Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I think you guys need to cool the hell down.

Quote:
And Garrosh can and would butcher civilians.
We know specifically that he doesn't approve of civilian casualties.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM

Banished

"I cant wait at Horde's inevitable fall"

1-Like if that was going to happen

2- I knew that Bolvar was crazy, but this kinda scares me. You shouldnt be that passionate about a videogame
Old 10-24-2011, 10:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

The passion is good, it's just being channeled in a very negative way.

SoL and the Story Forums are probably responsible for half the Sha that are on Pandaria when we arrive there. >.>

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-24-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Faine#1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
He sure as fuck allows a lot of them despite what we "know."
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post

This forum is probably responsible for half the Sha on Pandaria.
I think Bolvar's sha is knocking my door.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:54 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I time travel too and saw this as well!
It seems we have lots of time travelers here at SoL.

Quote:
Just poking a little bit at the "doom and gloom" posters. "Oh noes, Theramore is gone. It's ova!!"
Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
This is specially hillarious after looking at your avatar
Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 PM

Dryad

Quote:
We don't even know if it was Garrosh. Or do we? I haven't kept up this thread
It's gonna be Garrosh. No one else make any sense. Vol'jin has no beef with Theramore, and Baine actually owes a debt to Jaina.

Plus, Garrosh is ultimately a miltary orientated Warchief and taking out Theramore makes perfect military sense. Destroying Theramore cuts the Alliance army in the Southern Barrens from all logistical support. They'll be wiped out within weeks unless Shandris brings up her army from Feralas to back them up.

That being said, Garrosh could very well face some blowback from within the Horde by destroying Theramore...

*Puts on the Lochnar Tinfoil Hat of Awesome*

As said before, Baine owes Jaina a debt, as Jaina helped bankroll his campaign against Magatha, and if Tauren are deadly serious about anything it's repaying debts they owe. If Jaina is looking to seek revenge against Garrosh, she WILL call in this marker sooner or later. Add in Baine's utter distaste for Garrosh combined with this obligation, and I'm about 98% sure that Baine will help Jaina anyway he feasibly can against Garrosh.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:57 PM

The Digger

Quote:
No, no, NO! Let the hate flow!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
He sure as fuck allows a lot of them despite what we "know."
He was not cool with the bombing of that druid outpost.

And um... where else were there civilian casualties? He's not omnipotent regardless.

Quote:
Just poking a little bit at the "doom and gloom" posters. "Oh noes, Theramore is gone. It's ova!!"
I wasn't talking to you or Faine. :p
Old 10-24-2011, 11:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochnar View Post

As said before, Baine owes Jaina a debt, as Jaina helped bankroll his campaign against Magatha, and if Tauren are deadly serious about anything it's repaying debts they owe. If Jaina is looking to seek revenge against Garrosh, she WILL call in this marker sooner or later. Add in Baine's utter distaste for Garrosh combined with this obligation, and I'm about 98% sure that Baine will help Jaina anyway he feasibly can against Garrosh.
This is a cool idea and I would love to see it expanded upon by Blizzard.

They did say that they didn't have any specific plans in store for Baine just yet though, and I feel like they have a story more or less set up for Jaina, so I'm not expecting too much in terms of those two characters working together. Who knows? We'll have to wait and see
Old 10-24-2011, 11:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
How the fuck is the Alliance fighting the Horde after being betrayed by the Horde on multiple occasions an example of the HORDE being betrayed?

"The Alliance is fighting back after we've betrayed, invaded, and butchered them? The nerve! The sheer nerve! Slaughter them all!"

You're an ass, and I can't wait until the Horde's inevitable fall.
You keep saying that the Alliance was just minding their business when the Horde attacked them, I don't seem to recall any such attack. Or do you mean the one that Garrosh condemned as being stupid?

Quote:
Theramore never "backstabbed" the Horde. What the fuck were they supposed to do after Garrosh's rape of Ashenvale and the Forsaken's genocidal campaign in Lordaeron?

The Horde is full of complete monsters, and I'm going to savour killing each and every one of them.

And Garrosh can and would butcher civilians. He did it in Gilneas. He did it in Ashenvale, and now he's going to do it in Theramore. I can't wait until that warmongering fucktard dies at Varian's hands.
Ummm, Theramore should have just sat there and did NOTHING, is what they should have done. What happened in Ashenvale was, militarily, none of their bees wax. Garrosh would have killed Sylvanas for genocide, which did not happen. All of those "towns" were nothing but insurgent breeding grounds that had to be dealt with. It wasn't their land anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Dryad

Quote:

A better way to put it is that he dosen't go out of his way to kill civilians. He won't bomb a school full of children, or steamroll a camp full of nothing but unarmed refugees.

But if a miltary target happens to have civilians inside, he's gonna order that target destroyed, civilain casuaties be damned.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post

SoL and the Story Forums are probably responsible for half the Sha that are on Pandaria when we arrive there. >.>
Too true, but I'm starting to think some players are catching on and finding more positive things to say. I really admire this Daioras fellow on the Story Forums and it looks like he's trying to calm things down. Hopefully more positive thinkers will rise up and overthrow the negativity that's flooding the forums.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
Too true, but I'm starting to think some players are catching on and finding more positive things to say. I really admire this Daioras fellow on the Story Forums and it looks like he's trying to calm things down. Hopefully more positive thinkers will rise up and overthrow the negativity that's flooding the forums.
Viva la optimism!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochnar View Post
That being said, Garrosh could very well face some blowback from within the Horde by destroying Theramore...

*Puts on the Lochnar Tinfoil Hat of Awesome*

Ooooh, I like this. If nothing else, it will give Baine some character and more importantly, backbone. As it stands now, he would just say "Well I shouldn't...I'm part of the Horde..."
Old 10-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Ummm, Theramore should have just sat there and did NOTHING, is what they should have done. What happened in Ashenvale was, militarily, none of their bees wax. Garrosh would have killed Sylvanas for genocide, which did not happen. All of those "towns" were nothing but insurgent breeding grounds that had to be dealt with. It wasn't their land anyway.
By that logic, it shouldn't be the business of Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Forsaken, or Blood Elves..

Orcs vs Night Elves straight up?

I'll take that bet, greenskin. We can even have the Worgen and space goats sit out.

Ancient smash.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
By that logic, it shouldn't be the business of Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Forsaken, or Blood Elves..

Orcs vs Night Elves straight up?

I'll take that bet, greenskin. We can even have the Worgen and space goats sit out.

Ancient smash.
I like this idea. IT IS TIME FOR OUR FINAL BATTLE!

But, that said. I was saying more about Theramore making themselves a military target. If they just would have stayed out of the conflict, this would not have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
He was not cool with the bombing of that druid outpost.

And um... where else were there civilian casualties? He's not omnipotent regardless.
It happened anyway.

Fuckton of civilian casualties in Gilneas and Southshore. Lots in Ashenvale, with dead vendors lying around Night Elf outposts. He was firebombing a building with a sick child in it ffs.

But hey, it's all okay as long as he says something about "honor" and occasionally throws a subordinate off a cliff, right?

Quote:
You keep saying that the Alliance was just minding their business when the Horde attacked them, I don't seem to recall any such attack. Or do you mean the one that Garrosh condemned as being stupid?
That's exactly what happened in Wolfheart, that's exactly what happened in Gilneas and Lordaeron, that's exactly what happened in The Shattering.

Condemnation doesn't mean shit if that's all he does. He "condemns" it but doesn't stop it from happening when actually preserving civilian lives becomes inconvenient.

Quote:
Last I checked, Theramore was part of the Alliance that Garrosh and the Horde have shat all over for the past 8 years despite numerous attempts by the Alliance to make peace.

Furthermore, Garrosh wouldn't kill Sylvanas for genocide, because he hasn't killed her for what she's doing right now, which falls perfectly in the category of genocide. She's purging entire nations and entire regions of humanity. That's genocide. You can't squirm your way out of this one.

And how does Gilneas not belong to the Gilneans? How does Hillsbrad not belong to the people of Hillsbrad? How does Ashenvale not belong to the Night Elves? Oh wait, I forgot, Fuhrer Garrosh and his Lich Queen lackey said so, and that's all that matters, right?

You're full of it.

Quote:
If they just would have stayed out of the conflict, this would not have happened.
Garrosh has said, point blank, to Thrall and Jaina and Varian's faces, that he believes that all of Kalimdor should belong to the Horde. This was pre-Wrath. Post-wrath he's decided that Kalimdor isn't enough and that all of Azeroth should belong to the Horde.

It doesn't matter what Jaina or Theramore did. He'd slaughter them all eventually anyway.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
Maybe the introduction of the Monk class is already having an effect on the forums?

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post

Versus!

Place your bets!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post

But, that said. I was saying more about Theramore making themselves a military target. If they just would have stayed out of the conflict, this would not have happened.
Ehh, that would be so bad ass. The two warrior races going against each other. No interference from the demi-gods.

Orc Shaman against Night Elf druids and Priests of Elune.

No Tauren. No Humans. No Shredders.

I guess maybe we can throw in Ogre to combat the Ancients (tree people.) Man, would this be a battle worth watching.

Garrosh Hellscream against Shandris Feathermoon, with Tyrande and Thrall slinging all they got at each other.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post

Versus!

Place your bets!
20 Quatloos on the Night Elves!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:16 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
It happened anyway.
Yeah, but he didn't order it.

Quote:
Fuckton of civilian casualties in Gilneas and Southshore. Lots in Ashenvale, with dead vendors lying around Night Elf outposts. He was firebombing a building with a sick child in it ffs.
In the middle of an enemy town. He didn't say "HEY LOOK, THERE'S A SICK CHILD IN THAT BUILDING OVER THERE. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, HORDE."

Quote:
But hey, it's all okay as long as he says something about "honor" and occasionally throws a subordinate off a cliff, right?
I never said it was okay. I said he's not cool with civilian casualties.

Get the hell over yourself, Fojar. Seriously.