Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
i believe it's al'qaeda. damn them.

if it has something to do with libya, then... idk, NATO will be sending troops then for sure.
Pretty much. Norway could invoke article 5 of NATO if it turns out there's a connection to Ghaddafi.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Religion of peace, right?

This shit pisses me off more than I can describe. My wife has relatives over there - none live in Oslo, and from what we know so far, the distant members of the Bolvar clan are fine, but I have a special affinity for Norway - I may not be of Nordic blood, but my wife is 100%, and if you can't see the influence in our children, you're blind.

Norway has had a real problem with Islamic immigration in recent years - that's a fact.

I'm hoping this wakes some latent Viking response from the Norwegians and they bring the pain. It's not like we can count on the United States to pick up the slack these days with Obama in office.

keel all moslems, acquire world peace. right-o.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 AM

Elune

Quote:
keel all moslems, acquire world peace. right-o.
It's not so much as "kill all muslims" as "nations where the church and the state are essentially the same is retarded."
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Lord of Time

I'm getting kinda suspicious now. At the moment the goverment is basically run by "Arbeiderpartiet"(=Labour Party), which is the party our prime minister is leader of and also the same party that runs the youth camp where the shooting happened.

EDIT: I never really use Facebook much, but today I felt I had to log on. I've never seen so many racist statuses. This isn't gonna help much with racism in the country.

Also:
The US condemns the "despicable" blast that tore through government buildings in Oslo and says it is ready to provide assistance if requested.
"We condemn these despicable acts of violence," State Department spokeswoman Heide Bronke Fulton tells AFP.
"Our hearts are with the victims and their families, and we have reached out to the Norwegian government to express our condolences."

Last edited by Nozdormu; 04-19-2012 at 09:18 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
It's not so much as "kill all muslims" as "nations where the church and the state are essentially the same is retarded."
true that. most muslim societies have a huge cultural clash with the West, and it's mostly due to islam not being just a religion, but religion-ran society, including the government and every other aspect of life.

that's why what i'm most dissapointed about is unsuccessfull integration of immigrants into western societies. it has made europe shakey, will bring rightists into power, which will just fuel more and more animosity.

and in the end, war never changes. regular people will never benefit from a war.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:06 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
I'm getting kinda suspicious now. At the moment the goverment is basically run by "Arbeiderpartiet"(=Labour Party), which is the party our prime minister is leader of and also the same party that runs the youth camp where the shooting happened.

All this almost seems like an attack on the Labour Party, and I'm almost certain that "Fremskrittspartiet" will win the next election after this because of their controversial anti-immigration politics. Makes me think this could be some sort of attack on the Labour Party rather than Norway..... Again, I might have been watching too many movies, but these two incidents seems to be connected.

EDIT: I never really use Facebook much, but today I felt I had to log on. I've never seen so many racist statuses. This isn't gonna help much with racism in the country.

Also:
The US condemns the "despicable" blast that tore through government buildings in Oslo and says it is ready to provide assistance if requested.
"We condemn these despicable acts of violence," State Department spokeswoman Heide Bronke Fulton tells AFP.
"Our hearts are with the victims and their families, and we have reached out to the Norwegian government to express our condolences."
It's not racism. Muslim terrorists are Muslim terrorists. Not a racial thing. These fuckers aren't born this way. They decide to sign up to this cult of oppression and death. Fuck them all.

Curbing the immigration is a good idea, but it will be too little, too late. Norway is already polluted with their filth. That's a fact. Just because you're too politically correct to label a group of people who want you dead as a collective group of scumbags doesn't change the fact.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Arch-Druid

My condolences to those who lost loved ones and acquaintances in this bombing. May the grieving be comforted and justice be found.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It's not racism. Muslim terrorists are Muslim terrorists. Not a racial thing. These fuckers aren't born this way. They decide to sign up to this cult of oppression and death. Fuck them all.

Curbing the immigration is a good idea, but it will be too little, too late. Norway is already polluted with their filth. That's a fact. Just because you're too politically correct to label a group of people who want you dead as a collective group of scumbags doesn't change the fact.
cuz all immigrants want all norvegians dead, and all muslims want all other religions exterminated.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:

Yeah, but alot of people blame it all on the immigrants as a whole. I will admit that the immigration isn't good for Norway, but it's not the immigration that caused this. Atleast not directly.
I don't blame terrorism on Islam, it's just a group of stupid ass muslims that let themselves be used by more intellectual assholes who somehow manages to make them believe it is for a religious cause. It is not Islam in itself, it's just that the masses are really uneducated and let themselves be fooled by people like Osama.

Also, Norway isn't polluted with their filth. Just Oslo. The rest of the country is fine, it's Oslo that houses all the immigrants.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
cuz all immigrants want all norvegians dead, and all muslims want all other religions exterminated.
You're right. I have no right to pass any judgement on a group of people who have consistently demonstrated that they want all white Christian people like me to die in a fire. How terribly insensitive of me.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:34 AM

Eternal

I was looking on the news, the bombing is less important than possible developments on Casey Anthony's whereabouts apparently.

Quote:
Many are in fact born into that kind of life and raised that way.

Last edited by AndyJP; 07-22-2011 at 11:38 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Warden

Noz, I hope no one you know was hurt It sucks knowing so many people over seas (even if they are from the internet) and not knowing if they're ok. I'm glad to see you here and glad you didn't decide to go into the city earlier. *red dragon hugs*

My fanfiction: Straydog Saga / Coldnose: COTFT / Imajin That! / Mortally Wounded
Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Shit, this is what I get for being away at a convention this weekend. This is horrible, and my condolences go out to anyone affected.

That said, do we know for certain this is the work of Muslim extremists? Norway's had plenty of crazy before- I don't think anyone blamed the work of Varg Vikernes on Muslims, so let's reserve judgement until then.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Slowpokeking

I heard more than 2 people died? Damn it.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
BBC article.

A bomb has gone of in the middle of Oslo, the capital of Norway, near many central buildings including the prime ministers office, oil offices and the biggest newspaper company in Norway, VG. I'm honestly kinda baffled. I was actually planning on heading into the city....but thats obviously not gonna happen now.

What I really wanna know is why would they bomb us? Sure, we've helped in the war and all, but not anymore than anyone else. They didn't get any important targets, the prime minister survived and no lives have been lost so far. Only one bomb has been confirmed, but there might have been more. It's basically chaos, which is ofcourse what they wanted, but for what reason?
It's a bit harder to say, get a bomb into the US with current security, than to put a bomb in some place in Europe that doesn't have as high of security. Kinda like how Al Qaeda did a suicide bomb in Pakistan to get 'back at us' after Osama was killed. In the end they will bomb wherever they can just to do it.

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-22-2011 at 11:47 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I heard more than 2 people died? Damn it.
NYT is reporting two "confirmed" deaths, but I have a feeling there's more and there could be a few serious injuries, too.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
You're right. I have no right to pass any judgement on a group of people who have consistently demonstrated that they want all white Christian people like me to die in a fire. How terribly insensitive of me.
i come from a muslim family, a muslim-majority society and i wish no ill to you or your family. yet, you'd shoot me flat in the face if you knew my background. you see no error in that train of tought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Shit, this is what I get for being away at a convention this weekend. This is horrible, and my condolences go out to anyone affected.

That said, do we know for certain this is the work of Muslim extremists? Norway's had plenty of crazy before- I don't think anyone blamed the work of Varg Vikernes on Muslims, so let's reserve judgement until then.
there are no confirmations of who did it, but i can't really think of anyone else who would've done this imo.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
there are no confirmations of who did it, but i can't really think of anyone else who would've done this imo.
You don't need to be a muslim to make a bomb, all you need are a few chemicals and a lot of crazy, and crazy can be found in any society.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
NYT is reporting two "confirmed" deaths, but I have a feeling there's more and there could be a few serious injuries, too.
At the moment the shooting at Utya is of more imidiate importance. I think five people are dead so far, and several injured. Some guy dressed up as cop and said he was there to inspect for bombs or something after the bombing, then suddenly he started shooting people and it is all chaotic.
It is an island so the people there are kinda fucked. Several are trying to swim from the island to the mainland. The prime minister was scheduled to hold a speech there tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
i come from a muslim family, a muslim-majority society and i wish no ill to you or your family. yet, you'd shoot me flat in the face if you knew my background. you see no error in that train of tought?

Bolvar has a thing with being the Catholic version of the extremist of the group he doesn't like. Religion is just the root of all problems on this planet.

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-22-2011 at 12:06 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Your name is Ibrahimovic right? The same with that soccer player.
I know North Europe got many Muslim immigrants. We should not treat them all like terrorists.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orifiel Whitedeer View Post
Noz, I hope no one you know was hurt It sucks knowing so many people over seas (even if they are from the internet) and not knowing if they're ok. I'm glad to see you here and glad you didn't decide to go into the city earlier. *red dragon hugs*
My family is okey, but I don't know all my friends' whereabouts. I appreciate the dragon hugs, and I'll see you tonight
Old 07-22-2011, 12:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
"It's a jump to conclusions mat!"
Old 07-22-2011, 12:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Your name is Ibrahimovic right? The same with that soccer player.
I know North Europe got many Muslim immigrants. We should not treat them all like terrorists.
yep, we share last name. his father was born in same country as i am, perhaps we're even distant relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Bolvar has a thing with being the Catholic version of the extremist of the group he doesn't like. Religion is just the root of all problems on this planet.
still, he's an educated, productive member of his society. i'd sooner try to explain why that particular way of thinking is bad to him, than trying to explain it to an afghan-born&raised taliban.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
still, he's an educated, productive member of his society. i'd sooner try to explain why that particular way of thinking is bad to him, than trying to explain it to an afghan-born&raised taliban.
O trust me I wouldn't even try to walk into the Middle East without fearing for my life since there are still quite a few extremist there who would kill me just since I'm an American. But I fully understand that there are many Muslims living in this country who don't think that way so I wouldn't go as far as to generalize them all like that.

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-22-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Tags
bomb planted