Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
From what I've heard, the Alliance technically holds Lordaeron, however, its tenuous as the Horde can send forces from Quel'Thalas to reclaim it. That's why Stromgarde and the Arathi Highlands has become the new battlefield. Basically, the Alliance is threatening to claim all of the Eastern Kingdoms by pushing North, and its easier for them to build and fortify Stromgarde.

If the Horde were to focus their efforts on reclaiming Lordaeron, they'd be leaving themselves open to being attacked by the forces from Stromgarde. Before the Horde can attempt to reclaim Lordaeron, they need to remove Stromgarde.

That's what I understood of it, at least.
I suppose thats balanced out (in theory) by the horde not holding southern Kalimidor. The Horde also seems to be getting Broken Isles with both Nightfallen and Highmountain.

Dalaran, I suppose, will stay out of it again.

Gilnaes might be reclaimed? I can see Night Elves and worgen migrating there
Old 11-03-2017, 08:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Having played the Drustvar demo; here are all the revamped NPC models I've found:

-tarantulas
-Northrend bone spiders
-pigs (not boars though, they use the WoD model)
-Earth Revenants
What's the story?

Also, I'm starting to think this Troll Blood God is going to turn out to be some kind of artificial Old God the Titans accidentally made while studying them.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:46 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
I suppose thats balanced out (in theory) by the horde not holding southern Kalimidor. The Horde also seems to be getting Broken Isles with both Nightfallen and Highmountain.

Dalaran, I suppose, will stay out of it again.

Gilnaes might be reclaimed? I can see Night Elves and worgen migrating there
Again proving my point that the Horde has the advantage again. They burn down a capital city, destroy it and a zone, get the Broken Isles on their side and the Alliance gets...nothing. They don't even get to keep Gilneas or the ruins of Lordaeron. What's the fucking benefit? There isn't one.

I'm surprised Anduin didn't have the Alliance forces just bend over and let the Horde shove the plague canisters up their asses given how things turn out with this so called "war".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

The exact wording so far was that Undercity would be "in ruins" - but that the main battle is around Stromgarde to "hold back the Alliance", and that it would also be a good staging ground for attacks against Gilneas, which was implied to be in Alliance hands again.

So I doubt that anything significant will come of this apart from Teldrassil burning and Gilneas being retaken. UC will be under siege and mostly destroyed, and probably end up in Horde hands again after the dust settles and when the real threat pops up.

They've been exceedingly vague about endgame philosophy, progression design and many core systems that normally see adjustments and tuning, except for praising the new shiny "Azurite", which is basically a merge of AP and relics, although already a step in the right direction since it seems to apply to all specs this time at least.

The Warfronts seem very early stages and undefined (PvP lore but PvE scenarios? huh?). The new scenarios could be alright, but also seem a bit all over the place. Are they casual PvE content? Competitive endgame content? PvP meta? A bit of everything? I see a lot of confusion on the forums so far, they've got a lot of clearing up to do tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Saw these on the Story forums from the same poster.
The Argents control the Plaguelands though and lmfao if they're actually letting Horde forces through to fight the Alliance
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:49 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
The Argents control the Plaguelands though and lmfao if they're actually letting Horde forces through to fight the Alliance
You know they will. Misunderstood Horde and all that bullshit.

@miffy: So, again. Alliance gets a net gain of jack shit. Horde get to destroy a city, while the Alliance get to attack one in a scenario or instance and...that's it. Nothing else happens. So what's the fucking point?
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:50 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
Of course it will; the Alliance can't "hold" anything that would take away from the Horde.

So really, the Horde loses nothing while the Alliance loses a capital and a whole zone. Again. I wonder how many more zones they will lose.
And presumably the Alliance will do some nonsensical and idiotic shit during those "Faction Ally" quests to make those Nightborne and the Highmountain tauren I saved from the Legion decide that I need to be killed on sight.

The factions are a cancer of forced stupidity. A mechanism for encouraging willful imbecility among the dumbest players. Call me when we get an expansion where we get to assassinate all of the faction leaders and disband the Alliance and the Horde.

They did fuck-all to beat the Legion, and now I'm supposed help these ungrateful morons kill each other again? No thanks. The player factions are detrimental to the entirety of Azeroth at this point and offer nothing to gameplay but archaic and worthless mob-tapping mechanisms that make the game feel broken. The world would be better off if the capitals had all been burned to the ground and the leaders died off bravely in some last stand while we were off successfully driving out the Legion.

Quote:
It's unclear in just what capacity the Argents still exist at this point. After their losses at the Broken Shore, for all we know they completely joined the new Silver Hand and the Class Orders will be either disbanding and abandoning their bases to rejoin their respective factions. Or Blizz might decide the canon Highlord was a blood elf or a tauren, in which case the Silver Hand could just abstain from getting involved at all.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-03-2017 at 08:56 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 08:50 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Again proving my point that the Horde has the advantage again. They burn down a capital city, destroy it and a zone, get the Broken Isles on their side and the Alliance gets...nothing. They don't even get to keep Gilneas or the ruins of Lordaeron. What's the fucking benefit? There isn't one.
Well, Dalaran might return to it's crater at last. It -is- an Alliance nation and if Lordaeron is taken by the Alliance, it's a LOT safer for Dalaran to reclaim its place on the world map where it belongs. The Lightforged Draenei will have the Vindicaar which is a pretty significant boon to the Alliance. They might even get the Xenedar running again, which would be a city of sorts. We also don't know anything about the Void Elves yet. They may have a City as well.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I've seen invertebrates with more backbone than Argents.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Well, Dalaran might return to it's crater at last. It -is- an Alliance nation and if Lordaeron is taken by the Alliance, it's a LOT safer for Dalaran to reclaim its place on the world map where it belongs. The Lightforged Draenei will have the Vindicaar which is a pretty significant boon to the Alliance. They might even get the Xenedar running again, which would be a city of sorts. We also don't know anything about the Void Elves yet. They may have a City as well.
Dalaran: Won't happen. I don't see them doing anything to design a new ground city for that.

The void elves? They're just high elves with a magic condition. Their capital is Stormwind, most likely.

We'll never see the Vindicaar or Xenedar, guaranteed on that though. Horde will get Suramar and Highmountain, so....there's some fantastic balance there. Once again, proving my point about the dev's and their biases.

@ARM: I agree. The faction shit is just tiresome now, and Blizzard constantly rehashing their Horde favoritism under the guise of "faction conflict" is just boring and moronically stupid.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2017, 08:56 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
What's the story?

Also, I'm starting to think this Troll Blood God is going to turn out to be some kind of artificial Old God the Titans accidentally made while studying them.
You go to Drustvar to find out why House Wavecrest has stopped responding to Boralus. You arrive and find the starting town (I can't remember the name, I think it was Hillhaven or something like that) and find everyone frozen in place with a huge wickerman effigy in the center. It turns out a cult of human druids (and I don't mean traditional WoW druids, more of the "crazy pagan wilderness cult" fantasy idea of druids) called with Wickerites are cursing the land and making tons of wickerman monsters. There's also some ancient ruins that have revenants guarding them.

As for the Lordaeron vs Teldrassil thing; they said Stromgarde was only ONE of the war fonts. I guarantee there will be one in Kalimdor with the exact same plot but the factions reversed where its the Horde trying to stop the Alliance from retaking stuff.

Also: According to the dungeon journal, Zandalari are in a civil war between Rastakhan (who wants to join the Horde) and Zul (who wants to destroy the Horde) we fight his second in command in Atal'Dazar.

Skycapp'n Krag from Hearthstone is the first boss in Freehold.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 11-03-2017 at 09:00 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 08:58 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niryv View Post
Horde burns down Teldrassil
Alliance attacks Lordaeron

Something about how this is worded doesn't feel right.

Horde has another 100% total victory like Theramore/Hillsbrad, Alliance gets to "attack" an occupied Horde land... the Undercity better be completely unrecoverably destroyed or this is more Horde favourtism bullshit.
Yeeeeeeeahhh. I am hyped for this expansion. I really am - But...I am already losing hope for the story. Which isn't good. Something isn't sitting right with me either; Also I have a feeling the Alliance is going to be reactionary force through out the story of the expansion which would be utterly lame.

Also, what of the neutral organizations such as the Silver Hand and Cenarion Circle? I don't think they would let the Horde or Alliance vice versa just stomp over Hyjal and the Plageulands.

Last edited by Melorandor; 11-03-2017 at 09:00 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:

@miffy: So, again. Alliance gets a net gain of jack shit. Horde get to destroy a city, while the Alliance get to attack one in a scenario or instance and...that's it. Nothing else happens. So what's the fucking point?
Think you missed the point of Gilneas being in Alliance control again.
I doubt Teldrassil burning actually means that the Nelves are totally gone from there either, there will be a new sapling probably.

I highly doubt that anything of significance will come of this except for Gilneas being retaken.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:01 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
Yeeeeeeeahhh. I am hyped for this expansion. I really am - But...I am already losing hope for the story. Which isn't good. Something isn't sitting right with me either; Also I have a feeling the Alliance is going to be reactionary force through out the story of the expansion which would be utterly lame.
That's their motif. It's clear Blizzard favor the edgy alpha male faction in the Horde. They just can't admit it because they would alienate half their playerbase; but their actions clearly show in game.

The Horde can do no wrong. They attack first, they were justified - somehow. They're misunderstood! They're humans with skin conditions that want to genocide all life! They're just trying to find a home and the big bad alliance got in their way!

It's the same fucking shit I was glad to leave behind in Legion. But NO, Blizzard had to drudge it back to the fucking forefront in this shitty Cataclysm 2.0 rehash.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2017, 09:03 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I just hope that Genn finally gets his revenge and kills Sylvanas for good.

Although I'm pretty sure he's just gonna get killed by her to "make Anduin mad", as if he needed yet another reason. I also don't expect much from Baine.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Dalaran: Won't happen. I don't see them doing anything to design a new ground city for that.

The void elves? They're just high elves with a magic condition. Their capital is Stormwind, most likely.

We'll never see the Vindicaar or Xenedar, guaranteed on that though. Horde will get Suramar and Highmountain, so....there's some fantastic balance there. Once again, proving my point about the dev's and their biases.

@ARM: I agree. The faction shit is just tiresome now, and Blizzard constantly rehashing their Horde favoritism under the guise of "faction conflict" is just boring and moronically stupid.
On Dalaran, I don't know. Even Private Servers can plop Dalaran down into the hole without much issue. Look at this one down below.

We don't know anything about Void Elves other than that Alleria finds them somewhere. It's quite possible they have their own city or settlement. We'll need to wait and see.

I can agree the likelihood we see Xenedar or the Vindicar is low, but at the same time, I'd like to think there is a reason we won't. Arguably the Xenedar crashed on Argus and cannot get up, like the Exodar on Azeroth, but unless the Vindicar is destroyed before 8.0 launches, I cannot see why it wouldn't be put to some kind of use.

I'm willing to wait and see about the Faction Conflict. I don't like it on principal, but this one at least is shaking up the status quo. If by the end of BfA the factions control separate continents, it'll be even enough and we'll have a good reason for the 5th War to end; they can glare at each other from across the Maelstrom, but landing on the other's shore would be extraordinarily difficult.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Just "attack" and "nothing else happens"? The city is apparently in ruins, out of Horde control. It's also a toxic fucking waste dump, so I don't think anyone wants to live there.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:06 PM

Eternal

I, as always, welcome faction war bullshit. It's the main thing I love about Warcraft.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Just "attack" and "nothing else happens"? The city is apparently in ruins, out of Horde control. It's also a toxic fucking waste dump, so I don't think anyone wants to live there.
The Horde burn down a faction capital and take out a zone along with it.

The Alliance? They attack, likely in a shitty scenario/instanced content that's never seen outside said instance, and that's it. Where's the gain? There isn't one? And yeah, the ruins are pretty unlivable, but there's plenty of farmland in the surrounding area they could purify and work on resettling. There's plenty of Lordaeron humans in Stormwind who probably want to go home.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Elune

The Alliance isn't interested in destroying Capital City they want to reclaim it and live in it because it's their ancestral lands.

The real red flag will be if the Alliance controls Undercity but the Horde doesn't control Darnassus.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The Horde burn down a faction capital and take out a zone along with it.

The Alliance?
Destroy a faction capital, essentially removing the Horde presence from the zone.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:11 PM

Eternal

Quote:
The Alliance isn't interested in destroying Capital City they want to reclaim it and live in it because it's their ancestral lands.

The real red flag will be if the Alliance controls Undercity but the Horde doesn't control Darnassus.
How could the Horde control Darnassus when it'll be a pile of Ashes? Well, I suppose the stone buildings, if partially intact, would be in the water.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Destroy a faction capital, essentially removing the Horde presence from the zone.
Likely in a shitty instanced scenario that has no effect on the world again, so really it has no effect on them. While the loss of Darnassus? You can't un-burn down a fucking capital city.

So again, net Alliance loss. Again.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2017, 09:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I am excited for this expansion.

Kul Tiras looks super fucking cool. Stromgarde!!!!! Warfronts, or whatever they are being called look kind of early in development, but I have high hopes for Stromgarde lore.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:15 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
Also, what of the neutral organizations such as the Silver Hand and Cenarion Circle? I don't think they would let the Horde or Alliance vice versa just stomp over Hyjal and the Plageulands.
Hypothetical pre-launch event quest:

"Lok'tar/Greetings, Highlord/Archdruid/etc. Word's come down from the Warchief/High King! In light of recent events, it's been discovered that your organization is infested with Horde filth/Alliance dogs. Time to prove your loyalty, champion. Time to make amends for the crime of saving us all by not wasting your time in PvP.

Kill them all. Your leaders command you to purge your halls of the traitors and enemies who saved us from the demons after we screwed up and executed the world's worst offensive ever at the Broken Shore, then kept the entire world from being destroyed by the Legion while we punched each other in the crotch over a bunch of worthless towers.

Do this thing, and you will have earned the trust of we, your faction, who keep demanding you do stupid stuff for us that undoes your previous accomplishments. Do this thing, and you'll have earned this pittance of gold, along with this blue item that will shortly become obsolete."

Rewards: 2G 25S 40C and Flimsy Wristguard of the Blindly Obedient Jackass.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-03-2017 at 09:19 PM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft