Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Old 06-08-2017, 04:03 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Right...
??
Did I not explain that clearly or something? I mean knowing that you have the chance to get a skin that's tied to the event in a loot box why not play till the end of the event and then if you don't get what you wanted buy it then
Old 06-08-2017, 06:19 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
??
Did I not explain that clearly or something? I mean knowing that you have the chance to get a skin that's tied to the event in a loot box why not play till the end of the event and then if you don't get what you wanted buy it then
I was agreeing with you. "Right..." as in "Right... what a dumbass" or "Right... who gets upset publicly on a forum because of their own fuckup."
Old 06-08-2017, 06:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I was agreeing with you. "Right..." as in "Right... what a dumbass" or "Right... who gets upset publicly on a forum because of their own fuckup."
Ah gotcha. Ok I digress then lol
With the bonus increase tho Im sure there will be more credits gained due to all the dupes lol
Old 06-08-2017, 06:37 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

I, like most people, have had really bad luck with this event. I can't really complain though since I had really great luck with Uprising which is to say an event full of skins I actually wanted, where as this one out side of the Hanzo, Tracer and Genji has little that interests me. I wouldn't mind buying a couple of the dances though, which really should be in the regular loot pool.

I've got 4k credits currently and with the Horizon Lunar Colony update apparently coming RIGHT on the heels of this event, I'm actually way more excited about the space skins we are going to get (indicated by the Winston on the update). I might pick up the Hanzo but I will absolutely be kicking myself if there ends up being really rad new skins.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I, like most people, have had really bad luck with this event. I can't really complain though since I had really great luck with Uprising which is to say an event full of skins I actually wanted, where as this one out side of the Hanzo, Tracer and Genji has little that interests me. I wouldn't mind buying a couple of the dances though, which really should be in the regular loot pool.

I've got 4k credits currently and with the Horizon Lunar Colony update apparently coming RIGHT on the heels of this event, I'm actually way more excited about the space skins we are going to get (indicated by the Winston on the update). I might pick up the Hanzo but I will absolutely be kicking myself if there ends up being really rad new skins.
Yea Uprising, I didnt get the ones I wanted which were tracer,mccree,and Genji. So I bit the bullet and bought those. This event Im missing Tracer, Mei, Soldier, Pharah, Dva, Lucio and Sym. Out of those Im more interested in Mei Soldier Sym and Lucio. But thats 12k and fuck that shit. The duplicate on Legendary skins should give more depending on the cost of said skin.
I have all 3 arcade loot boxes left and with the bonus to Level gains and then the group bonus there should be no reason for the next few days to not get say 20 lvls
Old 06-08-2017, 07:15 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

When does the event end? I still haven't found the time to play even one game.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:29 AM

Banished

Quote:
Mei Soldier Sym
Literally the 3 I want and still haven't got.

I'd have to check but I think I've got all the other skins bar the above and DVA (and I couldn't care less about that one, it's trash), so I've been reasonably lucky.

If I have to, I'll buy Syms, no others.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:31 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
When does the event end? I still haven't found the time to play even one game.
The Double XP weekend event begins tonight at 5:00 p.m. PDT and runs til the 12th which is the end of the overall event.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:47 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Not to sound like an asshole but why would you buy the skins now? Why wouldn't you wait till the end of the event so that way you would know what you wanted?
Because Blizzard has never done an XP bonus and why keep doing it if I'm getting crap like 1 blue item and the rest gray for like 5 boxes straight?

Quote:
Oh, please. Like people don't do that on every forum.

I fully acknowledge I'm being a brat about this event, but after a year of this nonsense, you'd think they'd have more for an anniversary event than trying to be shameless money grubbers and masquerading an obvious content update as an event.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:53 AM

Banished

In fairness, there ARE legit concerns/complaints about the business model Overwatch is using. I think it's absolutely right Blizzard are getting called on their greed with using both a box-price and then microtransactions that, for many people, feel almost mandatory if you want any of the TIME LIMITED event items.

As for this event itself: I've said before, given how solid the other events have been, this one is such a let-down that it almost feels like that word doesn't quite capture how shit it is:
  • Dance emotes that people have been waiting for? Time limited, oh and the cost for each is so high you won't be able to buy more than a handful.
  • New skins that have absolutely no logical or constant theme to them. Some are decent, some are trash-tier, non are standouts.
  • No real "meat" to the event, no PVE Hordemode or meaningful PVP content (the "new" maps/3v3 mode are pathetic)
  • No new balance updates that have been needed for months. PharMercy is literally shitting over the game and what's happened so far? 76 and McCree get nerfs. Absolutely disgusting.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:56 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Literally the 3 I want and still haven't got.

I'd have to check but I think I've got all the other skins bar the above and DVA (and I couldn't care less about that one, it's trash), so I've been reasonably lucky.

If I have to, I'll buy Syms, no others.
Yea her skin, out of all of them, is amazing. I have the other Hindu style ones and eh they are Ok, but this was so well done. I barely play her but I will most likely buy this one and Lucio if I dont get them by the end.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:16 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Because Blizzard has never done an XP bonus and why keep doing it if I'm getting crap like 1 blue item and the rest gray for like 5 boxes straight?

Oh, please. Like people don't do that on every forum.

I fully acknowledge I'm being a brat about this event, but after a year of this nonsense, you'd think they'd have more for an anniversary event than trying to be shameless money grubbers and masquerading an obvious content update as an event.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I fully agree with you and pretty much everything Hammerbrew says below (except the 3v3 maps, which I'm super glad now exist and quite like). I was just agreeing about you being premature. I'm happy they atleast stepped up to all the negative feedback and put in a double XP weekend. It's not much, it doesn't make up for how awful and what a massive let down this event was. Even more so since it's going to be sandwiched between the whole Lunar Colony release and Uprising, which (Not knowing what to expect from the Lunar Colony event) is going to really make this one feel truly terrible.

Quote:
In fairness, there ARE legit concerns/complaints about the business model Overwatch is using. I think it's absolutely right Blizzard are getting called on their greed with using both a box-price and then microtransactions that, for many people, feel almost mandatory if you want any of the TIME LIMITED event items.

As for this event itself: I've said before, given how solid the other events have been, this one is such a let-down that it almost feels like that word doesn't quite capture how shit it is:
  • Dance emotes that people have been waiting for? Time limited, oh and the cost for each is so high you won't be able to buy more than a handful.
  • New skins that have absolutely no logical or constant theme to them. Some are decent, some are trash-tier, non are standouts.
  • No real "meat" to the event, no PVE Hordemode or meaningful PVP content (the "new" maps/3v3 mode are pathetic)
  • No new balance updates that have been needed for months. PharMercy is literally shitting over the game and what's happened so far? 76 and McCree get nerfs. Absolutely disgusting.
Yeah I've actually been watching the fall out for the last few weeks on the official forums. It's hilarious they have an entire mod team focused on 24 7 shutting down threads on lootboxes as soon as they start.

Quote:
Yea her skin, out of all of them, is amazing. I have the other Hindu style ones and eh they are Ok, but this was so well done. I barely play her but I will most likely buy this one and Lucio if I dont get them by the end.
Agreed. So far I've gotten the Pharah and the Bastion. I disliked the four they previewed yet I've gotten two of em. I've gotten literally all of the Icons but the Pachimari one which is one of the few I would have wanted or used. Winston and Roadhogs Dance. Two stupid card sprays and that is pretty much it.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 06-08-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Old 06-08-2017, 09:13 AM

Arch-Druid

The locked threads are concerning for sure unless there has just been a large abundance and they want them thrown into one.
The issue I have is the same as Hammer, there was nothing to the event besides cosmetics. When you hear "event" you assume something new or different in terms of gameplay not really just 3v3. Now the maps sure are new but again but with events like Uprising, Halloween, etc, they were well done and this was not.
The Double XP should be something done every event to ensure that players have more opportunities to get event only items. The business model with the loot boxes could be adjusted however as far as the actual content with all heroes free,maps, events and all that is great.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Sentinel Queen

Lucio concept art from an Art of Overwatch preview on Kotaku. Looks really cool and I hope they put a similar version of it in game.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Pappa Kap actually said they would think about/would like to get that into the game
Old 06-09-2017, 10:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Extra Exp Weekend and I have to be away in a village for some extended family time.

Also, still havent figured out the game compositions yet. Sometimes I totally dominate players with 40 levels ahead of me, sometimes cant even reach the capture point. Done my placements as well. 5 wins, 5 losses.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedMan View Post
Extra Exp Weekend and I have to be away in a village for some extended family time.

Also, still havent figured out the game compositions yet. Sometimes I totally dominate players with 40 levels ahead of me, sometimes cant even reach the capture point. Done my placements as well. 5 wins, 5 losses.
Your placements mean next to nothing for where you are actually placed. Don't feel bad about your score. As someone who has always placed gold, I have done 5/5 and placed higher than I did this season.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:51 AM

Elune

Don't placement matches hate healers?
Old 06-09-2017, 12:32 PM

Elune

I think the current season doesn't favor them but I've placed gold with Zen so, again, I don't know.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:23 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

This weekend redeemed the event for me, ever so slightly, I still dislike so much about it and it was still a huge massive letdown. Earlier I had the the worst luck, I got 2 skins I disliked, 2 dances I was indifferent to, one quote "so disappointing" and nothing but icons and duplicate icons for the rest of the entire last two plus a bit weeks. Today alone I got 2 skins both which I kinda wanted but didnt want to spend gold on, 3 dances, 1 voice line. Knowing that this boost is going to end with another event swift on it's heels is depressing as fuck. But at the same time I don't have to spend as much gold for next event now and I even feel like I'm getting enough to get the skin I want AND for one I want if theres something cool next event. Every event should be like this but the over all disappointment and not buying 10 lootboxes like I did on some other events really is paying out I feel. If only my fucking internet would let me play effectively. ISPs in Toronto are the worst.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:57 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

So what game modes are your favourites? Personall i love The total mayhem and that random hero each spawn modes.

Anyone else need to warm up before playing comp for instance
Old 06-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Old 06-10-2017, 10:19 PM

Elune

What was it?
Old 06-11-2017, 04:26 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Don't placement matches hate healers?
I had thought they made changes to the way healers were rated now. If not that would explain a lot for my placements
Old 06-11-2017, 06:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:

Welcome to Blizzard.

The sooner you're out, the sooner you'll stop suffering, because things will never change, no matter your good faith.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Tags
blizzard tf2, general thread