Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 01:58 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
I can respect someone who roleplays his faction properly.
The United Empire wasn't a fan of my sitting there minding my own business (and accidentally spreading my influence over four or five of his colonies), and waged war on me for tens of turns. He never made any progress, but he forced me to raise and maintain an army and distracted me long enough for the local Harmony to score an economic victory.

So lesson learned maybe?
Old 06-26-2017, 03:52 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
The United Empire wasn't a fan of my sitting there minding my own business (and accidentally spreading my influence over four or five of his colonies), and waged war on me for tens of turns. He never made any progress, but he forced me to raise and maintain an army and distracted me long enough for the local Harmony to score an economic victory.

So lesson learned maybe?
Samura Space Birds would've had no problem with that and crushed your resistance easily.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Samura Space Birds would've had no problem with that and crushed your resistance easily.
If it's consolation, I've maintained a far more impressive standing army in my ongoing Sowers run, in order to inexorably march over the universe.

Also, is it just me, or do the AI not get that you need siege power to take over planets? Maybe they figure it out on higher difficulties, but I swear they show up with entire fleets without a single piece of siege equipment, then park on a fringe planet and do nothing at all.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
If it's consolation, I've maintained a far more impressive standing army in my ongoing Sowers run, in order to inexorably march over the universe.

Also, is it just me, or do the AI not get that you need siege power to take over planets? Maybe they figure it out on higher difficulties, but I swear they show up with entire fleets without a single piece of siege equipment, then park on a fringe planet and do nothing at all.
Maybe. AI in 4x games is almost always pretty dumb.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:14 PM

World Builder

Starfox 64 is apparently 20 years old today.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-01-2017, 11:04 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Buy What Remains of Edith Finch while its on sale.

While technically a "walking simulator," it's easily one of if not the best game in the genre, managing to combine different and fun gameplay mechanics to intersperse the walking around with a story that's equal parts funny, heart-breaking and heartwarming.

My only complaint is that it's really short: you can beat the game and still be eligible for a steam refund short. However the story would probably feel overlong and drawn out had it tried to go on any longer.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Now that Fate/Grand Order is out in the US I've fallen into Japanese Phone Game Hell. I can understand why this made nearly a million dollars per day last year.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Now that Fate/Grand Order is out in the US I've fallen into Japanese Phone Game Hell. I can understand why this made nearly a million dollars per day last year.
And just think, it only just started, most the more interesting husbandos/waifus aren't available yet.

I'm storing up quartz for the one I really want. Scatach will be mine!

Also hope you didn't get stuck in reroll hell, if you went that route. My first roll was pretty good (Herc and Cu (Lancer)) so I stuck with what I got.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
And just think, it only just started, most the more interesting husbandos/waifus aren't available yet.

I'm storing up quartz for the one I really want. Scatach will be mine!

Also hope you didn't get stuck in reroll hell, if you went that route. My first roll was pretty good (Herc and Cu (Lancer)) so I stuck with what I got.
Currently saving up quartz for for my king!

I heard horror stories about reroll hell, but I also just went with what I got. Managed to befriend someone with a level 60 Waver too, so I'm not wanting for those crazy NP buffs.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Currently saving up quartz for for my king!

I heard horror stories about reroll hell, but I also just went with what I got. Managed to befriend someone with a level 60 Waver too, so I'm not wanting for those crazy NP buffs.
Hah, good luck! I tried to roll for him this morning, and got so excited when I got a golden archer card...only for it to turn out to be Atalante. And then I got a second golden archer...and another Atalante. Damn archer cat.

And I also got a friend with a Waver that I can mooch off of, which has been very nice. Though I wish she would set a damn craft essence for him.

If you've got space for another friend in the game, feel free to add me, by the way! ID is 458,995,087 (name is Kiisa in FGO)
Old 07-08-2017, 01:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Welp, since there's nowhere else I can post this:

Just got done watching this:

Name:  Dracula and Lisa.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  35.1 KB

Do not fret, for that shadow being cast over the hemisphere of the Earth by that giant tower in the distance is not an ancient eldritch behemoth, nor the result of a cataclysmic eruption blotting out the skies, by my engorged flesh pillar!

This show was fucking awesome. The writing, the accuracy and faithfulness to the source material, the beautiful violence and gore, the atmospheric soundtrack, the excellent voice acting...

I can't really stress how much I enjoyed this! If you are a fan of Castlevania, watch this shit NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Welp, since there's nowhere else I can post this:

Just got done watching this:

Do not fret, for that shadow being cast over the hemisphere of the Earth by that giant tower in the distance is not an ancient eldritch behemoth, nor the result of a cataclysmic eruption blotting out the skies, by my engorged flesh pillar!

This show was fucking awesome. The writing, the accuracy and faithfulness to the source material, the beautiful violence and gore, the atmospheric soundtrack, the excellent voice acting...

I can't really stress how much I enjoyed this! If you are a fan of Castlevania, watch this shit NOW!
Agreed, only complaint is that they let the bar scene linger on a little too long at the end of ep1 and beginning of ep2.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Agreed, only complaint is that they let the bar scene linger on a little too long at the end of ep1 and beginning of ep2.
I actually liked the bar scene, it was funny and built on Trevor's character as a washed up and excommunicated drunk. His insults and attitude are just hilariously apathetic, which combined with Richard Armitage's well-acted delivery sells him as just giving zero fucks.

>I am Sypha Belnad-
>I don't care.

>The current Bishop of this place is, well... He's beyond insane, over-the-top, and into whole new lands of just snake-fuckingly crazy.

Quote:
Quote:
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 07-08-2017 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I liked Trevor, I think my favorite line was "God shits in my dinner once again".

Only downside is 4 episodes is too short, hopefully next season will have more episodes and maybe more characters as well. (I want to see Death, Cornell, and that hunchback guy from Castlevania 3.)

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 07-08-2017 at 10:51 PM..
Old 07-09-2017, 12:36 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I actually liked the bar scene, it was funny and built on Trevor's character as a washed up and excommunicated drunk. His insults and attitude are just hilariously apathetic, which combined with Richard Armitage's well-acted delivery sells him as just giving zero fucks.

>I am Sypha Belnad-
>I don't care.

>The current Bishop of this place is, well... He's beyond insane, over-the-top, and into whole new lands of just snake-fuckingly crazy.
I was referring more to the whole 'goat fuck' exchange

Yeah 'snake-fuckingly crazy' is up there with top 10 insults of all time.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-09-2017, 10:54 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

That show was absolutely amazing but 4 episodes is way too damn short. Hopefully, it was just to test the concept and the next season will be a lot longer.

The same studio is also working on an Assassin's Creed series for Netflix too apparently. With what we've seen of Castlevania, I have high expectations for this one as well.

With video games movies having a bad reputation, maybe this kind of series can slowly give them credibility in series format.

Anyway, 5/5. Will definitely watch again before the next season airs.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:33 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

So Ramses - have you looked at Long Live the Queen yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Yeah 'snake-fuckingly crazy' is up there with top 10 insults of all time.
You should read Shakespeare some time.

"I was looking for a fool when I found you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
an Assassin's Creed series
Didn't they already try an Assassin's Creed movie? Since when do you get to try again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:05 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
The same studio is also working on an Assassin's Creed series for Netflix too apparently. With what we've seen of Castlevania, I have high expectations for this one as well.

With video games movies having a bad reputation, maybe this kind of series can slowly give them credibility in series format.
Very, very slowly. Maybe. It's easy to get the impression online that people have gotten over animation's own stigma, but it's still pretty damned prevalent. Plenty of otherwise perfectly reasonable people still curl their lip and sneer at the very idea that animated movies and shows even "count" as real movies and shows.

Just try listing an actor's voicework alongside their live-acting credits to someone IRL (i.e. outside an internet discussion board) and you'll find that more often than not people treat it like you're trying to include the actor's hobby as part of their career. Even bringing up full-time voice actors far too often evokes a depressing response akin to "is that even a real job?"
Old 07-10-2017, 10:13 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
So Ramses - have you looked at Long Live the Queen yet?

You should read Shakespeare some time.

"I was looking for a fool when I found you."
Give him a little time lol it's barely been a day.

And yes Shakespeare is in a class all his own.

As a reminder, everyone should play.

COSMIC STAR HEROINE it's a great little turn based RPG that's on steam, it's got a good, albeit silly plot and the gameplay is fantastic, with a lot of nice little updates.

(Items are one use per battle but they automatically replenish at the beginning of the next fight)

It's from the Zeboyd Games people, the same ones who brought us Penny Arcade On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3&4, and Cthulu Saves the World, as well as Breath of Death VII.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-10-2017, 12:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Very, very slowly. Maybe. It's easy to get the impression online that people have gotten over animation's own stigma, but it's still pretty damned prevalent. Plenty of otherwise perfectly reasonable people still curl their lip and sneer at the very idea that animated movies and shows even "count" as real movies and shows.

Just try listing an actor's voicework alongside their live-acting credits to someone IRL (i.e. outside an internet discussion board) and you'll find that more often than not people treat it like you're trying to include the actor's hobby as part of their career. Even bringing up full-time voice actors far too often evokes a depressing response akin to "is that even a real job?"
I blame fucking Disney for this. The Mouse infantilized cartoons by constantly pumping out kiddy movies and making it all about "family values" and other fluffy shit. Because Disney was so popular, it forced more "adult" cartoon studios into the gutter, because "everyone" wanted "family entertainment". Makes me sick.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Ganishka; 07-10-2017 at 12:08 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
That show was absolutely amazing but 4 episodes is way too damn short. Hopefully, it was just to test the concept and the next season will be a lot longer.

Anyway, 5/5. Will definitely watch again before the next season airs.
It's funny. Anime and/or cartoon adaptations of video games always seem to received far better than their movie counterparts (although to be fair, Uwe Boll doesn't make video games).
Old 07-16-2017, 02:34 PM

Elune

So Arcsys just announced a new game at EVO that is quite the crossover.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle.

Features Blazblue, Persona, Under Night In-Birth, and RWBY.

What a combo.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:51 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
It's funny. Anime and/or cartoon adaptations of video games always seem to received far better than their movie counterparts (although to be fair, Uwe Boll doesn't make video games).
I suspect that a large part of that has more to do with the limitations and advantages of the respective media. It would also be interesting to see how game adaptations of film media also fairs, as that has also been relatively uneven.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:03 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I suspect that a large part of that has more to do with the limitations and advantages of the respective media. It would also be interesting to see how game adaptations of film media also fairs, as that has also been relatively uneven.
Well, look who it is! You! How about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:35 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Well, look who it is! You! How about that?

Tags
damn cubes, general thread, literally video games, video games, wololo