Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3776  
Old 02-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Ok, great. That still won't stop me from criticizing their product for failing to provide an experience worthy of its price tag, which I'd gladly pay again if not for the issues I've brought up.
The problem is not with voicing criticism, it's that you have spent extraordinary amounts of time the last three months doing so on a forum whose active members have mostly moved over to Discord.
Reply With Quote
  #3777  
Old 02-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Reply With Quote
  #3778  
Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 594

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
The problem is not with voicing criticism, it's that you have spent extraordinary amounts of time the last three months doing so on a forum whose active members have mostly moved over to Discord.
I'm not sure I necessarily see a problem in that. A forum offers a venue that's suited for long form discussions and I kind of like those.

As for the Discord, I'm aware of it, and I appreciate the invitation. We'll see of I decide to join you there one of these days.

That being said, we're not really on topic here, so I would ask that you divert further comments on this to private messages or to my cringe thread in the Halls.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3779  
Old 02-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Falarson Falarson is offline

Arch-Druid
Falarson's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Asunción, Paraguay
Posts: 1,968
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Default

As I'm leveling and revisiting the old world, I wonder why Blizz never bothered to update troll models. Specially Zandalari trolls found in Zul'Aman, Zul'Gurub, Stranglethorn Vale and Zul'drak. Also there's plenty of forest trolls that have the old model in Eversong and the Ghostlands.

I hope they go through the old Zandalari NPCs and give them appropiate models for Battle for Azeroth. I remember they did this in MoP with some NPCs in northern Kun'lai, but that was it.
__________________

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Reply With Quote
  #3780  
Old 02-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
As I'm leveling and revisiting the old world, I wonder why Blizz never bothered to update troll models. Specially Zandalari trolls found in Zul'Aman, Zul'Gurub, Stranglethorn Vale and Zul'drak. Also there's plenty of forest trolls that have the old model in Eversong and the Ghostlands.

I hope they go through the old Zandalari NPCs and give them appropiate models for Battle for Azeroth. I remember they did this in MoP with some NPCs in northern Kun'lai, but that was it.
I think the reason the Wrath and Cata Zandalari were never updated in MoP is because the MoP model couldn't wear player gear. Since the BfA Zandalari models can, I also hope they go back and update them.
Reply With Quote
  #3781  
Old 02-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,490

Default

I'm gonna miss the giant banana trolls a bit.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3782  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 AM
Fenixhart Fenixhart is offline

Ranger
Fenixhart's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 315

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Sweet Baby Jesus, please no. They're literally just cutsesy furry-bait.
Unlike Pandaren.

Or Worgen.

Or Tauren.

The more time passes the more ridiculous "Oh god the furry invasion" pearl-clutching gets.
Reply With Quote
  #3783  
Old 02-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,691
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Unlike Pandaren.

Or Worgen.

Or Tauren.

The more time passes the more ridiculous "Oh god the furry invasion" pearl-clutching gets.
Not many people play the others though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #3784  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Unlike Pandaren.

Or Worgen.

Or Tauren.

The more time passes the more ridiculous "Oh god the furry invasion" pearl-clutching gets.
You clearly have never been to Goldshire and saw all dem Worgens. This is the future of the Horde when Vulpera will be playable.
Reply With Quote
  #3785  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,691
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
You clearly have never been to Goldshire and saw all dem Worgens. This is the future of the Horde when Vulpera will be playable.
Goldshire has everything, and you don't think it's worse now with super saiyan draenei and bankai elves?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #3786  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,316

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Unlike Pandaren.

Or Worgen.

Or Tauren.

The more time passes the more ridiculous "Oh god the furry invasion" pearl-clutching gets.
You leave the Tauren out of this. Anthropomorphized bovine à la Minotaurus are well-established and respected fantasy monsters, and are not to be associated with weirdo yiffy furry stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #3787  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,228

Default

Small heads up: Blizzard included earrings customization option for nightborne males this week. The option was missing last time I checked.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #3788  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,691
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
You leave the Tauren out of this. Anthropomorphized bovine à la Minotaurus are well-established and respected fantasy monsters, and are not to be associated with weirdo yiffy furry stuff.
You're a drugged out, communist hippy. Why do furries bother you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #3789  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,316

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You're a drugged out, communist hippy. Why do furries bother you?
Live and let live, and all that for sure, but furries are weird. Like grown-men-wearing-diapers-and-pacifiers-fetish-weird, or worse, brony-weird. And the animal mascot suits look creepy as hell. I don't want to be exposed to that whenever I play WoW.

But now that I think of it, Warcraft is pretty weird already. And ogres sort of resemble fat old men dressed as babies.
Reply With Quote
  #3790  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
You leave the Tauren out of this. Anthropomorphized bovine à la Minotaurus are well-established and respected fantasy monsters, and are not to be associated with weirdo yiffy furry stuff.
Tauren are cuddly and cute and precious. And frankly if the vulvdick lead to a downfall of the Belf Horde i can live with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Live and let live, and all that for sure, but furries are weird. Like grown-men-wearing-diapers-and-pacifiers-fetish-weird, or worse, brony-weird. And the animal mascot suits look creepy as hell. I don't want to be exposed to that whenever I play WoW.
Dude you can't even take their underwear off.

Quote:
But now that I think of it, Warcraft is pretty weird already. And ogres sort of resemble fat old men dressed as babies.
Rotting. Un. Dead. Monstrosities. Think about, REALLY THINK about all the shit that goes on in the Undercity ALONE. Are the ogres really still that big a deal?

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 02-06-2018 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3791  
Old 02-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Unlike Pandaren.

Or Worgen.

Or Tauren.

The more time passes the more ridiculous "Oh god the furry invasion" pearl-clutching gets.
Worgen and Tauren have more to them besides being furry races though, like being based on classic fantasy or horror monster tropes with their own twist.

Vulpera though? Yeah, pretty much a furry race. Not that I care, let people have what they want. I don't think they'll be all that popular and will likely have the same population as Goblins, anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #3792  
Old 02-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

"A night elf laughed at me for living inside a volcano. Well, at least I don't have to worry about my mountain burning down now do I?! What, too soon?"

Dark iron jjoke.
Reply With Quote
  #3793  
Old 02-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default



Kith'ix? Does that mean we're going back to Zul'aman?
Reply With Quote
  #3794  
Old 02-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

Reply With Quote
  #3795  
Old 02-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

I just tried to farm for some transmo gear in Uldaman and Sunken Temple and barely got any loot, even from bosses despite their goldeny shimmer dingsda. Did they fuck up loot with dungeon scaling?
Reply With Quote
  #3796  
Old 02-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,999

Default

Oh my gosh, Gurzog wasn't trolling. Dark Iron Dwarves really do have a joke about Teldrassil burning down.

Reply With Quote
  #3797  
Old 02-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Patrick_C Patrick_C is offline

Chimaera
Patrick_C's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 251

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Oh my gosh, Gurzog wasn't trolling. Dark Iron Dwarves really do have a joke about Teldrassil burning down.

Joke's not even bad, to be fair, but this is going to go so well with Nelves fans...
Reply With Quote
  #3798  
Old 02-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 594

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Joke's not even bad, to be fair, but this is going to go so well with Nelves fans...
Err... yeah. <Obligatory statement of outrage, more to follow, just not here>
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3799  
Old 02-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

If you listen to the ugandan trolls they will say that "The king is dead, our new ruler knows the way" or something like that.

(listen to it zandalari troll noble)

This pisses me off why do they have to kill rastakhan, that is stupid and old.

I mean we have had this in every other game and probably wow too, important character dies so new one can take over.

Inb4 talanji is literally horde Yrel.
Reply With Quote
  #3800  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 AM
Fenixhart Fenixhart is offline

Ranger
Fenixhart's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 315

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Worgen and Tauren have more to them besides being furry races though, like being based on classic fantasy or horror monster tropes with their own twist.

Vulpera though? Yeah, pretty much a furry race. Not that I care, let people have what they want. I don't think they'll be all that popular and will likely have the same population as Goblins, anyway.
Classic origins are irrelevant. If it's animal. it's furry.

We have 4 animal races. This shit is not new and it's stupid it keeps cropping up.

If anything the catalyzing force won't be Vulpera but the snake men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
You clearly have never been to Goldshire and saw all dem Worgens. This is the future of the Horde when Vulpera will be playable.
Please. The ERP scene in Goldshire pales next to the horrors that lurk within conventional RP. At least the people in Goldshire know how to handle their horny. Blood Elf Noble houses meanwhile are a practical breeding ground for dysfunctional adults who can't balance life and escapism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
You leave the Tauren out of this. Anthropomorphized bovine à la Minotaurus are well-established and respected fantasy monsters, and are not to be associated with weirdo yiffy furry stuff.
Oh you poor summer child. The very origins of the Minotaur are steeped in lust.

Don't even get started on the Egyptian Pantheon and the mythos surrounding it.

Last edited by Fenixhart; 02-07-2018 at 01:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.