don't plead 0 0%
just tell us 13 36.11%
and we'll deal with it 5 13.89%
so stop bitching 2 5.56%
and move on. 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Eternal

I think he needs to be banned because often many people who are sane and not idiots insist on 'educating' him without results and tend to focus on him rather then talk about other things, so I also see it partly the fault of other people for not ignoring him when they should.

Although perhaps a temporary ban would be better. If the forum gods wish it, that is.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
No. I can't stand the guy but banning him would set a dangerous precedent.
So you're basically saying that being an obnoxious ignorant self-entitled douchebag, impervious to any reasoning whose arguments are limited to "I don't like it. Deal with it" and "Fuck you" and insulting people post after post isn't enough to warrant a ban. Then, according to you, what kind of attitude does one need to show to deserve a ban?

If anything, it's obvious quite a lot of people had enough of Sold and his behavior can't go on unchecked. I don't think the mods can ignore this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
This is only more attention for him unless you have the power to enforce the verdict. Also, what if a more valued poster gets hated for whatever reason?
Quite honestly, I don't see this happening. If a poster is already valued that means he's earned his keep. I don't see someone like that going full retard and getting hate oh themselves.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Well, we gave RobLore a three-day ban, didn't we? That's pretty much as far as I'm willing to go in terms of punishing Sold. Maybe ass him.

On that topic, I demand that those asses I posted in the rules thread be added to the ass pool! Variety is the spice of life, after all.
Agreed on one condition. It should be an orc ass.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
I think he needs to be banned because often many people who are sane and not idiots insist on 'educating' him without results and tend to focus on him rather then talk about other things, so I also see it partly the fault of other people for not ignoring him when they should.

Although perhaps a temporary ban would be better. If the forum gods wish it, that is.
If you hate his idea, just ignore it and focus on the topic.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:55 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Have you been following at all? In order for ignoring him to work it would HAVE to be a mass ignore, and that would simply never happen. It's no idea of his that has caused all this hate on him. It's how he has been answering people from the start, telling respected members like Gurt to fuck off and deal with it. Makes my blood boil just to think about it.

Last edited by Nozdormu; 07-09-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Old 07-09-2011, 04:56 PM

Eternal

Quote:
"Do you approve what he said" and "Does he have the right to say it" are totally different.

Did he personally insult people? I don't know but I know moderators sometimes don't do anything about it.

About all the lore argument, wow it's just a game, don't take it too seriously.
I agree with you on the fact that we shouldn't squelch people because of a difference of opinion but if you actually take a look at the monstrosity that is "The official faction war ranting thread", you'd realize people dislike him because he tells people "go fuck yourself", "that's your opinion", replies with images 90% of the time, and insults those who work at Blizz and writes their books by calling them Horde lovers, biased, etc. This isn't some conspiracy to get Sold because we hate the guy.

Quote:
On that topic, I demand that those asses I posted in the rules thread be added to the ass pool! Variety is the spice of life, after all.
Shouldn't the asses be hideous if it's going to be a punishment?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:56 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
Agreed on one condition. It should be an orc ass.
I'll look through the rest of the comic. I'll probably be able to find one in the Garona issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
and insults those who work at Blizz and writes their books by calling them Horde lovers, biased, etc.
I find that extremely funny and sad at the same time, considering he's only read three Warcraft books.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I can ignore him just fine. But most other people can't take more of him with just ignoring him and it crushes the forum's spirit. Not to mention he pretty much becomes the topic sometimes.

Besides if you look at what he posts you might be tempted to hop on the hate wagon too. You can't call him a victim.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I personally only read 2 1/2 books, but that doesn't mean I don't know the contents of the other books.

Not that I'm saying he's right, just that the number of books read isn't good for an argument.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I personally only read 2 1/2 books, but that doesn't mean I don't know the contents of the other books.

Not that I'm saying he's right, just that the number of books read isn't good for an argument.
He makes claims and assumptions about writers, books, quests and overall lore without having experienced any of it. He says he doesn't need to, as he is watching Totalbiscuit and finds the rest on Wowpedia although Wowpedia is very lacking on most of the topics discussed.

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Tyranny of the majority.
Slow would know; he lives in China.

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I do think he needs to do more research. His blatant ignorance on Lord of the Clans was astounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
As does Xie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Banished

Quote:
Apparently this is too hard for some people.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:06 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

I think a banning would be good , temporary or permanent. Either will suffice, just to send a signal that a poster's behaviour and attitude towards others is something to be taken seriously.
And I thought Slowpoke was spanish?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
LOL. God that's nice...

Quote:
I do think he needs to do more research. His blatant ignorance on Lord of the Clans was astounding.
Pretty much. If someone started a topic about the proper way to milk a cow, I'm not going to go in there and say "I've watched videos of milking cows and read how to do it on wiki, therefore I can do it." I'm going to keep my mouth fucking shut or ask questions, not act like a professional on the subject.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:07 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Wowpedia is very lacking on most of the topics discussed.
I would hope that they do not have a guide on insulting stuff.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
I live in US.

Quote:
I agree with you on the fact that we shouldn't squelch people because of a difference of opinion but if you actually take a look at the monstrosity that is "The official faction war ranting thread", you'd realize people dislike him because he tells people "go fuck yourself", "that's your opinion", replies with images 90% of the time, and insults those who work at Blizz and writes their books by calling them Horde lovers, biased, etc. This isn't some conspiracy to get Sold because we hate the guy.
I will take a look on his threads.

I took a look on the rule of "Harassment, Abuse, and Flamewars ", too bad it's still "In development". I've seen people use "fucking stupid" for 5 times in a reply against me when I was talking about how did Terenas get the power to rez people. I don't think everyone should agree with me but that's surely a insult but the moderators didn't do anything against it when I told them. It's better to write something on the rule. Let's make clear what kind of insult deserve what kind of treatment.

I agree if he insulted people he should deserve a 3-5 days ban, but for "he went against the rule" rather than "Many people dislike him". I don't want it to become the tyranny of the majority, if the tyranny is formed, not just 1 person will be harmed by it.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 07-09-2011 at 05:13 PM..
Old 07-09-2011, 05:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I have no Idea where I should post it so I just use this thread-that-should-not-be (If you want someone banned just PM a Mod or whatever.)

Some more possible ass-assets from the WoWTCG :D
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Lord of Time

I regret searching for orc ass on google now
Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Also, what if a more valued poster gets hated for whatever reason?
I think it’s an unlikely scenario, since if you’re a valued poster you’ve already acquired some level of esteem with the community.

Here, we have a new member. He blitzes the forum, quickly becoming the most active poster. He doesn’t contribute very much of actual value in terms of conversation, debate, or anything else. But what he does do is anger people with extremely abrasive behavior. He has more than vocalized that he will not change, sees no problem with how he behaves, and insists that it is everyone else who is the problem. People avoid threads he enters. Lurkers even feel obligated to come out against him.

I’ve not seen the community so mobilized against a single individual like this in years, and maybe then only once since I've been visiting SoL. I don't think this sets a dangerous precedent because this is such an extreme case. I'd say that at least a temporary ban should be imposed on him to force a "chill out" period and let both himself and everyone he has angered and insulted have a chance to cool off and reflect.

Quote:
It's how he has been answering people from the start, telling respected members like Gurt to fuck off and deal with it. Makes my blood boil just to think about it.
Lol I see what you did there.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Banished

Quote:
I live in US.

I will take a look on his threads.

I took a look on the rule of "Harassment, Abuse, and Flamewars ", too bad it's still "In development". I've seen people use "fucking stupid" for 5 times in a reply against me when I was talking about how did Terenas get the power to rez people. I don't think everyone should agree with me but that's surely a insult but the moderators didn't do anything against it when I told them. It's better to write something on the rule. Let's make clear what kind of insult deserve what kind of treatment.

I agree if he insulted people he should deserve a 3-5 days ban, but for "he went against the rule" rather than "Many people dislike him". I don't want it to become the tyranny of the majority, if the tyranny is formed, not just 1 person will be harmed by it.

A few people were calling me dense before I was insulting people, and I only insulted those insulting me. People such as nozdormu, gortash, and sonn should be banned, they were insulting me before I was insulting anyone, and I've only insulted people such as them.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Eternal

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ad.php?t=14733

A good example of how he responds with images and how he claims Blizzard is biased before anyone even becomes hostile towards him. Point being, he brought this upon himself and isn't the victim.

And no Sold, a month ago isn't ancient history.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:24 PM

Banished

Quote:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ad.php?t=14733

A good example of how he responds with images and how he claims Blizzard is biased before anyone even becomes hostile towards him. Point being, he brought this upon himself and isn't the victim.

And no Sold, a month ago isn't ancient history.

That was my first thread, the insults towards me there were unjustified just as they are now. You guys, the ones insulting me on a daily basis, started insulting me first because you hate my opinions, I'm just returning the fire.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldrethar View Post
A few people were calling me dense before I was insulting people, and I only insulted those insulting me. People such as nozdormu, gortash, and sonn should be banned, they were insulting me before I was insulting anyone, and I've only insulted people such as them.
dense is an insult now? If you keep ignoring what people say or try to explain, while spouting your own ideas as fact, you are dense. Hell, it's more of an insult that you're just unwilling to listen to people who were actually friendly at first.
Now stop crying about people prosecuting you about your opinion when that isn't the issue at all. It's the way you bring your opinions to the open and your unwillingness to listen what other people have to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldrethar View Post
this isn't a good way to start a discussion.

Last edited by Reyson; 07-09-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Tags
history, important discussion