Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Alliance can secure Gilneas and Stromgarde while Forsaken solidifies its control over Lordaeron, eliminating Alliance remnants in Western Plaguelands and Hillsbrad and maybe launching pre-emptive strikes against the Argents.
I hope they don't. The last thing we need is the world looking more idiotic for not killing the Forsaken
Old 10-08-2013, 08:51 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I hope they don't. The last thing we need is the world looking more idiotic for not killing the Forsaken
But it would also be idiotic if the Argents just stood there while there are full blown conflicts just next door.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I've had a pet idea where the scourge launches a massive attack on Hearthglen and Sylvannas and the forsaken arrive, saving the Argents and getting them in their debt. Of course, the "scourge" attack was a fake orchestrated by Sylvannas to get the Argents off her back.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I've had a pet idea where the scourge launches a massive attack on Hearthglen and Sylvannas and the forsaken arrive, saving the Argents and getting them in their debt. Of course, the "scourge" attack was a fake orchestrated by Sylvannas to get the Argents off her back.
The attack was so devastating, the Argents won't be able to mobilize anytime soon. Seems okay.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
But it would also be idiotic if the Argents just stood there while there are full blown conflicts just next door.
Yeah, but these are the same guys that stood around a farm giving out silly misc quests whilst right nearby Sylvanas was raising Alliance dead and turning them on the living. They're also led by the guy that swore he would always be comitted to the Alliance, but sits in Hearthglen building statues of himself whilst the Alliance gets its ass handed to it by an army of undead.

I think the threshold was crossed a while back.
The gnome, for example, could be impressed by the technology of a conqueror, the goblin by his riches, the elf by his respect for the arcane, the draenei by his moral integrity, the tauren by his calm authoritative bearing. But the orc, who is impressed by none of these things, must always be struck to the dust, and struck down again as he rises, and struck again as he lies groaning. ‘While his wounds still pain him he will respect the hand that dealt them’.

Last edited by Gandred; 10-08-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 AM

Eternal

I don't get it.. does this guy (the op) get off on being his avatars name, a whiny ally, just for the sake of it to get a reaction from people?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
I don't get it.. does this guy (the op) get off on being his avatars name, a whiny ally, just for the sake of it to get a reaction from people?
Show me where I whined in this thread. Or is your definition of whining "not supporting the Horde"? I didn't even ask all that much. Stromgarde and Gilneas are already a given, I just asked for three bases right next to the walls and the Alliance pulls out of Alterac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I also considered Heartglen having a role in Sylvanas' plan, but not that one. The way I saw it was that, when the Alliance decides to strike for real, she realises she won't be able to push them back. And then discover a big human settlement full of "potential recruits" next door.

Last edited by Trickster; 10-08-2013 at 09:17 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
In a serious note, I think that contaiment means "reclaim Gilneas and Stromgarde" I don't think they're gonna do anything about the other Lordaeron (kingdom) lands except "fighting" via the Argents.
Probably, because of the limitations they have in game because they don't have the time.

It's sound more and more like it's going to be an what we see in game versus what we see in lore (i.e. in the books).

Gilneas and Stromgarde will still be "empty" gamewise, but retaken in lore.

Ashenvale is still being fought over in game, but belongs to the night elves in lore.

It just all depends if Varian is willing to go back to war over Lordaeron.

Which I seriously doubt because of the "New and improved Jai--- I mean Varian."
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Show me where I whined in this thread. Or is your definition of whining "not supporting the Horde"? I didn't even ask all that much. Stromgarde and Gilneas are already a given, I just asked for three bases right next to the walls and the Alliance pulls out of Alterac.
Its more the whole one sided alliance only mentality thats hard to digest reading, you know, if someone were to suggest the shit you suggest but aimed at alliance, you'd have something to say against it, that kinda thing.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Its more the whole one sided alliance only mentality thats hard to digest reading, you know, if someone were to suggest the shit you suggest but aimed at alliance, you'd have something to say against it, that kinda thing.
Ok so im screwing the Horde for suggesting reclaiming Gilneas and Stromgarde? Im a even GIVING the Horde the fucking Alterac that's being fought over.

But considering how much of a dumb fuck you are, I guess you beleive the Alliance should jsute completely leave this continent.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Ok so im screwing the Horde for suggesting reclaiming Gilneas and Stromgarde? Im a even GIVING the Horde the fucking Alterac that's being fought over.

But considering how much of a dumb fuck you are, I guess you beleive the Alliance should jsute completely leave this continent.
In fairness, you should have placed a Horde equivalent in the original post.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
In fairness, you should have placed a Horde equivalent in the original post.
What equivalent? What does the Horde needs besides Alterac?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
What equivalent? What does the Horde needs besides Alterac?
Are we talking gameplay or lore only?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
Are we talking gameplay or lore only?
Lore only, mostly. I would have theses events transpire in a scenario, phased Lordaeron quests or northern war expansion in order no to disturb the leveling flow of the players.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Echo of the Past

From the Horde perspective, I think the greatest potential for Forsaken development is by focusing more on their cultural identity as the undead, and less on their cultural identity as Lordaeron.

Sylvanas was a high elf from the Kingdom of Quel'thalas. Galen Trollbane was the crown prince of Stromgarde. Though he caused Forsaken civil conflict, Godfrey was a Gilnean noble. Not all of the Forsaken are Lordaeron... but, all of the Forsaken are undead.

. . .

I'm a little tired, so I don't quite remember what my point was when I started writing this. It probably had to do with bringing Teron Gorefiend back, or having Galen lay a claim to the undead of Stromgarde. That's generally what I talk about when this topic comes up.

Want something new outta me? Okay, umm... Have Sylvanas and Lor'themar reach a working relationship so that when a Blood Elf dies of natural causes, Sylvanas is allowed to reanimate the fallen elf. That undead Blood Elf then becomes a dual-citizen of Quel'thalas and the Forsaken state. Given enough time and sufficient restrictions early on (to establish trust), the relationship between these two pillars of the Eastern Horde could gradually work at integrating their kingdoms until they are eventually a mighty empire where the living and dead live side-by-side.

(This requires Sylvanas to not be evil, and Lor'themar to not want to destroy her. Good luck!)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:39 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
From the Horde perspective, I think the greatest potential for Forsaken development is by focusing more on their cultural identity as the undead, and less on their cultural identity as Lordaeron.

Sylvanas was a high elf from the Kingdom of Quel'thalas. Galen Trollbane was the crown prince of Stromgarde. Though he caused Forsaken civil conflict, Godfrey was a Gilnean noble. Not all of the Forsaken are Lordaeron... but, all of the Forsaken are undead.

. . .

I'm a little tired, so I don't quite remember what my point was when I started writing this. It probably had to do with bringing Teron Gorefiend back, or having Galen lay a claim to the undead of Stromgarde. That's generally what I talk about when this topic comes up.

Want something new outta me? Okay, umm... Have Sylvanas and Lor'themar reach a working relationship so that when a Blood Elf dies of natural causes, Sylvanas is allowed to reanimate the fallen elf. That undead Blood Elf then becomes a dual-citizen of Quel'thalas and the Forsaken state. Given enough time and sufficient restrictions early on (to establish trust), the relationship between these two pillars of the Eastern Horde could gradually work at integrating their kingdoms until they are eventually a mighty empire where the living and dead live side-by-side.

(This requires Sylvanas to not be evil, and Lor'themar to not want to destroy her. Good luck!)
Ooh! Now that Bragor Bloodfist is (probably) dead, Teron Gorefiend should come back and be Sylvannas' new majordomo.

Either him or Nathanos, but the UVG lore on Nathanos makes me doubt Sylvannas cares much for him anymore.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 10-08-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 09:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Lore only, mostly. I would have theses events transpire in a scenario, phased Lordaeron quests or northern war expansion in order no to disturb the leveling flow of the players.
Even if it is Lore only, it shouldn't be too one-sided. Anyways, what I had in mind was that the Syndicate thing was just a distraction. While the Forsaken is busy claiming Alterac Ruins, the Alliance move towards Stromgarde and Gilneas. Dalaran also shows up on Hillsbrad's shores and the Forsaken defend against incursions from the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant.

On another note, you should also put the Horde equivalent on your first post so as not to generate an overreaction about your suggestion being biased.

Quote:
I'm a little tired, so I don't quite remember what my point was when I started writing this. It probably had to do with bringing Teron Gorefiend back, or having Galen lay a claim to the undead of Stromgarde.
According to the UVG, Galen doesn't care about Stromgarde anymore.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 AM

Elune

Quote:
Even if it is Lore only, it shouldn't be too one-sided. Anyways, what I had in mind was that the Syndicate thing was just a distraction. While the Forsaken is busy claiming Alterac Ruins, the Alliance move towards Stromgarde and Gilneas. Dalaran also shows up on Hillsbrad's shores and the Forsaken defend against incursions from the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant.
I would park Dalaran in that pirate cove in Arathi. Their military presence would be in Durnholde Keep.

And the Alterac part already is in the Op.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Myself
Alterac Mountains
With the Stormpikes gone from the area,
Old 10-08-2013, 09:51 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
According to the UVG, Galen doesn't care about Stromgarde anymore.
Yeah yeah, you're right. Sylvanas is pure concentrated evil, Galen doesn't care about anything he cared about before, all of the Forsaken are mindless animals, blahdy blahdy blah.

You know who's got undeath figured out? The Amani Trolls. I remember doing a quest where the Trolls were raising their own people from the dead in order to make bigger armies. You had to fight them as they rose; they looked like troll mummies or something.

And you know what's amazing? The undead Trolls had the same goals and motivations that they had when they were alive, so that they were able to cooperate with those Trolls who were still living. Ermagosh, right?!!

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-08-2013 at 09:55 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Eternal

Funny thing about alliance players are there respective on 'fairness' to what zones should belong to who.

At every single alliance zone, I see nothing, at all, of the horde putting itself two feet into alliance territory. Elwynn? Nope, some blackrock orcs from blackrock mountain, who are not part of the horde. Dun morogh? again, frost trolls not part of the horde. Azuremyst? kael'thas forces not horde. Night elves? non in teldrasill. Only zone with horde presence is gilneas itself, because it borders with the forsakens lands.

Now lets look at alliance to horde ratio. Alliances forces on the beachs of durotar, check. Dwarves digging for findings for ironforge in mulgore, check. Night elves of teldrasill in eversong woods, check. Alliance forces bombing goblin ship and trying to kill them on the lost isles, check. And well worgen are not present in tirisfal glades, there right on the borders of it.

Seriously, you call me a dumb fuck all you want, but you can't look at how the alliance pushes it presence into horde lands as invaders far more then horde does to alliance. There are alliance soldiers in the orcs starting zone stealthed, well the orcs in the human starting zone aren't even associated with the horde, so, you know, grow the fuck up.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:59 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Its more the whole one sided alliance only mentality thats hard to digest reading
This, my young friend, is what someday you will come to see as irony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Funny thing about alliance players are there respective on 'fairness' to what zones should belong to who.

At every single alliance zone, I see nothing, at all, of the horde putting itself two feet into alliance territory. Elwynn? Nope, some blackrock orcs from blackrock mountain, who are not part of the horde. Dun morogh? again, frost trolls not part of the horde. Azuremyst? kael'thas forces not horde. Night elves? non in teldrasill. Only zone with horde presence is gilneas itself, because it borders with the forsakens lands.

Now lets look at alliance to horde ratio. Alliances forces on the beachs of durotar, check. Dwarves digging for findings for ironforge in mulgore, check. Night elves of teldrasill in eversong woods, check. Alliance forces bombing goblin ship and trying to kill them on the lost isles, check. And well worgen are not present in tirisfal glades, there right on the borders of it.

Seriously, you call me a dumb fuck all you want, but you can't look at how the alliance pushes it presence into horde lands as invaders far more then horde does to alliance. There are alliance soldiers in the orcs starting zone stealthed, well the orcs in the human starting zone aren't even associated with the horde, so, you know, grow the fuck up.
You forget the part where as Horde, you get to kill the fuck out of every single Alliance you meet. While some places like on the southern tip of Durotar you don't push them out, the rest of the time you do.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
This, my young friend, is what someday you will come to see as irony.
I'm 32 sweetheart, don't talk down to me kiddo. Still, the irony only exists if its relevant, the whole alliance fanboy mentality of making demands of the horde and what it should do, when they themselves don't see any wrong in there doings is the real irony here, just sayin.

Quote:
You forget the part where as Horde, you get to kill the fuck out of every single Alliance you meet. While some places like on the southern tip of Durotar you don't push them out, the rest of the time you do.
And so they should, why should horde take shit from the alliance. alliance can go kill those black rocks and frost trolls all they want, but they sure as hell can't claim its the hordes doing they are there, unlike the alliances presence in horde lands.

Last edited by Tauren Paly; 10-08-2013 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 10:05 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
^ This is pretty important. Playing through the Horde, you kill swathes of Alliance punks all day e'yday. And it's great fun.

Play as the Alliance (except for Gilneas), and the best you're getting is old Horde leftovers. Some trolls, gnolls... or sometimes, troggs who wrecked your nation years ago and still control your capital.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
^ This is pretty important. Playing through the Horde, you kill swathes of Alliance punks all day e'yday. And it's great fun.

Play as the Alliance (except for Gilneas), and the best you're getting is old Horde leftovers. Some trolls, gnolls... or sometimes, troggs who wrecked your nation years ago and still control your capital.
And all that proves in the point, the alliance are trying to invade, watch or take from the hordes lands, well the horde, except for gilneas, have nothing those alliance starting lands, infact humans have literally jack all the bitch about from the horde as there is zero presence of horde from miles around there lands.

Tags
baron fojar von lordaeron, forsaken, lolordaeron, lordaeron lordaeron, lore