Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of these allied race combos would you prefer?
Vrykul (A)/MU Clans (H) 11 28.95%
Kul Tirans (A)/MU Clans (H) 16 42.11%
Kul Tirans (A)/AU Clans (H) 9 23.68%
Vrykul (A)/AU Clans (H) 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2017, 05:49 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Eugh. I hope they use MU clans, Au is a mistake
This. I think "Draenor Orcs" was more of a codename. Given how extremely unpopular WoD was and how clearly everyone, including Blizz, wants to forget about it, we likely get MU Clans who get updated with new skins or get the Draenor Clan skins. Mag'har, Blackrocks and Dragonmaw provide more than enough potential for customization.

Though I do wonder how they're gonna be implemented. They either could all be seperate races, or all rolled into one ("Allied Clans" or something like that); or it's just Mag'har and Dragonmaw (with Blackrocks being rolled into them, given how both Clans have black/grey skins).
Old 11-22-2017, 06:00 PM

Eternal

I dunno who suggested it, but this would be a perfect opportunity to bring back clans into the New Horde. Have certain orc types be part of certain clans with certain jobs.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:11 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I dunno who suggested it, but this would be a perfect opportunity to bring back clans into the New Horde. Have certain orc types be part of certain clans with certain jobs.
Zaela was the closest we got to that, and unfortunately she became yet another loss to WoD.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:25 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
This. I think "Draenor Orcs" was more of a codename. Given how extremely unpopular WoD was and how clearly everyone, including Blizz, wants to forget about it, we likely get MU Clans who get updated with new skins or get the Draenor Clan skins. Mag'har, Blackrocks and Dragonmaw provide more than enough potential for customization.

Though I do wonder how they're gonna be implemented. They either could all be seperate races, or all rolled into one ("Allied Clans" or something like that); or it's just Mag'har and Dragonmaw (with Blackrocks being rolled into them, given how both Clans have black/grey skins).
I hope so though black rock and dragonmaw merging would be neat I think it needs careful handling

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-22-2017, 08:32 PM

Eternal

The idea that these Allied Races have to be some fancy vaguely-new model with 4K HD ADDITIONS and not just updating some of the base models with new skins where appropriate is so amazingly idiotic that, of course, this is the only way we'd ever hope to see Mag'har or Blackrock orcs via some convoluted mess to make a story for no reason and when everyone would have been happy just getting more customization options.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:49 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Allied races is fine.

As long as they are the races i want.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:32 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

They would olymreally need to touch up the Dark Irons and the Zandalar, no? Everything else is either Legion new or just a variation on what we have with different skin tones.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-23-2017, 01:15 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
The idea that these Allied Races have to be some fancy vaguely-new model with 4K HD ADDITIONS and not just updating some of the base models with new skins where appropriate is so amazingly idiotic that, of course, this is the only way we'd ever hope to see Mag'har or Blackrock orcs via some convoluted mess to make a story for no reason and when everyone would have been happy just getting more customization options.
*looks at the Highmountain*

Uh... Derpius? Might wanna reconsider your stance there.

Also, I don't think the story bits are gonna be all that convoluted, getting some fresh blackrocks or mag'har would be a pretty straight forward questline.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-23-2017, 02:17 AM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
,Read, read, because this man speaks the truth.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Things like mag'har, blackrocks or dragonmaw should just be new skins. (Plus, allow us to change skins in the barber shop). I see no reason to add a questline to unlock a race that is just a skin change to an already available race, and would probably not even have its own unique classes.

Actually, there's a reason: make people pay for race-changes just so they can have some new skin.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-23-2017, 03:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Things like mag'har, blackrocks or dragonmaw should just be new skins. (Plus, allow us to change skins in the barber shop). I see no reason to add a questline to unlock a race that is just a skin change to an already available race, and would probably not even have its own unique classes.
Strongly disagree there. Blizzard has already proved with the Dark Irons etc. they can take something that is merely a different skin at the moment and differentiate it further so it is more than just a "different skin". And making the Blackrocks just a skin when they already are a different cultural group that could easily get unique customization options, voices, and heritage armor seems like a waste to me.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Zaela was the closest we got to that, and unfortunately she became yet another loss to WoD.
dragonmaw have a new leader Gorfax Angerfang.the leader of the Mag'har orc has to be Jorin Deadeye not only you would have brown skin orcs also development for the Bleeding Hollow clan
Old 11-23-2017, 06:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post

Cata wasn’t popular but we’re still getting Old God shit. Faction war is divisive but we’re still getting that shit. Pandas were popular but I doubt we’re getting that shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:13 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Cata wasn’t popular but we’re still getting Old God shit. Faction war is divisive but we’re still getting that shit. Pandas were popular but I doubt we’re getting that shit.
To be fair, it wasn't until MoP switched away from Pandas and into Faction War (5.1) and Mogu/Troll (5.2) that the expansion became more popular. It had bled a massive subs up to that point, featuring the mandatory "kung fu panda", "I hate dailies" and "pandas don't fit" threads that made Blizzard pretty much abandon the main protagonist race midway through MoP in favor of orcs and humans.
As for Orcish subraces, seeing as how even some people who hated Draenor still liked the orcish clan portrayal, I don't see Blizz potentially adding orc subraces as a bad decision altogether.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:29 AM

Banished

Knowing blizzards history in ressurecting old characters and making them relevant through "magic i duno lolz" i fully expect garrosh to be alive and that they will make him the maghar leader.

Last edited by Gurzog; 11-23-2017 at 07:33 AM..
Old 11-23-2017, 11:04 AM

Elune

Why wouldn’t it be Grom? Faction war, “redemption” arc, and Thrall.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:06 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Races I see being playable as an Allied Race are -

Alliance:
Wildhammer
Frostborn
Krokul/Broken
Vrykul
Jinyu
Furbolg
Titanforged
Stir-crazy but less adled Leper Gnomes
Man'ari Eredar renegades (Original Eredar-fantasy with the option of being Demon Hunters and Warlocks)
Night Elf Worgen (Original Worgen)
High Elf ( They run out of ideas )

Horde:
Mag'har
Blackrock
Dragonmaw (Option of being Illidari Demon Hunters)
Taunka
Yaungol
Naga (I just cannot see Naga what so ever being on the Alliance)
Tuskarr (Will need some Lore bending)
Forest Trolls (Revantusk)
Sand Trolls
Drakkari
Forsaken Elves

Last edited by Melorandor; 11-25-2017 at 11:12 PM..
Old 11-26-2017, 01:33 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

If the Illidari Slayer is canonically a night elf, I could see Illidari Naga join the Alliance. (But I doubt that they will ever be playable. Sorry, but the mount-wrap solution does not convince me.)

And if we ever encounter living dark trolls, those could also join the Alliance.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:03 AM

Elune

Why would being a night elf want to make the naga join the alliance? Both factions have races that hate them, and blood elves get along better with them.

Demon hunters require more animation than death knights, so I really doubt we’ll see any new race options.

While it’s possible that they’ll use allied races to add more class options, so far the theme seems to be restricting what they can be compared to the main races because fantasy.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-26-2017, 05:19 AM

Arch-Druid

There's this straw poll someone in the official forums made:

http://www.strawpoll.me/14392171

Guess who are the most popular options...

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-26-2017, 05:31 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Why would being a night elf want to make the naga join the alliance? Both factions have races that hate them, and blood elves get along better with them.

Demon hunters require more animation than death knights, so I really doubt we’ll see any new race options.

While it’s possible that they’ll use allied races to add more class options, so far the theme seems to be restricting what they can be compared to the main races because fantasy.
Because they may be more willing to follow their leader than blood elves they've had no contact with?
Old 11-26-2017, 07:12 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:

Biased.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:50 AM

Eternal

I was thinking - with allied races not being full races, I could see them adding some that have a no-mount feature.

For example, Alliance Tol'vir and Horde Naga, where the ground mount is them running and slithering respectively, and flying is sprouting those wings we see on tol'vir, and some oldgody wing thing for Naga, or a custom couatl tail wrap mount.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:57 AM

Banished

Quote:

Official forums doesnt make it official.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:32 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

While there's no reason we couldn't have both, the more and more I think of it the more I believe that if I had to choose between mag'har orcs and mok'nathal, I'd rather have mok'nathal. It began because I saw symmetry between them and the burly Kul'tirans, who I imagine are some combination of humans and their ancestors (vrykul) just like mok'nathal are combinations of orcs and ogres.

Mok'nathal do have a somewhat distinct culture from the orcs, being far more focused on individualism, survivalism and hunting, because I do think that an allied race's intro questing experience should give us some information on their unnique culture and what sets them apart from their "parent" race. And unless you're inducting WoD orcs into the Horde, the non-corrupted Mag'har orcs don't have a distinct culture from regular green skin orcs after Thrall's reforms.

Tags
brace yourselves, drunk thread, eredar attaque, lordaeron is coming, races, warcraft, world of warcraft