Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Legion dungeon so far?
Black Rook Hold 0 0%
Court of Stars 2 10.53%
Darkheart Thicket 0 0%
Eye of Azshara 2 10.53%
Halls of Valor 0 0%
Maw of Souls 7 36.84%
Neltharion's Lair 2 10.53%
The Arcway 1 5.26%
Vault of the Wardens 5 26.32%
Violet Hold 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2016, 06:21 PM

Elune

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball Legion Dungeon Ratings

Just because I wrote this for the Legion thread, but realised I was curious to see everybody's favourites.

1- Vault of the Wardens - Good voice acting, decent length, not too short, not too long. Bosses each have distinct and unique mechanics. Fair amount of trash, without being bogged down in it (Halls of Valour). Links nicely into the story (Demon Hunters, showdown with Cordana). It does the 'prison for magical threats' better than Violet Hold (it's not one room).

2 - Maw of Souls - Aesthetically, it's very impressive. I feel like it's a bit short, that the trash is unimaginative and the bosses themselves are pretty easy, but it always retains that "awesome" factor.

3 - The Arcway - I'm fond of this because it feels the most like a class dungeon crawl, but I also dislike it for that reason. Ironically, despite its length I feel like it has the fairest amount of trash distribution of all the Legion dungeons other than Vault of the Wardens. The bosses have unique and often challenging mechanics.

4 - Eye of Azshara - 'Outdoor Dungeons' are something I don't ever remember really seeing before? Unless you count Zul'Gurub/Zul'Aman anyway. I'm in two minds about this one, because whilst I love the storm mechanic it just gets incredibly frustrating after several runs.

5 - Court of Stars - I've always loved the idea of urban zones and so taking advantage of that to slip us into a dungeon is great. I think it's clear they tried a few novel things here, such as having to stop alarms, being able to make a boss slightly easier if you have an alchemist, the Dreadlord detection at the end. It loses points because A) Too much trash. B) Only the last boss is actually interesting to fight. C) Like the rest of Suramar City, 'stealth immersion' is non-existent.

6 - Neltharion's Lair - It's not good, it's not bad. The bosses are nothing special, aesthetically it's... the same 'earthern core of Azeroth' we've been seeing since Cataclysm. It's just very forgettable but does nothing offensive either. I actually forget this dungeon exists a lot of the time until the World Quests appear.

7 - Halls of Valor - I didn't know where to put this one. Aesthetically it's gorgeous. Mechanically the bosses are okay (not great, but not bad) and I always liked the Trial of the Crusader-esq spin on dungeons where you're not going into the villain's home to smash his shit so much as training or proving something to a neutral party. But it commits Legion's cardinal sin of TOO. MUCH. FUCKING. TRASH. As a result, it feels like it takes forever.

8 - Blackrook Hold - Neltharion's Lair with slightly more interesting boss mechanics, ruined by having too much trash. Lacking the unique aesthetic of Halls of Valour it falls behind.

9 - Darkheart Thicket - I was bored of corrupted Night Elf lands and druids in Vanilla, so you can imagine how 'meh' I was about this. There's too much trash compacted too close together and the bosses don't really do anything special.

10 - Violet Hold - They took WoW's most boring dungeon ever and copy/pasted it, changed the look of the mobs and called it finished. Yeah no.

Last edited by Drusus; 11-06-2016 at 06:25 PM..
Old 11-12-2016, 01:04 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

for game play reasons I really like darkheart and maw

for everything else I like court of stars and halls of valor, blackrook is nice too

but blackrook and HoV has way too much trash
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg
Old 11-12-2016, 01:53 PM

Eternal

I don't have a listing of all dungeons but I do have those I really like, those I like less, ad those I don't really care for.

I really love Halls of Valor because vikings, Court of Stars because of Suramar, and Vault of the Wardens for the nice gameplay.

Darkheart Thicket, Neltharion's Lair, Black Rook Hold and Maw of Souls (vikings!) are all pretty decent to me. Like them good.

I agree with the general sentiment that Violet Hold is boring, but I at least like the tidbits of lore we get from it, and the variety of bosses.

Eye of Azshara is... I don't know. I can't state exactly what it is I don't like, but often I'd rather not do it.

I've yet to run the Arcway (why is it never on the group finder??) and Karazhan.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:26 PM

Glaive Thrower

vault is top by far

karazhan, maw, arcway are ok

darkheart, halls of valor, eye of azshara and violet hold made me sick the first time already and it only got worse since. literally not an enjoyable element to them. make me wanna log out mid instance and not come back for at least a week
Old 11-16-2016, 02:29 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
the Arcway (why is it never on the group finder??)
Because it's longer than all the other dungeons.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:01 PM

Elune

I'm curious. Are people voting Maw of Souls because they actually like it as a dungeon or because it's the shortest?
Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Because it's longer than all the other dungeons.
Court of Stars feels so much longer to me.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:13 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I'm curious. Are people voting Maw of Souls because they actually like it as a dungeon or because it's the shortest?
Both.

The Helarjar are probably my favourite Legion faction.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
Court of Stars feels so much longer to me.
I thought this as well. CoS just has so much fucking trash you have to clear out, patrols to dodge, there's the mini-boss Dreadlord before you actually reach the final boss too and the investigation that requires.

The Arcway is mostly just a standard dungeon run, but because it has a lot more bosses and a largely samey environment it gives the impression of being longer.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:44 PM

Eternal

Arcway is my favorite environment of all the Legion dungeons, even Vault.

Are the heroic Arcway, CoS, and Kara coming in 7.1.5 or 7.2?
Old 11-16-2016, 03:47 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Old 11-23-2016, 02:41 AM

Arch-Druid

idk why you guys take so long in CoS, do you not do the class/proff stuff before the second boss

it generally takes me like the same time as darkheart or eye
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

Old 11-23-2016, 03:42 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Being a blacksmith or engineer instant kills one of the council members, so lol.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-23-2016, 02:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Being a blacksmith or engineer instant kills one of the council members, so lol.
you can get buffs too, I've seen + damage and - damage taken from DH and pally

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion