Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2016, 04:30 PM

Elune

Yeah as I understand regret is quite rare, in the single digits percentage-wise. And the actual sexual reassignment surgery comes last, usually, so people had plenty of time to feel their through things and determine if living as the other gender is right for them.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:08 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
What Oma means is, you will never be fundamentally female so what is the point of achieving some degree of proximity. He also thinks transgenderism is something that should be treated with psychology and not surgery. Or so he thought last time we had this discussion. That discussion caused something of a flame war and made Slywyn ragequit so probably best not to repeat it. I don't think anyone will change their mind anyway.
Don't put words in my mouth.

What I mean is that Rotal's fucked up because he comes to SoL to shitpost of his/her/their own accord. There's no surgery to fix that.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:28 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post

What I mean is that Rotal's fucked up because he comes to SoL to shitpost of his/her/their own accord. There's no surgery to fix that.
I have a feeling "she" and "her" might be appropriate at this point. Throwing in all of the pronouns is just rude.

Also, I vote for Lena, Sonja, and Anja.
Member #14
Old 11-15-2016, 11:46 PM

Sha of Disappointment

As far as pronouns go: I know it's throwned upon by the LGBTQABCCBSNRA community but i just go with what i'm showing, which in RL is male right now, but i'm taking babysteps to change that. I don't think it's fair - or realistic - for anyone to just expect everyone they meet to be trans ans ask for pronounce first or some shit. Dude looks and talks like a dude? It's a dude. Dude tell's ya he's a she? She's a girl. This should be quite simple. Sadly it isn't.
On the internet, where i represent as female, though, yeah:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I have a feeling "she" and "her" might be appropriate at this point.
they are. But seeing how i won't be representing for at least another half year (probably closer to one year) i don't mind. I care but i don't mind.

Quote:
Throwing in all of the pronouns is just rude.
I guess? Better than using ONLY the wrong ones though.

Quote:
Sonja
Triggered.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:59 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Samantha, Jessica, Lena are all decent names. Glad to hear all of your therapy and sessions are going well, and if you feel this is the right choice is for you, who cares what other people think?

Hitlerina Von Evilsatan for the tasteless amongst us...
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-16-2016, 07:18 AM

Elune

Quote:

I am sorry. But I remember what you were arguing in our last trans discussion and I was hoping we could avoid the same outcome. I was trying to be preemptive. And I doubly apologize if your stance changed since then.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
There's no surgery to fix that.
Double manibo- and oculosectomy, with perhaps an additional auditesectomy if the problem continues.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:12 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda

So i got my second statement.... -ish.
Braindoctor says he has nothing against HRT but wants to look at the results from Tuesday (which i'll likely going to have in my paws sometime next week) before he's giving me the OK. I'm supposed to come in whenever he's open but i'm curious if i'll need an appointment. Either way; since those results already gave me the first statement i'm pretty damn positive i got what i need from those two yahoos by the end of the year at the absolute latest, and as early as next week depending on his time table.
So it's not a defnitive "okay" but it's basically a "Go". Ideally that leaves me with only the rest of my therapy sessions. Therapylady says i need six more; i hope i can cram them into December and January but... doubtful. Also too expensive. I guess three months is more realistic, then probably another four months until i get an appointment in the Trans-X ambulance.... gah! Too long, everything's taking way too long. But at least i got that (mostly) out of my system now and can focus on my back and my stabbidity stab chest pains that appeared on Monday. Feels like the lung but might be the heart; who knows, i'll go to my regular doctor tomorrow morning and see where he sends me. If it's as bad as it feels and they cart me to the hospital (again) i at least got my HRT-related stuff sorted out now. Well, again, mostly sorted out. It looks good, really good, just.... i'm starting to get the feeling had i done this ten years ago i'd be barely done by now either.

Edit: thanks, Mom! o7

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 11-17-2016 at 05:11 AM..
Old 11-17-2016, 05:32 AM

Eternal

So does this mean you will be less grumpy once you've completed your transformation process?
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 11-17-2016, 05:40 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
So does this mean you will be less grumpy once you've completed your transformation process?
Maybe. Many girls report estrogen to remove aggresive feelings. Since i already have below-average testosterone i don't think the hormonal side of things will change anything but the whole correct-gender-thing probably will. Or not. Bitchy femalez are a thing.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
That's impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:40 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

I'm going to just suggest you try *testosterone* replacement therapy first, and leave it at that.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:46 AM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
I'm going to just suggest you try *testosterone* replacement therapy first, and leave it at that.
This kills the sperm count.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:06 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
I appreciate both the input and the restraint. They actually did look at that to judge if that was a viable alternative first. But I'm not deep below where "should" be (sexual hormones are kinda important for bone tissue which is why supplements are needed once your testosterone gets blocked; pretty sure it's the same for the guys with estrogen since we lack the organs to produce in bulk) with testosterone, but i am slightly below what'd be considered a low amount. Same for estrogen, funnily enough. Apparently this is considered normal enough to not be worthy of any mention.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Just dropping in to say grats!

(I was feeling nostalgic after hearing from Mutters and wanted to see what was going on here.)
Old 11-17-2016, 10:52 AM

Elune

Bryn!

hi.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:54 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Just dropping in to say grats!
Thanks! It's getting there
Old 11-17-2016, 01:42 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I appreciate both the input and the restraint. They actually did look at that to judge if that was a viable alternative first. But I'm not deep below where "should" be (sexual hormones are kinda important for bone tissue which is why supplements are needed once your testosterone gets blocked; pretty sure it's the same for the guys with estrogen since we lack the organs to produce in bulk) with testosterone, but i am slightly below what'd be considered a low amount. Same for estrogen, funnily enough. Apparently this is considered normal enough to not be worthy of any mention.
I'm not being critical man... just stating the obvious. This is a very big and permanent change, and besides, even *I've* considered testosterone replacement - not that I'm low (I had all the bloodwork done recently) - but that I'd love to cheat a bit, boost my levels back to what they were in my 20's, and see mad gainz in the gym again.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:58 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Alright, end of Terror Month November; a good time to sit back, reflect and tally up the battle-scars. Many, many, MANY appointments have been endured and while they are ongoing the massive clustering of them within days is starting to wind down a little.

-) Therapy is going to go on. I'll need at least a good six more sessions before i get my Therapy-statement, one of them's tomorrow. Which is good because i got a couple questions, i might get a recommendation for voice training aaaand i gotta get something from there:
-) My clinical diagnostic has FINALLY arrived, about a week late, which i'm sumarily going to blame on the viennese post service, which isn't usually late but likes to misplace mail so i guess they need to throw in something new every now and then else the service gets stale.
-) Post Office Dwarven Girl's replacement is super friendly and nice to me. It's literally her job so three quarters of my brain have to wrestle half of the last quarter into submission to hammer that point home (the other half doesn't care and only thinks about Warp Nacelles) but i've been morbidly obese my entire life and as far as my experience goes: cute, stacked young women are not nice to fat people. It doesn't happen. It's outside my experience-zone, and, quite frankly, comfort-zone as well. It's like the Bizarro-Zone up there in my brain. (And that's still with 50+ kg more than i should have. But my looks are approaching human so i got that going for me, i guess.) Having said that: when you're 160 kg A LOT of people are, apparently, not doing their job. Turns out being fat makes it okay to not be friendly to you, while being slightly less fat makes it okay to be nice to you. This world is crap tbh, if they need a token ship-fat-chick i'll take the first trip off to Mars. I want a little house on Phobos. Nice view and a lot of being-left-the-fuck-alone.
-) Tomorrow i'll get that clinical diagnostic statement from my therapist and i'll try to get my second statement next week - i don't think the psychiatrist has open on Fridays. It's about 90 percent a sure thing that i WILL get it but i don't know if i'll have to wait for an appointment or not.
-) MRT went fine and we finally know what's wrong with my back: disc protrusion. It's like the prequel to a disc prolapse, but, as the doctor yesterday cheerfully told me, about as painful. Gym has been cancelled on my orthopedic's orders and i'm due for physical therapy (again) somewhere during early 2017, probably February if my experience last time is anything to go by. I've been told to look into some special gymnastic until then, which i'll do once i find the time to look into anything not immediately important.
-) My web connection is dieing, tech support says i need to get a tech monkey home to have it fixed on-site. This is going to be happening on the 9th, which is good because i was starting to quite enjoy the Space Engineers streaming before it dieded.
-) I got sharp chest pains two weeks ago, which ultimately ended in me laying at the hospital for four hours yesterday. They were able to determine that it's not a lung emboly as feared, probably muscle problems; i'm now back on painkillers, have to take them for three days and we'll see what happens after that. The CT also showed that i apparently am regrowing a childhood-organ, and sadly it's not my tits but a... thymer? Thymus? Something like that, so that needs checking.
-) Weightloss may or may not be starting to take place again. It's a bit early; i've been taking an advice from a good friend and have not paid too much attention to the scale, but i like what i saw today when i took a peek. I think i'm finally back on track.
-) I've also been looking into laser hair removal. Not a fan of the pricetag (likely upwards of 800 Euro) but it's worth it. I'll consult my therapist tomorrow about it.
-) I've noticed that getting pissed affects my pulse. Like, a lot. That is probably not good.
-) I can't wait for Rogue One. I'm quite looking forward to it, mostly because November has been stress - and physical pain - pure and with laser hair removal being as expensive as it is there's probably not be much going on in terms of little somethings this month. Double Salary is all going to go in that. But Rogue One... i'll enjoy Rogue One. If i like it probably more than once. I need that. And while i'm not usually a fan of christmas breaks... i'm looking forward to a day of vacation or two. I need to wind down.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 11-30-2016 at 06:09 AM..
Old 11-30-2016, 09:10 AM

Elune

Just hurry up and become mildly hot so I can sodomize you.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:36 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Since when does a lack of hotness stop you?
Old 11-30-2016, 10:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Since when does a lack of hotness stop you?
It's more enjoyable, and I do have some standards.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-30-2016, 10:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Didn't you recently move in with your girl friend?
Old 12-01-2016, 03:08 AM

Banished

I find this whole page so gross
Old 12-01-2016, 04:03 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I find this whole page so gross
Okay.

Tags
names, sol therapists