Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-30-2014, 02:24 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
WoW screwed up the whole scale of events in WC3. As of now, apparently only ten soldiers from Lordaeron actually died during the Third War, and nine of them were from natural causes.

The tenth was run over by one of Kel'thuzad's infected grain carts. By accident.
basically. You could believe Kul Tiras surviving because it was an island but the rest were supposed to be dead. It's the retrospective asshole-ization of Furion by retconning Illidan's role in WotA
Old 03-30-2014, 02:40 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
basically. You could believe Kul Tiras surviving because it was an island but the rest were supposed to be dead. It's the retrospective asshole-ization of Furion by retconning Illidan's role in WotA
Eh...not sure that counts, though. Malfurion's mishandling is more connected to modern-day events with the Horde, as both versions of Illidan ultimately had it coming.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:46 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Eh...not sure that counts, though. Malfurion's mishandling is more connected to modern-day events with the Horde, as both versions of Illidan ultimately had it coming.
I find it hard to believe the Book version of WOTA's illidan warranted eternal imprisonment.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-30-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I find it hard to believe the Book version of WOTA's illidan warranted eternal imprisonment.
It's hard to imagine any crime warranting that kind of punishment. Especially when they basically put him in a hole, alone, and forgot about him. All things considered, he came out of that experience more or less sane (and people were complaining about 6 days without sleep lol).
Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Well, most of Theramore's population at the time were from Lordaeron. Stromgarde went to shit, Crowley's lands were presumably fucked and nobody had any idea what was going on in Gilneas anymore. That's a pretty sizeable population of people without a home. They've built one there, Theramore is pretty decent even if the surrounding lands aren't (it was a pretty impenetrable fortress) so why not stick around?

That, and they still need a population to keep the Alliance's only fortified position in southern(ish) Kalimdor garrisoned. I doubt the Alliance was too keen on basically giving up all of non-night elven Kalimdor to the Horde.

Also Dalaran still had the shit blown out of it by archimonde. Up until wrath you could still see the blasted crater he left behind.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:54 PM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Frostbane#1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
Also Dalaran still had the shit blown out of it by archimonde. Up until wrath you could still see the blasted crater he left behind.
I thought it was a big, purple bubble sitting where the crater now is.

I mean, it certainly wasn't a giant crater in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and I don't think they simply made more land to rebuild on when they levitated the city.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:56 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
Wasn't the city bubbled back then?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Wasn't the city bubbled back then?
It was.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Fiar enough. My point was that Archimonde did quite a number on the place and it wasn't in good shape for a while
Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Dalaran is also secretly the place where Paladins go to learn the art of the bubble.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"

Tags
ally whining takeover, critical thinking, intrahorde oppression, mop sucks, shitty writing