Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57826  
Old 05-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,266

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

The "totally exonerating" unredacted version of the Mueller report is now being withheld by way of "executive privilege."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...mueller-report

I just don't understand why conservatives hate America so much that they support this guy still. He is tearing the Constitution and the country apart.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57827  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:52 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,295

Default

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/07/u...n-encinia.html

They fucking murdered her and got away with it.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #57828  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,117

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
The "totally exonerating" unredacted version of the Mueller report is now being withheld by way of "executive privilege."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...mueller-report

I just don't understand why conservatives hate America so much that they support this guy still. He is tearing the Constitution and the country apart.
You understand that its a Supreme Court ruling that prevents that, right?

That, as has been reported multiple times, the report was offered to congress fully unredacted except for grand jury info.

Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.

Barr cannot hand it over. Even if Congress orders.

Barr can, at his discretion, petition the court to allow it, but there is nothing saying the court would agree. But heres the kicker. Congress can make the same plea. The unsealing of grand jury material is a big deal, with supreme court dictated rules that long predate Trump.

What congress is asking for is illegal, and no amount of media posturing and twisting will make them the good guys here.

But, I mean, I just know what im talking about, instead of running rabid like a conspiracy theorist.

But, I mean, hey. You can try for impeachment. That'll make it more likely to get access, but still not a certainty.

You need to go after the Judicial, not Executive, to get what you want.

Tell your party to stop barking at the wind and actually do something about it, instead of just making noise.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57829  
Old 05-14-2019, 03:35 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,266

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
You understand that its a Supreme Court ruling that prevents that, right?

That, as has been reported multiple times, the report was offered to congress fully unredacted except for grand jury info.

Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.

Barr cannot hand it over. Even if Congress orders.

Barr can, at his discretion, petition the court to allow it, but there is nothing saying the court would agree. But heres the kicker. Congress can make the same plea. The unsealing of grand jury material is a big deal, with supreme court dictated rules that long predate Trump.

What congress is asking for is illegal, and no amount of media posturing and twisting will make them the good guys here.

But, I mean, I just know what im talking about, instead of running rabid like a conspiracy theorist.

But, I mean, hey. You can try for impeachment. That'll make it more likely to get access, but still not a certainty.

You need to go after the Judicial, not Executive, to get what you want.

Tell your party to stop barking at the wind and actually do something about it, instead of just making noise.
Fake news. That doesn't really cover Congressional inquiries and it definitely doesn't cover the White House. Stop covering for your party's anti-American and treasonous activities.

By the way, your governor is also apparently a "conspiracy theorist" now.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57830  
Old 05-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,117

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Fake news. That doesn't really cover Congressional inquiries and it definitely doesn't cover the White House. Stop covering for your party's anti-American and treasonous activities.

By the way, your governor is also apparently a "conspiracy theorist" now.
It absolutely does. Past special councils had the same issue, although due to a variety of reasons, the judicial branch approved congress to get the information. Scalia, IIRC, voted to approved the unveiling of info to congress under the idea of "Congress needs to see it under the circumstances of impeachment" in one of them.

Which is why I mentioned impeachment.

Grand Jury info is sealed. Period. Congress does not get to say otherwise.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57831  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:59 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,091

Default

I'm curious to see how this tariff thing with China plays out. Out of all Trump's platforms, this was the only one that actually turned Republican aims in a different direction, and it's the only policy that could leave a lasting impact on Republican leanings once Trump withers away.

If this trade thing was going to happen, I'd have preferred it happen under an actual leader instead of the Trumptard, but other third-party candidates who'd suggested it in the past hadn't been loud or stupid enough to win.

I guess we'll see how it goes, if it'll break us or if it'll turn into a party platform.
Reply With Quote
  #57832  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:10 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'm curious to see how this tariff thing with China plays out. Out of all Trump's platforms, this was the only one that actually turned Republican aims in a different direction, and it's the only policy that could leave a lasting impact on Republican leanings once Trump withers away.

If this trade thing was going to happen, I'd have preferred it happen under an actual leader instead of the Trumptard, but other third-party candidates who'd suggested it in the past hadn't been loud or stupid enough to win.

I guess we'll see how it goes, if it'll break us or if it'll turn into a party platform.
The greatest legacy of Trump will probably be the way elections are run. He has basically pulled out all the stops, being whatever was required of him in the moment. He was an extremist when he needed to stand out and thin the herd of other party candidates then he continuously turned more and more moderate since he know an extremist can't win.

And it worked. A relative outsider won against all odds, others will take note of that. Expect fluid and pandering politicians who will say anything to get elected while meaning nothing. This might eventually open the door to a true extremist because people will become desperate for someone who actually means what they say.
Reply With Quote
  #57833  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,266

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
The greatest legacy of Trump will probably be the way elections are run. He has basically pulled out all the stops, being whatever was required of him in the moment. He was an extremist when he needed to stand out and thin the herd of other party candidates then he continuously turned more and more moderate since he know an extremist can't win.

And it worked. A relative outsider won against all odds, others will take note of that. Expect fluid and pandering politicians who will say anything to get elected while meaning nothing. This might eventually open the door to a true extremist because people will become desperate for someone who actually means what they say.
That has been the case for years now. Republicans can do whatever they want. Steal, kill, rape. Their idiotic voters will vote for them regardless as long as they promise to run America further into the ground. In this nation, we only have one party that is held accountable.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57834  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:49 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
That has been the case for years now. Republicans can do whatever they want. Steal, kill, rape. Their idiotic voters will vote for them regardless as long as they promise to run America further into the ground. In this nation, we only have one party that is held accountable.
Are you talking about the Kennedys or the Clintons?

Kakwakas, you are nowhere near as cynical as we all should be. That Republican hatred is great, but you're entirely too trusting of/apologetic for those donkeys.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 05-17-2019 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57835  
Old 05-17-2019, 05:10 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,266

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Are you talking about the Kennedys or the Clintons?

Kakwakas, you are nowhere near as cynical as we all should be. That Republican hatred is great, but you're entirely too trusting of/apologetic for those donkeys.
It's not my fault you believe in conspiracy theories about pizza places and Martian sex slaves. Actual controversies result in D's stepping down, even when it's clearly a political hit job like what happened to Franken.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57836  
Old 05-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,117

Default

Theres a couple of different studies and polls out, from different people and sources reaching the same conclusion.

The left has shifted far left and are extremists. Not all thee left. But large portions.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57837  
Old 05-19-2019, 05:35 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,295

Default

"Far" is always a matter of perspective and where you stand.

Compared to the rest of the world, the American left is usually moderate.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #57838  
Old 05-21-2019, 07:09 AM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Elune
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 5,639
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Theres a couple of different studies and polls out, from different people and sources reaching the same conclusion.

The left has shifted far left and are extremists. Not all thee left. But large portions.
A couple of studies concluded the left has shifted far left and are extremists. Not all, but "large" portions.


Okay. I'm skeptical. You have any links?
__________________
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Reply With Quote
  #57839  
Old 05-21-2019, 05:34 PM
Taintedmage Taintedmage is offline

Eternal
Taintedmage's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,804

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
"Far" is always a matter of perspective and where you stand.

Compared to the rest of the world, the American left is usually moderate.
Speaking as a Non-American, that's only if you're talking economics. In regards to some social policy and particularly immigration you guys are out on your own on this one.
Look, nobody but you guys entertains the idea of amnesty. Canada sure as hell doesn't accept that and Europe can't even agree to letting in temporary asylum seekers, let alone Amnesty for illegals. Outside of the New World much of the world has right of blood citizenship (including many European countries). Right now in Canada the current head of the Tories intends on ending birthright citizenship and he's regarded as a milquetoast wet pool noodle, not a Trumpian populist. Also both Canada and Australia have what's known as the Points Based System whereas you guys still have a green card lottery an out of date garbage system.
Reply With Quote
  #57840  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:09 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,295

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
Speaking as a Non-American, that's only if you're talking economics. In regards to some social policy and particularly immigration you guys are out on your own on this one.
Look, nobody but you guys entertains the idea of amnesty. Canada sure as hell doesn't accept that and Europe can't even agree to letting in temporary asylum seekers, let alone Amnesty for illegals. Outside of the New World much of the world has right of blood citizenship (including many European countries). Right now in Canada the current head of the Tories intends on ending birthright citizenship and he's regarded as a milquetoast wet pool noodle, not a Trumpian populist. Also both Canada and Australia have what's known as the Points Based System whereas you guys still have a green card lottery an out of date garbage system.
There's more to politics than immigration and economics.

Healthcare for example.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.