Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, but he didn't order it.
Oh, of course. He didn't order it. Right. That absolves him of all responsibility for the actions of those under his command, right?

He's a liar. He talks about not wanting to kill innocents but when push comes to shove, he's okay with it provided he has enough plausible deniability for himself.

Quote:
I never said it was okay. I said he's not cool with civilian casualties.

Get the hell over yourself, Fojar. Seriously.
Again, I don't care how much lip-service he's paid. If he wasn't cool with civilian casualties, then he should actually take steps to prevent them, which he hasn't done at all.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Faine#1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post

Versus!

Place your bets!
Night Elves.

If they win, they're going to be exhausted and injured obviously so I can nurse them back to health, give them massages and baths and all the good stuff beautiful female elven warriors deserve after a well-fought victory.

What? I'm serious.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

I don't know this post will be late.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post

I was going to do:

VS.

but it seems a little unfair...
Old 10-24-2011, 11:22 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post

Human units? There's not even so much as a single dwarf there! RACE TRAITOR!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
That's exactly what happened in Wolfheart, that's exactly what happened in Gilneas and Lordaeron, that's exactly what happened in The Shattering.

Condemnation doesn't mean shit if that's all he does. He "condemns" it but doesn't stop it from happening when actually preserving civilian lives becomes inconvenient.
As I recall, it was your "High King" who declared war on us, first. Varien should have thought of the consequences of simply attacking Thrall without any diplomacy.

Quote:
Last I checked, Theramore was part of the Alliance that Garrosh and the Horde have shat all over for the past 8 years despite numerous attempts by the Alliance to make peace.

Furthermore, Garrosh wouldn't kill Sylvanas for genocide, because he hasn't killed her for what she's doing right now, which falls perfectly in the category of genocide. She's purging entire nations and entire regions of humanity. That's genocide. You can't squirm your way out of this one.

And how does Gilneas not belong to the Gilneans? How does Hillsbrad not belong to the people of Hillsbrad? How does Ashenvale not belong to the Night Elves? Oh wait, I forgot, Fuhrer Garrosh and his Lich Queen lackey said so, and that's all that matters, right?

You're full of it.
Bullshit. Thrall and Jaina have tried to make peace, but both sides are responible for the pre-Wrath fuck ups. Mostly Varien, though.

Quote:
Garrosh has said, point blank, to Thrall and Jaina and Varian's faces, that he believes that all of Kalimdor should belong to the Horde. This was pre-Wrath. Post-wrath he's decided that Kalimdor isn't enough and that all of Azeroth should belong to the Horde.

It doesn't matter what Jaina or Theramore did. He'd slaughter them all eventually anyway.
And Varien has stated that he would commite genocide against the Orcs if given the chance. If I recall correctly. Anduin is wiser than his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:
I was going to do:

VS.

But obviously would win, Avatar and gg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Human units? There's not even so much as a single dwarf there! RACE TRAITOR!
I was going to put a Mountain King in the front but that would have taken a while to center it.

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I was going to do:

VS.

I win.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Oh, of course. He didn't order it. Right. That absolves him of all responsibility for the actions of those under his command, right?

He's a liar. He talks about not wanting to kill innocents but when push comes to shove, he's okay with it provided he has enough plausible deniability for himself.

Again, I don't care how much lip-service he's paid. If he wasn't cool with civilian casualties, then he should actually take steps to prevent them, which he hasn't done at all.
Fanon aside. How do you propose Garrosh "take steps" to prevent incidental killing of civilians? He could send an officer to oversee the operations to make sure nothing like that happens, but the ones in charge of the war effort should already be doing that.

Send spies on every front just to make sure everything is above board? What?

He's set a rule against targeting civilians and kills those who break it; natural selection will eventually work its magic and weed out those who step out of line. It's as effective a method as any.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post

I win.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Maybe the introduction of the Monk class is already having an effect on the forums?
Monks are an awesome RPG class and it's nice to see them in WoW. Since Worgen can't be Monks (/facedesk) I'm at a loss on what I should make him instead, likely Night Elf for the sheer kung fu aesthetics that Night Elves tend to have.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
As I recall, it was your "High King" who declared war on us, first. Varien should have thought of the consequences of simply attacking Thrall without any diplomacy.
Diplomacy nearly got him and his son murdered. Diplomacy resulted in Garrosh barging in and proclaiming that all of Kalimdor should belong to the Horde. Diplomacy got him the Apothecarium, and the attacks on Hillsbrad. Diplomacy resulted in the Wrathgate.

And he still tried diplomacy, agreeing to a truce and trying again to make peace. It resulted in Garrosh sinking his ships and his allies getting attacked and murdered.

Don't you dare start talking about "he should have tried diplomacy!" when Horde diplomacy has been proven time and time again as a whole lot of lip service followed by a knife in the back.

Varian didn't declare war on the Horde. He acknowledged the fact that the Horde had declared war on the Alliance eight years ago.

Quote:
Bullshit. Thrall and Jaina have tried to make peace, but both sides are responible for the pre-Wrath fuck ups. Mostly Varien, though.
Oh, we can add the comics to the list of lore that you've never read and yet act like you know about.

Quote:
And Varien has stated that he would commite genocide against the Orcs if given the chance. If I recall correctly. Anduin is wiser than his father.
"When we win and the Lich King has been defeated...then let us hope your time, a time of peace and healing, will begin. When that day comes you will be greater then I."

"Stand down, Muradin. Let a grieving father pass."

"A gladiator's life is simple: You win and live, or lose and die. A king's life is more complex. The only truth for a king is that there are no easy answers."

All Varian quotes. Nowhere has he once said that he wants to "commit genocide against the Orcs." He was one of the proponents of sparing them after the Second War despite them raping and pillaging his kingdom. He was the one whose tried for years to gain a lasting peace with the Orcs.

Contrast Garrosh.

"Kalimdor should be home to the orcs, Rehgar. All of Kalimdor!"

Garrosh Hellscream yells: Together, we will crush the Twilight's Hammer, raze their stronghold,
Garrosh Hellscream yells: salt the earth, and burn the bodies. All will tremble at our might.
Garrosh Hellscream yells: Then we will stand astride this world as its masters -
Garrosh Hellscream yells: united in our conviction, unrivaled in strength, beholden to no one.
Garrosh Hellscream yells: Today, WE will remake the world. Our world. FOR THE HORDE!

Oh, he only has defense in mind! He just wants a hug maybe? Or he only wants to secure what territory the Horde has from those meanie Alliance, right?

You have to be a troll.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.

Dryad

Quote:

We have only one example of a purely civilian target being destroyed. Garrosh not only killed Krom'gar, he had every Krom'gar soldier present at Cliffwaker Post killed, ALMOST executes the PC, and disbands Krom'gar's entire army.

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
Monks are an awesome RPG class and it's nice to see them in WoW. Since Worgen can't be Monks (/facedesk) I'm at a loss on what I should make him instead, likely Night Elf for the sheer kung fu aesthetics that Night Elves tend to have.
The obvious answer is Tauren, because Holy Cows are great and all, but nothing can beat the Karate Calf.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Thrall and the Horde are in no place to speak of diplomacy.

He's been rude, undiplomatic, and borderline with everyone except Jaina.

Even in Wrath, when Alliance offered AID to the Horde, he essentially told the Alliance to get the hell out.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
OMG HEY THIS HAPPENED, THIS MAKES THIS TRUE, RIGHT?

EVERY POST I MAKE IS LIKE THIS, RIGHT? LOOK AT THIS CONDESCENDING TONE AND LOADED COMMENTARY, RIGHT?

HEY WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY SAYING, I'M GONNA ASSUME WHAT YOUR COUNTER ARGUMENT IS BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL, RIGHT?

Hm, that made me feel better. Wooh.

Quote:
Pftt. He's not a liar, he just can't be everywhere leading the Horde at once.

I doubt he takes a hard-line against them, but that doesn't mean he's all that happy when civilians actually ARE killed.

Quote:
Throwing a general off a cliff for killing civilians is a good way to prevent him from killing civilians again. I'm not defending Garrosh or saying he's a good guy, I'm just saying he doesn't WANT to kill civilians. He'd rather not do it. I don't even like Garrosh.

Last edited by Aldrius; 10-24-2011 at 11:37 PM..

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
I'm thinking about making a human female Monk. Why?

That's why.

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochnar View Post
We have only one example of a purely civilian target being destroyed. Garrosh not only killed Krom'gar, he had every Krom'gar soldier present at Cliffwaker Post killed, ALMOST executes the PC, and disbands Krom'gar's entire army.
And we still see his forces leaving trails of dead civilians wherever they go.

Quote:
Throwing a general off a cliff for killing civilians is a good way to prevent him from killing civilians again. I'm not defending Garrosh or saying he's a good guy, I'm just saying he doesn't WANT to kill civilians. He'd rather not do it.
Explain why he lets the Forsaken do whatever they want then. And you still haven't explained why, for example, the vendors at Silverwing Outpost deserved to die, or the entire population of Gilneas.

I mean dude, this is a guy who apparently accepts Alliance slaves as trophies of glorious conquest, according to the actions of Karga Rageroar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Night Elves.

If they win, they're going to be exhausted and injured obviously so I can nurse them back to health, give them massages and baths and all the good stuff beautiful female elven warriors deserve after a well-fought victory.

What? I'm serious.
That's what us male healers are for. Tending to our strong women who need a breather.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

[QUOTE=Fojar;371575]
Quote:
Diplomacy nearly got him and his son murdered. Diplomacy resulted in Garrosh barging in and proclaiming that all of Kalimdor should belong to the Horde. Diplomacy got him the Apothecarium, and the attacks on Hillsbrad. Diplomacy resulted in the Wrathgate.

And he still tried diplomacy, agreeing to a truce and trying again to make peace. It resulted in Garrosh sinking his ships and his allies getting attacked and murdered.

Don't you dare start talking about "he should have tried diplomacy!" when Horde diplomacy has been proven time and time again as a whole lot of lip service followed by a knife in the back.

Varian didn't declare war on the Horde. He acknowledged the fact that the Horde had declared war on the Alliance eight years ago.
You forget that it was the Twilight's Hammer, not the Horde, who tried to off him, right? He turned around and blamed Thrall anyway.

Quote:
Oh, we can add the comics to the list of lore that you've never read and yet act like you know about.
I read the comics. I just don't have that good of a memory.

Quote:
"When we win and the Lich King has been defeated...then let us hope your time, a time of peace and healing, will begin. When that day comes you will be greater then I."

"Stand down, Muradin. Let a grieving father pass."

"A gladiator's life is simple: You win and live, or lose and die. A king's life is more complex. The only truth for a king is that there are no easy answers."

All Varian quotes. Nowhere has he once said that he wants to "commit genocide against the Orcs." He was one of the proponents of sparing them after the Second War despite them raping and pillaging his kingdom. He was the one whose tried for years to gain a lasting peace with the Orcs.

Contrast Garrosh.

"Kalimdor should be home to the orcs, Rehgar. All of Kalimdor!"

Garrosh Hellscream yells: Together, we will crush the Twilight's Hammer, raze their stronghold,
Garrosh Hellscream yells: salt the earth, and burn the bodies. All will tremble at our might.
Garrosh Hellscream yells: Then we will stand astride this world as its masters -
Garrosh Hellscream yells: united in our conviction, unrivaled in strength, beholden to no one.
Garrosh Hellscream yells: Today, WE will remake the world. Our world. FOR THE HORDE!

Oh, he only has defense in mind! He just wants a hug maybe? Or he only wants to secure what territory the Horde has from those meanie Alliance, right?

You have to be a troll.

Contrast Varien, the "tolerant one":

King Varian Wrynn says: I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked.

King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.

King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.

King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.

King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!

This was against Thrall, who had offered this filthy brute peace, and than threatened his life at a peace conferance. Varien isn't better than Garrosh, he's the same. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:44 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
OMG HEY THIS HAPPENED, THIS MAKES THIS TRUE, RIGHT?

EVERY POST I MAKE IS LIKE THIS, RIGHT? LOOK AT THIS CONDESCENDING TONE AND LOADED COMMENTARY, RIGHT?

HEY WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY SAYING, I'M GONNA ASSUME WHAT YOUR COUNTER ARGUMENT IS BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL, RIGHT?

Hm, that made me feel better. Wooh.
Made us all feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
This was against Thrall, who had offered this filthy brute peace, and than threatened his life at a peace conferance. Varien isn't better than Garrosh, he's the same. Deal with it.
This was against Thrall... In the undercity, among all the horrors that Thrall allowed to happen.. But, to be fair, the Forsaken plot line was fucking stupid.

No way in hell Thrall would allow a Demon to hold any power in the Horde.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
You forget that it was the Twilight's Hammer, not the Horde, who tried to off him, right? He turned around and blamed Thrall anyway.
You forgot that Thrall did the exact same thing to Varian, right?

Of course you did, you haven't actually read the lore.

Quote:
This was against Thrall, who allowed the Forsaken to run around unchecked, who allowed the Warsong to pillage Ashenvale, who allowed Alliance civilians to be taken out of their homes and tortured to death, who allowed a Demon to run his Horde, all the while proclaiming that he really just wants "peace."

Varian was entirely in the right to lash out at Thrall. And he STILL didn't say that he wants to "genocide the Orcs" (Genocide isn't a verb, by the way) and instead sticks with disbanding the Horde.

He's nowhere near the same as Garrosh, and the developers have made this clear.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:47 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Explain why he lets the Forsaken do whatever they want then. And you still haven't explained why, for example, the vendors at Silverwing Outpost deserved to die, or the entire population of Gilneas.
Yes, I did explain it. He can't be everywhere at once and we're talking about a token number of civilians. And he can't tell the Forsaken what to do.

Regardless, he says he doesn't want to kill civilians, that means he doesn't WANT to kill civilians. But wanting something and making it a reality (while fighting a war effort especially) is a very different matter.

Quote:
I mean dude, this is a guy who apparently accepts Alliance slaves as trophies of glorious conquest, according to the actions of Karga Rageroar.
I don't know anything about Alliance slaves. And that still has nothing to do with him killing civilians or not, enslaving civilians is not the same as killing them.

BUT I'M A HORDE FANBOY, SO I MUST BE DEFENDING GARROSH, RIGHT?

...okay I'm done with that.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:47 PM

Elune

Fuck, now I'm agreeing with Vyrin about something concerning Undercity. God damn it guys.

Quote:
And he can't tell the Forsaken what to do.
Technically he can. Thats the difference between the Horde and the Alliance ( or it was/will be).

Horde is ruled by the Warchief. The Alliance is ruled by the leaders of each nation.