Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-02-2019, 11:52 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I see dead people.
More dead sad elves

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-04-2019, 03:02 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Night Elf Icon (War3)

I sure hope night elves will at least get paladins, as foretold in Legion, now that Wardens are a Horde unit.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:04 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I sure hope night elves will at least get paladins, as foretold in Legion, now that Wardens are a Horde unit.
Only if nelfs get proper moon graphic spells

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-10-2019, 12:17 PM

Sentinel Queen

Way better than the Zandalari and female Kul Tiran dances
Old 05-13-2019, 05:42 PM

Demon Hunter

Quick dumb question, what is this a map of? I can't figure it out and its driving me crazy.

Is it one of the existing continents that I can't see cus of dame brainage or is it just like concept art of a design they didn't use?
Old 05-13-2019, 07:07 PM

Arch-Druid

It's not used anywhere. Maybe it's an early version of Kul Tiras.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-13-2019, 09:08 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

It's the Broken Isles.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:56 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Rotate the Broken Isles map left and you'll see it.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:12 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Yep, it is literally just the Broken Isles but sideways.

In other news: WoW Classic launches August 27th, beta starts tomorrow!

World of Wacraft 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition:

Contains 10+ inch Ragnaros statue, Alabaster Stormtalon and Alabaster Thunderwing Mounts (also available separately on the in game store), Onyxia pin, Map of Azeroth mouse pad, "Fine Art Prints," 30 days of game time.

World of Warcraft in-game anniversary event:

-A special anniversary raid that will feature a collection of the most iconic bosses from WoW's history (Kael'thas was given as an example). Complete the raid to receive the Obsidian Worldbreaker mount:

Update: Marlamin (a dataminer and in the know person) says there's going to be another announcement tomorrow about BfA along with the release of a new CGI cinematic (if you're on the SoL discord, you already know what it is, won't say here since it seems like it was not supposed to be released to the public).

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 05-14-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Old 05-14-2019, 12:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Ooooh, revamped gryphon/wyvern models? I like where this is going.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM

Huntress

Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Ooooh, revamped gryphon/wyvern models? I like where this is going.
Gryphon is a work of art.

Wyverns still terrible.

Gods why don't they just separate the manticore's wings from its arms already?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-15-2019, 10:35 AM

Arch-Druid

My updated thoughts on Sylvanas’ endgame and patch 8.3:

- Helya was the one who weakened Vol’jin, leading to his fatal wound.
- Vol’jin was already dead when Sylvanas was appointed Warchief. It was Helya manipulating Vol’jin’s corpse. That’s why Vol’jin can’t remember things clearly.
- Some other entity brought Vol’jin’s spirit back from the Other Side. My bet is Rezan.
- Once Sylvanas was made warchief, Helya leaked information about Eyir and herself to her, leading her to Stormheim and their pact.
- Helya survived her own death due to the pact. She’s now in contact with Sylvanas.
- Sylvanas’ endgame, guided by Helya, is to kill Azeroth and everyone in it, turning the whole world into a realm of undeath, with Helya as its goddess.
- The whole war is just a distraction while Sylvanas and Helya work in the background towards their endgame.
- The Void fears Sylvanas because she would lead to the death of the World Soul, and her plans would kill even N’Zoth.
- However, N’Zoth has his own plans, and is trying to get ahead of Sylvanas.
- N’Zoth made a pact with Xal’atath because he knew Sylvanas/Helya would use the blade in their plans. So, he freed the entity in it and replaced it with his own essence, essentially derailing Sylvanas/Helya’s plans.
- Final patch is going to be a four-way conflict between Alliance/Horde/Sylvanas/N’Zoth. The Alliance/Horde part will be developed in questing, while the battle between Death and Void will be the theme of the final raid.
- “On the eve of her third death” is about Helya. Her death will lead to N’Zoth freeing himself.
- I still think the final patch will be set in Quel’thalas and both Helya and N’Zoth want the Sunwell to power their efforts.
- I also still think the void elves will be revealed as mostly traitors serving the Void in the final patch. Not all of them, but I think Umbric will be one of the traitors. They will lay a trap to transform more elves, since a lot of thalassians in both sides will be present in a Quel’thalas story. You know where this goes... That’s how void elves will get a “real race” status.
- So, in essence, Alliance has been used as pawns of the Void, while Horde was manipulated by Death.
- N’Zoth will be freed but not as we imagine it. Rather than breaking his prison, his essence in Xal’atatah will gain a mortal form, in a Nyarlathotep way, and he will be set up as a villain to plague us over future expansions.

Just part of my wild speculation.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:08 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
My updated thoughts on Sylvanas’ endgame and patch 8.3:

-cut for length since your post is literally the one above this one-

Just part of my wild speculation.
I really like the idea of both factions being puppets for rival enemy factions the war being a proxy war between them, but one thing is slightly off. From the datamined dialogue, it seems that N'Zoth is freed at the end of the Azshara fight.

Also:

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 05-15-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old 05-15-2019, 02:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
From the datamined dialogue, it seems that N'Zoth is freed at the end of the Azshara fight.
I’ll wait the cinematic/raid and adjust the theory as needed. For now, I think N’Zoth’s real freedom comes at the end of BfA.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:28 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Assuming Blizzard story writers can be that subtle.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:30 PM

Arch-Druid

The more I check PTR, the more I think the Alliance again lost opportunities for storytelling. Why are Jaina and Genn the main heroes here? Shandris is more important than them, yet it’s clearly treated as a secondary character.

Why not bench Jaina and Genn for a while and give focus to others? Use Umbric and Shandris instead! A mage and a ranger, just like Talyssra and Lor’themar, and both elves, so related to Azshara in more than one way.

Then add Tandred as a secondary character, leading the kul tiran fleet survivors.

I see lots of naga shadowcasters in the 8.2 database. Perfect moment for Umbric to have something to do. And yet he’s missing yet again.

Little changes could make everything so much more interesting... the Alliance’s role is to be forgettable again.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:32 AM

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Well, it sort of makes sense. At least initially. Initially, the Alliance is pursuing the Horde fleet. There is no indication that their upcoming confrontation would lead to an encounter with Azshara and (possibly) Azshara's undoing.

Since the night elves are busy fighting in their own front in northern Kalimdor, it makes sense for Jaina and Genn, who are leading the naval battles, to be present instead of more night elvish characters. Shandris is there not because she is a night elf but because she is one of the officers stationed at Boralus.

It is true that the night elves (and void elves) have more bones to pick with the naga than any other Alliance race, but this campaign did not start with the goal to fight the naga. That the naga would be fought on their own doorstep was something the Alliance could not have foreseen.

That said, once it became clear that they would be fighting Azshara, I really can't use any mental gymnastics to explain why Tyrande hasn't used a portal to make her way to Zin-Azshari. It is certainly possible that she can't leave Kalimdor due to the ongoing engagements against the Forsaken; that she had to prioritize. However, wasn't it Blizzard that stated that she has gotten her vengeance (silly, silly Blizzard)? Wouldn't that imply that she has no more pressing business in Kalimdor? That the Horde threat has been overcome and that piece of shit Sira been slain?
Old 05-18-2019, 04:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Well, it sort of makes sense. At least initially. Initially, the Alliance is pursuing the Horde fleet. There is no indication that their upcoming confrontation would lead to an encounter with Azshara and (possibly) Azshara's undoing.

Since the night elves are busy fighting in their own front in northern Kalimdor, it makes sense for Jaina and Genn, who are leading the naval battles, to be present instead of more night elvish characters. Shandris is there not because she is a night elf but because she is one of the officers stationed at Boralus.

It is true that the night elves (and void elves) have more bones to pick with the naga than any other Alliance race, but this campaign did not start with the goal to fight the naga. That the naga would be fought on their own doorstep was something the Alliance could not have foreseen.

That said, once it became clear that they would be fighting Azshara, I really can't use any mental gymnastics to explain why Tyrande hasn't used a portal to make her way to Zin-Azshari. It is certainly possible that she can't leave Kalimdor due to the ongoing engagements against the Forsaken; that she had to prioritize. However, wasn't it Blizzard that stated that she has gotten her vengeance (silly, silly Blizzard)? Wouldn't that imply that she has no more pressing business in Kalimdor? That the Horde threat has been overcome and that piece of shit Sira been slain?
Genn didn't really participate in any action thus far, I really liked his role as the "political" face of the Alliance in Kul Tiras. He could sit out this one. And Jaina could still be recovering from being beaten in BfDA. Let Tandred command the fleet for a while.

I should point that neither Lor'themar nor Talyssra were part of the war campaign nor were in Zandalar, and yet Blizzard made them present for this patch (thought I suspect Lor'themar was sent by Sylvanas to take him away from Silvermoon...).

Umbric and Shandris were right there in the boat all the time. It's strange that all war campaign characters just disappeared now (except Kelsey, who's busy in Mechagon). I think this would be better for Alliance if Blizzard just kept using war campaign champions. I really didn't see any reasons for Genn and Jaina to be included in this one.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:04 AM

Eternal

Quote:
. However, wasn't it Blizzard that stated that she has gotten her vengeance (silly, silly Blizzard)? Wouldn't that imply that she has no more pressing business in Kalimdor? That the Horde threat has been overcome and that piece of shit Sira been slain?
That does not mean she can't be marching her troops down south. I think this miscommunication actually comes from the developer soft-spoiling the result of the Darkshore warfront and a future storyline. Tyrande has won Darkshore and now her soldiers press upon the Horde down south, only we don't know that because it's content for a patch that has not yet been revealed.

(And in the light of this, I also think they are building up Tyrande to be the anti-Horde figure of the Alliance for future storylines, so being frenemies with them in Nazjatar would not thematically work.)

Last edited by Marthen; 05-18-2019 at 07:06 AM..
Old 05-18-2019, 08:45 AM

You are right. And yes, she would not have worked as a frenemy.

Though if Blizzard had wished to let her get involved they could have told another story or found a way to make it work. They simply don't seem to be interested.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:58 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
I should point that neither Lor'themar nor Talyssra were part of the war campaign nor were in Zandalar, and yet Blizzard made them present for this patch (thought I suspect Lor'themar was sent by Sylvanas to take him away from Silvermoon...).
Well, to be fair between the deaths of the San'layn and Baine's arrest, the Horde's entourage in Zandalar has lost more champions and liaisons than the Alliance's equivalent in Kul Tiras. So Lor'themar and Thalyssra could be sent expressly to replace Baine.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:09 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Well, to be fair between the deaths of the San'layn and Baine's arrest, the Horde's entourage in Zandalar has lost more champions and liaisons than the Alliance's equivalent in Kul Tiras. So Lor'themar and Thalyssra could be sent expressly to replace Baine.

There's also a datamined line where Sylvanas says that Nazjatar is an intentional trap to not just destroy the Alliance fleet, but the Horde fleet as well as she's seemingly ordered those she suspects of being disloyal to her to go on the expedition.

Nathanos. The next phase of our campaign is at hand.
Sail out with what remains of our fleet. The blade will guide you to the rendezvous.
Casualties on both sides will be substantial. Consider this an opportunity to weed out the disloyal.
The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come.
We have been through so much together, you and I. Trust in me, as I have ever trusted in you.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 05-18-2019 at 01:16 PM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft