Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-13-2020, 12:43 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Oh, so along the lines of the Zidormi thing to swap between old and new versions at max level.

Maybe, though it doesn't seem likely the Covenants themselves would invade, since they'll be our allies by the end of our questing experience, or we wouldn't be able to champion them at the end. If something were to bring their agents through to Azeroth I would imagine it being some of their own local threats (like the Forsworn in Bastion or the Drust we'll be supposedly encountering in part of Ardenweald) crossing over and needing to be re-killed or banished to send them back. Or maybe some renegade Necrolords or Venthyr who split from the rest and try to poach anima from living souls or something.

That said, I feel like keeping us questing exclusively in the Shadowlands may be a priority during this expansion, so I'm not sure how much time we'll really be spending back on Azeroth outside of doing one's Auction House chores and such in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
I dunno, I really liked doing relevant endgame content in old Zones.

You’re right though, it would be less of an invasion process. Maybe more like they start taking a more active role in collecting souls, doing their own reaping (like the Val’kyr or Bwonsamdi) as opposed to just waiting for the Arbiter to send them stuff, and you get to help.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:12 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Alpha starts this week. A blog post revealed some new information about gameplay systems in Shadowlands:

-Initially available to test will be the entirety of Bastion, the Alliance version of the Exile's Reach starting zone (didn't think the zone would have many faction differences based on how they described it at Blizzcon, so very interesting), the dungeon the Necrotic Wake. They plan to add Revendreth and Torghast in late April.

-PVP vendors return. You buy gear with conquest points and can also use conquest to upgrade your gear's stats (similar to Benthic gear in Nazjatar).

-The quest tracking system has been revamped. It now has "3d tracking" that will help show the direction an objective is in without needing to open up the map and provide better context to whether a quest is above or below you in zones with lots of different elevation. You'll be able to place your own custom 3D tracking marks on the map (similar to rare spawn addons).

-Lots of class unpruning, to the point that the main feedback they're interested in is if they've gone too far and if anything should be re-pruned. Some classes will have new resources as well.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Hey, guys, after one week, my desktop is finally fixed, and upgraded as well. I was able to get gnome and goblin customization galleries, as well as I updated blood elf female images since they were bugged when I took the original pictures. Enjoy!

--------ALLIANCE--------

Humans
Dwarves
Night Elves
Gnomes
Draenei
Worgen

--------HORDE--------

Orcs Unavailable Yet
Undead
Tauren
Trolls
Blood elves
Goblins

--------NEUTRAL--------

Pandaren

-------------------------------------

Only orcs remain for all base races to have their first pass! Cool!

Besides the main races, allied race improvements so far:
- Void elf eye color is enabled
- Kul Tiran eye color enabled. Facial hair split into moustache and beard.
- Mechagnome eye color enabled. Skin color and paint job split. New gnome skin colors available for them. New modifications added (ocular implants that once were only enabled under armor)
- Bald option for all!

Things to look forward on second pass:
- Bug fixes
- Scars for more races (seems really simple to implement)
- More textures for some races (like blood elf jewelry color)
- Potentially, human facial hair split into sideburns, beard and moustache
- Some allied race updates (finally!)

Aside from that, signs I found in latest build:
- Lightforged draenei and Highmountain tauren are disabled (they are being worked on!)
- Nightborne, Zandalari, Vulpera and Mag'har have textureless eyes (eye color selection incoming!)
- Nightborne and Lightforged (in previous build) tattoo textures were opaque, but NPCs still had the reflexive look from live. I think this mean we will be able to set their tattoos to be opaque, reflexive or glowing.

This week may be big, with orc customization added and more allied race improvements. We are close to see those void elf skin colors, I bet!

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 07-07-2020 at 05:55 PM..
Old 09-22-2020, 08:10 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

I recently saw a video on how the history of the Crusades is taught in Muslim countries, and it made me wonder how the constant references towards them made by games like WOW are received over there.

Are the Argent, Scarlet And Burning Crusades not called crusades in Arabic/Turkic/etc?
Old 09-23-2020, 08:30 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I recently saw a video on how the history of the Crusades is taught in Muslim countries, and it made me wonder how the constant references towards them made by games like WOW are received over there.

Are the Argent, Scarlet And Burning Crusades not called crusades in Arabic/Turkic/etc?
Is the video on youtube so we can watch it too?

I'm always curious how other cultures see different events.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-23-2020, 10:12 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Is the video on youtube so we can watch it too?

I'm always curious how other cultures see different events.