Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-28-2014, 10:42 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
We were saying this in MoP.

Not-Time Travel/AU's has really opened up a narrative shitstorm It's an excuse for them to pump out whatever utterly stupid/epic c00lbro ideas they have in mind. So when they decide "HEY GUYS WOULDN'T FIGHTING THE SECOND WAR WHERE THE ALLIANCE WAS EVIL BE AWESOME?!" is a brilliant idea they have an 'excuse' to do it because LOL AU BLADES OF GRASS.
I'm living in hope (read: denial).
Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Some sort of max-level phasing of old zones like Blasted Lands for the Iron Horde invasion (even as slapdash as parts of that felt...) could theoretically be worth the effort for the sake of using the old world to continue the story, but revamping actual leveling zones for leveling players? There's just not enough payoff to revamping zones essentially so that leveling players can get them over and done with faster - it's easier for the designers to just remove existing quests and inflate the XP rewards from those that remain.
This is by far the best option for the future. Reworking Northrend for the leveling process is a no at this point, after how Cata turned out. Adding more content for current cap is more likely, like someone said about adding Azjol-Nerub Kingdom below it (and dont even doubt it, as we run out of world to explore, Blizzard will be more tempted to update old zones for current cap content (Barrens, Blasted Lands, stuff like that).

Having said that, extra content for current cap is also more likely than going back to Northrend for a full expansion. If they actually make a full Azjol-Nerub expac, they will put warp to Northrend just for the sake of lore, but not much else :3
Old 12-28-2014, 11:41 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon The 'g' is silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Even since Cataclysm ended they've continued removing quests here and there from the revamped zones (I notice a few new ones missing every time I start an alt) to get people through it even faster, because ultimately what a "better leveling experience" boils down usually involves less leveling to experience.
Actually I'm starting to see what you mean, I was looking through the Azshara chain and noticed this one had been removed.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=14133
Old 12-29-2014, 01:20 PM

Eternal

Outland should be marked as obsolete and removed.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Outland should be marked as obsolete and removed.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:02 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

I absolutely wish for an updated TBC!Azeroth. But the time-travel-not-time-travel-pocket-alternative-universe-not-nocket-alternative-universe-whatever can of worms has unfortunately already been opened. I wouldn't even look forward for a South Seas/Kul'Tiras expansion (even though I'd love one if it wasn't as horribly underwater as was Vashj'ir) because Blizz doesn't need to expand on current Azeroth anymore.

But in the ideal world, the old world is updated and earlier state is conserved via Bronze Dragonflight toggle NPCs. That's ideal though and can't exist in reality. Sadly.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:05 PM

Elune

I'd personally, since doing a complete revamp seems to be always out of the question, would like to see mobs model updated and at the very least update the enviroment graphic-wise.

At least for BC. WotLK still looks pretty damn good.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Arch-Druid

It's unlikely that they would ever go back to remake low-level content, but they can still revisit old places for max-level content.

Personally, while it's unlikely, I'd like to see expansions that go back to old areas. They could make an entire expansion set in a phased Lordaeron, without touching the low-level version. Or a new Northrend expansion that is in essence a new continent, and you could talk to the bronze dragons to be transported into the original.

This could potentially move the story forward for those areas, as well as allowing new instances without the need to recycle the old ones.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-02-2015, 12:21 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Default South Seas expansion = Tinker class; get hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
I absolutely wish for an updated TBC!Azeroth. But the time-travel-not-time-travel-pocket-alternative-universe-not-nocket-alternative-universe-whatever can of worms has unfortunately already been opened. I wouldn't even look forward for a South Seas/Kul'Tiras expansion (even though I'd love one if it wasn't as horribly underwater as was Vashj'ir) because Blizz doesn't need to expand on current Azeroth anymore.

But in the ideal world, the old world is updated and earlier state is conserved via Bronze Dragonflight toggle NPCs. That's ideal though and can't exist in reality. Sadly.
Well you can do a South Seas expansion and not have it be underwater. Other than Nazjatar and maybe Zandalar, most of the South Seas would take place above ground. Kezan, Tel Abim, Plunder Isle, Kul Tiras(?) and the Broken Isles are all islands. And that doesn't even count all of the completely new undiscovered islands they could make up.

I don't think the Vashj'ir complaints are enough to stop Blizzard from doing the South Seas content someday.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Well you can do a South Seas expansion and not have it be underwater. Other than Nazjatar and maybe Zandalar, most of the South Seas would take place above ground. Kezan, Tel Abim, Plunder Isle, Kul Tiras(?) and the Broken Isles are all islands. And that doesn't even count all of the completely new undiscovered islands they could make up.

I don't think the Vashj'ir complaints are enough to stop Blizzard from doing the South Seas content someday.
^ That.

Tel Abim, Zandalar, the Golden Fleet, Broken Islands, Plunder Island, Kul Tiras, (new) Kezan. Any new islands out there... We could get a boat and form a crew to travel anywhere.

We could have small sections of storylines underwater, but they don't need to repeat Vashj'ir at all.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:34 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Well, you might be right. Tinkers though? No way. There already are too many classes, adding one more (while robbing Engineering of fun and flavour) will be too much. No. Tinkers won't happen. Neither will Demon Hunters. No way.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:41 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Well, you might be right. Tinkers though? No way. There already are too many classes, adding one more (while robbing Engineering of fun and flavour) will be too much. No. Tinkers won't happen. Neither will Demon Hunters. No way.
Why would tinkers rob engineering fun and flavour? The fun engineering items aren't really things that can be turned into useful class abilities.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:06 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Why would tinkers rob engineering fun and flavour? The fun engineering items aren't really things that can be turned into useful class abilities.
Because it's the engineers who use crafted mechanisms to aid them in and out of combat. Death lasers, neural and nitro boosters, explosive bombs, explosive grenades, explosive sheep, shrinkers and enlargers, portable teleporters, clockwork decoys...

Not that much left for tinkers.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Because it's the engineers who use crafted mechanisms to aid them in and out of combat. Death lasers, neural and nitro boosters, explosive bombs, explosive grenades, explosive sheep, shrinkers and enlargers, portable teleporters, clockwork decoys...

Not that much left for tinkers.
Most engineer tinkers, the items that actually get used in combat alongside the odd bomb, already overlap with other classes' abilities and/or are rarely used. Tinkers would just be another class whose abilities might also appear amongst the devices engineers can use, in a less powerful form. Tinkers would just happen to have the misfortune of having more mechanical abilities than all the other classes, making it seem like its abilities overlap with engineering items more often than the abilities of other classes.

Besides, Blizzard hasn't really touched most of those items this expansion, so they might fall out of use over time. Perfect time for the Tinker to fill the void.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
^ That.

Tel Abim, Zandalar, the Golden Fleet, Broken Islands, Plunder Island, Kul Tiras, (new) Kezan. Any new islands out there... We could get a boat and form a crew to travel anywhere.

We could have small sections of storylines underwater, but they don't need to repeat Vashj'ir at all.
As long as Kul Tiras isn't anywhere in or near the South Seas, I don't think I would mind too much. although if they have the Horde building bases on Kul Tiras, or it somehow being neutral/going Horde, I would not be pleased either. So of course I expect Blizzard to do some shit exactly like that.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:29 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
As long as Kul Tiras isn't anywhere in or near the South Seas, I don't think I would mind too much. although if they have the Horde building bases on Kul Tiras, or it somehow being neutral/going Horde, I would not be pleased either. So of course I expect Blizzard to do some shit exactly like that.
Kul'tiras should be hardcore Alliance and Anti-Horde, though I think a Forsaken base at Drisburg could work.

Also, Kul'tiras capital is -Boralus-

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Bor

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Kul'tiras should be hardcore Alliance and Anti-Horde, though I think a Forsaken base at Drisburg could work.

Also, Kul'tiras capital is -Boralus-

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Bor
You watch it, Blizzard will find some way to shoehorn in the Horde into making/having claims on some of the land of Kul Tiras. and the forsaken base at Drisburg?

"Hey look, we have some Kul Tiras forsaken, including a nobleman of theirs. This means under forsaken law we can claim the land he held when he was alive."

"..... hold on there. That's OUR land, no undead allowed, and his heir has already been ruling that land for a decade now, not to mention has children of his own who have been named heirs of his lands. So back off."

"What? you have a problem with that? How DARE you oppress my people! Kul Tiras is forsaken! Now and forever!"

"Them's fighting words, bitch!"

"RAWWWWR!' *fighting ensues*

"Wut? Oh fml... AGAIN?!?!" *sighs*

Quote:
Most engineer tinkers, the items that actually get used in combat alongside the odd bomb, already overlap with other classes' abilities and/or are rarely used. Tinkers would just be another class whose abilities might also appear amongst the devices engineers can use, in a less powerful form. Tinkers would just happen to have the misfortune of having more mechanical abilities than all the other classes, making it seem like its abilities overlap with engineering items more often than the abilities of other classes.

Besides, Blizzard hasn't really touched most of those items this expansion, so they might fall out of use over time. Perfect time for the Tinker to fill the void.
By giving a class the abilities of a profession?
Old 01-03-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
By giving a class the abilities of a profession?
By providing that certain engineering touch to our rotations that Engineering no longer is providing, thanks to Blizzard's profession reform. The abilities of the profession are for the most already cannibalized abilities of other playable classes, so of course the Tinker class wouldn't be given said profession-abilities.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
By providing that certain engineering touch to our rotations that Engineering no longer is providing, thanks to Blizzard's profession reform. The abilities of the profession are for the most already cannibalized abilities of other playable classes, so of course the Tinker class wouldn't be given said profession-abilities.
So instead of reviving and un-butchering professions (including engineering) you suggest to distribute even more of their traits as „new“ class abilities? I'm not sure this will do.

Last edited by Vaximillian; 01-04-2015 at 12:13 AM..
Old 01-04-2015, 12:53 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
I'd personally, since doing a complete revamp seems to be always out of the question, would like to see mobs model updated and at the very least update the enviroment graphic-wise.
I'm not sure what would be more likely of those. They remade the Wind Rider and Gryphon models, made them purchaseable instead of updating the old ones. Perotharn has an updated Satyr model, but they still look awful. The Forest Nymph model of Northrend should replace the Dryad model, but they're still there. We've had wolf updates in Northrend and Draenor but Orcs still have the low quality racial mount. The older dragons and drakes have worse textures than the newer ones. Etcetera, etcetera...
Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
We've had wolf updates in Northrend and Draenor but Orcs still have the low quality racial mount. The older dragons and drakes have worse textures than the newer ones. Etcetera, etcetera...
Also tigers

My heart bleeds every time when I see a tiger in Strangethorn.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Also tigers

My heart bleeds every time when I see a tiger in Strangethorn.
This is something I'll never understand. They have old assets and new, better ones. Just substitute them, make the old world feel better. They can leave some juvenile tigers with old models for the Hunters to tame, and substitute the bigger ones.

I'm still hoping that at some point they'll revise all racial mounts (not all old mounts, only the ones that share models with racial ones like horses, sabercats, wolves, gryphons, and so on). For gryphons and wyverns I'd like to maintain the old look, only better (more polygons and better textures, no redesigned beaks or horns, for instance).

Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 PM

Critter

I played WoW from Vanilla in 2005 to Wrath of the Lich King all the way to 2010. Never had the chance to play Cataclysm. My memories are still fresh... Northrend was truly something else.

Arthas (Lich King) is p much dead but I hope Blizzard, in some way, re-visits that continent. I don't think it needs an overhaul like the old zones received in Cataclysm. In fact, I've seen many people consider WotLK to objectively have the best questing.

Man, brings back memories =/
Old 01-17-2015, 10:16 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Conjeror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikstone View Post
I played WoW from Vanilla in 2005 to Wrath of the Lich King all the way to 2010. Never had the chance to play Cataclysm. My memories are still fresh... Northrend was truly something else.

Arthas (Lich King) is p much dead but I hope Blizzard, in some way, re-visits that continent. I don't think it needs an overhaul like the old zones received in Cataclysm. In fact, I've seen many people consider WotLK to objectively have the best questing.

Man, brings back memories =/
If you missed Cataclysm I would really recommend checking it out Cataclysm if you liked the old world content. Most of the revamps are really on point because they draw from the quests and characters that used to be there from vanilla, so its like a continuation of the old Vanilla content. Elwynn, Gnomeregan, Silverpine and a whole bunch of other places.

Personally I liked the Burning Crusade best gameplay-wise. Wrath had solid updates in questing tech, but what felt like a huge drop in difficulty in comparison to the previous games.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:54 PM

The Digger

Quote:
If you missed Cataclysm I would really recommend checking it out Cataclysm if you liked the old world content. Most of the revamps are really on point because they draw from the quests and characters that used to be there from vanilla, so its like a continuation of the old Vanilla content. Elwynn, Gnomeregan, Silverpine and a whole bunch of other places.
Personally, I feel as though a lot of the revamps were hit-and-miss. Some, like the revamps to the Forsaken experience (and Lordaeron in general), Night Elf experience, and Barrens, were truly impressive and created some interesting stories in formerly pretty boring zones. Other zones, such as most of those that had been tied in with the Defias conspiracy back in Vanilla, suffered, as did many of the spookier or bleaker zones which lost much of that feeling with the lessened danger that came with the revamps. Then some zones (dwarven leveling experience, lookin' at you) ended up in utter shambles due to development issues and limited time.

Personally, I think the best zones in Cata for story were Gilneas and Vashj'ir. They do an incredible job of feeling truly dire and desperate in a game that all-too-often makes heroism feel like a chore.

Tags
expac, revamps, world of warcraft