Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 04-09-2014, 07:16 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Just a doubt. Will this take plce during the first part of the war (in which the three clans living in Ironforge fought for the control of the city)?

Or will it take during the second part? (In which Bronzebeards and Wildhammers were attacked at once by the Dark Iron).

If it's the first, I think the map should show be Ironforge and its surrounding areas. The second phase, years later, would be the present map.

I ask because the period changes the strength of my forces: in one period, I would play the heir to the High Throne; in the other, I should not exist as a separate force (as House Anvilmar was added to the senate of the Bronzebeards).
I'd say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
It should be after Bronzebeards have taken Ironforge for themselves with all others seeking to reclaim it.
The tentposts are fresh in Grim Batol and Thaurissan City--the Wildhammer and Dark Iron forces just finished their "town halls" there, if you will. The Bronzebeards have begun consolidating the newly-won capital. The Anvilmars are perhaps in the midst of reaching an accord with the Bronzebeard government, but there is still time to turn away. Likewise, after the recent scramble over Ironforge, the time is ripe for allegiances to shift between the Bronzebeard, Wildhammer, and Dark Iron.

My question is, what year does this start at if the war began in -230?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:28 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

What's everyones opinion of the map? The placement of the SC's seem a bit unbalanced.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'd say this:

The tentposts are fresh in Grim Batol and Thaurissan City--the Wildhammer and Dark Iron forces just finished their "town halls" there, if you will. The Bronzebeards have begun consolidating the newly-won capital. The Anvilmars are perhaps in the midst of reaching an accord with the Bronzebeard government, but there is still time to turn away. Likewise, after the recent scramble over Ironforge, the time is ripe for allegiances to shift between the Bronzebeard, Wildhammer, and Dark Iron.

My question is, what year does this start at if the war began in -230?

Okey. Then I'll be a House trying to get an accord with the Bronzebeards over my seat in the senate... or something like that.

PS: Maybe... year -200?

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Okey. Then I'll be a House trying to get an accord with the Bronzebeards over my seat in the senate... or something like that.

PS: Maybe... year -200?
If you follow the main timeline. This is SoL Diplomacy, The Anvilmars might regain the crown or Lothar conquers all etc.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:38 AM

Eternal

No love for that Ice Troll tribe there I wonder what third party faction I could rp here

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:50 AM

Elune

Okey... so... Where would I begin? Dun Khadgar and Stonewrought Dam?

If so... Dun Khadgar is from now on the summer residence of the deposed Anvilmar family.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Drunk Assassin

The Bronzebeards remain open to all lines of communication and discussion, though only one term shall remain absolute - The only type of person worthy to hold a crown is the type who is able to retain it.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
No love for that Ice Troll tribe there I wonder what third party faction I could rp here
Kul Tiras? Gilneas?

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Kul Tiras? Gilneas?
I wuld imagine that Alterac and Gilneas will be the most Lordaeronian kingdoms that will intervene in the war.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-09-2014, 11:18 AM

Eternal Watcher

There's a few issue we need to settle before we start.

1. Are everyone fine with the layout of SCs?
2. How many turns per year? 1 for each month or less?
3. The normal victory conditions or special? How long will the war last?

Quote:
I wuld imagine that Alterac and Gilneas will be the most Lordaeronian kingdoms that will intervene in the war.
Stromgarde is the closest. It wouldn't be weird for them to not have something to say about their neighbour having a civil war.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
There's a few issue we need to settle before we start.

1. Are everyone fine with the layout of SCs?
3. The normal victory conditions or special? How long will the war last?

Stromgarde is the closest. It wouldn't be weird for them to not have something to say about their neighbour having a civil war.
True... Though their are separated by the canal. Alterac and Gilneas were implied to be best buddies with the dwarves (in general); it wuld be interesting to know wheter they will support each faction actively or if they will quirurgically attack certain places (the most likely startegy, since they don't have the manpower nor the presence in the region).

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
This is easy--we literally have hundreds of years to work with before it collides with the main timeline. We can do standard time passage with spring and fall turns.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
This is easy--we literally have hundreds of years to work with before it collides with the main timeline. We can do standard time passage with spring and fall turns.
I agree with Baron... But maybe monthly-turns would make it more... believable?

I also think that there could be some... temporal bonus and malus depending on the time of the year: less movility and supplies in winter, or something like that.

-----------------------------------------------------

I am okey with layout. And I think that normal conditions are fine.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 05-18-2014, 08:34 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Map Showing my Cards v1: What They Want to Hear

To : ijffdrie
Date : 2013-10-17 22:12
Title : We Humans Have to Stick Together
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What say we form an early alliance against the others in Grackle's new war game?

=============================================
To : Anansi
Date : 2013-10-18 23:27
Title : Re: We Humans Have to Stick Together
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi
Have you given my offer any consideration? If you take Southshore, Azurelode and Hillsbrad while I take Elem Mine, Internment Camp and Ambermill, the two of us could become superpowers early in the game and score an allied victory!
This sounds like a tactic that would ensure strategic superiority, and secure my naval interests at the same time. Deal.

To : kath
Date : 2013-10-18 23:29
Greetings, Lordaeron! I write to offer you a standing truce between your nation and that of Dalaran, so that our efforts may be better served in dealing with the trash running rampant through the Alterac region. I give you my word your campaign through the northern territories will go unmolested by Dalarani agents if you swear to respect the sanctity of our Violet Citadel.

What say you, ambassador?

To : kath
Date : 2013-10-23 13:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by kath
Greetings and Salutations, Fair Wizard!

While a pact of non-aggression would surely be cause for celebration between our two peoples, perhaps we may be better served by a full-fledged alliance-in-arms. Orcish unrest stirs to the south and east. Rebellious nobles would lay siege to the lands of Stromgarde. Worst yet... dirty, stinking dwarfs are marching north from their mountain holds. Let our swords and staves stand strong together - let us crush all who would oppose the righteous steel of humanity!

What say you, friend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kath
Also... the noble King Terenas has had a very serious think about it, and changed his mind about the dwarfs. They seem pretty friendly and stuff, so like, let's be cool with them?

Once again, let us reiterate our desire for peace and unity atwixt our two sovereign nations, and furthermore let us seriously reiterate our desire for Dalaran's continued presence/re-entry into our noble Alliance.
Hail, Ambassador!

I would like to apologize for my delayed response.

The Council of Six would like to extend their appreciation of your appreciation for Dalaran's presence in our Alliance. In the interests of unity, prosperity and the righteous smiting of filthy heathen trash, we are glad to commit ourselves once more to the common good of humanity and the Light.

Furthermore, the Council has agreed to honor your wishes with respect to the local Dwarven clans and will initiate no campaigns of hostility against their holdings unless explicitly provoked.

For the glory of the Alliance!

============================================
To : Tilgath
Date : 2013-10-23 13:14
To whom it may concern,

The Council of Six, ruling body of the nation of Dalaran, expresses sympathy for the displaced refugees known commonly as the Syndicate. The Council wishes it to be known that Dalaran had no involvement in the destruction of Alterac's capital and harbors no ill-will toward those surviving scions of Perenolde who seek yet to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.

As such, the Council of Six respectfully requests a truce of the sons of Alterac. Dalaran has no interest in adding to the hardships of ones who have already suffered so much and hopes in turn that you will refrain from striking toward our own holdings.

To : ijffdrie
Date : 2013-10-23 13:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie
This sounds like a tactic that would ensure strategic superiority, and secure my naval interests at the same time. Deal.
Greetings once more, noble Kul Tiras!

The Council is pleased to hear of your cooperation in these dark times. It has come to our attention that through some treachery the Orcs of Warsong Clan have relocated without warning to threaten the southern coast. The Council is concerned for our allies on the seas and promises swift aid to your advance forces as soon as our own difficulties with the marauding Syndicate and encroaching Lordaeron army have been dealt with.

Date : 2013-10-23 13:24
While the orcs prove a problem due to their proximity to soutshore, I remain fairly certain that I can take control of a superior strategic position. While your help is certainly appreciated to destroy them, there is no urgent need of it in these early stages.

Date : 2013-10-23 19:16
Quote:
To whom it may concern,

The Council of Six, ruling body of the nation of Dalaran, expresses sympathy for the displaced refugees known commonly as the Syndicate. The Council wishes it to be known that Dalaran had no involvement in the destruction of Alterac's capital and harbors no ill-will toward those surviving scions of Perenolde who seek yet to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.

As such, the Council of Six respectfully requests a truce of the sons of Alterac. Dalaran has no interest in adding to the hardships of ones who have already suffered so much and hopes in turn that you will refrain from striking toward our own holdings.
To the Council of Six,

Your message has been received and relayed to King Perenolde and the Lords of Alterac. It pleases His Royal Highness to learn of Dalaran's innocence in the unspeakable tragedy of Alterac City's fall. Our two nations have a long history of friendship and cooperation, and we look forward to continuing that tradition of peace.

The True and Rightful rulers of Alterac agree to Dalaran's proposal.

Sincerely,
King Aiden Perenolde, Lord of Alterac and Leader of The Syndicate of Loyal Alterac Nobles and Citizens.

Date : 2013-10-23 19:35
Title : Stormpike Ambassador
Greetings, herald of Dalaran.

It has recently come to the eyes of the Stormpike Clan that we may very well be having a little clash in the Western Alterac region. I can assure you that it is not in the intentions of the Stormpike Vanguard to cause trouble to the noble Dalaran, who we all know is powerful but also tactical. We need at least one supply center in the West to be able to contain the vile Warsong Clan who will surely intend to take over Alterac, wich probably involves the destruction of your magical city.

Surely, you can allow the Stormpike to watch over the Lordamere Internment Camp? I am not planning on moving forward to the West after that. Consider this to be another protection against the vile Orcs from the south.

Do we have a deal on this one?

To : Trickster
Date : 2013-10-23 19:52
Title : Re: Stormpike Ambassador
Well met, Ambassador.

The Council of Six has considered your request and deigned to grant you its blessing. Dalaran consents to allow the worthy Dwarves of Stormpike access to the land and resources of the Lordamere Internment Camp.

In return, the Council will expect that should our home ever come under siege itself, you and your Clan will stand ready to lend the violet city your strength in her defense.

Lightspeed, friend, and may the wrath of Azeroth once more pound these demon-bred curs into their rightful place.

Date : 2013-11-01 12:10
Title : Some disquieting news along Lake Lordamere
To the Council of Six,

Due to our agreement to keeping a peace between us, the Syndicate wishes to inform Dalaran of some...disturbing developments. King Aiden has received threatening messages from the Stormpike dwarves inhabiting the area known as "Alterac Valley". As a result, we need to take action to ensure Fallen Alterac does not come under attack from these upstarts.

King Aiden has ordered the wise Council of Six to be informed because it may appear as if our forces are moving against Dalaran, due to the geographical direction we must need take. But rest assured, this is simply not the case.

If the Council has any questions, feel free to contact us at your leisure. It is our Gracious and Kindly King's hope that by alerting you to our movements beforehand, we are proving the Syndicate to be a true and honest friend to Dalaran.

Sincerely,
The Syndicate of Loyal Alterac Nobles and Citizens, led by King Aiden Perenolde, Lord of Alterac.

Date : 2013-11-01 17:03
Title : Re: Some disquieting news along Lake Lordamere
The Council is pleased to receive assurance that the Syndicate of Loyal Alterac Nobles and Citizens' business in the area is not directed toward the Violet City itself. The Council sends its thanks to the gracious King Aiden for this communication.

Date : 2013-11-05 17:11
Title : The orphaned children of Fallen Alterac call out for aid
By now, the Council of Six has seen the evidence of dwarven aggression. I present a proposal to end this threat to both our peoples: assist me in taking the Lordamere Internment Camp. If so, the Stormpike would be left surrounded with nowhere to go. The threat on the Violet City's doorstep would be neutralized. The Syndicate, on the other hand, would be forever thankful, as well as completely open in regards to assisting Dalaran in future endeavors.

I hope our two nations, who shared this region for thousands of years, will come out of this conflict prosperous.

Sincerely,
King Aiden Perenolde, Lord of Alterac and leader of the Syndicate of Loyal Alterac Nobles and Citizens.

Date : 2013-11-06 13:13
Title : Re: The orphaned children of Fallen Alterac call out for aid
To his gracious majesty King Aiden,

The Council of Six is grieved to hear of your conflict with the local Dwarven tribes and deeply concerned for the survival of your ancient and noble kingdom. It has come to our attention, furthermore, that a rogue band of escaped convicts calling itself the "Warsong Clan" is advancing upon the Lordamere Internment Camps with intent of releasing the dangerous beasts contained therein. As such, the Council has unanimously decided to assist your soldiers in their occupation of that area, thereby lending strength to your worthy cause and simultaneously addressing the threat of armed insurrection by these reckless savages. May our mutual fellowship signal a new dawn for Humanity as a whole.

Signed in the name of their preeminences Antonidas, Krasus, Kel'Thuzad, Sunstrider, Drenden and Modera:
Jean Delalum, Minister of Foreign Affairs

To : Trickster
Date : 2013-11-05 18:44
Title : Emissary from the Dalaran Council
To the worthy Vanndar Stormpike:

The Council of Six was grieved to receive word of the difficulty you encountered in establishing a base near the Lordamere Internment Camps and wishes more than anything to provide you the support necessary to take that location. However, our estimates predict that even with the aid of our full military might the earliest you could complete any meaningful occupation would be in late Autumn. Considering the known and estimated locations of foreign powers, the Council is concerned that by waging a campaign against the encroaching Syndicate and Orcish insurgents, although doubtless such a campaign would succeed, you would leave your homelands vulnerable long enough for the Frostwolf Orcs to invade.

The Council wishes to know how you intend to proceed.

Signed in the name of their preeminences Antonidas, Krasus, Kel'Thuzad, Sunstrider, Drenden and Modera:

Date : 2013-11-05 18:55
Title : Re: Emissary from the Dalaran Council
Quote:
To the worthy Vanndar Stormpike:

The Council of Six was grieved to receive word of the difficulty you encountered in establishing a base near the Lordamere Internment Camps and wishes more than anything to provide you the support necessary to take that location. However, our estimates predict that even with the aid of our full military might the earliest you could complete any meaningful occupation would be in late Autumn. Considering the known and estimated locations of foreign powers, the Council is concerned that by waging a campaign against the encroaching Syndicate and Orcish insurgents, although doubtless such a campaign would succeed, you would leave your homelands vulnerable long enough for the Frostwolf Orcs to invade.

The Council wishes to know how you intend to proceed.

Legitimate concerns. With the Syndicate invading from the North, the Stormpike Clan will have to focus more on them, wich will also protect Dalaran from theses vile thieves.

Sadly, fighting the Warsong Clan won't be easy if we are busy in the North. Still, theses can be considered good news for the powerful and great Dalaran. Me not fighting the Warsong immediately means that I will not have to spread further south than the internement camp. Wich means all this territory is yours.

The Frostwolves will not attack Dun Baldar. We've talked with them and realised that this whole Field of Stife thing was giving us a bad name as idiots who can't end such a small war after that many years. Besides, the Ironforge Brigade is coming for them, with the help of Stromgarde.

Joining our alliance would assure Dalaran a place in this new world. And not a small one, the whole south-west Lordaeron. You have much to win in helping the Stormpike Clan. The only thing that would be asked of you would be supporting the Stormpike Clan on the Lordamere Internement Camp to make they resist to the Syndicate. And of course not attacking your allies, but only the primitive Orcs who don't really know what honor is do that.

So tell me me, noble Council of the Six, will the Stormpike Clan call you friend? Will it call you brother? Will Dalaran remake the world at it's side?

To : Shroombie
Date : 2013-11-06 13:16
Title : An Emissary and Armed Escort Walk into Camp
The Dalaran Council offers wary greeting to the so-called Frostwolf orc-clan of the Alterac Mountains. It has been decided that your organization should be afforded an opportunity to demonstrate its peaceful intentions with regard to the race of Man in general and the Violet City in particular. If the Frostwolf can present a case in defense of their successful socialization, Dalaran is prepared to recognize the orc-clan as a sovereign and independent state and vote in favor of such recognition should Frostwolf's legitimacy be openly questioned by one or more Human Kingdoms in the future.

To this end, the Council has decided to dispatch a messenger to your territory bearing this missive. The messenger's bodyguards are there for his protection and are under orders not to attack any of your kind unless provoked. If you are prepared to forsake the bloodthirsty traditions of violence and cruelty demonstrated before the Alliance's victory over your "Horde" and become a legitimate member of Azeroth's civilized world, you will treat this messenger with dignity and respect and return him with your response. If none of you is able to write in Azerothian commonscript, the messenger is prepared to record anything you wish to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:45 AM

Drunk Assassin

Duplicitous scum, all of you!

Ultimate Sovereign Imperative has been proven to be the only sound option after these revelations!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Map Showing my Cards v2: Revel in my Duplicity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
Duplicitous scum, all of you!

Ultimate Sovereign Imperative has been proven to be the only sound option after these revelations!
Teeheehee! That is, mwahahaha!

Date : 2013-11-06 14:10
Title : A Proposition
To his majesty Aiden I,

Dalaran is ever loath to forsake their friends and allies, and although the Dwarves of Stormpike have to be sure committed rampant acts of aggression against your people the Council retains hope that a mutually agreeable peace might yet be achieved.

Their preeminences understand you may be reluctant to come to any accord with the likes of Stormpike, but they wish nevertheless to present you with a potential coordinated campaign between our two Human nations and that land-greedy dwarf-clan. This plan has been classified for your majesties' eyes only. Should you agree with our strategy, a Dalaran courier shall be sent to the Dwarves, who will, if they have even a shred of decency, doubtless accept our terms.

The plan would proceed as follows:
-(Spring)You would mobilize your advance troops immediately. The Dalaran Second Regular Brigade would offer covering fire and support as you establish a base near the Lordamere Internment Camps. The Warsong savages may attempt to interfere, but would be no match for our combined forces. I surmise you will have successfully occupied the region by the Summer solstice. This maneuver would require the Dwarves to cede any claim to the Lordamere camps, but if they can see beyond the immediate present they will find acquiescence to their interest.
---(Growless takes Lordamere Camps, Violet Citadel supports Growless to Lordamere Camps, Gavin's Naze holds)
-(Autumn)With your position by the Lordamere Internment Camps secure and Winter on the way, your troops would be well positioned to participate in an Autumn assault on the Hillsbrad farmlands, which currently are terrorized by Orcish raiders. With Stormpike Dwarves leading the charge and good Alterac steel at their back, the Orcs would be forced to retreat. The Dwarves, though your immediate rivals for the Lordamere territory, would surely be satisfied in the equally valuable fields of Hillsbrad.
---(Gavin's Naze takes Hillsbrad Fields, Lordamere Camp supports Gavin's Naze to Hillsbrad Fields)

The Dalaran Council believes that this strategy would best contribute to the mutual good of Alterac and Stormpike and at the same time cripple the Orcish threat. In the name of peace, their preeminences would like your majesty to grant it due consideration.

Date : 2013-11-06 19:45
Title : Re: A Proposition
To the Council of Six,

After careful consideration, I have decided to support your proposal. In return for Dalaran's assistance in our annexation of the Lordamere Internment Camp, the Syndicate's army will aid the Stormpike in destroying the rampaging Warsong Clan.

I shall await word from the Violet Citadel as to whether or not the dwarves were sober enough to see reason and agree to the proposal.

Sincerely,
King Aiden Perenolde, Lord of Alterac and leader of The Syndicate of Loyal Alterac Nobles and Citizens.

Date : 2013-11-06 21:08
Title : Re: An Emissary and Armed Escort Walk into Camp
To whoever the head of the Dalaran clan may be,

We seek nothing more than to live in harmony with the land and the elements. I have heard you too wish for peace. While I might be wary of what your notion 'civilization' entails, the Frostwolves hope that our two peoples can come together and learn from each other.
I would note that the behavior of the 'Horde' as you call it, is an aberration. My fellow clans have been corrupted by foul demons, and perverted by dark magic. As far as I know, only us Frostwolves have stayed true to the ways of the ancestors. If we are to truly live in peace, I request that all Orcish prisoners and captives be sent to us, so that we may rehabilitate them and show them the will of the ancestors.

Strength and Honor,
Drek'Thar, of the Frostwolf.

To : WhinyAlly
Date : 2013-11-07 11:24
Title : Emissary from the Dalaran Council
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly
Legitimate concerns. With the Syndicate invading from the North, the Stormpike Clan will have to focus more on them, wich will also protect Dalaran from theses vile thieves.

Sadly, fighting the Warsong Clan won't be easy if we are busy in the North. Still, theses can be considered good news for the powerful and great Dalaran. Me not fighting the Warsong immediately means that I will not have to spread further south than the internement camp. Wich means all this territory is yours.

The Frostwolves will not attack Dun Baldar. We've talked with them and realised that this whole Field of Stife thing was giving us a bad name as idiots who can't end such a small war after that many years. Besides, the Ironforge Brigade is coming for them, with the help of Stromgarde.

Joining our alliance would assure Dalaran a place in this new world. And not a small one, the whole south-west Lordaeron. You have much to win in helping the Stormpike Clan. The only thing that would be asked of you would be supporting the Stormpike Clan on the Lordamere Internement Camp to make they resist to the Syndicate. And of course not attacking your allies, but only the primitive Orcs who don't really know what honor is do that.

So tell me me, noble Council of the Six, will the Stormpike Clan call you friend? Will it call you brother? Will Dalaran remake the world at it's side?
The Council of Six wishes it to be known that Dalaran is and always shall be a friend to the Dwarves. Nevertheless, as the principle agency of peace in this time of conflict the Council finds itself obliged to deal equitably and impartially with all its neighboring factions. As such, I regret to inform you that our forces will not be available to support your occupation of the Lordamere Interment Camps.

However, following negotiation with the so-called Syndicate of Alterac, the Council is pleased to report that plans have been set in motion to allow you secure access to the fields and orchards of Hillsbrad, which now languish under Orcish occupation. Here is the plan as agreed to by Syndicate leadership:

-This Spring Dalaran will support the Syndicate's advance into the Lordamere Internment Camps. You yourself will be asked to hold back while they establish base and fortifications. (Syndicate takes LIC with Dalaran support)
-This coming Autumn, the Syndicate will offer your Dwarves covering fire and support as you charge the Orcish encampments in Hillsbrad. The foolish Orcs will never expect a joint attack from the Stormpike Dwarves and Syndicate raiders, as you are commonly believed to be enemies. They will be forced to retreat, and you will gain the valuable farmlands of Hillsbrad by the end of the year. (Stormpike take Hillsbrad Fields with Syndicate support)

The Council recognizes that old hatreds can be hard to dismiss, and deeply regrets the circumstances which make this alliance necessary, but it is their hope that this arrangement will satisfy both of their neighbors' pressing need for land.

Date : 2013-11-07 22:08
A good plan, but what if the Syndicate strikes at the Stormpike from the internement camp, once they hold it? Will Dalaran allow such a betrayal?

Date : 2013-11-07 22:21
Certainly not. If the Syndicate attempts to renege on this bargain, Dalaran will be forced to put them down permanently.

Date : 2013-11-07 22:23
Then I accept this...truce.

Tell the Syndicate the Stormpike will hold, and watch them closely. Thank you, friend of the Stormpike.

Date : 2013-11-07 22:27
Title : Re: A Proposition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath
To the Council of Six,

After careful consideration, I have decided to support your proposal. In return for Dalaran's assistance in our annexation of the Lordamere Internment Camp, the Syndicate's army will aid the Stormpike in destroying the rampaging Warsong Clan.

I shall await word from the Violet Citadel as to whether or not the dwarves were sober enough to see reason and agree to the proposal.

Sincerely,
King Aiden Perenolde, Lord of Alterac and leader of The Syndicate of Loyal Alterac Nobles and Citizens.
The Stormpike have acquiesced to our terms. Prepare your troops for battle.

Date : 2013-11-19 20:10
Title : Regarding the Alterac Situation
Greetings to Vanndar Stormpike,

The Council of Six is interested to know how you intend to proceed with regard to the Syndicate of Alterac, which presses close on the territory of both our states. Although Dalaran is ever loathe to make foe of an ally, the Six believe decisive military action may be the only viable means to suppress that rabble of banditry.

Date : 2013-11-19 22:32
Title : Re: Regarding the Alterac Situation
Yes, the Stormpike Clan was wondering the same thing, yet decided to wait until Dalaran contacts us. We do not intend to make an ennemy of you and respect your wisdom. But you are right, the Syndicate are a nuisance now that they have been used. I recommend having one of your army (Deep Elem Mine) attack it, with support from the Stormpike Clan from Hillsbrad Fields. Once you've taken it, you can easily move the Dalaran and Lordamere Internement Camp armies up North and finish them off. With that done, the North will be yours and the Stormpike Clan will be able to deal with the Warsong threat without fear of having the Syndicate backstab them.

That's what the Dun Baldar tacticians have come up with. If you have a better idea, they would love to hear it. And since you wouldn't really need to use your Ambermill army immediately, perhaps you could support the Stormpike in Hillsbrad Fields when they resist the assaults of Kul'Tiras and the Warsong Clan?

Date : 2013-11-20 12:57
The Council has reviewed your proposition and believes it to be an excellent plan. Their preeminences further suggest that your warriors stationed at Dun Baldar move into Gavin's Naze so as to better narrow the Syndicate's paths of retreat.

These are dark days, when Azeroth's civilized races find themselves waged in war against their fellows, but we do what we must. Alterac must be contained.

Date : 2013-11-20 15:23
Very well then. With the Syndicate gone, no ennemy faction will be able to reach us with Dalaran protecting the north border and the Stormpikes protecting the southern one.

Date : 2013-11-20 13:09
Title : Desperate Times
Hail to King Aiden I, Lord of the Sovereign Nation of Alterac,

The Council of Six is displeased to note that the kingdom of Lordaeron has refused Dalaran's patient and reasonable requests to disarm and vacate the Alterac region. As such, the Council finds itself forced to consider that nation an enemy of the City and the State.

Accordingly, the Council wishes to suggest that Dalaran and Alterac come together to remind King Terenas that his meddling interventionism is not welcome here, and to dismantle the Lordaeron presence south of Lake Lordamere.

Our strategists have formulated a rough plan of action for your majesty to review. Your highness is welcome to propose alterations as he judges appropriate.

This spring, Dalarani forces will be mobilized from Deep Elem Mine and the Violet City to Eastern Lordamere and the Misty Shore. Their preeminences suggest you simultaneously move your garrison at Alterac City to Slaughter Hollow, by which we may completely encircle Lordaeron's armed forces. This autumn, the Dalarani brigade stationed on the Misty Shore will support your soldiers in their assault on Dandred's Fold. Next year we shall drive Lordaeron from Lordamere Lake entirely, thwarting Terenas' misjudged imperialism.

Furthermore, as a matter of national security, the Council is interested to learn of your present intentions toward the Stormpike Dwarves. It seems unlikely that the land-greedy clan will be satisfied by their new holdings in Hillsbrad...

Date : 2013-11-21 11:29
Title : ...........
To the most venerable Lord Anansi.

It has come to our attention that the Syndicate forces are too far to the east in the Greater Alterac Region.

Would you be interested in a joint operation with the... Kingdom of Lordaeron?

To : Kir the Wizard
Date : 2013-11-21 12:16
Title : Re: ...........
Greetings Minister Kir,

Your concern regarding Alterac and the lawless Syndicate is shared by their preeminences of Dalaran's High Council. It is clear something must be done to eliminate this rabble once and for all.

If Lordaeron can pacify the local ogres long enough to dismantle the Syndicate's hold on Alterac's ruins, Dalaran will deal with their forces to the south. Together we should have little trouble putting an end to Perenolde's black legacy.

Date : 2013-11-21 12:35
The attack on the ogres was our original intention, true. However, it appears that we are at a tactical disadvantage, in which any hope of gathering a strong enough force to support an attack on the Uplands leaves one of the forces open for attacks by one or both ogre armies.

Noting the admirable extent of the Silverpine supply centers used by the Nation of Dalaran to further the Alliance's goals in the region, we would like to suggest moving the front further eastwards, to Alterac. In light of this development, the Syndicate's control over the Lordamere camp is especially troubling.

Although this supply center was originally set up by the Lordaeronian authority, we see it fit to have the most successful of the Alliance powers so far to take control over it, indefinitely, seeing as it is especially close to the Violet Citadel. Given the Syndicate's... lack of allies, aside from the ogres, we would like to suggest a joint operation by the two of your Silverpine armies to retake this region in the name of Dalaran and the Alliance.

In such a turn of events, the southern Syndicate army is likely to retreat to the Growless Cave, where it would be up for the taking for the Violet Citadel troops.

Meanwhile, we move a knight army from Eastern Lordamere to the Misty Shore, reinforced by the Dandred's Fold. That stops the anti-ogre front at the Slaughter Hollow frontline, from which they would be unlikely to progress further west without threatening their eastern front. While the ogres are at a RISK, we reinforce your attack on the Growless Cave, should the Syndicate escape there.

That way, in 3 seasons we would have a secure formation for the Siege of Alterac - with a Misty Shore army attacking the keep, reinforced by the Dalaran army from the Growless cave.

Would you agree with such a turn of events?

To : Kir the Wizard
Date : 2013-11-22 08:43
A sound plan. It is an honor to be entrusted with the ward and maintenance of these internment camps. Their preeminences the High Councillors wish to express their concern that the ogre situation may spiral out of control, but rest assured that should your holdings in Dandred's Fold come under threat, Dalaran's armies will gladly come to your aid. But first, Alterac! City of traitors! Let it be finished once and for all!

Date : 2013-11-22 08:51
Excellent! The ogre situation is indeed dire, but there is unfortunately little we can do about it right now, aside from going on a suicide course between the anvil and the hammer. However, if we manage to finish the Syndicate forces ASAP, we may get just enough troops to destroy the ogre threat - assuming that Stromgarde does cooperate.

The Royal Council trusts the wisdom of the Most Eminent Republic to proceed with the plans we discussed, and to review them by the end of this season.

For our great nations and the Alliance!

Date : 2013-11-22 15:51
Title : Urgent Correspondence
To the gracious King Aiden I,

Their preeminences are concerned by your silence in response to their latest communications and would inquire after your health and the state of your affairs. Time grows short and we must confirm our strategy for the coming year lest the newly rejuvenated Lordaeronian invasion and expansionist Dwarves seize the chance to strike.

Date : 2013-11-22 17:11
Title : Re: Urgent Correspondence
To the Council of Six,

King Aiden sends his deepest regrets for the tardiness of this reply. We intercepted a black dragon whelp crossing over Alterac Valley into Fallen Alterac's territory. Suffice it to say, this event required the Syndicate's full attention.

Now that the King and his councilors have had an opportunity to review your plans for Lordaeron, my lord father has bid me to inform you that the Syndicate wholeheartedly agrees with your course of action. Truth be told, King Aiden had already been planning on taking advantage of the recent chaos in Lordaeron to push into Lake Lordamere. It shall serve Terenas right after he degraded Alterac by naming it a "protectorate of Lordaeron".

Our only hesitance in moving our armies was, as you alluded to, the Stormpike dwarves. If our army stationed at the Lordamere Internment Camp were to move, we have no doubt the dwarves would invade the instant we vacated. However, with Dalaran and the Syndicate pushing against Lordaeron together, our other army will be free to remain stationed at the camp to keep an eye on Stormpike aggression.

Here's hoping Lordaeron's recent reordering comes to a swift end.

Sincerely,
Prince Aliden Perenolde, Heir of Alterac and Grand General of the Syndicate.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 08:58 AM

Elune

Lets see what I still have. I kinda deleted a few, but should still have plenty around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie
To the High Cheiftain of Kul'Tiras,

Be you friend, or foe?

-Drek'thar, of the Frostwolf.
I stand alongside Dalaran and Lordaeron, and must therefore accept you as an ally. I do not like working with you, orc, but I will honor that alliance. As my allies can attest, I was the one to propose the joint assault on Crushridge Hold. Despite my personal grievances, I am able to act in a professional capacity if the situation demands it.

With that said, I would like to propose a deal regarding the aftermath of this war. The alliance does not backstab or betray its allies. However, that puts us in a difficult position regarding alterac valley. Both Northerac and the Frostwolves are considered current allies, yet claim the same territory.

As such, I would like to propose an alternative. The warsong captives said that you were banished to the valley, and that the living circumstances there are very difficult. You want to stay away from humans, and humans want you to stay the hell away. I have an alternative home I can offer your clan. The borean tundra, in the northern lands of this world. It is a lot more hospitable than the valley, with more vegetation and very, very rich waters and hunting grounds. There are even indications of a true jungle (that's a warm area with lots of plants and animals, even more than a forest). It is also far, far larger, and almost completely unsettled by humans, except for a small sea-bound town under my control. When this war is over, my ships can carry you to the tundra, and you will be able to eke out a living far away from humanity.

However, this agreement would also include the deal that the orcs are under no circumstances allowed to build any ocean-capable vessels. In return, I will release two thousand warsong orcs, all too young to have fought in the great war, to you.
While your offer is generous, we chose the Valley because it is harsh. Our endurance of it's ferocity was to be our penance for the sins of my race. However, it would seem that war follows my kind like the shadow follows the hawk. For this to change, I fear my people will have to abandon their traditions. To embark on yet another exodus would be to ignore why such a journey is needed.

I seek survival for my people. For that, the Frostwolves must learn to live with the people of this world, and not hide ourselves away.

Your willingness to put aside your prejudices is noted, and admired. I too was forced by necessity into working with a traditional enemy.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
I was not informed of a unified plan regarding the frostwolves. I proposed my own solution to their king, but the frostwolves did not accept. However, it remains an open possibility.
We should discuss it together, then.

During our correspondence regarding the early actions against the ogres (which we, of Lordaeron, sent to both Dalaran and Kul Tiras) our scribes have concluded that the agreed way of dealing with the orcs is to confide them to one province of either Uplands (in which Lordaeron would have to give up its sphere of interests) or Alterac Passes (in which we'd take it from Stromgarde), from where they would make an exodus into the Hinterlands and settle in the woods there, using the orcs to fight off the local troll menace. Meanwhile Lordaeron would monitor their actions from Dandred, while Dalaran would take over Crushridge Hold.
My understanding of the situation was similar, but concluded with the Orcs relocation to the uninhabited reaches of Northrend. This plan has recently been rejected by Frostwolf representatives, who report troubling visions stemming from the frozen north, and it may be easier at this point to use the Hinterlands as your majesty Terenas II suggests.
The proposal I discussed with the frostwolf king was similar to Dalaran's, where I proposed bringing them to the Borean Tundra.

However, we've recently had trouble contacting Farshire. I fear something may have happened in the north.
It seems clear something dark stirs in the frozen North. Ominous portents and ill news are all that seem to come from Northrend anymore.

As I was recently informing his majesty Terenas II, Dalaran is currently leading a full-scale investigation into the matter and has dispatched a team of professionals to Northrend itself. Also, High Councillor Kel'Thuzad has come forward with information we believe to be crucial to solving this problem, which will be disseminated in brief at the Norterac Conference for the good of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid
Quote:
Kul Tiras' goals within the greater alterac region are no longer obtainable. The territorial sovereignty of Lordaeron interests us no longer. The knights of the red wave will retreat from Dun Garok next season.
Noted. Ironforge is willing to cease aggressions if that is the case. The season coming or the season after?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are you and Thunderbaid still at war, or are you preparing to gang up on Anansi?

Because from what I have seen, you both didn't use some useful attack moves against each other.
In order to protect the greater southshore region, I had to give up the assault on dwarven holdings. Lord Bronzebeard agreed it would be best to spend our focus on Dalaran.
Excellent.

What do you think about directing the dwarves to attack Growless Cave through underground passages?
Seems like a solid enough plan.

I'll slowly push back their southern armies. If they get no reinforcements, they will be left unable to do anything but retreat.
Check with Baron beforehand. I suppose the caves allow SUPPORT function (if they allow MOVE), but just to be sure.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What has Ironforge promised if you turn on me? A swift death? I have no more designs on your territory, but if you try to fight me now you'll destroy yourself!
Ironforge has promised nothing. It was under the violet pact that I acted against the territories of Ironforge. This pact dissolved the moment you chose to take Lordaeron's territory from its appointed protectors. Without the pact, I have no reason to stand against Ironforge. The only agreement which still stands is the one with Lordaeron, under which I was appointed protector of the southshore region, a position I will fulfill to the fullest of my capabilities.

You have many armies, mages of the council of six. But they are divided. Your scholars of magic are apparently not quite as well-taught in military tactics as they thought.
Then look to your defenses, Protector of Southshore! The Dwarves even now swarm over the west banks of the Thonroril River!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So we've had our little disagreements these last few turns, but I figure his Majesty King Terenas II and his Grace Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore must surely realize that regardless of Dalaran's recent aggression the Council of Six is still significantly more qualified to keep the peace in the Alterac region than the mad king Thoras or the poverty-stricken war machine of Ironforge.

So I'm saying I don't want to fight Lordaeron and Kul Tiras anymore. I want to stop Stromgarde and Khaz Modan, and to do that we need to work together again.

Now obviously, this is partly my filthy cowardice talking, because suddenly I actually have enemies on my borders, but think about this logically. If Dalaran does not pacify the region, who will? Would you have it fall under the incompetent rule of Khaz Modan's colonial law? Ironforge can barely manage its existing colonies, let alone a new empire in the Thondroril Basin!

Yes, you may be able to cripple the Dalaran armed forces in the next few turns, but what then? Khaz Modan will steamroll the region if given half a chance. Look at what's already happened to Warsong Cavern and Dun Garok.

Put your faith in Dalaran, as you once did. When this war is over, I assure you the interests of Lordaeron and Kul Tiras will be more than adequately represented, but I will only be able to make good on that promise if Dalaran achieves victory!

As a token of faith, I cede the territory of Azurelode Mine to the nation of Kul Tiras.
While I am loathe to accept this deal, I have little choice. Fighting both Dalaran and Ironforge is too much for my soldiers to handle and will achieve nothing in the long run. I will order my soldiers to stop their assault on the Kirin Tor and instead turn my attention to the dwarves.

Again.
I wasn't angry at the first betrayal, because I expected it. But fool me twice?

Lordaeron is currently defending what we can, being surrounded. We will not support Stromgarde, but I'd be wary of any of Dalaran's "gifts" now after how they tried to fool me with the Uplands. I don't see how you can fuck over us thrice in the row and still demand loyalty. And the presense in Lordamere Lake speaks for itself.

I'm also interested in what you sent to the goddamn Stromgarde and Khaz Modan you put in the headline. Because apparently Yaskaleh STILL thinks that Khaz Modan is his closest ally, despite all of my murkering.

For now, we stay neutral. If Stromgarde tries their idiocy of resurrecting the Syndicate, they will face our wrath once again.
Our spies intercepted communications between Lordaeron and Stromgarde and deduced that you must have secured their support for the Uplands. As such, not only did we realize our support would be redundant, we realized that you were not necessarily to be trusted.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Our spies intercepted communications between Lordaeron and Stromgarde and deduced that you must have secured their support for the Uplands. As such, not only did we realize our support would be redundant, we realized that you were not necessarily to be trusted.
Believe it or not, Stromgarde suggested it themselves just like you did (although they too tried to fool us, providing one army instead of the promised two).

Your inaction, however, has no excuse and you know it. How can I be sure you won't strike again when you're literally bringing forces at our walls? Why else would you move forces to Lordamere Lake with no ill thought?
For one thing, the second deception wasn't even really a betrayal so much as a change of plans.

For another thing, if I publicly screw you over again I feel like I would be crossing the threshold between unpredictable and untrustworthy, which is the line I am trying to tread.

For a third thing, it is not in my interest to antagonize you now, now that you have three armies and the capacity to defend your territory!

I'll use Misty Shore to support your advance into Slaughter Hollow. From there, you can help me into Gallows Corner and thence into Stromgarde's colonies.
Our deal-breaker is the Alterac City, which Stromgarde wishes to keep for itself or give to the Syndicate. Do you catch my drift?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Our deal-breaker is the Alterac City, which Stromgarde wishes to keep for itself or give to the Syndicate. Do you catch my drift?
Dalaran is prepared to grant the Kingdom of Lordaeron lordship over the lands associated with the City of Alterac. This may be affected in one of two ways.

1 Lordaeron maneuvers its forces to a point where they may reoccupy the city itself, thereby depriving Dalaran of the resources associated with the land.

2 Lordaeron assumes control over Dalaran's Second Regular Brigade directly.

The second seems most promising to me, and is the way I suggest Kul Tiras accept Azurelode Mine. Both territories will remain ostensibly under my power, but you two will be authorized to order my Second Regular Brigade and First Spellsword Corps respectively in your missives to Grackle. In this way we can avoid the headache of choreographing our retreat and advance into friendly territory, not to mention the pain of active units.

In this way, both Lordaeron and Kul Tiras will effectively gain one more army than they otherwise would have had at the beginning of this turn.
I am not sure if the game rules allow that.
I've communicated with Grackle and he says it's okay.

It's basically what would happen if you two told me where you want the units to go and then I passed it on to Grackle, except you're telling him directly.
I want you to attack dwarves, because fuck dwarves. Watch the cave passages.
Quote:
Quote:
I think it might be more valuable to focus on the south thondoril river rather than the Warsong Cavern, since we can insert an army straight into the undefended backlines of the enemy. If you attack him on Warsong Cavern and Corrahn's Dagger, my new army can keep Eastpoint Tower busy, leaving up Southshore to support the attack from Nethander Stead on the river.
That could work, but only if he doesn't move on Southshore from Baradin Bay, which would cut your support. I don't know if there's anything we can do about that, however.

Quote:
In the interests of peace this message has been dispatched to all nations currently embroiled in the War for Alterac.

In response to the expressed desire of the Empire of Khaz Modan to cease hostilities between that nation and those of Dalaran, Kul Tiras and Lordaeron, the High Council of Dalaran has prepared the following draft for a treaty of peace. As you all are undoubtedly aware, King Terenas II has selected the State of Dalaran to oversee the peacetime restoration and restitution of the Greater Alterac Region, a responsibility the Council of Six has humbly accepted, but naturally those nations with which the State of Dalaran finds itself currently at war may consider the arbitrations of the Council less generous than they might desire. It is to be hoped that the Council's decisions will at least be recognized, if not universally supported.

Foremost among the Council's intentions is the removal of Stromgardian forces from the region. Their preeminences deem this course of action vital to the future stability of County Strahnbrad and Alterac as a whole. If Stromgarde will not withdraw willingly, the Alliance stands ready to enforce this demand.

Secondly, it is their preeminences' intention to redistribute the contested territory of the Thondroril River Basin as most appropriately befits the claims of the parties currently in conflict as well as the needs of the Alliance as a whole.

- It is presently the plan of the State of Dalaran to formally recognize all land east of the Thondroril river and west of Thoradin's Wall as colonial territory of the Empire of Khaz Modan to be governed accordingly with certain limitations. Limitations imposed by international law upon this territory, heretofore referred to as Dun Garok, will include a graduated disarmament of all military forces and fortifications as well as the recognition of whatever Humans, Elves or Gnomes might remain in the area as either foreign nationals of Kul Tiras, Lordaeron or Dalaran or else fully enfranchised citizens of the Dun Garok colony.

- The State of Dalaran will recognize all territories south of the township of Tarren Mill and west of the Thondroril River as colonial and commercial territory subject to the nation of Kul Tiras.

- The State of Dalaran will recognize the totality of County Strahnbrad, including the township of Tarren Mill, as national territory subject to the kingdom of Lordaeron.

- The State of Dalaran will assume governance of the mountainous region north of County Strahnbrad, and will establish a small outpost and customs office within the Alterac Passes.

Furthermore, all hostile action against the signatories of this treaty by likewise signatories is to cease immediately. The relocation of all armed forces will be coordinated cooperatively among military leaders, to the end of restoring peace as quickly as can be achieved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This Treaty does not take into account the attack on Ironforge by Kul Tiras whilst the former was eradicating pockets of orcish and ogre resistance.

Ironforge moves for the following changes to the Treaty:

- Handing over of the Duchy of Southshore back to the Kingdom of Lordaeron. If the full retreat of Stromgarde is a necessary part of this Treaty, as punishment for aggression, then the full retreat of Kul Tiras is also required to establish a balance and equilibrium between all involved.

- If the above cannot be met, then for Stromgarde to retain control of County Strahnbrad and the Alterac Passes.

Furthermore, it is the express wish of the populace of Tarren Mill and the Grasslands they make a living upon to remain as vassals of the Kingdom of Ironforge, however Ironforge recognises that this will not achieve peace. As a compromise, County Tarren Mill will be given to the nation of Norterac.

An unbalanced treaty that does not take into account the blood spilled by all will not assure a stable peace.
Rest assured the Council of Six has taken a great many things into account. The Empire of Khaz Modan has not been blameless in this conflict. If treachery were truly to be repaid in kind, Ironforge should be refused even the land east of the Thondroril River. The needs of peace must come before the needs of pride.

The motion to grant County Strahnbrad to the kingdom of Norterac is recognized by the Council of Six, who nevertheless will await the input of their allies before modifying the official treaty.
Quote:
As part of our agreement with Lordaeron, our occupation of Soutshore was but a mere stewardship to begin with. We would be happy to return the city to its kingdom of origin in return for the settlements in our initial agreements.

In addition, Lady Fairmount has taken to the populace, and has expressed a desire to see her current role as an acting governess made permanent. She is willing to swear an oath of loyalty to the crown of Lordaeron, and I am willing to release her from her oath to me. If she is accepted, I would happily provide the city with a retinue of knights of the red wave to prevent any further incidents in the region.

And, Ironforge, do know this; that I acted after consultation with and permission from every member of the violet pact. Kul Tiras did not and does not stand alone against your aggression. Keep that in mind in your future actions.
Ironforge understands and accepts responsibility for miscommunication regarding intentions within the Greater Alterac Region, it has only ever had intentions for:

- Eradicating the Orcish and Ogre presence, alongside any who also fight them.

- Establishing full control of Greater Dun Garok from the criminal bands of Ravenholdt and rogue Lord Blackmoore.

The response of the citizenry of Tarren Mill to the liberation of the County (Tarren Mill and Alterac Grasslands) to declare loyalty to the throne of Ironforge was unexpected, but accommodated given the lack of hostility towards Dalaran and Kul Tiras at the time.

Any actions undertaken beyond the Thondoril River were purely in response to clear, united intent (Supported by the siege of Dun Garok) to force Ironforge from the region permanently.

One may be able to understand our hostility given these circumstances.

We now suggest to pause discussions until the others involved have given their stance on the matters at hand.
As Stromgarde has sworn to see Alterac restored as free country, we swear that we will never abandon the good citizens of the Alteracians land currently protected by Stromgarde forces. The treacherous words of Dalaran and lordaeron are not to be trusted, the safety of the civilians is the most important issue.

Our demands are:
No further aggressions from Dalaran, lordaeron or Kul Tiras until more information involving this "plague" has come to light. So far none within Stromgarde borders have reported of this disease.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lord Proudmoore,

Ironforge recognises the humility it has taken to agree to preliminary suggestions to hand nominal control of the Duchy of Southshore back to the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

Should this Treaty continue, and to prove Ironforge's wish to see the conflict come to an end now that lines have been drawn in blood, we offer this deal regarding fleet numbers:

- For every three Ships of the Line Kul Tiras has, Ironforge shall have one Ironclad. This will insure continued Tirassian dominance of the oceans.

Furthermore, should continued peace achieved, a program of skill-for-technology could be implemented, this would, essentially be the following:

- In exchange for specialised seamanship training from Tirassian naval officers to Ironforge Royal Navy officers, Ironforge shall impart technological knowledge such as the correct density for armour plating upon battleships, that will insure increased protection with little to no loss of mobility.

I hope this letter will prove that we negotiate in good faith at this point in time.

Signed,

King Magni Bronzebeard,

Advisor Belgrum,

High Explorer Magellas,
The Proudmoore family is willing to accept your agreement, Lord Bronzebeard. We see no reason to continue fighting this war, and your proposed naval balance is fair. When conflict has died down, Ironforge naval officers will be allowed entry into the naval university of Drisburg.

May I ask what your stance will be should conflict with Stromgarde continue?
The King of the Bronzebeards is hoping Stromgarde can be convinced to back down, if not, it will not intervene when the hammer comes down, though in exchange for this loss of an ally (Stromgarde still seperates Aerie Peak and Greater Dun Garok from the rest of Khaz Modan) it may expect to gain something else from the Treaty. For example, either the County of Tarren Mill or County of Strahnbrad.

OOC:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The hell, Dalaran?
Oh, I expected that the undefended holdings would be too ripe to NOT take over.

I did not expect the whole TWO armies ganging up on them. Well played.
No hard feelings?
Well, it's just a game, so no hard feelings, but WTF. I was going to support you in the victory voting anyway.
Yeah, you kinda screwed over yourself there. I was entirely content to beat the dwarves and then leave the decisions on what to do with the land up to Kir.
As I was telling Kir, my first choice would have been to negotiate, but the Conference was going no where and the chance to take two supply centers in one turn wasn't likely to happen again.
Didn't I tell you that the conference was gonna go nowhere?

Like Kir, I have absolutely no hard feelings (I really should have been more wary of allied nations ). However, I can't help but think you're going to regret this in the long run. Attacking Kul Tiras means that I'm pretty inevitably gonna get crushed by the dwarves, resulting in a very big eastern power that could match your own.
Perhaps, but you should note that I have SEVEN supply centers while Ironforge only has FOUR. I advise you try to cut along the eastern edge of the map. Go for his backup in Durnholde and Ravenholdt.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 05-18-2014 at 09:01 AM..
Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 AM

Eternal Watcher

I see. Never trust the Bronzebeards, treachery runs in their veins.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:20 AM

Elune

I'll be honest, I'm rather surprised I didn't end up backstabbing more of you.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:44 AM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:
I see. Never trust the Bronzebeards, treachery runs in their veins.
Political necessity.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 AM

Eternal

Why release them now? Does the spider think such revelations would send ripples across time and space to affect the War of Three Hammers

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:42 PM

Eternal

My own fault for trusting the wrong people in my first game of diplomacy.

Though, to be fair, The Spider was right to turn on me. I was allied with the Frostwolves and Stonemaul since the very beginning of the game. I was planning on waiting until I'd taken Lordaeron's supply centers before turning on Dalaran, but them's the breaks.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:24 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Map Showing my Cards v3 Midsummer Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Why release them now? Does the spider think such revelations would send ripples across time and space to affect the War of Three Hammers
It's fun. The correspondence represents a part of the story which otherwise would go untold.

Incidentally, there was more to the Midsummer Conference than the previous post indicates. I've tried to sort it out here.

Dalaran: The High Council sits behind a long table in an elegant meeting chamber deep within the Violet Citadel. A herald announces your entry and you are directed to appropriate seats around a semi-circular table connected at its two ends to the Council's own.

Councilor Etramus: Greetings, fellow leaders of the alliance. I am Councilor Etramus, sent by the Lord-Admiral himself to represent the nation of Kul Tiras and its various colonies.

King Terenas II: The Kingdom of Lordaeron salutes all of you, great leaders of the Alliance. We have managed to destroy the barbarian threat to our great civilizations, human, dwarven and magi together, in the days past. Now all that is left is to polish the edges of the rough stone that is our peace.
As a show of our goodwill, I, King Terenas of Lordaeron, have come here in my person to discuss this great turmoil.
The scribes of Lordaeron have prepared an overview of the latest crisis, based on our kingdom's own diplomatic experiences.

King Thoras I: Well met, honourable brother-kings and representatives. We, Thoras Trollbane, have come to this meeting to set things right in these tumultuous times. At my sides are High Shaman Thorgus Redfern and Elder Versinde Ravenwave, representing the interests of Aerie Peak and High Vale.
We of Stromgarde see a time where former brothers plot against each other for minute wealth and power, when the likes of orcs, ogres and trolls runs rampart in formerly peaceful lands. Rumours of negotiations with these vile creatures trouble us greatly. We shall not view anyone who deals with these monsters as equals anything but an enemy. The blood of our fallen sons and daughters, who've died defending Thandol, Strahnbrad and the mountain passes must be repaid.
We demand that the orc, ogre and troll questions be given a joint resolution here at this meeting.
We demand that the issue of Alterac shall find resolution. When the vile orcs and ogres sought to cleanse the Alterac valleys and grasslands of humanity we shed our blood to halt their march. Strahnbrad still stands, thanks to our brave sons and daughters. Tarren Mill has sadly fallen, the poor populations put to the sword by vile orcs. They MUST be avenged and the ones whose negligence allowed this crime be brought to justice.
We are not without mercy. We can see a future were Alterac remains free to a degree, where even the likes of orcs, ogres and trolls are allowed to live. But it shall be on OUR terms, not theirs.

Lord Godfrey: Ahem. My fellow dignitaries, allow me to introduce myself to you again. I am Lord Vincent Godfrey, representative of Gilneas. As our kingdom is not embroiled militarily in this so called Alterac Crisis, I feel I am entitled to be the first one to voice out his country's concerns.
---On the Doctrines of Neutrality. We would like to remind the Alliance nations that Gilneas reserves the right to trade with any parties involved in this conflict without being branded as enemies by any third party. This naturally extends to trade in weapons. Deals with any party do not indicate Gilneas’ official military endorsement of said party with regard to the Alterac issue. It's just business.
---On Detaining Members of Another Kingdom's Royal Family. Ever since this crisis began, we have heard nothing from Princess Beve Perenolde of Alterac, who was last seen in Lordaeron. Despite her ties with the supposedly treacherous Perenolde family, we strongly condemn the detainment of a royal family member especially when said member was not given due process and may have been entirely uninvolved with her family's crimes. Given the circumstances, she is most likely to have been detained by officials of Lordaeron. We therefore demand that they officially bring her forth to this gathering so that she may defend herself accordingly.
---On Dalarani Encroachment near Ambermill. There have been reports that troops from Dalaran have amassed at Deep Elem Mine and just outside of Ambermill. This has prevented residents from the town in conducting their daily mining operations due to fear of being caught in the fighting. Hence, in the name of common decency, we demand that Dalaran’s troops settle elsewhere so as not to endanger the lives of foreign civilians.
---On Tirasian Imperialism. We feel as if Kul'Tiras has been using the chaos brought about the Second War to further its own agenda. We have been informed that it has seized the island citadel of Tol'Barad. They claim their intention is to help its denizens back onto their feet and yet we have received word that you, together with Dalaran, have been setting up garrisons on the island, despite protests from Stromgarde. And now you are doing the same in the mainland. Is this conquest? If not, you best explain yourself.
---On the Possibility of Another Traitor. Finally, we have received information from our sources that there have been Orc sightings in Alterac Mountains even before Stormwind fell. If this is true, then how was this even possible? How could have they travelled from the Dark Portal straight to Alterac without alerting the Kingdoms on the way? Even if this happened before the formation of this Alliance, we feel that any member who let these Orcish scum travel casually through their kingdom should be held accountable in some way.

Archmage Antonidas: Dalarani encroachment? You misrepresent our cause and actions. It is true we have appropriated certain resources from the settlement at Ambermill and its nearby mining camps, but it is preposterous to suggest that in doing so we have endangered the good people of Silverpine. The Silverpine front is silent in this war, there is no conflict there.

Lord Godfrey: Is that so? We would like to request the Archmage Arugal to serve as liaison, then, regarding operations in the region.

Archmage Drenden: The presence of Dalarani forces in the area if anything assures a greater stability and security than otherwise. Would you have preferred that Ambermill fell to the Syndicate during its recent aggression? Are we to understand Gilneas sympathizes with the Alterac traitors?

Lord Godfrey: We do not tolerate treason. We simply wanted to settle this crisis in a way in which the remnants of the Horde can't take advantage of. We fear that the Orcs and Ogres might make their move while you're too busy duking it out with the Syndicate.

Archmage Modera: Dalaran agrees with your excellency's disposition toward such cowards and traitors. The State wonders, then, at your decision to invite the likes of Perenolde to these sanctioned and sanctified Alliance proceedings! Explain yourself!

Hooded interloper: The Syndicate of Loyal Alterac Nobles and Citizens, led by King Aiden Perenolde, Lord of Alterac, agrees with Gilneas' demands to bring forth Princess Beve. Her father and brother deeply desire to learn of her whereabouts. Were Lordaeron to do so, the Syndicate would be willing to put aside any past grievances and move forward in friendship.
Further, the Syndicate is wholly supportive of Gilneas' neutrality and wishes them luck in defending their outer territories from the encroachments of other nations.

Archmage Modera: Guards! Arrest this man!

Lord Godfrey: We feel that the trial against the Perenoldes never really concluded. We were simply shocked to learn one day that Alterac City had already been razed to the ground because King Aiden supposedly betrayed us yet again... to a dragon! This ludicrous notion was the reason of my king's outburst back then.

Lord Garithos: Well, it is obvious that you felt wrong. Although my King, may his days be long and good, is too well-mannered to say it outright, I have no reservations to condemn this frivolous choice of yours. This isn't some elfish peace-talks. This is the Alliance's war conference, to discuss our military plans, our strategy. What kind of observer would invite an enemy of the Alliance to hear the Alliance's war plans?! In Blackwood we used send such idiots to the elf border, to be shot by the damn elves in their dumb heads. Criminals are to be imprisoned, not to get a pat on their heads!
Tell me, Gilnean. Tell me about your "good reasons" for why we shouldn't just pick our boys and arrest the goddamn Perenolde ringleaders while they dare to stand in front of us.

Lord Godfrey: You're tense, Lord Garithos. Perhaps you should retire to your home... Oh wait.
I am a pragmatic man. This Syndicate "thug" as you call him could prove useful to us alive. He could send his master our terms. But if you decide to imprison him or rather execute him outright than so be it...

Archmage Modera: He shall be detained for questioning, rest assured.

Lord Godfrey: Even King Thoras sees that the conflict with the Syndicate can be resolved peacefully! What say the others?

<<TRANSCRIPT MISSING>>

King Terenas II: We in the Kingdom of Lordaeron understand and admit our own faults in this situation. Our attempts to institutionalize the Alliance were obviously too early for their time, which led to a crisis among our respective leadership. The recent civil disorder in the north left us incapable of influencing Alterac and Southern Lordaeron in any way. We fully understand that if it wasn't for the protection given by the Most Eminent Republic of Dalaran and the Kingdom of Kul Tiras, the people of Silverpine and Southern Lordaeron would likely have been lost.
The goal of Lordaeron, as we stated at the beginning of this campaign, is to keep the Alliance itself intact. The orcs, the trolls and the recent occultist rebels have proved, in their ferocity, that we can never be truly safe from such dire threats to our very civilization. The old idea of "balance of power" and, as a Heartlander might say, "realpolitik" are useless in this new age, this Age of Chaos. The Civilization itself must become a unified power that remains strong enough to repel and disarm all who threaten it. And the Alliance is the key to keeping us all together: dwarves, gnomes, elves and humans alike.
As such, we feel that this conference is the best place to announce our declaration of goodwill to the protectors of Lordaeron's interests in the region.
The Kingdom of Kul Tiras is to receive exclusive trading rights in the Southern Lordaeron region. Furthermore, border control in the lands of Lordaeron is to be relaxed in the case of Tirasian citizens to basic passport identification, without any need for royal, official or guild business papers. The Crown of Kul Tiras is to become a shareholder in the Azurelode Mining Company with at least 30% actions start (the limit is to be discussed on a bilateral level). Finally, our dear friend and brother in all but blood Lord Admiral Daelin of the House Proudmoore is admitted as the Protector of Southshore Region and will also be considered the Protector of the Realm in the Kingdom of Lordaeron, a title that only we, nay, I, Terenas second of that name of the House of Menethil, held to this day. If His Grace is willing, I would also like to discuss the matters of dynasty on bilateral terms with him on a personal meeting.

Lord Godfrey: So you invited the Tirassians into your territory. Fine then. Gilneas sees no qualms with it as long as they stick only to where they are welcome. On a related note, I would like to ask King Thoras if he also gave the same invitation to the Tirassians with regards to Tol'Barad.

King Terenas II: [/U]The Republic of Dalaran[/U] holds a special place among the Alliance nations, notified by its exemplary bureaucratic process and democratic traditions. We thank the Most Esteemed Republic for not only keeping the southern parts of the Grand Duchy of Silverpine safe from other powers' ambitions, but also for imposing democratic institutions in the Lordaeronian settlements of that region - law and freedom, the basis of our great civilization. Thus, we hereby decree that the Southern Silverpine region, consisting of the provinces of Deep Elem, Ambermill and Lordamere Internment Camp, will become the property of the Republic of Dalaran for a period of thirty (30) years, and is to be ceded indefinitely if no conflict with the Kingdom of Lordaeron happens during this time period. Dalaran will officially receive the whole of the Crown of Lordaeron's share in the Ambermill Lumbering Centre, though not those belonging to non-government affiliated share-holders. The Crown of Lordaeron would also like to later discuss in bilateral treaty an appropriate division of stake in the Deep Elem Mining Colony.

Antonidas: Lordaeron's generosity will be remembered.
Modera: [sotto voce] Generous indeed, granting us the lands we already hold.

King Terenas II: To further express our goodwill to all members of the Alliance, I, Terenas II of the House of Menethil, would like to be the first to expose our own matters of foreign policy, to show that members of the Alliance should have nothing to hide from each other. If we are to trust each other enough to unite and fight off any external threat, the concept of "secret talks" must be thrown away, in favor of a multi-lateral Alliance Partnership Policy.
As such, we have to inform all of the Most Esteemed Sides about the letters we got from a certain orcish faction, in which they stated, and I quote: "All we ask is our land, and a respite from the Stromgarder aggression".
While, as the King of Lordaeron, we have always believed in the possibility for an integration of the orcs into our civilization, a point of view shared by the Most Eminent Archmage Antonidas of Dalaran based on his exclusives studies on the orcish lethargy phenomenon, we were quick to note the logical faults in this orcish demand (asking to retain all of their current holdings), and indicated that they must lift the siege of Strahnbrad and abandon that county altogether if they wish to have peace. We deemed it necessary to propose the orcs leave Alliance lands and move either across the Great Sea to the recently dubbed "Broken Isles", or to the Eastern Hinterlands region (whereby we might pit the orc threat against the troll threat). Of course, we also reminded them who launched the attack on Strahnbard and the Stromgarde forces in the first place. In their next letter the orcs ignored our points regarding their occupation of the human lands, and, furthermore, said that, and I quote: "Stromgarde has ignored all attempts at peace, even going so far as to slaughter our messengers, even under a banner of peace. Who are the villains in this?"
But, that was not the most interesting part of their reply.
What piqued our interest was this part: "However, us Frostwolf are not so prejudiced as to assume all humans share their blood-lust and hatred, just as it would be unwise for your alliance to assume all Orcs are the same. We have been in talks with other members of your alliance. At their request, I cannot say which, but you would not be alone in desiring peace."

Kael'Thas: Who among us would possibly wish to side with such monsters? Stromgarde remains waged in conflict with the mountain Orc-clans, Lord Admiral Daelin has frequently expressed his deep personal disgust for the creatures, Dalaran has no business east of the Alterac Mountains and Lordaeron would surely not be so foolish as to bring to light its own treachery.

Drenden: Alterac may no longer hold a place among our nations, but would these Frostwolfs even be aware of this?

Antonidas: The Orcish capacity for civilization remains unfulfilled in my opinion. The Council of Dalaran has received correspondence from these Orcs as well in recent months, and it appears they believed us to be capable of using this conference to, ah, "call off" the nation of Stromgarde, as they put it. If these Orcs cannot understand such basic political matters as sovereignty, I should not be surprised to learn they believe the so-called Syndicate is a member of our Alliance.

Kel'Thuzad: We should not rule out the possibility of another traitor.

Antonidas: Oh, shut up, Kel'Thuzad.

King Terenas II: That was the most troubling part, and one of the reasons Lordaeron initiated this conference. We need a clear and unified strategy. This situation, when one member of the Alliance fervently fights the orcs and the others plot together with the orcs, is unacceptable.
Although we are not without mercy, and do accept that the Internment Camp Project was Lordaeron's failure, we would first like the powers of the Alliance to contain and disarm the orcish threat, before trying to reason with them. However, if we do manage to turn the orcs into agents of our own, we may be just able to stop the last pockets of the Amani Empire.
But, just as I wrote to the orcish leader, that matter is to be discussed by all the leaders of the Alliance. Lordaeron alone won't be giving the orcs a final judgement, not when the possibility of victory depends on everybody.
For the Alliance!

Councilor Etramus: In the name of Lord-Admiral Proudmoore and his family, the council of Crestfall, the bishop of Tel Abim and the governors of Farshire and Hearthbay, the nation of Kul Tiras accepts the warm hand of friendship from his Royal Highness, Lord Menethil of Lordaeron. The armies of Tiras shall always support the people of Lordaeron, as they shall support any member of our grand alliance.
As Lord Menethil has shown the enemy's attempts to communicate with him, so has lord Proudmoore permitted me to reveal that the syndicate has attempted to communicate with the kingdom of Kul Tiras, where they stated that Dalaran had allied with the syndicate to gain control of the southern coast.
Lord Proudmoore naturally dismissed the contents of this message as the pathetic last attempt at sowing discord. As such, it rather surprised him to see that so many were taking similar claims from the frostwolf seriously. Lords and ladies of the alliance, I ask you to remember who we are fighting. The orcs have killed our friends and family. No sane human, dwarf or elf would trust them after that. Their words are but simple lies, concocted by a race of monsters that is on its last legs.
By this winter, the Warsong will have fallen to the might of Kul Tiras. After that, our armies shall turn north to aid in the battle against the frostwolf legions. While the frostwolves and foul ogres are well-fortified, I am confident that with the united forces of the alliance, we should be able to crush them, especially if either Dalaran or the Stormpike Expedition were to distract them by attacking through the valley. The question of what to do with the remaining orcs is one that can be discussed after the warsong have been crushed. For now, the internment camps will prove sufficient.
As for the matter of Dynasty, Lord Menethil; Lord Proudmoore would be glad to meet in Southshore after the warsong have been defeated.

King Terenas II: Splendid, my friend.
We too see the Frostwolf holdings as the primary threat. Once the matter of Syndicate is finished, Lordaeron will send the knights against the Frostwolves.
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
all land is dwarf land, alterac crisis, backstab incoming, diplomacy, dwarven empire, dwarves are fucking crazy, fun and games, headcanon?, lordaeron lordaeron, naval supremacy, stormpike babe!