Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-16-2019, 08:06 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I guess you missed the quest "The War of Northwatch Aggression" in southern Durotar where Alliance forces where making a base in to attack Sen'jin village, Orgrimmar, and The Valley of Trials. If that doesn't merit aggressive response, I don't know what does.
Yeah but it's in response to Garrosh's aggression in Ashenvale and no one seems to acknowledge it, or ANY of Theramoore's part in the fighting except when it's defending itself.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-16-2019, 09:20 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

So war only exists when people acknowledge it?
Old 03-16-2019, 09:29 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I guess you missed the quest "The War of Northwatch Aggression" in southern Durotar where Alliance forces where making a base in to attack Sen'jin village, Orgrimmar, and The Valley of Trials. If that doesn't merit aggressive response, I don't know what does.
Horde forces were on the offensive in literally half the old world at that point, Alliance would be stupid to not try to open a second front behind their lines to stem the tide.

That's like saying the British were aggressors in WW1 because they opened a second front in Gallipoli. Don't pillage your way through Belgium and your allies won't get attacked.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:45 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
So war only exists when people acknowledge it?
I'm saying the story has presented the war very poorly.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-16-2019, 01:52 PM

Chimaera

Doesn't Chronicles Volume 3 basically spells out "Garrosh started the war"? Even retconning away what were initially presented as Twilight's Hammer manipulations?
Old 03-16-2019, 02:17 PM

Hippogryph

But Sen'jin village was full of non-combatants. What was the alliance going to do with the citizens when they took the town? Lar Prowltusk says the alliance will kill everybody in the village. Of course, he would think that.

Thinking about it, the way the writers see the alliance now, they probably wanted to bring puppies and kittens to the village for everyone to pet and cuddle while hugging everyone and protecting them from that mean 'ol Garrosh(which of course, he was).

Last edited by Mungo; 03-16-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Old 03-16-2019, 04:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Doesn't Chronicles Volume 3 basically spells out "Garrosh started the war"? Even retconning away what were initially presented as Twilight's Hammer manipulations?
lel

Just when you think the franchise can't sink any lower...

At least it does not hurt much anymore.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:46 PM

Troubadour

Chronicle 3 was a disaster
Old 03-16-2019, 05:11 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Chronicle 3 was a disaster
Frankly I can't help thinking they basically oversimplified everything in Vol. 3 because they don't want it "spoiling" events that can still be played in-game. So compared to the prior volumes they made its coverage of events - especially WoW-era events - more of a generalized summary, figuring "if you really want to know those parts of the story, play WoW!"

And with Classic WoW coming, even the story of events from that era of WoW will be accessible once again, "justifying" everything from Onyxia, to Blackrock spire, to the Molten Core, to Zul Gurub 1.0, to Ahn'Qiraj and Naxxramas being glossed over in a few paragraphs when really each was a rather large story with tons of respective lore developments worthy of their own entire chapters.

Arguably a lot more huge, complex and specific things have happened in very short periods of time during WoW than the previous games and lore - enough to arguably fill a book with just Vanilla and TBC - yet they truncated a ton of stuff from Vanilla and the first three expansions in order to cram everything up to the end of Cataclysm into one volume.

Consequently, Vol.3 felt extremely rushed and short compared to Volumes 1 & 2, and worse still, extremely stingy with the actual lore. As if they didn't want its lore competing with the preserved story of their own in-game product.

Last edited by ARM3481; 03-16-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 03:19 PM

Troubadour

Many expected explanations of events that happened between Wc3 and WoW weren't even approached in Chronicle 3.

Never forget how a zombie queen joined the ranks of the Horde with a 'former' Burning Legion commander as her number two and nobody even batted an eye.

Were you guys aware of this cinematic?

Have you seen it in-game already?

Last edited by Krainz; 03-19-2019 at 03:24 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 04:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Were you guys aware of this cinematic? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-bEPZ5_tAE

That's new to me.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-19-2019, 05:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Many expected explanations of events that happened between Wc3 and WoW weren't even approached in Chronicle 3.

Never forget how a zombie queen joined the ranks of the Horde with a 'former' Burning Legion commander as her number two and nobody even batted an eye.

Were you guys aware of this cinematic? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-bEPZ5_tAE

I've seen it, it was a placeholder before they changed it to one where Tyrande throws an orc head in the moonwell and powers up into her Night Warrior mode. It didn't make it out of PTR, sadly, but it's a pretty good rallying cinematic.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I've seen it, it was a placeholder before they changed it to one where Tyrande throws an orc head in the moonwell and powers up into her Night Warrior mode. It didn't make it out of PTR, sadly, but it's a pretty good rallying cinematic.
It didn't work very well when there were so many not kaldorei in the picture.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
It didn't work very well when there were so many not kaldorei in the picture.
Yeah, the various scattered Worgen (in their human form) and Night Elf characters/NPC's just standing there clapping was a bit on the cringe side, that's an aspect of the cinematic they could have fixed better for sure.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:17 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

There's a quest for it in WoWhead's database that isn't used. It seems like it was supposed to be the final Darkshore quest but was removed for whatever reason (possibly they felt it would be repetitive coming immediately after the Terror of Darkshore cinematic).

It was also supposed to reward a pet (the Nightwreathed Watcher) the same way the final Horde quest rewards a toy, but the pet now drops from rare spawns instead.

Strangely, a more recent WoWhead comment says they've been able to complete the quest "on two different toons." Maybe it wasn't supposed to be removed and was added back in? I don't have a second alliance character at 120 to check. Did you see this quest on live, Krainz?

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 03-20-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Old 03-20-2019, 07:02 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There's a quest for it in WoWhead's database that isn't used. It seems like it was supposed to be the final Darkshore quest but was removed for whatever reason (possibly they felt it would be repetitive coming immediately after the Terror of Darkshore cinematic).

It was also supposed to reward a pet (the Nightwreathed Watcher) the same way the final Horde quest rewards a toy, but the pet now drops from rare spawns instead.

Strangely, a more recent WoWhead comment says they've been able to complete the quest "on two different toons." Maybe it wasn't supposed to be removed and was added back in? I don't have a second alliance character at 120 to check. Did you see this quest on live, Krainz?
No, I don't. But I only did the questline once.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
No, I don't. But I only did the questline once.
Curious and curious-er. Maybe the comment has the quest mixed up the final version on live servers and posted on the wrong quest's page?

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 03-20-2019 at 08:01 PM..
Old 03-23-2019, 06:36 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Anyone else find it odd that Bwonsamdi's blood moon moved to the south from the north during the raid.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:51 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Anyone else find it odd that Bwonsamdi's blood moon moved to the south from the north during the raid.
It's just another case of Blizz not knowing that the Blood Moon was G'huuns

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-24-2019, 01:52 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
It's just another case of Blizz not knowing that the Blood Moon was G'huuns
That doesn't really answer Sonne's question, though.

Also, I don't believe it has ever outright been stated that the blood moon is related to the blood troll assault on the Necropolis. Judging by the lack of blood moons at any other locations they are assaulting, it seems more likely that it is in fact tied to Bwonsamdi despite its name containing the word blood. The Zandalari might not even call a lunar eclipse a blood moon.

I know that blood moons have been associated with blood magic before in World of Warcraft. Namely in Tanaan and patch 4.1's wallpaper, but orc and troll religions are not synonymous and the latter can barely be considered canon.

Tying the blood moon to Bwon may not have been the brightest idea, despite its coolness, but I don't think that we can say with absolute certainty that the devs who added it to the raid were wrong.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft