iron tech.

@Yaskaleh - Cool idea foreseeing a loss for the Army of Light in the upcoming battle. How ominous it would be if that happened...

---

Looks like a fun thread. I'll set mine up using the format of official army pages from Battle.net, based on WC3-style armies.

Lemme pull a idea from my crazy vision of Azeroth's future, some 800 years from the present era...

The Forsaken

In the centuries following the third war, the Forsaken have been driven from their Undercity and taken refuge west of Kalimdor, on the abandoned Myst islands. Now known as the Blightmyst Isles, the poisoned land is home to the new Forsaken kingdom of Everblight, a realm of death and decay ruled over by the Banshee Queen Sylvanas.

The Forsaken use advanced engineering, boosted by necromancy, black magic, and twisted alchemy.

Overview

-The Blight - This plague-like substance is the fuel of the Forsaken's dark engineering. Over the centuries the Forsaken have become highly dependent on it - it powers their machinery, strengthens their magic; even the rank and file Forsaken forces feed on it to repair their bodies and maintain their sanity. Forsaken buildings must be raised in close proximity to a source of the Blight in order to function effectively. Without one they construct and function -50% slower than normal.

Blight is produced from the Forsaken's town hall building. Blight Pumps can be raised to further the spread of the Blight. Blight can be produced in other ways as well. Forsaken unit standing in the Blight benefit from increase health and mana regen and movement speed.

-Restless Dead - The presence of the Forsaken causes the dead to lie uneasily in their graves. During the night, the presence of the Blight will cause flying ghosts with a ranged attack called Restless Dead to rise from their graves and gather around Forsaken structures. Restless Dead cannot be controlled but will automatically attack hostile units that come close. Only a certain number of Restless Dead will rise around a building, but that number can be increased as the Forsaken base upgrades.

Strengths
-Greatly strengthened by Blight
-Strong defense during the night
-Cheap and plentiful units

Weaknesses
-Dependent on the Blight
-Fragile units
-Weak defense during the day

Heroes

Lady of Sorrows - Ranged / Agility

Over the centuries, the dark magic animating the form of Sylvanas Windrunner has... evolved. More powerful than ever, Sylvanas has mastered the art of creating all manner of spectral undead. Her most fearsome creation is the Lady of Sorrows. Former in the image of the fallen val'kyr, these winged ghost-women were mighty champions of the mortal races in life. In death, their spirits are twisted and filled with anguished dark magic, turning them into the elite of Sylvanas' court.

Suffering Spirit - Summons an invisible ghost that can fly and move rapidly. The Suffering Spirit can detect invisible units. More Spirits can be summoned as the spell improves.
Blighted Touch - Consumes mana with every attack to infuse the Blight into the enemy, dealing extra damage.
Aura of Sorrow - Increases the duration of beneficial spells on allies and cripples the duration beneficial spells on enemies.
*Dance of Dusk - Channeling this spell causes all units near the Lady of Sorrows to fall asleep. Units will wake up when attacked and cannot be sleeped for several seconds after waking.

Blightmaster - Ranged / Int

The insane minds behind the arcane alchemy of the Forsaken. Their bodies have deteriorated over the centuries, and they have been reduced to preserving what remains of their physical form in great constructs of iron, powered by dark magic, forbidden alchemy, and arcane engineering. The Blightmasters use their magical abilities to support the Forsaken's rank and file, clanking into battle in metal exoskeletons that spew poisonous smog.

Strangle Sludge - Blasts the target with a spray of sticky ooze, immobilizing them. Sludged units cannot move or attack. Any nearby units will be splattered with sludge and suffer from reduced movement and attack speed.
Blight Beasts - Releases a group of Blight Beasts from the Blightmaster's armor. Blight Beasts attack units in melee range and poison them when they are slain. Blight Beasts can only be raised from the Blight.
Corrosive Aura - Enemy units within the Blightmaster's aura suffer from reduced armor. This effect increases the longer a unit remains within range of the aura.
*Decaying Skies Above - The Blightmaster causes Blight to rain down from above, causing him to act as a source of the Blight while active. Drains mana while active.

Lord of Skulls - Melee / Strength

Powerful undead warriors who were once the greatest champion of their people. After their deaths, their physical remains were taken by Sylvanas and their souls recalled to the realm of the living. Twisted and reshaped by dark sorcery, the souls were sculpted, reshaped, and merged together to create a legion of unstoppable warriors with the skills of a dozen different champions, and none of their former memories or nobility.

Screaming Skulls - This channeled ability bombards an area with screaming skulls that explode upon contact, dealing damage in an area of effect and slowing enemies. The higher level the spell, the more skulls are launched.
Curse of Bones - Links a group of targets together. Enemy targets that are linked will all suffer any damage dealt to one. Friendly targets that are linked will have any damage dealt to one split between them.
Devour Pain - While the Lord of Skulls channels this ability, any nearby damage that is dealt will restore his mana.
*Skull Taker - The Lord of Skulls' melee attacks charge the enemy with dark energy. If they die while filled with this energy, they will immediately resurrect as invincible undead versions of themselves for a short time. Passive.

Deathweaver - Melee / Agility

Forsaken warriors trained in the art of sword and sorcery by the legendary general of the Forsaken, Koltira Deathweaver himself. A Deathweaver combines agile swordplay with dark magic to become an unstoppable engine of death on the battlefield, absorbing whatever the enemy can throw at them.

Death Viper - Releases a tendril of dark magic at a target unit. The tendril will leap between friendly and enemy units, damaging enemies and healing allies. The more often it leaps, the more damage it deals and health it restores.
Unholy Armor - Converts a portion of the target's health into an invincible shield of magic. Can only be used on friendly targets. Cannot be cast on self.
Grave Guard - A passive ability that grants the Deathweaver the chance to dodge incoming melee attacks. Dodged attacks cause the Deathweaver to counterattack, dealing an extra physical attack against the enemy.
*Armor of Darkness - The Deathweaver conjures up a giant suit of dark armor that surrounds him like a second skin. This armor increases the Deathweaver's attack power, though it negates the benefit of 'Grave Guard.' All damage done to the Deathweaver will be redirected to the armor instead. The armor absorbs a tremendous amount of punishment before disappearing.

Units

Gravecaller - Worker Unit. A spellcaster that uses his passive Raise Dead ability to summon Zombies to perform tasks, like harvesting resources or building a structure. The longer a Gravecaller remains at a task, the more Zombies he'll raise to perform it and the faster the task will be completed. Forsaken can accomplish a lot with only a few Gravecallers once they've gotten enough Zombies going. Gravecallers can defend themselves with a one-time spell, Animate Dead, which calls a small group of Zombie Warriors that will delay enemy units while the Gravecaller escapes.

Risen - Light Melee Unit. A freshly raised Forsaken warrior that fights with a gruesome gut-hook and a shield of bone and flayed skin. Risen can be given the Will of the Forsaken passive ability to reduce all magic damage taken by 20% and piercing damage taken by 35%. They can also be upgraded with the Rise from the Grave ability that causes them to transform into a Ghastwhen they die, becoming an invincible ghost that strikes enemies with a ranged attack for several seconds before dying.

Darkstriker - Ranged Unit. A Forsaken marksmen with a deadly bonesniper rifle. They can benefit from the Runebone Bullets upgrade that periodically causes their attacks to pierce through the enemy and strike another enemy behind them. The Blight Propelled Ammunition upgrade improves the Darkstriker's range.

Blight Wagon - Support Unit. This unit has no offensive capability but can replenish the health and mana of units near it by using Blight energy. Blight Wagons are built with full Blight energy and can replenish it by parking near a Blight Pump, or another source of the Blight. Wagons can be given the Blight Reservoir upgrade to increase their Blight energy capacity, and can also support units in different ways when given the War Gear upgrade. Blight Wagons can use the Battering Crash ability to become a destructive bomb, rolling forwards in a straight line for a few seconds before violently exploding. Explosions deal siege damage.

Blight Zeppelin - Support Unit. Built from Blight Pumps that have been upgraded into Plague Towers. Blight Zeppelins have no offensive capability, but can use their Drop Blight ability to spread pools of Blight. Blight pools persist during the night but evaporate during the day. Blight Zeppelins are not controlled directly, but are automatically directed by Plague Towers. Zeppelins automatically move as directed, dump their load of Blight, and return to their tower to reload. Zeppelins crash and release all their Blight in an explosive burst when destroyed.

Plague Spreader - Siege Unit. Forsaken wagons that have been outfitted with large tanks filled with Corrosive Ooze. Plague Spreaders pipe this ooze into pressurized hoses and spray it at the enemy. The ooze deals siege damage to buildings and slows small ground units. The Plague Spreader must remain stationary to fire and it takes a short time for the spray to reach full pressure, so a Plague Spreader must halt and fire for some time before it can cause maximum destruction. The upgrade Improved Ooze Pumps reduces the amount of time it takes to reach full pressure.

Dark Apothecary - Offensive Spell-caster. The alchemist-clerics of the Forsaken. They use a combination of black magic and alchemy to neutralize the spell-casters of enemy races. Vile Serum improves the movement and attack speed of friendly units. Catechism removes magical effects from units and damages summoned units. Catalyst allows the Dark Apothecary to summon a slain friendly unit as an undead version of itself for a short time.

Skull Knights - Heavy Melee / Support Spell-caster. Skull Knights are the champions of mortal races who have been raised into undeath to fight for the Forsaken. They wear heavy armor and their exposed bones are wreathed in sickly flames. When their Fearsome Presence ability is active, they attack with powerful melee strikes and gain attack power whenever a unit dies in close proximity, but they cannot cast spells. When their presence is not active, they can cast Army of the Dead to summon Zombie Warriors, and strength friendly units attack power with Unholy Fury. Upgrades can allow them to cast Army of the Dead while Fearsome Presence is active.

Similar to the Dark Templar of Starcraft II, then can have different appearances, including skeletal human and orc.

Armor Abomination / Siege Abomination - Heavy Melee / Siege Unit. Centuries of experimentation have allowed the Forsaken to re-create and improve the Abominations of the Scourge. These towering golems of flesh are encased in suits of armor and given thick shield-gauntlets that make them almost impossible to kill. Their Blightforged Armor passive ability reduces damage from all sources, and nearby units gain added defense when standing nearby due to the Meatshield passive aura. They can be upgraded with Necrotempered Armor to make them immune to magical damage as well.

Armor Abominations can transform into Siege Abominations when using the Siege Gear ability. They will move to the nearest Profane Forge building and after a few seconds will be given large hook gauntlets and chains to replace their armored gloves. They gain siege damage for all their attacks while using Siege Gear, though they lose their Meatshield passive ability. Armor Abominations can also get Siege Gear from Blight Wagons once Blight Wagons have been upgraded with the War Gear ability. Siege Abominations can choose to discard their Siege Gear and go back to doing normal damage, although they will not regain their Meatshield ability.

Blight Bat - Air Unit. Grotesque giant bats that been reanimated with necromancy. They viciously attack other units in air with melee attacks. Blight Bats carry a personal cloud of the Blight with them, and so they always act as if they are within a the Blight. Blight Bats are also useful for rapid scouting.

Blight Bat Plaguebringer - Air Unit. Plaguebringers are Forsaken who take to the skies on the back of a Blight Bat. They wield blightflame spewers they use to rain down poisonous sludge on those below them, dealing low but rapid damage to their target. They can also use the Doom Dive ability to launch themselves off their bat and down onto the ground below, exploding in a fearsome blast. Blight Bats can be given Plaguebringers at the Profane Forge or at Blight Wagons that have the War Gear ability. They cannot attack air units while carrying a Plaguebringer.

Wailing Wraith - Anti-Magic Spell-caster. The writhing spirits of slain female spell-casters, gathered to the banner of the Forsaken and their Banshee Queen. These banshees have become immune to magic and benefit automatically from Spell Immunity. They can debilitate enemies with Wail, which disables their ranged attack but causes them to slow the movement and attack speed of nearby enemies. They can also cast Anti-Magic Curse, which steals beneficial magical spells and effects cast on enemy units while reflecting negative spells cast on friendly units back at the enemy.

Screaming Banshee - Anti-Magic Spell-caster / Air Unit. Wailing Wraiths can permanently transform themselves into Screaming Banshess, gaining the ability to fly. They retain Spell Immunity, but lose their previous abilities and gain new ones. They can cast Possession, which allows them to mind control an enemy unit. Using Possession causes a banshee to become Banished, becoming immune to all damage except magic damage. They must remain nearby the unit they are controlling or it will be freed. Banshees can also cast Haunt, which causes enemy units to miss their attacks.

Grave Barge - Anti-Ground Heavy Air Unit / Siege Unit. An immense zeppelin of Forsaken design, suspended on Blight-filled dirigibles and armored in thick metal. Blight powered engines propel this colossal construct through the sky, obscuring everything around it in a toxic cloud of death. Grave Barges fire Coffin Bombs on ground targets which deal a burst of siege damage and cause Zombie Warriors to spawn. The longer the time between Coffin Bombs, the more Zombie Warriors will be spawned. Grave Barges count as a building, and so they benefit from Restless Dead and will attract ghosts during the night that will attack nearby enemies.

Grave Barges can be upgraded with Blightning Coils that can attack multiple air units with normal ranged attacks, or a Blightcloud Condenser, which causes an area around the Grave Barge to become shrouded in darkness as if it were night.

Buildings

Tier 1 Buildings

Dark Chapel - town hall level 1, trains workers
Altar of Anguish - trains/resurrects heroes
Blighted Graveyard - train basic units (Risen, Darkstriker, Blight Bat)
Blight Pump - provides resources / spreads Blight
Profane Forge - contains unit upgrades

Tier 2 Buildings

-->Black Cathedral - town hall level 2, unlocks basic upgrades (allows Blight Bat Plaguebringers)
-->Blight Cannon - attacks enemy units with ranged weaponry
-->Plague Tower - produces Blight Zeppelins to help spread the Blight
Alchemy Laboratory - sells items for heroes
Church of Shadows - train spell-caster units (Wailing Wraith, Dark Apothecary)
Blightworks - train advanced units (Skull Knight, Plague Spreader, Armor Abomination, Blight Wagon)
Wailing Host - unlocks the Screaming Banshee unit transformation and contains their upgrades.

Tier 3 Buildings

---->Basilica of Blight - town hall level 3, unlocks advanced upgrades, trains Grave Barges
Tomb Quarry - unlocks training of the most powerful units (allows Grave Barge training, Siege Abomination upgrades)

...whew...

Last edited by Golden Yak; 03-15-2013 at 01:55 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 01:10 AM

@Goldenyak:

Liking some of the ideas!

Though, in my oppinion, too much use of Blight in the naming. ;P

And personally I'd avoid adjectives in the names of RTS units, so, like the "Screaming" or "Wailing" of the Banshee and Wraith.

Really should post my old goblin techtree from my old mod and also some of my ideas for a real "warcraft 4" which isn't thaaat far into the future.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Awesome, the thread was bumped.

I'm going to do some stuff for a Human faction.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 AM

Archer

Quote:
@Goldenyak:

Liking some of the ideas!

Though, in my oppinion, too much use of Blight in the naming. ;P

And personally I'd avoid adjectives in the names of RTS units, so, like the "Screaming" or "Wailing" of the Banshee and Wraith.

The Forsaken reeeally like Blight. Though yeah, I may have gone overboard. :p

I wanted to make the spell-caster units distinct from the Scourge units of the same name. On consideration I may make it 'Wailing Banshee' and 'Screaming Banshee', in the vein of the troll headhunter/berserker. Or maybe I should dig up some other names for spirit ladies...

Quote:
Really should post my old goblin techtree from my old mod and also some of my ideas for a real "warcraft 4" which isn't thaaat far into the future.
That'd be cool. I like armies with lots of fantasy-tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Awesome, the thread was bumped.

I'm going to do some stuff for a Human faction.
I used to make tons of these when WC3 launched, so yeah, this thread seemed like a fun thing to do!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:14 AM

Elune

Very nice stuff there Golden Yak, though I'd make the Blight more outwardly offensive as it is in WoW, it is odd that Blight seems to play a supportive role in your vision of the Forsaken while other toxins are mentioned to be the ones used offensively. Perhaps change the Plague Spreader to use Blight itself rather then some random no-name toxin.

Though I certainly like how you made the Blight multipurpose, this is something I feel should be done as well and we have inklings of that in Silverpine questing.

Blight is interesting because it is one of the most organic developments in WoW, having been developed over the span of three expansions by the Forsaken. In many ways it has already become the definitive Forsaken theme, that and given its long and meticulous development it makes sense for this immensely destructive weapon to also have other properties, a true alchemical wonder.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Being in the "custom race creation" field myself, I love this thread and everyone in it. : )

Alright, but seriously, well-written stuff there, GoldenYak. I admit, working on Forsaken myself, this is an interesting set of ideas. I will concur with the rest, though; "Blight" is kinda taking center stage.

You used to mod Wc3? You didn't happen to be on some of the more active forums at the time (Wc3C, THW, etc), did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw
I agree. Would love to see something for the crazy Goblins. : )
Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Had alot of similar ideas to Warcraft 4. For me it would be a century after the Dark Portal opens and most of the present Azerothian Civilizations crumble and fall. New Nations rise(Or Re-Rise).

Like Stormwind collapsing due to internal conflict during our time and eventually splitting into two kingdoms while Stormwind is abandon and ruined while the two Kingdoms are fighting over. Elwynn forest is a battleground.

Stromgarde is retaken and merges with the Gilnean monarchy in a Dual Monarchy type system while the Forsaken still cling on for more than 50-60 years after the present date.

Ect... Each races Campaigns would be divided into different factions like the ones above. Human campaign would be two parts. One being The Shattered realm of Stormwind. The Second Part would be Stromgardes rebirth.

Sort of the taste of my ideas.

My Campaign ideas would have outcome sort of victory. Actions affect the victory outcome. For example: The Dwarven campaign. You play as the new young ruler of Ironforge, Dagran Thaurissan II and your goal is to unite the Dwarven Clans.

But you have choices. If you unite the Dwarven Clans with more Diplomacy and less war. Dagran would come out to be a just and fair ruler of the Dwarven clans and Ironforge.

If you choose to unite the clans through more conquest, Dagran's outcome would more into his Dark Iron side and see that the only way to persevere a Dwarven Nation is through conquest, ruling with an Iron Fist and seeing the other races of Azeroth as lesser beings to the Dwarves and to exert their power over them.

Another neat idea would be for the whole campaign structure would be to have a previous campaign affect the other. Like the Gnomish one. If Dagran went conquering the other Dwarven clans and become a Tyrant. The Gnomes would have a tenser relations with the Dwarves which would lead into conflict with them.

Last edited by Melorandor; 03-13-2013 at 06:58 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 PM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumvirate View Post
You used to mod Wc3? You didn't happen to be on some of the more active forums at the time (Wc3C, THW, etc), did you?
Nah, I never really got into modding - just liked to do write-ups for armies. In terms of actual modding, I only hung out on this one hero-attack map forum, Tides of Blood. Did lots of private texture mods, but never put anything up for download - only showcase.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 PM

The Digger

Okay, so earlier today I had an idea for a slightly more interesting Bronzebeard faction. This is still really barebones, but here's what I've got so far:

Quote:
MECHANICS

Garrison: All Bronzebeard structures have Garrison slots. Units can Garrison inside of a building with sufficient slots, taking up one or more of said slots until they leave. While Garrisoned units steadily regenerate health and are not directly attackable under most circumstances. Most units can still perform some function while garrisoned.

UNITS

Riflemen: Produced at the Bunker. These ranged attackers are the most basic Bronzebeard unit. While possessing no special abilities of their own, Riflemen can fire while Garrisoned without any preparation, and can upgrade to Mountaineers.

Mountaineers: These veteran riflemen are masters of exploration and extreme terrain. Able to scale up and repel down even the sheerest mountain faces, Mountaineers provide an extremely mobile attack and scouting force.
Mortar Team: Produced at the Engineering Bay. These high-damage artillery units have two modes they operate in. While mobile their attack is a powerful, short-range cone attack, but they can also Brace their gun, turning its attack into a long-range barrage. When Garrisoned in a Bunker the Mortar cannot attack normally and takes up two slots. Instead it must Integrate into the structure, giving the building an artillery attack at the cost of the mortar permanently occupying the Garrison slots.

Siege Tank: Produced at the Engineering Bay. The Siege Tank is a powerful but slow vehicle designed for both dealing and taking enormous amounts of damage. It has a cannon emplacement capable of dealing long-range splash damage, and a ram that knocks enemies back in front of it and deals enormous damage to vehicles and buildings. The Tank can Charge, causing it to launch forward a distance into a ramming attack, dealing bonus damage on impact, but doing so damages the tank as well and cannot be done often. The Siege tank has a small number of Garrison slots that allow it to carry units, with riflemen being allowed to fire out of them.

Mechano-Cavalry: Produced at the Engineering Bay. These gnomish daredevils ride into battle astride their trusty mechanostriders, lightly armored machines that straddle the line between mount and vehicle. Though light on weaponry and downright fragile, Mechano-Cavalry riders are capable of activating their mounts’ Overdrive, causing their mounts to move at double speed. The Turbo can be activated or cancelled at any time but as long as it is active the mechanostrider will build up heat, which after a certain threshold will damage the unit and eventually result in the detonation of the strider if allowed to get hot enough.

Flying Machine: Produced at the Hangar. Flying Machines are an all-purposes threat while in the sky, launching missiles at their foes in the sky and dropping bombs on those below. The Flying Machine has a single Garrison slot, from which Riflemen can fire and Engineers can perform their function without having to Integrate. At any time the Garrisoned units can parachute from the Flying Machine, falling to the ground unharmed. The pilot can eject as well, but doing so destroys the Flying Machine. If the Machine is destroyed the Pilot and any Garrisoned unit will escape at half health.

Pilot: Flying Machine Pilots, while skilled operators, are neither trained nor outfitted for heavy combat. While able to deal some moderate ranged damage with their blunderbusses, their total lack of armor means that they are best served returning to the Engineering Bay, where they can be put back in a Flying Machine for half the normal cost.

Airship: Produced at the Hanger. Fortresses in the sky, Airships stand out as the flagships of the Bronzebeard fleet. While slow, these airborne citadels are capable of taking more damage than a siege tank thanks to their enormous health pools and structure-class armor. The basic Airship – already a force to be reckoned with – possesses a slow but potent main battery in addition to a broadside of smaller guns, and two Garrison slots. However, with the use of an Engineer the Airship can be upgraded into a Battleship, a Carrier, or a Bombard. Battleships have two extra rows of cannons, making them all the more potent air combatants. Carriers have four extra Garrison slots, which can be used to contain Flying Machines. Bombards are equipped with a bomb bay that allows them to deal unthinkable damage to anyone unfortunate enough to be caught below.

Engineer: These brilliant builders and tinkers are able to be upgraded from workers once an Engineering Bay has been built. Only Engineers are able to build advanced structures like Tunnels and Hangars. When Garrisoned within a structure or vehicle an Engineer can Integrate into it, increasing its health, armor, and rate at which it is repaired by workers, while also giving it passive health regeneration at the cost of the Engineer permanently occupying the Garrison slot.

STRUCTURES

Hall: The basic Bronzebeard structure. The Hall must be built on a Node, which it works automatically. Only one Hall can exist at any given time, and upgrades automatically when sufficient Mines have been claimed. If the Hall is destroyed a Mine can be upgraded to a Hall at a greatly reduced cost. The Hall produces Workers and Heroes. A Hall has Eight Garrison slots.

Mine: Built on a Node, the mine can be worked by Workers to provide resources. When assigned to a Mine workers stay within it, constantly generating resources without having to leave. A Mine has six Garrison slots.

Bunker: In addition to producing Riflemen the Bunker is a stout defensive structure capable of blocking chokepoints and delaying attacks. A Bunker has six Garrison slots.

Engineering Bay: Engineering Bays are where the mechanical forces of the Bronzebeards are assembled, and are required to build Hangars. An Engineering Bay has four Garrison slots.

Hangar: These roomy structures must be built within a certain range of an Engineering Bay and produce the flying forces of the Bronebeards. A Hangar has four Garrison slots.

Tunnel: Tunnels are the Bronzebeard’s response to cliffs, mountains, or anything else that happens to get in their way. The entryway to a tunnel can be built in the side of any cliff face, with the exit being predetermined at construction’s start and having to come out on an area connected to the initial cliff face. The longer the tunnel is, the longer it will take to build. Building a tunnel requires an Engineer, and doing so consumes the Engineer as they dedicate themselves to their task. Adding multiple Engineers – up to four – will increase the speed at which the Tunnel is built. Once built the Tunnel can be upgraded twice, with options being gates (prevent the enemy from moving through the Tunnel until it has been sufficiently damaged), murder holes (deal constant damage to any enemies moving through the Tunnel), mechanized paths (increase the speed of friendly units moving through the Tunnel), a widened Tunnel (allowing larger units, such as Siege Tanks, to be moved through), side tunnels (allowing the Tunnel’s infantry garrison to attack enemies as they move through without risk), and a detonation mechanism (allowing the Tunnel to be destroyed at will, killing any units inside). Upgrades cost one Engineer each. A Tunnel has six Garrison slots.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Does your Bronzebeard faction factor in the gnomes and their tech or is it exclusively dwarven?
Old 04-13-2013, 01:53 AM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Does your Bronzebeard faction factor in the gnomes and their tech or is it exclusively dwarven?
Pilots, Engineers, and Workers can appear as either race, and the Mechano-Cavalry is exclusively gnomish. I'm toying with including more gnomish elements, like automated turrets perhaps.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Except the lore tells us that alternate timelines don't exist, there is just one true timeline. All the others can't exist for long.

But who am I kidding, when did Blizz let lore stop them.
Maybe an alternate continuity (no point of divergence with original universe. In fact, no connection to it at all, meaning we don't have to wonder what happened to character X), rather than an alternate timeline?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

I'm not one of the people who likes the idea of WoW being retconned out for WC4, but I would be okay with it being declared a separate timeline. Let's face it, it would be very difficult to continue the story from WoW into WC4 because so much dramatic tension has been lost in the interim.

Maybe a separate timeline each for books, comics, WoW, regular WC games...

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-14-2013, 05:20 PM

The Digger

I'm having trouble coming up with a good scouting unit for the Dark Irons. Suggestions?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
I'm having trouble coming up with a good scouting unit for the Dark Irons. Suggestions?
They have those demonic dogs in Blackrock depths, right? Think those could form good scouts.

Tags
fanwank, rts, warcraft, wololo