Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2576  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
Wow, stay safe. Sorry to hear about that.
Thanks, dest! It's all okey now. More or less.

But the thing that made us (Tucumanians) sick was the fact that the National Government was celebrating 30 years of democratic Argentina with fireworks and fanfare. They were eating salmon and drinking champagne in Casa Rosada (our "White House") while we were protecting our homes from thieves and looters and while the provincial government was repressing civilians protesters (who were looting victims).

An image to ilustrate:

__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #2577  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I have heard that some guys prefer smaller breasts.
Reply With Quote
  #2578  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
/brofist
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #2579  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
/brofist
It's not that some nice boobs aren't attractive or something, it's just that I sooner fall for girls who don't really have... much.


EDIT: Awh well, face is the most important part anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #2580  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
It's not that some nice boobs aren't attractive or something, it's just that I sooner fall for girls who don't really have... much.


EDIT: Awh well, face is the most important part anyways.
The person itself is the most important part, young one. Finding that one usually involves getting close to them due to their looks ofc.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #2581  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
The person itself is the most important part, young one. Finding that one usually involves getting close to them due to their looks ofc.
Of course! Fully agreed.
Reply With Quote
  #2582  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

What you don't want is a woman with small breasts necessarily, but a woman with low self esteem. That way you can convince her to get bigger ones easily.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2583  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
What you don't want is a woman with small breasts necessarily, but a woman with low self esteem. That way you can convince her to get bigger ones easily.
Some of us prefer the real deal. Some of us aren't getting hardons for cyborgs.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #2584  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:07 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,223

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Thanks! It's all quiet now. The people is returning to their workplaces, trying to rebuild what they can.

It's very sad. I still don't know how this happened. It was like a western/zombie apocalypse. There were barricades in the neighbourhoods trying to protect us from the HORDES of motorized looters.
Yeah, that really, really sucks and I too don't know how things get so bad.

In fact I'd expect things to turn bad here given how shitty life has become yet everything is peaceful, but with a pervasive feeling of silent despair and decay.

I guess there are no rules to these things
Reply With Quote
  #2585  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Some of us prefer the real deal. Some of us aren't getting hardons for cyborgs.
I dislike cyborgs too.
Reply With Quote
  #2586  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Yeah, that really, really sucks and I too don't know how things get so bad.

In fact I'd expect things to turn bad here given how shitty life has become yet everything is peaceful, but with a pervasive feeling of silent despair and decay.

I guess there are no rules to these things
Yeah, I guess so. I couldn't stop thinking of the expresion: "Homo homini lupus."
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #2587  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Yeah, I guess so. I couldn't stop thinking of the expresion: "Homo homini lupus."
Werewolves?
Reply With Quote
  #2588  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:26 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,223

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Yeah, I guess so. I couldn't stop thinking of the expresion: "Homo homini lupus."
Heh, we have that expression in Serbia as well. I didn't know it had Latin roots.
Reply With Quote
  #2589  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Heh, we have that expression in Serbia as well. I didn't know it had Latin roots.
Look at the phrase one more time C9. it's quite obvious.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #2590  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:32 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Yeah, that really, really sucks and I too don't know how things get so bad.

In fact I'd expect things to turn bad here given how shitty life has become yet everything is peaceful, but with a pervasive feeling of silent despair and decay.

I guess there are no rules to these things
Sadly, when things go bad they often turn very suddenly. Things always seem fine right up until the moment it starts. The causes are obvious in retrospect, but it's not in human nature to see.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #2591  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:40 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,223

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Look at the phrase one more time C9. it's quite obvious.
How would it be obvious if the phrase was translated and I never heard the original until now?
Reply With Quote
  #2592  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
How would it be obvious if the phrase was translated and I never heard the original until now?
Ah, it was translated. I read your post as if you heard the latin phrase but didn't realise it was latin. no wonder I got confused as it made no sense.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #2593  
Old 12-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Heh, we have that expression in Serbia as well. I didn't know it had Latin roots.
It was made popular by Hobbes, but its Roman in origin (of course).
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #2594  
Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Lord Eliphas Lord Eliphas is offline

Eternal
Lord Eliphas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Eye of Terror
Posts: 4,639

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Thanks, dest! It's all okey now. More or less.

But the thing that made us (Tucumanians) sick was the fact that the National Government was celebrating 30 years of democratic Argentina with fireworks and fanfare. They were eating salmon and drinking champagne in Casa Rosada (our "White House") while we were protecting our homes from thieves and looters and while the provincial government was repressing civilians protesters (who were looting victims).

An image to ilustrate:

And..this is suppose to be the democratic government that refused to fully end the Dirty War or fully convict the criminals of the Dirty War?

This is not surprisingly, but I wish you guys strengthen in taking down the corrupt of your government. Also stay safe.
__________________
"Yeah, a sheltered and overly idealistic son of an absolutist monarch, set to inherit the whole nation and continue to rule it as an autocrat.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Reply With Quote
  #2595  
Old 12-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
And..this is suppose to be the democratic government that refused to fully end the Dirty War or fully convict the criminals of the Dirty War?
Well... The present Kirchnerite government (which has been in power for 10 years) re-started the judgements against the military who participated in the Dirty War, but they didn't judge the Montoneros (the leftist guerrilla) because they sai that the guerrilla crimes were criminal, in other words, prescriptible. The crimes made by the military were crimes against the humanity and as a result imprescriptible.

The generals and lieutenants are still being judge, because the laws of amnesty were dubbed unconstitutional in 2005. But, in the other hand, you have Montonero's that killed people working for the government and free.

The present government wants to put all guilt of the Dirty War in the military, and glorifies the guerrilla (when it was their fault that the democratic government was overthrow by the military in the middle of popular acclaim).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
This is not surprisingly, but I wish you guys strengthen in taking down the corrupt of your government. Also stay safe.
Thanks! It's all tranquil and quiet now. But the people is very angry and there were 20.000 protesters today in front of the provincial House of Government.

And, of course, Tucumanians are very angry against the President CFK and her allies: they were celebrating and dancing while we were protecting our houses from looters and thieves, with 4 deads and tens of injured.
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #2596  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:15 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

With all this talk about NK these days, I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff they could find in their concentration camps would put the Holocaust to shame.
Reply With Quote
  #2597  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:44 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,223

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
With all this talk about NK these days, I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff they could find in their concentration camps would put the Holocaust to shame.
Since they're doing it to their own people I don't find it nearly as abhorrent as when you try to wipe out another people for being different or just inconveniencing you. That is why I don't think it compares to Nazi and similar genocides all over Europe.

And while defector reports can be grueling I am not inclined to believe in this 100% after I've read what kind of nonsense was sold by the US media and bought by the people about Serbia in the 90s.
It is likely we will only know the truth when we finally witness the aftermath, when it is all over.
Reply With Quote
  #2598  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:25 AM
EdWunclerIII EdWunclerIII is offline

Arch-Druid
EdWunclerIII's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 1,984
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Since they're doing it to their own people I don't find it nearly as abhorrent as when you try to wipe out another people for being different or just inconveniencing you. That is why I don't think it compares to Nazi and similar genocides all over Europe.

And while defector reports can be grueling I am not inclined to believe in this 100% after I've read what kind of nonsense was sold by the US media and bought by the people about Serbia in the 90s.
It is likely we will only know the truth when we finally witness the aftermath, when it is all over.
Basically this. It's gruesome, there's no denying that. But topping Holocaust levels is going to be difficult to say the least.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
LORE! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #2599  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
Basically this. It's gruesome, there's no denying that. But topping Holocaust levels is going to be difficult to say the least.
Indeed.

If anything, it's more comparable to the Stalin-Era Soviet Union; Purges of enemies, real or imagined. The people starving. Corruption from the top down.

I'm just waiting for it all to explode (and it will) and only hope that, when it does, South Korea and the US can keep a lid on it getting out of control. Because if North Korea fires a nuke, even a shitty one (as if they have any other kind...), we're seriously at risk of WW3.
Reply With Quote
  #2600  
Old 12-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Chef Chef is offline

Arch-Druid
Chef's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Your kitchen
Posts: 1,848

Default

So there was a failed coup attempt in South Sudan.

Congratulations, South Sudan, you're officially an African country now!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.