Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 12:53 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
(I don't agree with those who say they should have a bipedal form).
Those that would suggest such sacrilege are heretics, worthy of neither pity nor mercy.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:18 AM

Sentinel Queen

If we do get playable naga, how do you think their starting zone will lead to them joining us?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:05 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I finally remembered why I was initially drawn to the naga. They (especially their structures and murloc slaves) reminded me of Warhammer's Lizardmen, one of my favourite Warhammer factions.
Did you mean Zandalari?

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 08-12-2017, 11:07 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
Did you mean Zandalari?
Near as I can tell, the only instance of Trolls engaging in slavery was the Forest Trolls of Kezan enslaving the local Goblin population before the Kajamite granted them intelligence and allowed them to turn the tables on their slavemasters. I don't know that there's any evidence the Trolls ever interacted with the Murlocs very much. Or the Naga, for that matter.

Certainly, the Darkspear have a lot of bad blood with the Naga, given that the latter were ostensibly responsible for slipping their old islands under the waves, and their ancient ancestors would have fought with the precursors of the Naga some ten thousand years ago, but I don't know that the Trolls have had many interactions with the Naga since then.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:27 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Near as I can tell, the only instance of Trolls engaging in slavery was the Forest Trolls of Kezan enslaving the local Goblin population before the Kajamite granted them intelligence and allowed them to turn the tables on their slavemasters. I don't know that there's any evidence the Trolls ever interacted with the Murlocs very much. Or the Naga, for that matter.

Certainly, the Darkspear have a lot of bad blood with the Naga, given that the latter were ostensibly responsible for slipping their old islands under the waves, and their ancient ancestors would have fought with the precursors of the Naga some ten thousand years ago, but I don't know that the Trolls have had many interactions with the Naga since then.
Forest Trolls of Kezan? Weren't they Zandalari? Or Gurubashi/Jungle/Island trolls?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-12-2017, 11:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Forest Trolls of Kezan? Weren't they Zandalari? Or Gurubashi/Jungle/Island trolls?
I think they're Zandalari as of Chronicle.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:47 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Quote:

lol I was referring to the Zandalari being the WoW equivalent of Lizardmen

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:33 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Admittedly, it's been a while since I played through the Goblin starting zone, but I remember the Trolls of the island using the Amani model. I could definitely see it as either that being a mistake, just a model reuse, or a failure of my own memory, mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
lol I was referring to the Zandalari being the WoW equivalent of Lizardmen
Well, the Lizardmen are the objectively best faction of Warhammer Fantasy, so I can see it.

But given that this is the Naga thread, I'd thought I'd bring things back around to the topic of the Naga, and how I don't actually recall whether we've seen the Trolls interacting with them in any significant capacity.

Which is funny, considering the Zandalari were practically sitting on top of the Maelstrom (and subsequently, the Naga) for over thousands of years. Possible explanations include the Naga simply not caring about the Trolls, such that they saw no point in interacting with them, or their deciding to strike a deal with the Zandalari so that neither would bother the other.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:08 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Admittedly, it's been a while since I played through the Goblin starting zone, but I remember the Trolls of the island using the Amani model. I could definitely see it as either that being a mistake, just a model reuse, or a failure of my own memory, mind you.
They do, though I don't think those are the same trolls that lived on the island back before they developed into goblins.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
appreciation thread, elf mermaids, master race, warcraft