Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Anything going into that much detail is fake. I also sincerely doubt they'll add a new class the expansion immediately after adding demon hunters.

Edit: And they spelled Kul Tiras wrong. It's not Kul'tiras.

Last edited by Asterisk; 10-24-2017 at 03:31 PM..
Old 10-24-2017, 03:36 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Anything going into that much detail is fake. I also sincerely doubt they'll add a new class the expansion immediately after adding demon hunters.

Edit: And they spelled Kul Tiras wrong. It's not Kul'tiras.
Oh no, he didn't use one capital letter.

Scraps of story from this leak seems VERY plausible.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIPlayer View Post
Scraps of story from this leak seems VERY plausible.
Thirteen zones?
Why is Kezan Horde territory when only one cartel is part of the Horde?
Jaina leading the Alliance? Why would Anduin suddenly not be?
If C'Thun is "stronger than ever", why is he never mentioned at all in the story section after N'Zoth is freed? Shouldn't he be a priority?
How can the new class both start at K'aresh and at 77? That implies their starting zone is in the past, but the audio drama establishes that Alleria and Locus-Walker never were on K'aresh together. They were at the prison, then training in the Void, then she left him to save Turalyon.

And gameplay things that make no sense:
A type of item that is required to hurt N'Zoth?
Removing LFR? It's been here since Cata it's clearly here to stay. I'm pretty sure they even already said that next expac it'll be at MOP-ish difficulty instead of WoD/Legion, so in that case it can't be gone.
Level 112 instead of 120? For what purpose? Not even an interval of 5 like Cata and MoP.
And again adding a class right after adding DHs. Classes are balancing nightmares, while it's not impossible I can't imagine Blizz doing that twice in a row.

On another topic, it seems like the tortollans from Hearthstone will be canon soon. Wowhead found data for a baby tortollan pet, the model is encrypted.

Last edited by Asterisk; 10-24-2017 at 04:02 PM..
Old 10-24-2017, 04:01 PM

Demon Hunter

Looking at the next expansion with an eye to what seems likely from a Blizzard marketing standpoint...

I think Bolvar and the Scourge will play a part in the next expansion, at least as a plot hook. Lich King is the next big nostalgia button to press. They didn’t have Bolvar unleash the Scourge in Legion, which means they were saving him for something appropriately "epic."

So undead pirate fleet vs. Old Gods is my current guess at the plot hook. I don’t see them relying on Jaina, or naga, or even N’zoth, to sell the expansion concept. I would guess most folks either don't know exactly who Azshara is, or aren't exactly dying for her reveal. A lot of people are also just sick of naga. I do expect her to play a part, but Blizzard needs to throw in the “Illidan is back” factor that Legion carried.

There are also one or two "leaks" (I know, I know) that mention Daelin or another new evil sea captain villain. Most of the pitch descriptions are obviously fake, but that element has a ring of truthiness to me.

Also, Tortollans are now apparently confirmed in the next expansion. http://www.wowhead.com/news=274628/b...ttle-datamined

Last edited by Eelgrin; 10-24-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Old 10-24-2017, 04:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Thirteen zones?
Islands, not zones. As part of the South Seas area. People are somehow imagining 13 continents or w/e.

Quote:
Why is Kezan Horde territory when only one cartel is part of the Horde?
We don't know lore details.
Quote:
Jaina leading the Alliance? Why would Anduin suddenly not be?
Who says he isn't still High King. Jaina may simply be taking over the Proudmoore tradition of leading the navy. Makes sense in the context of Kul Tiras and South Seas, doesn't it.

Quote:
If C'Thun is "stronger than ever", why is he never mentioned at all in the story section after N'Zoth is freed? Shouldn't he be a priority?
Why are you taking a fragmented, cobbled together supposed leak as if it has to sound like an official story synopsis? Besides, he is. In the post C'thun is apparently the first raid boss.

Quote:
How can the new class both start at K'aresh and at 77? That implies their starting zone is in the past, but the audio drama establishes that Alleria and Locus-Walker never were on K'aresh together. They were at the prison, then training in the Void, then she left him to save Turalyon.
Lore details to be determined. Also, view these things with a healthy pinch of skepticism as to what may be misunderstood or mistranslated by the person "leaking" (speculative).

Quote:
And gameplay things that make no sense:
A type of item that is required to hurt N'Zoth?
Actually makes complete sense, if we're only getting 2 more levels. Prevents people from using titanforged Antorus gear in the first 8.0 raid. Similar to how they prevent people from using previous raid tiers - make them inviable (through nerfs).

Quote:
Removing LFR? It's been here since Cata it's clearly here to stay. I'm pretty sure they even already said that next expac it'll be at MOP-ish difficulty instead of WoD/Legion, so in that case it can't be gone.
They've said different things across the years, what is true is that over the course of Legion they have stated that they are not happy with how LFR has developed, and that they want to return it to former difficulty levels. Baking it into Normal and making Normal easier would be pretty much that.

This is however the biggest part that makes me hesitate with this post. Removing LFR, even if it works out well, will cause a shitstorm of epic proportions. However, as no-flying has shown, they are willing to double down on unpopular choices if they believe them to be healthy for the game.

Quote:
Level 112 instead of 120? For what purpose?
If we have alternate advancement from the start again, another 10 levels without any new talents or sense of progression kind of seem redundant. They have made various statements on their philosophy in this regard over the years. Suffice it to say, the reasons for returning to 10 levels after MoP don't quite hold up now with alternate advancement in play.

Quote:
And again adding a class right after adding DHs. Classes are balancing nightmares, while it's not impossible I can't imagine Blizz doing that twice in a row.
The aspect that makes me believe it is mostly that it sounds completely sound lorewise. Everything about it makes sense, down to the part where Alleria's out-of-nowhere voidification serves as a vehicle for a new class and lore.

Don't rely on previous patterns to dismiss such things, however. I could well see them adding another class just to attract another sub surge for release.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:16 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ft-8-0-details

I'm putting my money on this "leak"
It looks fake, man. Some of those ideas seem all over the place, having the endgame in a separate planet looks like a bad idea, and level 112? I could see it happening if they want to get rid of the leveling process as much as possible, but they already said its going to be 120.

...but I REALLY LIKE the idea of a Ranged Pet Tank class who uses a Void Pet and tames Aberration monsters. Like, A LOT.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
It looks fake, man. Some of those ideas seem all over the place, having the endgame in a separate planet looks like a bad idea, and level 112? I could see it happening if they want to get rid of the leveling process as much as possible, but they already said its going to be 120.

...but I REALLY LIKE the idea of a Ranged Pet Tank class who uses a Void Pet and tames Aberration monsters. Like, A LOT.
The endgame is not in a separate planet, first of all, it just mentions Kharesh being a location. Secondly...um...Argus?

As to the supposed "they confirmed 120", that's actually not true at all. The exact quote was:
Quote:
"That’s probably not going to happen due to power level reasons, as it would be a very jarring when you level from 119 to 120 and suddenly all 12+ of your legendaries you have equipped turn off."
It was used as an example in response to a question, in no way a confirmation of anything.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:05 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

miffy23, admit it, it's yours, isn't it?
Old 10-24-2017, 07:08 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Some of the ideas in the leak are plausible. The rest, will never happen and Void Seeker? Ya, no. We aren't getting another class.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:32 PM

Loremaster

It does rather seem like a level 110-112 expansion would be kind of shooting themselves in the foot from a pacing standpoint. Whatever else one may think of leveling, the step-based graduation of it provides a simple and useful built-in mechanism for smoothly gating early content that allows for any style of play instead of inelegantly dumping it all on us at once or tying it to things that force you do specific content for the most basic of things whether you want to or not.

Last edited by ARM3481; 10-24-2017 at 07:35 PM..
Old 10-24-2017, 07:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Pretty sure they said they disliked the whole 5 level thing with MoP and Cata as well so I can't see them going 'yea let's go with 2 levels'.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:52 PM

Arch-Druid

All these leaks are driving me crazy. The next 10 days can't go fast enough.

The problem is not that they are fake, it's how terrible most of them sound.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 PM

Chimaera

While I don't believe this leak as well, something that miffy23 said rings true: The Void Alleria thing came out of absolutely nowhere, which means they are building up to some future feature. Maybe not in this expansion (Turalyon and Alleria were initially mentioned in a loading screen in MoP and it wasn't until Legion that they appeared), but the next one, for sure.

I'd put my money in an alternate progression similar to the Artifacts or the scrapped "Path of the Titans". Something focused on mutually excluding abilities of Light and Void, with Turalyon and Alleria serving as "mentors" of each way.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:24 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

There's a video of someone getting the four possible subraces to work on a sandbox server. It matches everything that's been datamined, but still cool to see in action.

Won't link it though, as the video says it violates the ToS.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:30 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There's a video of someone getting the four possible subraces to work on a sandbox server. It matches everything that's been datamined, but still cool to see in action.

Won't link it though, as the video says it violates the ToS.
I watched that. Looks very convincing to me.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:05 PM

Eternal

Can you "Accidentally" private PM it.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:11 PM

Eternal

I wouldn't mind an accidental pm either
Old 10-24-2017, 10:37 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

A thought I had: if we do end up getting these subraces, than both blood elves and draenei will get one... which means maybe we'll finally see an update to their starting zones?
Old 10-24-2017, 11:35 PM

Eternal

So a baby Tortollan pet is coming out. Journey to Un'goro hasn't been a new expansion in a while, so it being datamined now with a Tortollan model is neat.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:50 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Can you "Accidentally" private PM it.
Not linking it here, but its the MrGM video huh?
Old 10-24-2017, 11:56 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
So a baby Tortollan pet is coming out. Journey to Un'goro hasn't been a new expansion in a while, so it being datamined now with a Tortollan model is neat.
It also has an encrypted model with the same designation as the also encrypted Seabraid Stallion and armored raptor mounts; so they probably all come from the same source (expansion CE most likely).
Old 10-25-2017, 03:46 AM

Eternal

Working on the assumption the pet leads into more actual Tortollans in-game I gotta say I am glad to see them make it into canon and hope Tortolla does more outside of Hyjal. They seem like a natural race that should have been in the game before.

Considering Kosak joined the hearthstone team at least 5 months before Un'goro expac I wonder how much influence he had in them?
Old 10-25-2017, 03:55 AM

Arch-Druid

If tottle is a CE reward, then it's related to the new expansion's content. You can bet tortollans will become canon (but most probably just NPCs).

Maybe they are the mysterious people of Tel'Abim?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 10-25-2017, 04:54 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda

Turtle people you say...? I might be willing to let me be blackmailed into being interested by that.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:07 AM

Ranger

Any leak that involves Removal of LFR is automatic Fake News.

That is Just not Negotiable
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion