Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-17-2016, 09:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Alliance Flag The Fate of the Alliance (Legion Spoilers)

In the future, based on what we see from the Anduin comic, Anduin is both an old man and alive. He's working with Velen preparing for a huge battle. That's two Alliance leaders confirmed to live for decades. What about the rest of the Alliance? Who is likely to lead in the end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:03 AM

Warden

If they don't die to any of their nemesis, Tyrande and Malfurion should be alive.

The dwarves too if they make their long lifespan canon. That or Dagran.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:22 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm hoping for Dagran Fireborn of house Thaurissan, First of his name, Emperor of Khaz'Modan, King of the Bronzebeards, Dark Irons and Wildhammers, Uniter of Clans, Liberator of Shadowforge, Purifier of Grim Batol, High King of the Alliance, Warcheif of the Horde, Aspect of Nature, Magic, Life, Earth and Time. Elemental lord of Fire, Water, Air and Earth, World Shaman, Archamge of the Kirin Tor, Archdruid of the Cenarion Circle, Pope of the unified church Light and Shadow, Leader of the Uncrowned, Paladin of the Silverhand and all round stand up guy
Old 08-17-2016, 10:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
If they don't die to any of their nemesis, Tyrande and Malfurion should be alive.

The dwarves too if they make their long lifespan canon. That or Dagran.
Not to derail the thread or anything, but wasn't longish Dwarven lifespans confirmed as canon after the Arthas novel? Muradin is said to be over 300 years old.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:24 AM

Elune

We are going to be frozen at the end of Legion, having driven them from Azeroth. Then fifty years in the future we will be brought back because Azshara is attacking. Then will go to Argus or where ever with Oldmanduin to fight the Legion.

The Horde and Alliance will disband in this time forming the Army of the Light.

Basically Cata 2.0 but in the future.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:18 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
We are going to be frozen at the end of Legion, having driven them from Azeroth. Then fifty years in the future we will be brought back because Azshara is attacking. Then will go to Argus or where ever with Oldmanduin to fight the Legion.

You know, if that featured a completely remade Azeroth and all that, I wouldn't even mind (though fifty years are bit too much).
Old 08-17-2016, 08:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post

Holy fuck. I had never thought of that before. I could totally see Blizzard cryogenically (magic, whatever) freezing our characters and then fast-forwarding a few decades.

HOLY FUCK
Old 08-17-2016, 11:00 PM

Sentinel Queen

Stormwind - Anduin Wrynn

Dwarves - Dagran Thaurissan II with a Wildhammer spouse OR Council of Three Hammers with Dagram representing the dark irons along with the descendants of Muradin and Falstad.

Gnomes - Newly elected High Tinker

Night elves - Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage

Draenei - Velen and hopefully an exarch council

Gilneas - Tess Greymane

Silver Covenant - Veressa Windrunner
Old 08-17-2016, 11:10 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Stormwind - Anduin Wrynn

Dwarves - Dagran Thaurissan II with a Wildhammer spouse OR Council of Three Hammers with Dagram representing the dark irons along with the descendants of Muradin and Falstad.

Gnomes - Mimiron himself

Gilneas - Tess Greymane

Silver Covenant - Exterminated by Sylvanas
Fixed
Old 08-18-2016, 03:09 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Holy fuck. I had never thought of that before. I could totally see Blizzard cryogenically (magic, whatever) freezing our characters and then fast-forwarding a few decades.

HOLY FUCK
It's not even necessary to freeze us.
They can go with "time goes different in the Nether" all the way and, say, have us trapped on Argus with Turalyon and his merry men, sitting ducks (Tur seems to be rather proficient at that) until Anduin and Velen come after us, light torpedoes ablazing.
There are many ways to do this, really.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:

HOLY FUCK
I think FF14 did something similar between its failure launch and subsequent relaunch. When Bahamut reshaped the world at the end of 1.0, this wizard character teleported all the players away so they wouldn't die, and it turned out in A Realm Reborn that the "away" was several years into the future.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Stormwind - Anduin Wrynn

Gnomes - Newly elected High Tinker

Gilneas - Tess Greymane

Silver Covenant - Veressa Windrunner
Meh.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:50 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Meh.
How do you think the Alliance leadership would look 40-50 years after Legion then?
Old 08-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Banished

Quote:
How do you think the Alliance leadership would look 40-50 years after Legion then?
Gelbin and Jaina, older. Genn dead. The rest, literally the same.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I think Jaina would be dead too. She's around Varian's age, and I think Anduin will be as old as Genn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Considering all nations still exist by then:

Stormwind - King Anduin Wynn, very wise and very old;

Dwarves - led by Dagran II, possibly as a sole King, but probably with a council beneath him as a reminder of the council we have now;

Gnomes - another elected king, with Gnomeregan under full control;

Night Elves - I don't know how long Malfurion and Tyrande have to live yet, but I think even without Nordrassil they have a long lifespan, so they'll probably still be leading the elves, unless they are killed;

Draenei - 50 years is absolutely nothing to Velen :p

Worgen - Genn Greymane dead, Tess probably also passed away, so probably a child of hers;

Pandaren - we have no idea how long a Pandaren lifespan is, but I imagine in 50 years there will be a different Tushui Grand Master than Aysa;

High Elves - Vereesa Windrunner, or if she's dead, one of her children;

Stromgarde - hopefully reclaimed, although with a different dynasty, probably, although it could also be colonized by the Wildhammer;

Dalaran - very hard to say, although the Council of Six will still be leading; I doubt they'll fully return neutral though, and as now they'll probably remain a Horde-tolerant Alliance nation;

Of course, there might not even be an Alliance in 50 years; maybe the current nations of the Horde and the Alliance will be in one great Army of Light or something.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:54 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I think Jaina would be dead too. She's around Varian's age, and I think Anduin will be as old as Genn.
She'll pull an aegwynn
Old 08-18-2016, 06:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
That's up to Blizzard to decide, your list is most likely but quite frankly I think the Alliance deserve a faction leader that's actually interesting.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:21 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

just realized killing voljin has less impact than killing greymane. lolz.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 PM

Elune

Dagran II Thaurissan.... god, I really hope I don't have to see this little monstrosity rule Ironforge....

The spawn of Thaurissan's line ruling over Ironforge and all of Khaz Modan is just so fucking wrong.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:01 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
I'm hoping for Dagran Fireborn of house Thaurissan, First of his name, Emperor of Khaz'Modan, King of the Bronzebeards, Dark Irons and Wildhammers, Uniter of Clans, Liberator of Shadowforge, Purifier of Grim Batol, High King of the Alliance, Warcheif of the Horde, Aspect of Nature, Magic, Life, Earth and Time. Elemental lord of Fire, Water, Air and Earth, World Shaman, Archamge of the Kirin Tor, Archdruid of the Cenarion Circle, Pope of the unified church Light and Shadow, Leader of the Uncrowned, Paladin of the Silverhand and all round stand up guy
So, Med'an then?
Old 08-22-2016, 05:04 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Stormwind will be led by Anduin Wrynn unless something drastic happens in the mean time that Blizzard would deem to write in. Not holding my breath that Anduin is going to live for the next few decades.

The Dwarves will always have council. Dagran Thaurissan the younger will likely led dual Shadowforge and Ironforge. I assume his consort will be an Ironforge or Dark Iron Dwarf. Because of that. There will be an independent representative from Ironforge or Shadowforge. Or both. Including of course one from the Wildhammer.

The Wildhammer in turn, go the way of the Gilneans and Night Elves. They adopt a more apt "Big Stick" due to their close proximity to the Forsaken. Wildhammer society becomes akin to Wild God and Fey lore. This in turn causes them to grow a stronger relation to the Kaldorei.

Tyrande and Malfurion lived this long. They will live another millennia...I take it. My theory is, Malfurion and Tyrandes time will come, and the leadership of the Night Elves will fall upon a ducal leadership of The Sentinels, Watchers (Wardens), Druids and Highborne. The Kaldorei will have a Psuedo Military and Police State society with emphasis on higher learning. Namely due to the Horde being one door over. Although, that is my fan wank.

-In short. The Night Elves revert to their old ways and become Autocratic. Their foreign diplomacy heavily revolves around Gilneas and the Dwarves

Gnomes will either continue with their..Uh...Techocratic Democracy or will fall back in line of having High Tinkers rule over their people. I'm going with the latter. The High Tinker monarchy will be restored due to the radical changes to Gnomish society in the last decade. The torch will pass from Mekkatorque, via some sort hierachy. Either the next High Tinker will be chosen or the somehow traditional human way.

However the Legion expansion ends and the fate of the Legion itself. It is going to heavily impact the Draenei, their culture and society. I see flocks of former Man'ari go back to their Draenei brethren, coupled with the total and complete destruction of Argus; The Draenei will set up permanent civilization on AU Draenor and Azeroth. The Draenei will probably see a shift in leadership as well.

Unlike Stormwind. Gilneas will go through some radicalized solidarity after Legion. That or, if Tess marries Anduin (Which I think is highly unlikely) then, Gilneas will be in dual personal union state. My prediction is. Gilneas will remain a monarchy - Kingdom but policies, social status and cultural norms would have been affected by: The Cataclysm | The Worgen Curse | Coming out of Isolation and the big one The Forsaken Invasion. Gilneas' future will be that similar to their Kaldorei allies. Except, they will be on the Aggressive and offensive side. Perhaps locked in a tense nearly hot war with The Forsaken.

-In short. Gilnean diplomacy will be a more grandoise version of The Big Stick diplomacy.

-I sort of envision a bit more soften DMZ North Korea/South Korea thing going on with Gilneas and the Forsaken.

Dalaran and The Kirin Tor will be led by the current council. With some shifts in membership. Prediction but tl;dr : Jaina does some crazy shit that not only jeopardizes the Alliances safety. But the safety of all of Azeroth. Jaina will be deemed unfit and dangerous to walk Azeroth and will be imprisoned the rest of her life, deep in the bowels of Tol Barad.

-Because of this, The Proudmoore dynasty will die off and their Legacy will only remain in stories to Kul'Tiras, Mages of all paths and the Alliance.

The Quel'dorei/High Elves due to their small population are over time absorbed back in to the greater Kaldorei Race due to the Highborne return.

Stromgarde experiences an "Undead revival" for a short period of time. It is soon later reclaimed by Danath and focuses on rebuilding. The Thoradin Wall remains intact and becomes operational once more. Stromgarde revels in Strong Diplomatic ties with Gilneas and the Dwarves. Mainly the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer.

The Pandaren will continue to play more subtle but pivotal roles in the Alliance. Although, The Huojin Ideology grants a sweep over many of the Alliance nations. While the Tushui ideology will reincarnate into the Horde more, where the Horde will adapt their ideals with the Tushui.

The ideals of Alliance traditionalism, culture, nobility and honor will in turn collide and mesh with the Huojin ideals of being proactive to preserve the core Alliance ideals.

Last edited by Melorandor; 08-22-2016 at 05:33 PM..
Old 08-22-2016, 08:20 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:

HOLY FUCK
Old 08-24-2016, 12:49 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
The Draenei will set up permanent civilization on AU Draenor and Azeroth. The Draenei will probably see a shift in leadership as well.
Just to clarify; the Draenei have already setup permanent settlement on Azeroth. It's made clear during the starting zones (especially Bloodmyst) that they're here for good as a whole, even if some of them will leave to fight the Legion/help people on Outland etc.

I forget the quest name but one of the Leaders of Blood Watch specifically tells you that you've secured the isles for their future and then Velen follows up with "Thousands will make their homes here and never leave these isles, but I sense you have a greater future than that." or something close to that.

Obviously we've seen little bits of Lore here and there* that seem to suggest a few things but non of them imply the Draenei as a whole are going anywhere.

*Like some Draenei going back to Outland to rebuild their society there, which always struck me as a little insane given the state of Outland. Given Outland, as of WoD, is meant to be getting more and more unstable, I don't see anyone staying there in the long run, Draenei or otherwise, a viable option.

*We see in Wolfheart that many Alliance leaders actually thought, after TBC's events, the Draenei would all leave, but Velen makes it clear that, while some have returned to Outland, the majority will stay on Azeroth and, as long as the Alliance has need of them, will remain commited to their cause.

The only possible issue is what Velen says in Legion about "Repair the Exodar, we're going home." - that feels a little jarring as many Draenei, as the NPCs themselves tell you, don't even remember Argus or were born long after they fled there. Velen is in the minority who would truly call Argus home. But we'll have to see how this progresses over time because Velen might well just mean "We're taking the Exodar to fight the Legion, but the rest of our society that's settled here will of course remain." - I find the idea that Velen, in a split second decision, is just going to uproot his entire people from a planet where, finally, they ARE [relatively] safe and can prosper a little ludicrous.

Last edited by Hammerbrew; 08-24-2016 at 12:57 AM..
Old 08-24-2016, 01:22 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Ah - I mean. I thought we were talking about shit 40-50 years in the future. I sort meant it like, they would have their own decent sized cities and towns. I foresee them really mainly settling on AU Draenor and helping rebuild along with the other inhabitants. Mainly, I like this option because it would still keep the World space of Draenor still relevant after WoD. Ya, WoD was pretty bad, but Draenor did have some nice questlines and really beautiful zones.

Also, Outland is totally FUBAR. Plus, I don't think we are going to liberate Argus. I believe we will destroy the entire Planet this expansion or another Legion based Expack.

Tags
alliance, wow legion