Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
It'd be really hard to make an entire expansion out of Argus. Expansions need new races to interact with (and possibly, but not necessarily play) and new factions to gain rep with, which Argus couldn't really provide since everything on the world would be hostile except for the forces from Azeroth we'll be bringing with us. There'd also be no enemies at all except for demons, which is an issue Blizz is specifically trying to avoid after WoD had too much orcs.

And if there were other reps to gain and non-demon enemies to fight, it'd make the Legion look ridiculous for not having wiped them out on their home turf.
we dont know much about the entire planet aside from a few areas. Sure it is legion controlled but the Army of the light is there (so there we have a faction) , it is a Whole new world.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:50 PM

Sentinel Queen

You are right, Gurzog.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:55 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Aside from that, Noone expected Draenor after MoP, few expected Broken isles after Draenor. Most of you guys expected that we would enter the DP and see the whole world taken over by azshara or some crazy shit, without acknowledging the fact what happens in this one Carries into the next one. Or for that matter that WE HAD CONTACT with azeroth the Entire Time. Should something happen that was more important than Draenor we WOULD KNOW IN AN INSTANT.

Now granted Legion invasion was that stuff.

As for Azshara, It is better that she has a more behind the scenes stuff going on for her, (speaking of behind the scenes stuff i am sad the stuff about Gallywix trying to get Steamwheedles into the horde was noncanon)
Old 09-04-2016, 06:00 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

...so Vanessa Van Cleef specialty is poisons... but she is considered Outlaw in the missions.

Yes, I get it, she comes from a pirate background, her father could be considered a pirate... Deadmines is a pirates dungeon... it just triggers me so much for no reason.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
What third faction were you talking about?
Illidari, it was pretty clear they were being set up Black temple would have been their org with broken/blood elfs/naga + probably some demon race or some shit

I wrote about it in more detail before If i can dig up that post I'll give you a link
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg
Old 09-04-2016, 08:48 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

Jesus christ, no Illidari 3rd faction. If this Illidan-senpai horsecrap goes on for more than it has to I quit.

I still have hope Illidan and his otaku club won't be as relevant as it seems. I mean we're past that, but maybe it won't be that terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nazgrim
Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...
Old 09-04-2016, 09:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
Illidari, it was pretty clear they were being set up Black temple would have been their org with broken/blood elfs/naga + probably some demon race or some shit

I wrote about it in more detail before If i can dig up that post I'll give you a link
Illidari are this expansion's 'Ebon Blade' basically.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:36 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
...so Vanessa Van Cleef specialty is poisons... but she is considered Outlaw in the missions.

Yes, I get it, she comes from a pirate background, her father could be considered a pirate... Deadmines is a pirates dungeon... it just triggers me so much for no reason.
Zabra Hexx is a shadow priest despite being the only known troll convert to the Holy Light.

I'd have settled for him being a discipline priest since he could merge his Voodoo with the Holy Light, but he's full on shadow.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromash View Post
Jesus christ, no Illidari 3rd faction. If this Illidan-senpai horsecrap goes on for more than it has to I quit.

I still have hope Illidan and his otaku club won't be as relevant as it seems. I mean we're past that, but maybe it won't be that terrible.
they obviously gave up on it before BC even started serious production, you would have understood that if you had even an elementary level of reading comprehension, when the original devs got canned durning MC and shit leading to the whole thing with the legendary neck and all that

but I don't want a third faction, I want no factions, but it was clear that at some point during BCs development adding a third faction was planned
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

Old 09-05-2016, 02:06 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
they obviously gave up on it before BC even started serious production, you would have understood that if you had even an elementary level of reading comprehension, when the original devs got canned durning MC and shit leading to the whole thing with the legendary neck and all that

but I don't want a third faction, I want no factions, but it was clear that at some point during BCs development adding a third faction was planned
That's a lot of talking out of your ass there.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:09 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Poor Ravenbears. They were only trying to appease the dragons.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:37 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Yeah he does that pretty often.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
ofc there was no capital, no clearly seeded faction tabards, or banners, or crest, or starter zones, or faction specific class seeded definitely not seeding Shivarra priest with special fel tinted racials or anything

definitely not a quickly retooled plot that makes nearly 0 sense culminating in a "Villian" having almost 0 impact over the questing experience and one of the player races and 3 of the heros of wc3 turning evil for literally 0 reason besides "lul lets kill Illidan"

the idea was probably smothered in the crib, but it was clearly there. Kinda like how you can see the seeding of the garrison in mop or world quest in 6.2 or how timewalking was being worked on since mop

and we know they shake up the finished project late into the cycle (and still do as they talked about with legion scaling tech coming in at the end)

it's not that hard to connect dots

Old 09-05-2016, 07:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
ofc there was no capital, no clearly seeded faction tabards, or banners, or crest, or starter zones, or faction specific class seeded definitely not seeding Shivarra priest with special fel tinted racials or anything
So do the Scourge.

Quote:
definitely not a quickly retooled plot that makes nearly 0 sense culminating in a "Villian" having almost 0 impact over the questing experience and one of the player races and 3 of the heros of wc3 turning evil for literally 0 reason besides "lul lets kill Illidan"
WC3 characters turned evil for no reason all the time. Illidan wasn't an exception to that. Also the guy went off the deep end so many times even in WC3 - the guy was only in Outland because he fucked up and ran away to hide from Kil'Jaden after all - that him being a villain was pretty consistent, if poorly built up.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:04 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

Quote:
you would have understood that if you had even an elementary level of reading comprehension
Can you be less of an asshole?

I usually just ignore your posts (for obvious reasons) but lord almighty you're not just annoying, you're obnoxious. And for an american you could write better than a 12 yo - at least better than me, a 19 yo Brazillian with no international experience and no reading comprehension skills apparently. Get off your high horse, jackass.

Blocked, can't believe I haven't done this already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nazgrim
Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...
Old 09-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:

This is a pathetic level of wannabe Guzog... You might wanna go get your priorities straight.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:15 PM

Arch-Druid

Illidan.....Unhappy Anchovy said on another site that Illidan had the potential to be a hero. His narcissism and insanity kept getting in the way. I think that if Illidan faces those parts he COULD be a hero. Kerrigan was similar in that if she faced her inner demons and her desire for revenge she was genuinely heroic (as seen in the korhal attack and legacy).
Old 09-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:

the idea was probably smothered in the crib, but it was clearly there. Kinda like how you can see the seeding of the garrison in mop or world quest in 6.2 or how timewalking was being worked on since mop

and we know they shake up the finished project late into the cycle (and still do as they talked about with legion scaling tech coming in at the end)

I'm going to let you into a little secret.

Several people on this forum know/knew people within Blizzard and know more than you.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:21 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I'm going to let you into a little secret.

Several people on this forum know/knew people within Blizzard and know more than you.
I may or may not know some contacts at Blizzard in a biblical sense.

Pillars of salt, bitches!
Old 09-05-2016, 03:06 PM

Elune

Please don't quote shitposters. It renders my Ignore function useless.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Eternal

At least when I shitpost, I'm not a dick about it. My shitposts are cheeky and fun. His shitposts are just cruel and tragic.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:16 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:

If I wanted to, I could probably say the same about the wardens being a hero class/watcher faction, being smothered by DH's Release to keep WoW afloat after WoD.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 09-09-2016, 11:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
If I wanted to, I could probably say the same about the wardens being a hero class/watcher faction, being smothered by DH's Release to keep WoW afloat after WoD.
Now I want a single player RPG where you play as a Warden.

Tags
garrisons never change, leg expansion, world of warcraft, wow legion