Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #37051  
Old 09-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Define "presidential". A lot of people said the same thing about Reagan, the Bushs, Lincoln, the Roosevelts, Kennedy, ect. What matters most is character, not the laundry list of previous "accomplishments".
I don't know if he's a leader or not. That's one of my concerns.
Reply With Quote
  #37052  
Old 09-28-2015, 05:42 PM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
This has 0% chance of happening. Outside of Trump having no shot, if Clinton actually dropped out, Biden would swoop in and take her place in a second. There isn't really a scenario where Sanders has a good shot at the nomination.

Edit: Some interesting reading regarding this:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...tial-campaign/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...tages-of-doom/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...able-problems/
Mhmm seeing as how Sanders is overtaking Clinton in most polls for the Democratic nomination, I don't think it's that unlikely.

However, they will likely find some way to sabotage him, some spin or whatever. He's way too anti-establishment, the SuperPACs are quaking in their boots.

As for Trump - sadly, he has a better chance than we might think. He's the only one that stands out among the suits, and his repugnant Homer Simpson utterances land with the common morons.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #37053  
Old 09-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Mhmm seeing as how Sanders is overtaking Clinton in most polls for the Democratic nomination, I don't think it's that unlikely.

However, they will likely find some way to sabotage him, some spin or whatever. He's way too anti-establishment, the SuperPACs are quaking in their boots.

As for Trump - sadly, he has a better chance than we might think. He's the only one that stands out among the suits, and his repugnant Homer Simpson utterances land with the common morons.
Instead of dismissing people as morons why not ask yourself why people like Trump?

I don't understand how people want Cruz as president but there are likable qualities about him. He's a strong constitutionalist, for one.

At the same time I'd never vote for Bernie. But I understand what people like about him and don't think they're stupid for doing so. To dismiss someone as a moron or what not says more about than them.
Reply With Quote
  #37054  
Old 09-28-2015, 05:50 PM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Sorry, you have to be an absolute imbecile to think Trump is a good idea.

Then again, if one is perfectly honest - there is not that much of a difference between him and all the other Republican candidates. None of them would stand for a responsible foreign policy, or control our warmongering. None of them would reign in our pollution, work towards healthcare for all, none of them would stand for any kind of policy that is actually in the interest of the people. Neither would Clinton, or Biden, mind you.

Trump is just the most obviously bad choice among many bad options.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #37055  
Old 09-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Sorry, you have to be an absolute imbecile to think Trump is a good idea.

Then again, if one is perfectly honest - there is not that much of a difference between him and all the other Republican candidates. None of them would stand for a responsible foreign policy, or control our warmongering. None of them would reign in our pollution, work towards healthcare for all, none of them would stand for any kind of policy that is actually in the interest of the people. Neither would Clinton, or Biden, mind you.

Trump is just the most obviously bad choice among many bad options.
You don't. You have to be someone tired of, and I hate to use the term, cuckservatives and RINOs who run around Washington playing their little games.

As for healthcare, you may wish to rethink Trump then.

Last edited by Mertico; 09-28-2015 at 06:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37056  
Old 09-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

TBH most of the american presidental candidates are Joker Crazy.

only good thing about trump is that he hates the typical swedish cottage that is from the 1800s.

those things look awful.
Reply With Quote
  #37057  
Old 09-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
You don't. You have to be someone tired of, and I hate to use the term, cuckservatives and RINOs who run around Washington playing their little games.

As for healthcare, you may wish to rethink Trump then.
Quote:
And as for the rest of the market, as my colleague Bruce Japsen writes, Trump is describing something very much like Obamacare, which he says is ?a disaster.? Trump?s words: ?[I]t?s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.?
This is why absolutely no one should listen to Trump, same useless bullshit as Sanders. Trump says it for shits, giggles and votes, Sanders is just literally that dumb and lost in the clouds imagining things that will never be.
__________________
Game over, man. Game over.
Reply With Quote
  #37058  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:21 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
You don't. You have to be someone tired of, and I hate to use the term, cuckservatives and RINOs who run around Washington playing their little games.

As for healthcare, you may wish to rethink Trump then.
It's unfair to refer to Trump's supporters as morons (and I'm sure I've done it before, because I can be a jerk--but it wasn't fair of me, I'll admit).

However, they do seem like people who let their emotions control them. They are angry, as you suggest. I don't necessarily sympathize with their stances on issues (socially, I'm pretty liberal), but I can understand why they're mad when the GOP largely ignores them or sweeps them under the rug.

They're angry enough that to them, it doesn't matter that the he idea of building a border wall and charging Mexico is absurd. It appeals to their long-standing resentment at being ignored, at being called crypto-Nazis and rednecks by an establishment that considers itself inclusive and tolerant. Trump knows this, and will exploit it as long as he can.

The big challenge facing the Democrats is the fact that nobody really likes their primary candidate. The big challenge facing the Republicans is that the party is deeply divided.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #37059  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,680
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

10 Signs You Might Be A Cuckservative


This civil war thing is hilarious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #37060  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
It's unfair to refer to Trump's supporters as morons (and I'm sure I've done it before, because I can be a jerk--but it wasn't fair of me, I'll admit).

However, they do seem like people who let their emotions control them. They are angry, as you suggest. I don't necessarily sympathize with their stances on issues (socially, I'm pretty liberal), but I can understand why they're mad when the GOP largely ignores them or sweeps them under the rug.

They're angry enough that to them, it doesn't matter that the he idea of building a border wall and charging Mexico is absurd. It appeals to their long-standing resentment at being ignored, at being called crypto-Nazis and rednecks by an establishment that considers itself inclusive and tolerant. Trump knows this, and will exploit it as long as he can.

The big challenge facing the Democrats is the fact that nobody really likes their primary candidate. The big challenge facing the Republicans is that the party is deeply divided.
Exactly. They might be idiots (some people just aren't very smart), but what they actually want isn't some crazy out of this world notion. You can boil it down pretty simply:

1. They want a secure border and for people who have come here illegally to be punished or returned to their country of origin.
2. They don't want our jobs sent over seas for cheap labor.
3. They don't want to make sure everything they say doesn't offend someone.

Those aren't crazy ideas. The crazy thing is that Trump is the only one saying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
10 Signs You Might Be A Cuckservative


This civil war thing is hilarious.
Do you think that article is wrong or right?
Reply With Quote
  #37061  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:50 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Exactly. They might be idiots (some people just aren't very smart), but what they actually want isn't some crazy out of this world notion. You can boil it down pretty simply:

1. They want a secure border and for people who have come here illegally to be punished or returned to their country of origin.
2. They don't want our jobs sent over seas for cheap labor.
3. They don't want to make sure everything they say doesn't offend someone.

Those aren't crazy ideas. The crazy thing is that Trump is the only one saying them.
I would argue that their fundamental motivations aren't crazy, though they've been ignored long enough that the expression ends up crazy.

Hasn't Obama deported far more illegal immigrants than Bush?
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #37062  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I would argue that their fundamental motivations aren't crazy, though they've been ignored long enough that the expression ends up crazy.

Hasn't Obama deported far more illegal immigrants than Bush?
Or the classic the only way the media notices is when they're crazy/radical.

I believe he has. I would need to look and find out for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #37063  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:57 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Or the classic the only way the media notices is when they're crazy/radical.

I believe he has. I would need to look and find out for sure.
If so, it fits with my idea that the frustration is more about being ignored and overlooked than actual immigration issues.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #37064  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
If so, it fits with my idea that the frustration is more about being ignored and overlooked than actual immigration issues.
It's a legitimate concern. A strong border helps keep a nation stable.
Reply With Quote
  #37065  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,680
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Do you think that article is wrong or right?
Yes. What type of answer do you want me to say, since you probably assume I have one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Last edited by Noitora; 09-28-2015 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37066  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Yes. What type of answer do you want me to say, since you probably assume I have one.
I agree with most of it's points as well. I just wasn't sure.
Reply With Quote
  #37067  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Yes. What type of answer do you want me to say, since you probably assume I have one.
It sounds like it was written by someone who frequents /pol/.


But I do agree with several of its points.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37068  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,680
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

What do you Republicans want? In all seriousness. Half of you think compromise is weakness. The other half thinks that sticking to your guns is madness.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #37069  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
What do you Republicans want? In all seriousness. Half of you think compromise is weakness. The other half thinks that sticking to your guns is madness.
Probably to be left alone.
Reply With Quote
  #37070  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:33 PM
ARM3481 ARM3481 is offline

Loremaster
ARM3481's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,532

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
What do you Republicans want? In all seriousness. Half of you think compromise is weakness. The other half thinks that sticking to your guns is madness.
It's symptomatic of compromise with Washington Democrats being used to attack whichever Republicans compromise.

See: Bush Sr. when he compromised on tax increases. The very Democrats with whom he compromised were among the first people to stab him in the back with it by reminding everyone that he'd said he wouldn't let them raise taxes.

When you give Washington Democrats something they want, their response is to paint you as a liar for doing it. Consequently, any attempt at compromise has come to be seen as an "in" for Democrats to turn the Republicans' own constituency against them.
Reply With Quote
  #37071  
Old 09-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

So basically, fuck the D.
__________________
Game over, man. Game over.
Reply With Quote
  #37072  
Old 09-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,680
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

No.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #37073  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:22 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
This is why absolutely no one should listen to Trump, same useless bullshit as Sanders. Trump says it for shits, giggles and votes, Sanders is just literally that dumb and lost in the clouds imagining things that will never be.
You mean like it never was in all those other countries that have free universal healthcare? Truly, we must have been "lost in the clouds" living a pipedream for about 45 years now.

And @ Trump supporters being dumb: they're "angry" the same way supporters of the extreme right here are "angry". They are controlled by base fears and ignorance, and are "angry that they're being ignored" the same way any destructive, dumb notion is ignored at a table of adults.

"Being ignored" does not validate base bigotry as a legitimate political stance.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.

Last edited by miffy23; 09-29-2015 at 02:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #37074  
Old 09-29-2015, 05:27 AM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
You mean like it never was in all those other countries that have free universal healthcare? Truly, we must have been "lost in the clouds" living a pipedream for about 45 years now.

And @ Trump supporters being dumb: they're "angry" the same way supporters of the extreme right here are "angry". They are controlled by base fears and ignorance, and are "angry that they're being ignored" the same way any destructive, dumb notion is ignored at a table of adults.

"Being ignored" does not validate base bigotry as a legitimate political stance.
You really are being classist. Most of the people who support someone like Trump are not always the richest or the most educated. But these are people who care for their country and want to make livable wages without being contested by those who break the system. It really is unbelievable how ignorant and bigoted you are to a class of people you deem lower than yourself. I'm not sure if you've ever been out of your ivory tower but many people in America do live in poverty. But I am not sure a classist bigot like you would understand what it's like to be poor in America. You really are ignorant to the suffering of many people, many of whom do the jobs that need to be done so classists like you can continue on with their blissfully ignorant existence. In short, stop being so bigoted to people who only want to secure a future for their children like those Syrians fleeing ISIS.
Reply With Quote
  #37075  
Old 09-29-2015, 05:34 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

This has nothing to do with education or "class". You're clueless if you think I deal in such terms.

There are many more uneducated or poor people that don't give in to childish fears and ignorance. And there are plenty of highly educated/wealthy people that champion it just the same.

Dumb bigotry is dumb bigotry. The end.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.