Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-24-2010, 05:23 AM

Lord of Time

Default N'Zoth

So now that the third old god has been revealed anyone got any theorys? I was kinda suprised, cause now it seems this old god is behind everything and c'thun/yogg actually havent been doing shit other than corrupting titan constructs. This old god is behind the nightmare, most likely deatwings madness(thus indirectly the cataclysm) and also very likely the naga corruption. He might even be cho'gall's master(http://scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8352).
Also; you think we will be seeing him as a boss in this expansion? It kinda doesnt make sense that we would take him down first before deathwing, but maby this opens up the possibility of somehow cleansing deathwing by killing his master? Atleast I dont hope this will be another easy kill where a red dragon and ten heroes manages to take down possibly the most important and strongest evil creature on Azeroth like everything else seems to be heading towards....

WoWwiki

Last edited by Nozdormu; 11-06-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 AM

Arch-Druid

supposedly, he's actually a she, based on shub-niggurath from cthulhu mythos, looks like a goat with seven eyes.

and if actually is only one god, then hell, she's been busy - naga, xavius/emerald dream, deathwing... she seems more capable and more of a foe than yoggy/cthun combined are.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:38 AM

Eternal

In the WotLK they stated very clearly lots of times that the Lich King would be the one, true final boss but they have not really done this with Deathwing for Cata and one of the Blizzard lead guys said in an interview that they are probably aiming for Deathwing to come at Patch 4.2 or 4.3.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:46 AM

Elune

I wonder how he/she looks like
Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
supposedly, he's actually a she, based on shub-niggurath from cthulhu mythos, looks like a goat with seven eyes.

and if actually is only one god, then hell, she's been busy - naga, xavius/emerald dream, deathwing... she seems more capable and more of a foe than yoggy/cthun combined are.
I don't think the old gods really have any gender in WoW, but it just felt more natural for me to say he/him.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Actually, Nozdormu, Shub-Niggurath in Lovecraft atleast is personified as a female capable of reproduction afaik. I think its a safe bet to assume that it will atleast have a female voice actor (hopefully not the Deathwhisper/Sintharia/Sindragosa one though D.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Arch-Druid

I think this has the potential to be one of the best story-lines in the entire WoW universe. As we have discussed in the Emerald Dream thread, this one is based more directly on Cthulu than even C'Thun and Yogg, and yes it seems to be a female, and I'm guessing that it will be in the next expansion dealing with the Great Sea and Islands. This is the one if the great, dreaming city beneath the waves, who would almost certainly be behind the Naga's corruption, and the female angle would play very well tied to Azshara and Ysera's problems in the nightmare. Unless N'zath isn't that particular Old God, and is the being in the Twillight Highlands. It's hard to say at this point, but remember there are 5 of them, so it's possible the female one in the sea is not related to N'Zath at all.

Last edited by jjstraka; 10-24-2010 at 09:47 AM..
Old 10-24-2010, 10:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

I think it would be refreshing to redeem Deathwing instead of killing him off. Think about it. We haven't actually had a boss in WoW that did a turnaround. What if we kill the old god behind his madness and the Eathwarder returns to his senses. I know he has to die for what he's done, but it would be awesome for him to have a Darth Vader ending.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:38 AM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
I know he has to die for what he's done, but it would be awesome for him to have a Darth Vader ending.
I'm actually inclined to agree. Neltharion was described as noble and wise, perhaps some of that resurfaces when we kill Deathwing?

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
…the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 10-24-2010, 10:46 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Are you sure it's spelled correctly, with that apostrophe? I could've sworn Metzen pronounced it more like "Nezzoth".
Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 AM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Are you sure it's spelled correctly, with that apostrophe? I could've sworn Metzen pronounced it more like "Nezzoth".
I don't think we'd find out until we actually see this Old God (i.e. KILL IT!). If we do at all.

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
…the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 10-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Its what every other site says.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...th-new-Old-God!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9612242
http://www.wowwiki.com/N'Zath
Old 10-24-2010, 11:15 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
I'm actually inclined to agree. Neltharion was described as noble and wise, perhaps some of that resurfaces when we kill Deathwing?
DW: Alexstrasza... help me take these plates off.

Alex: But you'll die.

DW: Nothing can stop that now. Just for once... let me... look at things with my own eyes, unclouded by rage.

*Alexstrasza removes his face plates*

DW: Can I... see my brother... Malygos... one last time?

Alex: Sorry, we killed him and he fell like a million feet down into a hole that looked like the Matrix. You can talk to Kalecgos!

DW: I regret everything! I regret everything I've ever done!

Kalec: Neltharion...

DW: I'm dead now!

Kalec: Aw, come on. We could have been great friends! We both have bishonen sparkles!

DW: That is the loot. Someone take my head!

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:20 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
I'm actually pretty cool with that idea. Neltharion is my favorite character in this game (ok, tied with Turalyon) and him finally dying just makes me all sad. I kinda wish he would just escape or give us a false death again or something. I mean, it's Deathwing; that's what he does.

But yeah, i would rather they use your idea if he really has to die.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Complex View Post
I'm actually pretty cool with that idea. Neltharion is my favorite character in this game (ok, tied with Turalyon) and him finally dying just makes me all sad. I kinda wish he would just escape or give us a false death again or something. I mean, it's Deathwing; that's what he does.

But yeah, i would rather they use your idea if he really has to die.
Agreed.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:48 AM

Eternal

What I want to know is...

How is N'zath "signing" Deathwing's checks?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 10-24-2010, 11:58 AM

Eternal

an arcehology item mentions a drowned, dreaming old god sleeping so deep in the ocean that there is no light, in the sunken city of ny'athola
lots of refrences to dreams and he is described as a goat with seven eyes
Old 10-24-2010, 12:11 PM

Arch-Druid

That would be Cthulu, and I'm thinking the Old God tied to that box is a different one slated for a different expansion that would have more to do with the Sea and Ocean (as has been mentioned before, a Azshara expansion, alot of signs are pointing to that.) As for the one who is Deathwing's sugar daddy, I have no no insight into him, but I assume that those tentacles in the Twillight Highlands must have something to do with it. The female, Cthulu like-matron old god would be the one who corrupted the Naga, and I am now hoping that Blizz is smart enough to visit the southern islands for it's next expansion (and I think they will).
Old 10-24-2010, 12:12 PM

Chimaera

N'zath must be depicted in that mural with the human face in the decent into madness then. hrm.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
Got a link to the item Rob? Cause I can't find it anywhere.
don't have any links, but it's basically a woman's face that ends in a tentacly body
Old 10-24-2010, 12:51 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
What I want to know is...

How is N'zath "signing" Deathwing's checks?
What he basically means is that it is this old god that drove Deathwing mad, and it is this Old God that is basically corrupting Deathwings thoughts. I don't think Deathwing knows though, cause its pretty subtle. Its pretty much exactly like the movie Inception when you think of it
Old 10-24-2010, 01:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
What he basically means is that it is this old god that drove Deathwing mad, and it is this Old God that is basically corrupting Deathwings thoughts. I don't think Deathwing knows though, cause its pretty subtle. Its pretty much exactly like the movie Inception when you think of it
Seems he knows considering he calls the Old Gods the planets true masters now.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:04 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

To be fair to C'thun and Yogg, they were in less favorable conditions.

C'thun was so beaten he was thought dead and kept getting smacked down By trolls, by the Bronze flight and by nelfs.

Yoggy was in a fancy prison cell but also managed to put out an army.

N'zath seems to be somewhere in EK or the sea making her unreachable, and necessitating a longer term plan.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-24-2010, 01:12 PM

Loremaster

This is funny because I pretty much theorized some of this a long time ago on these boards. Remember the Decent Into Madness? I theorized that each of the face paintings represented one of the Old Gods.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_66.jpg

There are around six or seven windows if I remember. Two of them are broken, one is generic "tentacles" and the last show figures. Most of these figures are just straight faces. For instance...

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_67.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_68.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_70.jpg

However, the last one was different. It was a figure that looked not unlike a woman, her body made of pure shadow that descends into dark tendrils.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_69.jpg

I mentioned before that this, I theorize, is the "mother" of the Old Gods. She is the one that in a way, gave life to them, the only "female" of the group based on Shub-Niggurath, and ultimately the one at the center of the Maelstrom with the most power and influence.

Obviously some of my theory needs to change, since it seems the Maelstrom is now tied to Deepholme more then a prison of the Old Gods, but still nice to see some of my theories might end up becoming closer to reality.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:47 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Scythe... i REALLY like that theory!

Not so sure about her being their "mother" though. But yeah, i love the idea.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin