Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-20-2013, 03:54 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Forgive me, but I'm going to guess that your standards for them avoiding one of those two options would be something that would wholly ruin their potential as a playable race and give the Alliance a massive unearned territorial grab.
Forgive me, but that's a non sequitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Forgive me, but that's a non sequitor.
Perhaps. In any case, I was baited, and I apologize. Back to constructive things.

I do look forward to WoD, in that it should provide a good chance for the Horde to finally defeat its inner demons in full.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Forgive me, but I'm going to guess that your standards for them avoiding one of those two options would be something that would wholly ruin their potential as a playable race and give the Alliance a massive unearned territorial grab.
If the Forsaken being portrayed consistently "ruins" them for you.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies´┐Ż strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night´┐Ż live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
He'd only be happy with the restoration of Lordaeron.

I'd be content with the reclamation of Gilneas and the Alliance having more of a presence in Arathi and Hillsbrad.

Neither's going to happen, however.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 12-20-2013, 03:58 PM

Elune

While I think it might be too soon, I was reading about the memorial in Turkey at Gallipoli for the Entente forces who died in the invasion, and it occurred to me that, at some point in the future, the Horde putting something like it up at Dranosh'ar Landing would be... touching, somehow.

Quote:
"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives...
You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country.
Therefore rest in peace.
There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours...
You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries wipe away your tears.
Your sons are now lying in our bosom and are at peace.
After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Ataturk 1934
Old 12-20-2013, 04:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
While I think it might be too soon, I was reading about the memorial in Turkey at Gallipoli for the Entente forces who died in the invasion, and it occurred to me that, at some point in the future, the Horde putting something like it up at Dranosh'ar Landing would be... touching, somehow.
That would be a nice touch.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I think the only way to fix the Forsaken, and make them able to team up with other playable races like the Humans to take on neutral evil threats without it being lolore is to completely wipe the slate clean.

It can't just be Sylvanas who dies, the sadistic and evil "death to the living" Forsaken have to go too.

The Forsaken and a Alliance need to get to a place where some tension exists, but the two groups shouldn't feel like they ought to be in all out war.

Really, I think 3 things need to happen.

1. The evil elements need to be purged from the Forsaken through both an external Alliance force, and a group of Forsaken that doesn't want war with the Alliance.

2. The Forsaken need to show sorrow for what they did and make amends, even if they suffer some because of it.

3. The Alliance needs to accept that the western Lordaeron area belongs to the Forsaken, and they need to not be antagonistic to the Forsaken.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:20 PM

Sentinel Queen

What does everyone think should be done with the Western Horde?
Old 12-20-2013, 04:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Orcs should have their shamanistic themes fleshed out better and be a part of their society again, that also means the Frostwolves need more development again. (Not the AU Frostwolves, I'm talking about the MU kinds.)

Baine needs to grow a spine and actually establish where he wants the Tauren to go. Tauren need their ferocity back like they had in WC3.

Trolls... should tame more fucking dinosaurs. I want to see a Darkspear T-rex.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:24 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
At this point? Let Naralex completely change the Northern Barrens into a fertile land. (It was idiotic, in my opinion, for the updated Naralex storyline to be in the Southern Barrens and not the Northern Barrens.) Bring in shamans and druids to further grow the area of the Southfury Watershed.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, I would feel more insulted if the Horde put that up at this point considering they have made absolutely no effort yet to improve relations and indeed are enjoying all the benefits of Garrosh's reign as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
3. The Alliance needs to accept that the western Lordaeron area belongs to the Forsaken, and they need to not be antagonistic to the Forsaken.
This would make it exactly the same as Siege of Orgrimmar. The Forsaken "lose" and then become "good guys" by writer fiat while suffering absolutely no negative consequences.

If the Forsaken are going to stay and be "good guys" then the Alliance gets to occupy all their territories and the Forsaken have to stop reproducing.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies´┐Ż strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night´┐Ż live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah, I would feel more insulted if the Horde put that up at this point considering they have made absolutely no effort yet to improve relations and indeed are enjoying all the benefits of Garrosh's reign as we speak.
Varian judged their attack on Garrosh an effort to improve relations enough to end the war.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Varian judged their attack on Garrosh an effort to improve relations enough to end the war.
Varian is a dumbass for ending the war and not demanding concrete concessions from the Horde.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Varian is a dumbass for ending the war and not demanding concrete concessions from the Horde.
To my knowledge, you get control of Ashenvale and Gilneas again.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
To my knowledge, you get control of Ashenvale and Gilneas again.
The Alliance already controlled Ashenvale and Gilneas hasn't so much been regained by the Alliance as the Forsaken apparently plagued it and left.

Again, zero concessions from the Horde and you think that making a happy memorial is warranted?
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
The Alliance already controlled Ashenvale and Gilneas hasn't so much been regained by the Alliance as the Forsaken apparently plagued it and left.

Again, zero concessions from the Horde and you think that making a happy memorial is warranted?
I did say it might be too soon. It's more of an eventual thing, once we can be more sure of continued peace. But at least Varian is actually working toward peace.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
I did say it might be too soon. It's more of an eventual thing, once we can be more sure of continued peace. But at least Varian is actually working toward peace.
Surrendering to the Horde is one way to get peace, yes.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:13 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

When I play my Horde toons I dislike how...absolute things are. You either:

a) want to totally destroy your enemy down to the last living thing.

Or

b) Do nothing

It's like...wut?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Orcs need to figure out what the fuck they want to be, and kill every orc that refuses, and to stop dragging everyone down their shit.

Tauren need to figure out what the fuck they want to be, and either kill or convince everyone else that refuses. Also stop being pushovers, and regain their shamanism.

Trolls need to figure out what the fuck they want to be, and either kill or convince everyone else that refuses. Also stop being useless and tame some fucking dinosaurs. I also want a fucking Loa Megazord. Fuck the logic. Make that shit happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:33 PM

Elune

Can the Alliance just conquer the Horde and we can abolish the faction system as they assimilate them? I would be okay with that. The Horde can even be under martial law during that period.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Can the Alliance just conquer the Horde and we can abolish the faction system as they assimilate them? I would be okay with that. The Horde can even be under martial law during that period.
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:40 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Orcs should have their shamanistic themes fleshed out better and be a part of their society again, that also means the Frostwolves need more development again. (Not the AU Frostwolves, I'm talking about the MU kinds.)
I would love non-frostwolf shaman and orcs who are capable of being 'not evil'.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-20-2013, 05:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
No.
Wouldn't that make Fojar happy and allow the Horde to not be bad anymore? I really don't care about feeling weak if the Alliance was able to win like that.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I would love non-frostwolf shaman and orcs who are capable of being 'not evil'.
That'd be fine, but Frostwolves kinda also strike me as underdeveloped. It's nearly the same problems with Humans and the Silver Hand imo.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:42 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
That'd be fine, but Frostwolves kinda also strike me as underdeveloped. It's nearly the same problems with Humans and the Silver Hand imo.
I just don't like the frostwolves all that much.

Part of it is their colors are lame and Blizz has never made Ice a good theme for the orcs.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
ally whining takeover, baine fan fic, because honor, don't hurt my sylvanas, fad of the week, horde bias, mop sucks, thrallic justice, who'd defend kosak, world of warcraft