Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2016, 12:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

On the bright side, I'm Emperor Now.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:20 AM

Elune

Right, finally getting down to replaying this. Mostly for the story since we're in Star Wars season with Rogue One.

The last time that I played, I had Battle of Ilum sat in my quest log. What content do I need to do to get all of the plot? I finished the first Rakghoul instance when it came out, but I think they put out an Ord Mantell follow up? When I was a subscriber I had the quest for the HK droid but that seems to have vanished from my log well. Keep in mind this was about five years ago.

Once I've done Ilum/Rakghoul, is it straight onto Rise of the Hutt Cartel?
Old 12-20-2016, 07:40 AM

Elune

Yes, then you have Revan, and Knights. If you are going to want to see the entire story.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:55 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Right, finally getting down to replaying this. Mostly for the story since we're in Star Wars season with Rogue One.

The last time that I played, I had Battle of Ilum sat in my quest log. What content do I need to do to get all of the plot? I finished the first Rakghoul instance when it came out, but I think they put out an Ord Mantell follow up? When I was a subscriber I had the quest for the HK droid but that seems to have vanished from my log well. Keep in mind this was about five years ago.

Once I've done Ilum/Rakghoul, is it straight onto Rise of the Hutt Cartel?
Here you go fam:

Old 12-20-2016, 08:08 AM

Elune

<3

That's a big chart.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:10 AM

Elune

For you.

Last time I played was even before the Hutt content. Apparently the Emperor was a human in another galaxy and now comes back with his sons to conquer and I have no idea what is going on.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:30 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
<3

That's a big chart.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:47 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
For you.

Last time I played was even before the Hutt content. Apparently the Emperor was a human in another galaxy and now comes back with his sons to conquer and I have no idea what is going on.
Play it and you will understand.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Play it and you will understand.
I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, especially Vaylin. Well except the horrible voice acting. She's hilarious when she hams it up with the joyful murderous girl act but when she shouts/screams it's like being assaulted by a harpy. Vitiate's cool too, didn't expect this development for him.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:12 PM

Banished

OK I came back for the game after a long break, while I still like some of the decor/mount and the new story chapter, the overall game setting is wayyy too outdated, especially the LFG system. I'm gonna walk out after this month to wait for new story.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 06-21-2017 at 03:32 PM..
Old 06-21-2017, 10:58 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
OK I came back for the game after a long break, while I still like some of the decor/mount and the new story chapter, the overall game setting is wayyy too outdated, especially the LFG system. I'm gonna walk out after this month to wait for new story.
I don't hate the current story but I don't love it either. I just really hope the next expansion drops this Alliance/Emperor nonsense and goes back to Republic vs Empire like it should be. I realize they couldn't have possibly kept it Pub v Imp forever but after three straight expansions of external threats it's time for them to start fighting again. Some of the letters seem to imply it's going that way but with EA you never know. You don't make a Star Wars game where both have a strong presence in the galaxy and not make it about them fighting. Not to mention in a time period where Jedi and Sith both exist in relatively large numbers. It'd be just stupid not to.

Anyway, I pretty much only PvP in TOR with some RP here and there. Despite BW's efforts to fuck it up I think TOR has the second best PvP on the market after GW2. Galactic Starfighter can be fun too, but it can take a while to pop depending on server. Republic actually wins a good amount too, unlike Alliance.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:30 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
I don't hate the current story but I don't love it either. I just really hope the next expansion drops this Alliance/Emperor nonsense and goes back to Republic vs Empire like it should be. I realize they couldn't have possibly kept it Pub v Imp forever but after three straight expansions of external threats it's time for them to start fighting again. Some of the letters seem to imply it's going that way but with EA you never know. You don't make a Star Wars game where both have a strong presence in the galaxy and not make it about them fighting. Not to mention in a time period where Jedi and Sith both exist in relatively large numbers. It'd be just stupid not to.

Anyway, I pretty much only PvP in TOR with some RP here and there. Despite BW's efforts to fuck it up I think TOR has the second best PvP on the market after GW2. Galactic Starfighter can be fun too, but it can take a while to pop depending on server. Republic actually wins a good amount too, unlike Alliance.
It is going back to Republic VS Empire now, you got to pick side in the new story.

How is my Stronghold?
Old 06-25-2017, 10:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It is going back to Republic VS Empire now, you got to pick side in the new story.

How is my Stronghold?
Stronghold looks good.

And yea I'd like to hope it's going back to Rep v Emp, especially seeing as it seems like Acina is about to make a power play but you never know with EA. The only thing is they'd need to cook up some crap about losing the throne in order to make it a fair fight, so we'll see.

That said, a two year break from TOR did me a world of good. I've pretty much lost all desire to play GW2, I don't do much in WoW these days, and BDO didn't hold my interest for long so TOR is my main MMO for now. Everything is nice and fresh again, so I foresee myself sticking around at least a month or two.

It's also really just kind of a blessing how TOR doesn't have any cross-server queues. As much as it would speed up queues for sure, it's nice going into a warzone and often knowing if my team will be good or not.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:24 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Stronghold looks good.

And yea I'd like to hope it's going back to Rep v Emp, especially seeing as it seems like Acina is about to make a power play but you never know with EA. The only thing is they'd need to cook up some crap about losing the throne in order to make it a fair fight, so we'll see.

That said, a two year break from TOR did me a world of good. I've pretty much lost all desire to play GW2, I don't do much in WoW these days, and BDO didn't hold my interest for long so TOR is my main MMO for now. Everything is nice and fresh again, so I foresee myself sticking around at least a month or two.

It's also really just kind of a blessing how TOR doesn't have any cross-server queues. As much as it would speed up queues for sure, it's nice going into a warzone and often knowing if my team will be good or not.
TOR got good story, but it really needs to improve the game system.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:13 PM

Banished

Old 07-05-2017, 09:24 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

What are the odds, they'll try to weave the story into the new canon?
Old 07-05-2017, 09:37 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
What are the odds, they'll try to weave the story into the new canon?
Not likely, since the classes don't even have canon path yet.

I still play the game but simply for mount collection/stronghold decor and story.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:05 PM

Banished

FINALLY, Lana customization!
Old 07-11-2017, 02:17 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

What is Princess Zelda doing in Star Wars?
Member #14
Old 07-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
What is Princess Zelda doing in Star Wars?
Dress is more jaina than zelda, zelda has a pink dress. but jaina has more of a purple one
Old 07-11-2017, 06:03 PM

Banished

It looks damn amazing when she drew out her red lightsaber in this white dress.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:00 PM

Banished

Finally got it after 2 weeks of farm!

After 2 weeks of farm. I also got

my command rank from 50+ to 119

around 1085 gamble coins and 31 Kingpin coins

around 10 Prismatic Mewvorr

5 Rakata Palm Tree Decor

2 K-7 Command Walkers.

Don't try it unless you are super lucky or have strong persistence!
Old 07-21-2017, 04:23 PM

Banished

Made some changes to my SH again, made the main room purely Sith themed and brought the Kephess statue to pair with TFB.

Also the stairs
Old 07-24-2017, 11:43 PM

Banished

Planet Holo+ some model pets

The ancient threat decor really worked greatly with my Sith statues.

Look from outside

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 07-24-2017 at 11:46 PM..
Old 07-26-2017, 10:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Stronghold looks nice.

I should really get around to making one now that I'm starting to find RP partners but I've been too focused on gearing lately. Hit 300 command rank and grinding those dumb boxes. Finally finished all the current story and while I overall enjoyed it, I do hope it goes back to mostly being about Pub v Imp as I said before. Not sure how the fuck they'll deal with the whole choice you make during the Iokath storyline though. One of those two being dead has got to seriously mess up things.

Lately though I've been doing nothing but wz's and GSF with the occasional pve. Always was good at the former but now I'm starting to get really good at the latter after the past three weeks of doing it. It's pretty damn fun too, even in a losing match.

Tags
eye of kilrog, mmos, star trek, star wars