Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-05-2014, 03:43 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Mana Astronomy, Astrology, and the skies of Azeroth

Azeroth's skies hold a lot of significance to Night Elves, Tauren, and Tol'vir, but a lot of it escapes me. I get the whole White Lady/Elune/Musha part, and I get as much of An'she as there is to get, but can anyone tell me about the Blue Child and it's significance? Supposedly it's the child of the White Lady, but the only known child of Elune is what, Cenarius? Or the shrine of the Seven Stars. What seven stars are we talking about?

Also, the Shadowmoon clan looks at the skies of Shadowmoon valley for guidance. Anyone know about the Astro(logy/nomy) of that area? I find this sort of thing interesting at the moment.

Basically this thread is for talking about the sky.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Azeroth's skies hold a lot of significance to Night Elves, Tauren, and Tol'vir, but a lot of it escapes me. I get the whole White Lady/Elune/Musha part, and I get as much of An'she as there is to get, but can anyone tell me about the Blue Child and it's significance? Supposedly it's the child of the White Lady, but the only known child of Elune is what, Cenarius? Or the shrine of the Seven Stars. What seven stars are we talking about?

Also, the Shadowmoon clan looks at the skies of Shadowmoon valley for guidance. Anyone know about the Astro(logy/nomy) of that area? I find this sort of thing interesting at the moment.

Basically this thread is for talking about the sky.
There was never said that the Blue Child was the lil' boy/girl of the White Lady in any mythology AFAIK. Probably the blue moon has that name because of its size and because of the Embrace between both moons.

About the Seven Stars, it has never been explained. The kaldorei have this 'night motif', but it has been hardly developed beyond Elune as the White Lady.

PS: Something interesting I realized: when the Pantheon was full and complete, there were 7 members.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)

Last edited by Cemotucu; 02-05-2014 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 04:45 PM

Warden

He got that idea from wowpedia:

Quote:
Azeroth has two moons. Various cultures may have different names for them, but usually they play on a mother-and-child theme, as the white moon is much larger than the blue one.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:03 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

WTB astromancer lore.

Tags
speculation, warcraft