Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM

Elune

songs from games I would suggest as a theme.

For example, the tauren song from cataclysm I love, due to its nice use of woodworks and other instruments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Unless there's something like money required to make a publically viewable playlist, then probably me.

Also, ideas for more "fun" playlist themes? I've thrown a couple to Nonane and Nozzy, but any more would be cool. (Don't want to spoil any potential ideas though, so you're getting nothing from me!)
Did you get my reply?

Never got any word from you so I'm unsure.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

No themes. Just songs please.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
No themes. Just songs please.
Agreed. Themes could be fun, but they could also keep people from playing.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Agreed. Themes could be fun, but they could also keep people from playing.
I've discussed this with Torch (if my PM got through, I'm not sure since I never got back from him) and I made sure to keep the ideas fun and inclusive.

I've intentionally avoided the word theme above because it would give the wrong impression, the ideas we've thought up will not preclude people from playing (by limiting them to genre for example, or anything so arbitrary and constrictive).

I think we should just lay out our ideas and then we can have a proper discussion. But since Torch seems intent on running the next playlist (which I'm fine with because finally and I Nozdormu can go head to head ) I won't say anything more right now in case he is heavily opposed to any kind of unveiling.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Yeah, apologies for not replying to the PM, sometimes I get a bit worried that I look as though I'm trying too hard to get a conversation going/make something happen, so sometimes I don't reply and hope it's not needed. Sorry about that.

But yeah, with themes, I'm not trying to be too exclusive. I mean, one idea was to use short songs, but especially with Grooveshark not having The Beatles on it, it would be a bit difficult to work. The next one I'm going to do is one that C9 rejected, but that's more because I did a piss-poor job of explaining it in one line. But otherwise, they should all be examples that everyone can get a few examples of (not necessarily 3 songs even. For a couple, maybe allowing 3 songs or fewer, so you don't even know how many more songs you have to find for the person)

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 AM

Elune

I want to start a discussion on the possibility of themed playlists (since Torch is quite interested in one) and I want to know your thoughts on the subject.

Here is a simple theme I had in mind as an example:

Pick three songs that you like, but pick them in such a way that they are as different from one another as possible, while still being songs you like very much. This way we can see the limits of our musical tastes.
Of course if you just like a certain type of music and nothing else, that if fine too and you can submit those.

Again this is mostly an example to gauge your opinions on the idea of themed playlists (which as I've said are designed to be inclusive) but if it is liked I might squeeze in this playlist one of these days.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:30 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I want to start a discussion on the possibility of themed playlists (since Torch is quite interested in one) and I want to know your thoughts on the subject.

Here is a simple theme I had in mind as an example:

Pick three songs that you like, but pick them in such a way that they are as different from one another as possible, while still being songs you like very much. This way we can see the limits of our musical tastes.
Of course if you just like a certain type of music and nothing else, that if fine too and you can submit those.

Again this is mostly an example to gauge your opinions on the idea of themed playlists (which as I've said are designed to be inclusive) but if it is liked I might squeeze in this playlist one of these days.
I can try to do that. In fact, I think I already have three songs.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I can try to do that. In fact, I think I already have three songs.
I have only one so far, but it is sooo good. The other two I would find easily enough, but this one? I am saving it for this playlist.

Tags
playlist