Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-23-2017, 03:05 PM

Glaive Thrower

Angry Tomb of Sargeras trailer: the takeaways

So, what new information can be mashed out of the trailer? Who are the people with Khadgar and Velen on Krasus' Landing, and why are they the sort of council who are being addressed by Khadgar there? (as I recognized Kor'vas Bloodthorn it would be evident that they are not representing the players... are they class hall champions?)

What do you think, will the Argus raid/patch only feature planet Argus as a background, taking the fight to Kil'Jaeden's "star destroyer" rather than the surface palace?

What do you think of the Sargeras holocom? I guess we already knew that the Legion is relying on some sort of hyperspace communication ritual or device or they couldn't directly take orders from Sarg, but it did clear the speculation off the table about Sarg missing from the chain of command altogether since being banished from Medivh (chronicle vol2 helped too, but thats just a week old release so yeah)

What are your thoughts?
Old 03-23-2017, 03:26 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxar View Post
So, what new information can be mashed out of the trailer? Who are the people with Khadgar and Velen on Krasus' Landing, and why are they the sort of council who are being addressed by Khadgar there? (as I recognized Kor'vas Bloodthorn it would be evident that they are not representing the players... are they class hall champions?)
Pretty much. I spotted Lord Ravenholdt.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 03-23-2017, 04:58 PM

Sentinel Queen

Imo Jaina not being featured on 7.2 ( and not in 7.3 if we go on argus) we are going toward a 7.4 probably featuring Kul'tiras , which in turn would link this expansion with Azshara / Nzoth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
Imo Jaina not being featured on 7.2 ( and not in 7.3 if we go on argus) we are going toward a 7.4 probably featuring Kul'tiras , which in turn would link this expansion with Azshara / Nzoth.
... help me understand why we'd need a Kul'Tiras patch prior to the next expansion.

I don't buy into the notion that the final patch of an expansion MUST provide an avenue to the next expansion.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
... help me understand why we'd need a Kul'Tiras patch prior to the next expansion.

I don't buy into the notion that the final patch of an expansion MUST provide an avenue to the next expansion.
Having something lead into the next expansion is just good storytelling rather than sudden 'oh random thing popped up zomg!' as we suddenly head somewhere the day the expansion releases with no prior buildup.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Having something lead into the next expansion is just good storytelling rather than sudden 'oh random thing popped up zomg!' as we suddenly head somewhere the day the expansion releases with no prior buildup.
A pre-expansion event that seeds something taking place in Kul Tiras as an expansion lead-up makes sense. Pre-expansion events have been a thing for awhile and they're a good model for storytelling, as you said.

Engal seems to be arguing we need Kul Tiras as a location patched into the game in 7.4, a la Timeless Isle. I think that's WAY over the top for a pre-expansion event.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:28 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
I mean, unless the crazy "Jaina was replaced by a Dreadlord" theory turns out to be correct.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I mean, unless the crazy "Jaina was replaced by a Dreadlord" theory turns out to be correct.
A) It was never a theory. Just a running gag from fucking Jesse Cox that grew into a meme and/or an excuse that people who dislike Jaina can deploy to irritate Jaina fans.

B) The fact that CDev inserted the gag into the index for Chronicle Vol. 2 is more of an acknowledgement of the gag than anything else. I've seen some people take it as CDev tipping their hand about their plans for Jaina and that just seems laughably silly to me.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
So, what new information can be mashed out of the trailer?
What are your thoughts?
Kil'Jaeden has a severe tsundere complex against Velen.

Like, hardcore. You can tell he fought the words "B-baka!" right at the vision of Dalaran, back into his mouth, in that trailer. He regrets leaving him for the Legion.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 PM

Eternal

Since the class order leaders (us) are probably too tired from fighting, Khadgar gathered a council of representatives to talk about the next moves.

We can see Alonsus Faol of the Conclave, Ritssyn Flamescowl of the Black Harvest, Meryl Felstorm of the Tirisgarde, Whatshername of the Unseen Path, Nobundo of the Earthen Ring, Whatshisname of the Cenarion Circle, Jorach Ravenholdt of the Uncrowned (arguably its leader), Gryan Stoutmantle of the Silver Hand, Havi (Odyn) of the Valarjar (its leader), Darion Mograine of the Ebon Blade, Whatshisname of the Broken Temple, and Kor'vas of the Illidari.

In my headcanon, Gryan is dying to get his hands on Darion, but it's supposed to be a peaceful summit so he can't.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:

What do you think, will the Argus raid/patch only feature planet Argus as a background, taking the fight to Kil'Jaeden's "star destroyer" rather than the surface palace?
That's actually where the KJ boss fight in the Tomb of Sargeras takes place. We go to it via a legion portal thing after defeating the Avatar of Sargeras.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:21 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
That's actually where the KJ boss fight in the Tomb of Sargeras takes place. We go to it via a legion portal thing after defeating the Avatar of Sargeras.
So if we fight him in the Twisting Nether, does that mean we are actually going to kill KJ dead dead, not just setback dead?

Also...not sure about the end fight of both Kara and ToS taking place atop a star destroyer...
Old 03-23-2017, 10:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
So if we fight him in the Twisting Nether, does that mean we are actually going to kill KJ dead dead, not just setback dead?

Also...not sure about the end fight of both Kara and ToS taking place atop a star destroyer...
I think at the moment it's implied Kil'jaeden doesn't die and escapes there because he has no death sound files. So we would finish him off in Argus which would count as so fel saturated that he would permanently die.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 PM

Eternal

I have a feeling they're developing Kil'jaeden to survive this expansion.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:06 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I have a feeling they're developing Kil'jaeden to survive this expansion.
Not gonna lie, I'm getting pretty fucking sick of a major antagonist surviving our many attempts at killing him just so he can seed the next expansion and subsequently get killed off in a cinematic by an NPC. It happened with Garrosh, it happened with Gul'dan, and I am flat out not interested in having Kil'Jaeden survive the LEGION expansion.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:07 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Not gonna lie, I'm getting pretty fucking sick of a major antagonist surviving our many attempts at killing him just so he can seed the next expansion and subsequently get killed off in a cinematic by an NPC. It happened with Garrosh, it happened with Gul'dan, and I am flat out not interested in having Kil'Jaeden survive the LEGION expansion.
Don't forget that he could be turned into a purified demon like Lothraxxion, if he survives he may end up in the holy light swapping squad, or he could just be a quest mob we have to defeat on Argus, or he will end up serving the void lords...

As for Kul Tiras, if I said that , it's only because Jaina not being featured in the fight for the tomb of Sargeras, and probably not on the assault for Argus ( what the point if she was not there to defend her world, to feature her to assault a distant one? )
So it's unlikely she'll be featured in 7.3 either ( but it could be possible ) if that's the case, then if we have a 7.4, she will be featured in it, aka Kul Tiras is the most probable case.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:23 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Lightbulb

So daddy Kil'jaeden and mommy Velen equals baby Rakeesh, right?
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
So daddy Kil'jaeden and mommy Velen equals baby Rakeesh, right?
Let's not forget mid-wife Archimonde.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:44 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I think at the moment it's implied Kil'jaeden doesn't die and escapes there because he has no death sound files.
Probably because he dies in a cutscene. Gul'dan doesn't have a death sound either, or at least I never heard it.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 03-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Probably because he dies in a cutscene. Gul'dan doesn't have a death sound either, or at least I never heard it.
His death sounds are on mythic.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:58 PM

Problemsolver

After seeing that trailer I'm sort of hoping they'll have K'J survive this expansion, be majorly butthurt towards Sargeras, decieve him and join up with those Void Lord guys, and then be killed off in a much later The Black Empire Strikes Back-expansion.

Last edited by Aneurysm; 03-24-2017 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: no reason, shut up
Old 03-24-2017, 01:10 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Could also be that they haven't uploaded all files associated with that fight, same way they don't add-in the cinematics until the raid itself opens up.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:14 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
You delete that reply, I edit my post and steal your pun, and then we both act as if that's what I said all along, deal?
Reply? Which reply?
Old 03-24-2017, 01:21 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Reply? Which reply?
We clandestine as fuck yo.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Could also be that they haven't uploaded all files associated with that fight, same way they don't add-in the cinematics until the raid itself opens up.
The cinematic files are encrypted

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion