Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-31-2011, 12:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Also if Sylvanas doesnt give shit about Garrosh says why would she care about what he says? If anything she could make him "accidently fall" on his weapon 33 times
I don't buy that Sylvanas is that powerful. She makes a good assassin and she's an excellent archer, but she can't even spit without the Kor'kron knowing about it. She has no means to set up a plot to assassinate Garrosh and if she tried to fight him head on she'd probably lose.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I don't buy that Sylvanas is that powerful. She makes a good assassin and she's an excellent archer, but she can't even spit without the Kor'kron knowing about it. She has no means to set up a plot to assassinate Garrosh and if she tried to fight him head on she'd probably lose.
Not Garrosh, Cromush.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-31-2011, 12:41 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I meant killing Crommush. Bad wording from my part
Old 10-31-2011, 12:54 PM

Eternal

I really hope she does. Crommush is such a tool, the guy barks orders around, he's a mag'har orc, but he says nothing about the blight the forsaken reek over hillsbrad. Yeah, she can kill him and use his head for a doorknocker for all I care.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
I really hope she does. Crommush is such a tool, the guy barks orders around, he's a mag'har orc, but he says nothing about the blight the forsaken reek over hillsbrad. Yeah, she can kill him and use his head for a doorknocker for all I care.
Because we need more notable Mag'har casualties with the death of Saurfang the Younger, the (inevitable) death of Garrosh, and Grandmother Geyah.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Because we need more notable Mag'har casualties with the death of Saurfang the Younger, the (inevitable) death of Garrosh, and Grandmother Geyah.
Yes, we do. The green orcs of Orgrimmar represent the future, progress. The mag'har are a people from the past, a past to be subsumed by the unrelenting change of the modern world.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:10 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
He comments on it in Shadowfang, the Forsaken probably bombed hillsbrad before he got there.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 10-31-2011, 01:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Yes, we do. The green orcs of Orgrimmar represent the future, progress. The mag'har are a people from the past, a past to be subsumed by the unrelenting change of the modern world.
I'm going to have to agree. From what I recall, the green orcs are better than the mag'har in almost every way from an evolutionary standpoint. Garrosh is just...HUGE...for his type of Orc.

Quote:
I must admit that I get a perverse pleasure out of watching Lochnar school Tauren Paly on orcs.
It is...entertaining.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Honestly I'm wondering about that.

Mag'har CULTURE is obviously going to go the way of the Dinosaur, but most orcs are eventually going to be brown again in the longterm, barring some fel-recurrence, such as soldiers being stationed in Outland areas and the like.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 10-31-2011, 01:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
I'm going to have to agree. From what I recall, the green orcs are better than the mag'har in almost every way from an evolutionary standpoint. Garrosh is just...HUGE...for his type of Orc.
I was under the impression that the fel corruption was just cosmetic by now in the Green orcs, is there a source on them being "better" than untouched Mag'har?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:18 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post

It is...entertaining.
1. I'm thinking the years trapped on Draenor, surviving the Red Pox and such, might have contributed to only the very biggest and nastiest Mag'har surviving. Which is why even the ones in Hellfire are HUGE standing next to a normal orc.

I never noticed before since I always play tauren, but alot of mag'har are pretty big.

2. It's cathartic, Loch is fun to read since he's got an almost lateral-thinking thing going on when he debates.

EDIT: Is that the proper way to use cathartic?

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 10-31-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 01:21 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I must admit that I get a perverse pleasure out of watching Lochnar school Tauren Paly on orcs.
Indeed. I got some popcorn and pulled clever one-liners. Cheers to Lochnar!

Popcorn, Genesis?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochnar View Post
There is a REASON the clans only met every 4-6 years.
Just going to correct this. The orcish clans met twice a year.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Kosh%27harg_celebration

edit: Tauren Paly is making me hate my faction. Guess I know how some Alliance players feel.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcpftw View Post
Indeed. I got some popcorn and pulled clever one-liners. Cheers to Lochnar!

Popcorn, Genesis?
I can assure you my knowledge the hordes lore from the books well written by christie golden extends beyond other folks ability to read wowpedia for there information.

Quote:
edit: Tauren Paly is making me hate my faction. Guess I know how some Alliance players feel.
Well that is a shame that you base your likes and intrests on the views of others rather then your own.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
I was under the impression that the fel corruption was just cosmetic by now in the Green orcs, is there a source on them being "better" than untouched Mag'har?
I'll have to find where it was said, but the warlock magics and demon blood actually made them bigger.

Sky has a good theory though.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
I can assure you my knowledge the hordes lore from the books well written by christie golden extends beyond other folks ability to read wowpedia for there information.
If that's the case, than why are you almost always wrong?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Well I'm sure that's wonderful for you. I can assure you that my imaginary popcorns are absolutely delicious.

And wounded pride sustains me.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:13 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
^ Assuming Loch doesn't read too, or that he can't be just as capable a debater through other means.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 10-31-2011, 02:13 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Than why is Lochnar usually right, at least when it comes to Orcs?

And WoWpedia is the facts of each book condensed, without the context. Sure, you lose some of the enjoyment, but it's not like they can change w hat was written in the book.

And are you seriously implying that Lochnar is a scrub at their lore? He's been posting on the Story Forums for ages, and always posts reasonable, well thought out arguments, and generally shows little bias.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:17 PM

Eternal

But he isn't right though, thats the point, he only uses half the facts and blags the rest based on his own bias opinion.

The funny thing is I've not seen anything from his posts that indicates a more indepth knowledge of the orcs in the grand scheme of things, and only seems to base it more on segments of personal intrest rather then an unbias perspective.

/flicks popcorn in the air and chews on it.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:20 PM

Elune

I'm fairly positive that most of the people discussing the lore, including Lochnar, have at least a firm grasp on the lore. Most of the people here have read most of the novels, comics, graphic novels, manga, done most of the quests in the game, played Warcraft 1, 2, or 3, etc. I'm fairly certain that in comparison to most Scrolls posters, your knowledge of the lore is substandard, Tauren Paly.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM

Hippogryph

Wait...Lochnar is the biased one in this debate?

I want whatever it is you're smoking Tauren Paly, must be potent as hell.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
I'm fairly positive that most of the people discussing the lore, including Lochnar, have at least a firm grasp on the lore. Most of the people here have read most of the novels, comics, graphic novels, manga, done most of the quests in the game, played Warcraft 1, 2, or 3, etc. I'm fairly certain that in comparison to most Scrolls posters, your knowledge of the lore is substandard, Tauren Paly.
and I'm fairless certain you don't know jack about me, because if you actully read back over a lot of my posts you'd see I do have a lot of knowledge of the lore, I do take that time to read, and... oh my, I actully form an opinion of my own based on my personal likes and dislikes about the characters and stories.
Why did I take you off ignore now?

also I find it funny I'm the only one being accused of being bias when it just seeps from these forums.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
But he isn't right though, thats the point, he only uses half the facts and blags the rest based on his own bias opinion.

The funny thing is I've not seen anything from his posts that indicates a more indepth knowledge of the orcs in the grand scheme of things, and only seems to base it more on segments of personal intrest rather then an unbias perspective.

/flicks popcorn in the air and chews on it.
...you called the Orcs an Honorable and Just race. Really, Just? The orcs don't really have a sense of justice. The orc on the street wants a war with the "Dog Alliance", which you would have gotten if you read the Shattering.

With the exception of Thrall, a majority of the Orcs still watch and love the slave gladiatorial combat.

And, when Cairne + Garrosh was fighting, the majority of the crowd was on Garrosh's side; even Tauren where filing in to cheer for Garrosh. Only a few old veterans like Saurfang, and the wiser of the Tauren where there for Cairne.

Garrosh is what the NPCs wanted. A leader that is there for war. To stick it to the Alliance, who's been 'oppressing' them all these years.

Thrall, Saurfang, and a few of the veterans are the anomaly among the orcs. Most orcs are completely unrepentant and indignant about the First and Second Wars, and one successful/one attempted acts of genocide. They even hate the Alliance from imprisoning them. You know, after they just attempted to commit genocide against humans.

I rofl everytime you call the Orcs a 'just' race. And the fact that your bias has you (even jokingly) threaten people who like Garrosh and his direction for the Horde. And you are really calling Lochnar biased in comparison?

/facepalm
Old 10-31-2011, 02:31 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Tauren Paly, just stop for a moment and consider where you are and the sort of people with whom you are discussing. Your boasting is not going to impress.

Quote:

Are you talking here about Lochnar or yourself?

Quote:
also I find it funny I'm the only one being accused of being bias when it just seeps from these forums.
And what sort of bias is that?

Last edited by Genesis; 10-31-2011 at 02:33 PM..