Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 06:37 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Undead Icon (War3) City Planning: The New Undead Capital

So I never did get around to this for the Undead. Then I was inspired by Karen's necromancy over my Night Elf thread, so here we are. Describe for me what a new home for the Undead might look like. Bare minimum:

1. It’s location
2. It’s layout (various districts, what classes are where, what professions are taught where, etc.)
3. Various attractions and cultural sites.

If you have the requisite tools and skills, I’d love to see maps, scenic pictures, etc.

I wonder if it might be a part of the next expansion, if that expansion is in the Shadowlands. Some place that could act as a bridge between the world of the living and the world of the dead. Some sort of gateway.

My idea, give them an actual Necropolis. They could still use the old Undercity layout that way. Give them a flying City of the Dead. Have it flying about.

The major updated Landmark would be the portal to the Shadowlands. Beyond that, maybe a museum of past lives. A place where the undead can put their old lives to rest.

As for the location, it can really be wherever it wants. It's a floating city that teleports. Kinda like Dalaran that way........

What if Sylvanas conquered Dalaran?

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 06-11-2019 at 06:42 PM..
Old 06-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Arch-Druid

A necropolis is not a bad idea, but where it should be located is important.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 06-11-2019, 07:38 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
A necropolis is not a bad idea, but where it should be located is important.
Kinda depends on where the chips land at the end of BfA. They are mobile, but I'd say perhaps the Ghostlands
Old 06-11-2019, 08:31 PM

Loremaster

Why stop with a Necropolis?

As long as we've been having BfA bringing back WC3 building upgrades in the Warfronts, why not go the undead route with it as well?

While called a Necropolis in WoW, aesthetically and structurally Naxxramas seemed more based upon the Halls of the Dead rather than a standard baseline Necropolis (the Scourge Invasion Necropoli and the ones crashed in Northrend seemed to fit that "tier" better), so maybe if there's to be an outright floating undead city it could be a full-blown Black Citadel with towering obelisks for parapets, sloping ramparts, outdoor avenues and a central tower "keep" overlooking it all.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:43 AM

Elune

A new Undercity would suck, I mean a similar city built somewhere else, rebuilding UC is alright. A floating Necropolis like thing would be cool, I especially like ARM's suggestion.

My own would be a dark and twisted version of a human city built on the surface. A broken mirror reflection of Stormwind, Lordaeron City or similar. Whole new construction showing Forsaken peculiarity and shadows of their human past.

If it has to be relocated from EK in a parity move for the lost Nelf homeland then put it in some desolate place, possibly Desolace itself, Thousand Needles, Tanaris... the more desolate the better. I always hated how the undead were allowed to blight prime realestate in EK, Hillsbrad, Gilneas, Arathi, Hinterlands, even some of the blighted lands with a bit of fixer upper would be great for orc/troll/tauren/belf colonization. Those races can use the land and multiply, the undead just spoil it... well, can't spoil a desert much.

If not then they can build it in WPL, EPL or the Ghostlands. I count Tirisfal and Silverpine as lost/contested.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:58 AM

Arch-Druid

Maybe Alterac could be the right place for the Forsaken to relocate to.

A dark, foreboding city atop a snowy mountain, watching over the surrounding area.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 06-12-2019 at 04:10 AM..
Old 06-12-2019, 04:44 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Maybe Alterac could be the right place for the Forsaken to relocate to.

A dark, foreboding city atop a snowy mountain, watching over the surrounding area.
The Horde is also supposedly rebuilding Alterac already.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:53 AM

Priestess of the Moon

My solution for this is pretty simple.

First, the Undead, following the probable defeat or exile of Sylvanas from the position of Warchief, nevertheless take back huge swaths of the northern Eastern Kingdom. Now convinced that they need to secure themselves against both the Alliance who remember their atrocities as well, and to not rely on the remainder of the Horde who now blames them for the war, they reestablish an independent position in the north.

Tirisfal, Silverpine, and Hillsbrad come into their control, with Thoradin's wall being their primary defensive structure against the newly emergent Strom. They are unable to press into Gilneas or into the Hinterlands, but they do secure Alterac with the assistance of the remaining Syndicate, who pledge their loyalties to the Horde in exchange for being able to bring the kingdom of Alterac back into existence.

The Forsaken meanwhile expand into the plaguelands, using the remaining lesser Val'kyr to bring as many holdover scourge as they can into their ranks - and destroying any who can't be in that way freed from the scourge, or convinced to join their cause. As for what remains of the Argents, it's much the same thing: assist us, stay out of our way, or die. The Forsaken will for political reasons avoid direct confrontation - you won't see them marching on Hearthglen or Light's Hope Chapel, but if the Argents should interfere with what they're doing elsewhere, the gloves will come off.

This gets us to the capitol - just make it Stratholme. Not an underground version of Stratholme, just Stratholme. The burned down buildings are replaced with ones built in the Forsaken style, and the various quarters of the city are repurposed to serve as the new Forsaken capitol.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:30 AM

World Builder

Blizz really never should've had the argents expand as much as they did in WPL, just makes future development there difficult.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-15-2019, 04:01 AM

Problemsolver

The Forsaken unilaterally decide to cut their losses and abandon the sinking ship that is Lordaeron. Fuck it, the Alliance can have it. It's all slowly recovering from the plague thanks to those pesky paladins anyways.

Having taken refuge in Orgrimmar, the Forsaken look to nearby regions to move into and inhabit. And those Theramore humans to the south appear to have moved out of their city-state, what with the mana-bombs obliterating the place and all that. The humid marshes of Dustwallow will suit the Forsaken just fine. It's not too different from their former home; there's sewer-like muck all over and it's a massive ruin of anxiety and depression.

So they set up shop in Theramore. It's free real estate, basically. And there's probably some underground catacomb system just waiting to be restored and moved into. There's not really any Alliance presense around to hinder them from flourishing, so it's the perfect match.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:55 AM

Treant

Probably after Sylvanas is gone and there are no new Forsaken being raised as there are no valkyries left, the number of Forsaken is now small.

Probably, we're gonna get Calia and her 'lightforged' forsaken who are going to rebuild Lordaeron.

So I would imagine the leftovers of Forsaken banding together somewhere in Kalimdor, maybe dungeons of Orgrimmar, maybe Felwood or Desolace, depends how active night elves are there. I don't see them having a new proper city, they currently need to rediscover their nation again after Sylvanas, find a new purpose.

As an alternative, they could go to Northrend and join Lich King leaving Horde for good.

As a solution for gameplay reasons, I like the idea of a flying necropolis or a completely new city somewhere in Hyjal (drain Mooglade and build a city of death on top of night elven sanctuary?).
Old 06-18-2019, 06:26 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

If I had to make this call I'd personally add it to reclaimed Strathhome on the North side.

A: Because theres still room.
B: It's an iconic location in both WoW and Warcraft 3.
C: It has ties to the undead, their story and is connected the the blood-elf territories.
D: It allows them to finally rework that area and allow flying.

Points against:
A) It means they would finally have to make a part of it look like its not on fire after all these years.
B) It means actually doing something. Even if it isn't a new area and is instead just Strathholme not on fire and rebuilt.
C) It means updating the entire area which we know is never going to happen.

Whats more likely is we end up with an undead district in Orgrimmar. Although the still being rebuilt after all this time Mana Addict part of Silvermoon would make more sense that's also unlikely due to it's tie to the TBC BE leveling experience unless they some how separate the two. I'd also be completely fine with the easy solution of a reclaimed Naxxramas being a way to go about it, strip it down, add vendors add some new aesthetics, drop the model somewhere relevant. Dust off hands. Done. Though, this following suggestion for location isn't going to happen but it would be hilarious, rile people up and in character for Sylvanas. A necropolis plopped right on top the burnt husk of Teldrassil.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 06-18-2019 at 06:31 AM..