Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There's also a datamined line where Sylvanas says that Nazjatar is an intentional trap to not just destroy the Alliance fleet, but the Horde fleet as well as she has ordered those she suspects of being disloyal to her to go on the expedition.

Nathanos. The next phase of our campaign is at hand.
Sail out with what remains of our fleet. The blade will guide you to the rendezvous.
Casualties on both sides will be substantial. Consider this an opportunity to weed out the disloyal.
The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come.
We have been through so much together, you and I. Trust in me, as I have ever trusted in you.
Oh, that's be the real reason, sure. I mean the logical, "as far as characters who don't know Sylvanas' real plans are concerned" reason for Thalyssra and Lor'themar to be told to accompany the fleet, they could be there ostensibly to stand in for Baine.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:22 PM

Arch-Druid

All good and well to justify Lor'themar/Talyssra, but doesn't explain why we had to be stuck with Genn and Jaina, while the Alliance war campaign champions (save Shandris) are missing and could be used instead.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-19-2019, 02:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Though if Blizzard had wished to let her get involved they could have told another story or found a way to make it work. They simply don't seem to be interested.
Ultimately, is that wrong? I understand the fandom at this point just want their expectations checked out, but I simply can't be bothered by them not doing the obvious for the sake of it.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Ultimately, is that wrong? I understand the fandom at this point just want their expectations checked out, but I simply can't be bothered by them not doing the obvious for the sake of it.
It's like having Batman sit out of the ultimate Joker showdown because he's busy.

And Tyrande is a character that has been constantly shat on for years. A Little Patience, Val'sharah, War of Thorns, when did she get a nice fist-pumping moment or show of leadership?

Leaving her out misses a lot of opportunities for character exploration and interactions.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-19-2019, 05:45 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Depends on the motivations for leaving her out and how well doing so is handled.

Right now, it seems to me that they are simply leaving her out because they grew tired of her and night elves after Legion, and that they are doing so at the (slight) expense of the story; the least they could do is to provide a believable reason for her lack of involvement.

But I do not mind Jaina or Genn being at the forefront. The fact that the former got hurt during the siege does not mean that she MUST still be sequestered at an hospital. Nor is there any reason why all of the faction champions MUST be involved. It would certainly be neat to see them get a bit more screen time, but it is not a requirement.

The fact that Tyrande isn't involved, by itself, isn't that big of a deal to me to begin with. Like I stated before, I would be satisfied by a canon explanation (if it is sensible). But this isn't a lonesome incident. This is simply the latest link in a long chain of in-game events and interviews that have eroded the faith night elf fans might have had in Blizzard.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
It's like having Batman sit out of the ultimate Joker showdown because he's busy.
I agree it is a mistake to do this comic book hero-villain build up in a fantasy universe to begin with. Makes for very stale and predictable stories if followed through.
Old Today, 07:00 AM

Arch-Druid

So, who is good at listening to other languages and knowing what is being said to be available for translation?

The Eye helm transmog thing from Crucible has been speaking to people starting yesterday, and its doing it to me now. Has been going on for about 10 minutes.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft