Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2016, 04:57 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterboy
I am not a patient person by nature Ruin, and you've already crossed a line tonight, I want your response.

I'm dead serious about this.
Ahahahahahahahaha.

Mutter trying to play Internet tough guy, my fucking sides.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:03 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Ahahahahahahahaha.

Mutter trying to play Internet tough guy, my fucking sides.
Nah, he'd need to post threats for that.
Member #14
Old 12-07-2016, 05:05 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
And they shall call it the Pax Anansi. Good night, everyone.
Hell no, go fuck yourself.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-07-2016, 05:14 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Nah, he'd need to post threats for that.
I don't really class demanding an apology as acting tough tbh, no doubt we've all done it irl and there doesn't have to be anything hostile about it.

I'm with Royal Pimp tbh, people are too ready to jump at others because of different mindsets which there's nothing inherently wrong with.
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
Old 12-07-2016, 09:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
I fall more under the conservative umbrella than anything else but I can't really understand the complaining about Mutters. I mean, I agree he gets a little self righteous and disagree with some of the things he says, but overall he's seemed over the years a lot more willing to be civil and engage in proper discussion(as in proper discussion, not the strawmaning shit that goes on around here way too often) than the more conservative side. Not saying Mutters and the more liberal side haven't had their share of dickery, overall, but I can't help but scratch my head when I see complaining about Mutters in threads where he wasn't actively posting at the time, or him being called a retard, or uncivil and unwilling to listen(and usually by people who have no place to complain about others being uncivil or not being willing to listen). Oh and calling him sensitive because he's bothered by things others say(minor or otherwise), which is something I agree with, and then complaining about minor shit he or other liberals say without realizing they're being just as thin skinned needlessly.
Like, for fuck's sake I'm with the conservatives more, and I actually genuinely enjoy the more conservative posters(like Hammer, Frost, Hlaalu* etc.) but a little self awareness won't kill anyone, I promise.
Just wanted to say this because it's been bothering me a bit and I'm a bit surprised that I'm seemingly the only one who thinks this.

*This post overall doesn't apply to you, just wanted to note my appreciation.
And I voted for Clinton and agree with some liberal things and get along with most other people. There has been conservative posters that hate when I post about economics or foreign policy but love it when I criticize feminism because they are MRAs but I criticize feminism for entirely different reasons than they do. The left and right dichotomy is really stupid. I thought Mutterscrawl was a nice guy but he really is just an asshole. If enough people tell him this maybe he can adopt some self-awareness because despite what you may think self-awareness isn't just a function of how someone agrees with you specifically regardless of where you put yourself on a linear oversimplification of all of the world's issues.

Mutterscrawl takes it personal and takes it out on other people personally and he will double down on this. He doesn't try to understand the people he is arguing with. He treats other people that are trying to explain things to him like they are trying to trick him instead of people with a different view of the world. You can't find a mutual agreement when from the get-go you try to invalidate other people's position with reasoning that only makes sense to you. Mutterscrawl isn't this poor defenseless baby that never did anything wrong. He deserves the scorn he has earned over the years. This is what bothers me. I can get along with many of the other posters just fine.

Do I need to throw a couple of snide condescending sarcasm in here? How about a couple of 'lols' for being too cool for the other posters? Isn't that how we post on this forum after we try to play the impartial above it all poster and when someone calls us out on it?
Old 12-07-2016, 09:33 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
I don't really class demanding an apology as acting tough tbh, no doubt we've all done it irl and there doesn't have to be anything hostile about it.

I'm with Royal Pimp tbh, people are too ready to jump at others because of different mindsets which there's nothing inherently wrong with.
I was asking him to remove a link, not apologize, but thanks

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-07-2016, 09:38 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I was asking him to remove a link, not apologize, but thanks
You still came across like a massive cunt.

But that shouldn't suprise anyone.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:49 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
. I thought Mutterscrawl was a nice guy but he really is just an asshole.

If enough people tell him this maybe he can adopt some self-awareness because despite what you may think self-awareness isn't just a function of how someone agrees with you specifically regardless of where you put yourself on a linear oversimplification of all of the world's issues.

Mutterscrawl takes it personal and takes it out on other people personally and he will double down on this. He doesn't try to understand the people he is arguing with. He treats other people that are trying to explain things to him like they are trying to trick him instead of people with a different view of the world. You can't find a mutual agreement when from the get-go you try to invalidate other people's position with reasoning that only makes sense to you. Mutterscrawl isn't this poor defenseless baby that never did anything wrong. He deserves the scorn he has earned over the years. This is what bothers me. I can get along with many of the other posters just fine.

Do I need to throw a couple of snide condescending sarcasm in here? How about a couple of 'lols' for being too cool for the other posters? Isn't that how we post on this forum after we try to play the impartial above it all poster and when someone calls us out on it?
1. I have made every effort to apologize and be civil with you since our last big fight and you don't care.

2. I find it hypocritical of you to talk about oversimplifying the worlds issues

3. You have attacked me personally repeatedly over the past few days, and you are doing it again now

4. You have repeatedly lied about what I do and believe, you are doing so now

5. So what if you get along with other people? I get along with other people too, that doesn't mean anything

6.why not? Youve already been doing those things to me even when I don't do anything to you

You said you were going to put me on ignore yet here you are again, trying to scream about me because other people dont hate me enough for your liking

My Worldbuilding:
Old 12-07-2016, 09:49 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Why doesnt people read articles anymore? just the title? Been curious about it for some time, I have noted myself doing it. There is alot of prejudice involved, and you become less intelligent. You just like accept things or have prejudice against it and think "This stupid shit"

why is that?

Also how do i increase my Ehm.... Ability to understand scientific tests and such?

Last edited by Gurzog; 12-07-2016 at 09:52 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 10:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
I do owe Ruin an apology though, I went back through the older posts and he's been pretty fair with me, I don't like him, but I was wrong.
What!

That is unacceptable Mutters. Everyone needs to like me. I'm kind of awesome.

But FWIW, sorry.

Quote:
You still came across like a massive cunt.
To be fair, I'm kind of an ass.

Counter point... Also one of my best qualities.

I'm fucking adorable, fam.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:28 PM

Eternal

Quote:
And I voted for Clinton and agree with some liberal things and get along with most other people. There has been conservative posters that hate when I post about economics or foreign policy but love it when I criticize feminism because they are MRAs but I criticize feminism for entirely different reasons than they do. The left and right dichotomy is really stupid. I thought Mutterscrawl was a nice guy but he really is just an asshole. If enough people tell him this maybe he can adopt some self-awareness because despite what you may think self-awareness isn't just a function of how someone agrees with you specifically regardless of where you put yourself on a linear oversimplification of all of the world's issues.

I mentioned me being more on the conservative side because I was sure people would take me for a whinny leftist that was bashing the ‘other side’ or whatever. Probably didn’t help much heh.

I disagree with your opinion on Mutters quite a lot. I’m not saying he hasn’t had his moments over the years, and he does take some things a bit personally, but he’s overall been much more civil and open for discussion than you give him credit for. And sorry but a lot of the things you just said about him apply to you so much more that for half a second I wasn’t sure if you were serious or not. You’ve made it a habit of being snide and dismissive of others you don’t like or agree with, Mutters in particular lately, and often play the victim because of some, in my eyes at least, imaginary offense or another. You’re actually one of the main reasons why I even felt like making that post because you really seem to put considerable feeling into criticizing Mutters and it just makes me wonder me a little how you don’t see any irony in it.

Also I'm not trying to pretend to be above others or whatever, it's just that this Mutters bashing has been going on for a long time, albeit with periods of 'peace', and it's hypocritical and getting really old.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
I mentioned me being more on the conservative side because I was sure people would take me for a whinny leftist that was bashing the ‘other side’ or whatever. Probably didn’t help much heh.

I disagree with your opinion on Mutters quite a lot. I’m not saying he hasn’t had his moments over the years, and he does take some things a bit personally, but he’s overall been much more civil and open for discussion than you give him credit for. And sorry but a lot of the things you just said about him apply to you so much more that for half a second I wasn’t sure if you were serious or not. You’ve made it a habit of being snide and dismissive of others you don’t like or agree with, Mutters in particular lately, and often play the victim because of some, in my eyes at least, imaginary offense or another. You’re actually one of the main reasons why I even felt like making that post because you really seem to put considerable feeling into criticizing Mutters and it just makes me wonder me a little how you don’t see any irony in it.

Also I'm not trying to pretend to be above others or whatever, it's just that this Mutters bashing has been going on for a long time, albeit with periods of 'peace', and it's hypocritical and getting really old.
It was a fraudulent claim of impartiality because conservative is a meaningless buzzword.

I know you made it because of me. You have done it before so I am going to defend myself. I don't need your support or validation. Mutterscrawl isn't the innocent victim you are painting him as. You misjudge his character. I don't want to give him anymore chances because he always turns it around. You don't like the way I talk to people or what I say than that is your prerogative. There are plenty of people willing to listen that don't get all butt hurt when you disagree with them or make some mild comment. This isn't a reason for me to grovel or anything because calling me a hypocrite doesn't mean I have to stop talking. It is a fairly generic and meaningless word that doesn't address what I am saying because it just wants me to shut up. You can call everyone a hypocrite if you really wanted to. Where is your introspection and reflection?

I think it would actually be better if instead of trying to tell other people why they shouldn't be able to express their opinions would be contributing to the discussion. Tone policing and figuring out ways why other people's expression of thought doesn't count is a fruitless exercise because it rewards people who can be offended by stuff because they no longer have to reflect on anything they believe in. You think a progressive tax is good policy then say why it is. Don't get offended because someone accused its supporters of being envious of people with more money than them and ignore the details.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:01 PM

Eternal

Quote:
It was a fraudulent claim of impartiality because conservative is a meaningless buzzword.

I know you made it because of me. You have done it before so I am going to defend myself. I don't need your support or validation. Mutterscrawl isn't the innocent victim you are painting him as. You misjudge his character. I don't want to give him anymore chances because he always turns it around. You don't like the way I talk to people or what I say than that is your prerogative. There are plenty of people willing to listen that don't get all butt hurt when you disagree with them or make some mild comment. This isn't a reason for me to grovel or anything because calling me a hypocrite doesn't mean I have to stop talking. It is a fairly generic and meaningless word that doesn't address what I am saying because it just wants me to shut up. You can call everyone a hypocrite if you really wanted to. Where is your introspection and reflection?

I think it would actually be better if instead of trying to tell other people why they shouldn't be able to express their opinions would be contributing to the discussion. Tone policing and figuring out ways why other people's expression of thought doesn't count is a fruitless exercise because it rewards people who can be offended by stuff because they no longer have to reflect on anything they believe in. You think a progressive tax is good policy then say why it is. Don't get offended because someone accused its supporters of being envious of people with more money than them and ignore the details.
Not really, it's just that there's a big 'us vs them' thing going on on these forums these days and I was trying to reassure that I wasn't just bashing because of ideological differences. No need to look so into it.

I never said you or anyone needed my validation or that you needed to 'grovel'. There's no intent of shutting people down, or telling people what to do, or tone policing(what even is that?), and I'm not personally offended or anything of the sort. I was merely expressing my opinion mostly to 'vent' because I think it's unfair to Mutters how he's been treated for some time, and that those mistreating him are usually no better. Treat that opinion as an attack or whatever if you want, but it's not meant as that. I also know he's not perfect but I believe that I have a pretty good picture of how he is after years of reading these forums. And I'm not sure what you mean about my introspection and reflection, and that bit about hypocrisy? Are you implying I myself am a hypocrite somehow? Please elaborate.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:32 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
I thought Mutterscrawl was a nice guy but he really is just an asshole. If enough people tell him this maybe he can adopt some self-awareness
He's really not and that's not how ANYBODY works.

If you really think Skytotem's an asshole, the way to get him to not be an asshole is to call him out whenever you think he's being an asshole and explain why you think that. Another key step is to acknowledge and reciprocate his overtures of peace whenever he offers them. That said...

Quote:
1. I have made every effort to apologize and be civil with you since our last big fight and you don't care.

You said you were going to put me on ignore yet here you are again, trying to scream about me because other people dont hate me enough for your liking
There is a contradiction in this post.
Quote:
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:48 PM

World Builder

Quote:

That said...

There is a contradiction in this post.
You're right, I was uncivil there.

I am sorry Pajamasalad for making you feel like I don't care about your opinions and for portraying you as screaming and wanting people to hate me in my last post, that was out of line, and vindictive of me.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 12-07-2016 at 02:55 PM..
Old 12-07-2016, 03:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

I want to go to beeeed.

But I have to finish my analysis of an article on Social Network Fatigue for tomorrows seminar.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:32 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I want to go to beeeed.

But I have to finish my analysis of an article on Social Network Fatigue for tomorrows seminar.
Sounds fascinating, link?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 12-07-2016, 03:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Also how do i increase my Ehm.... Ability to understand scientific tests and such?
Read the text, look up what you don't understand, repeat. Most of the work is now done in languages like French, English, Japanese, and Russian. Here's one about sexual health.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
Sounds fascinating, link?
It was given to me as a PDF. I'm sure sci-hub ought to have it, though.

Information and communication technology overload and social networking service fatigue: A stress perspective by Ae Ri Lee, Soo-Min Son & Kyung Kyu Kim. Yonsei University, Seoul, 2015.

Edit: Indeed.

http://sci-hub.cc/10.1016/j.chb.2015.08.011
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
He's really not and that's not how ANYBODY works.

If you really think Skytotem's an asshole, the way to get him to not be an asshole is to call him out whenever you think he's being an asshole and explain why you think that. Another key step is to acknowledge and reciprocate his overtures of peace whenever he offers them. That said...
I think it is best if I just ignore him for now.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
I feel like I'm expected to be a doormat with the way people treat me around here and I'm getting a bit tired of it.

I have met insult and condescension with civility and I am derided for it.
For what it is worth, I appreciate your attempts to be civil and you respond to criticism and try to change more than most anyone here.

A little bit of civility and kindness is probably never a bad thing. And yeah all of us as posters can slip up and say stupid shit but it is important that we always get up after that and try to keep a level of decorum here. I am really disappointed by the level of discourse on this forum lately. Too much personal bashing and polarization, it is crowding out better discussions for repetitive politicking.
I've said it before but we are a small forum so what is the point of being an asshole? We are just a handful of people here so lets remember that behind every computer is a person. Lets try to be civil and constructive and if someone wants mindlessly to rage or spam go to 4chan or something.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Did all this start because Kakwattitude decided to take a shot at Ruin for something silly?
Old 12-07-2016, 05:58 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Did all this start because Kakwattitude decided to take a shot at Ruin for something silly?
Yeah, homeschooling.
Quote:
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, homeschooling.
Well, no.

I think it more started when PJ called Mutters my pet liberal and I responded passive aggressively
Old 12-07-2016, 06:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Well, no.

I think it more started when PJ called Mutters my pet liberal.
Don't blame meeeeeeeeee!

Tags
realspace, spam thread 3.1