Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-15-2014, 10:21 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

I'd argue that this thread is full of bullshit, as there is no such thing as a High Elf player.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I dont think that image it's very effective considering the insult XD

I usually tend to be non aggressive with angry blood elves.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:47 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
Not so much that as sources which show that it wasn't such being withheld (botHB) or not really expanded upon fully, a lot of what was shown with obvious "THIS IS FEL" is pretty much up to interpretation; warlocks keeping to themselves underground and no demons are shown to be in 'public' until night, even then it may not count for much as it's Murder Row. Are they accepted? Yes. Accepted enough to walk around with a demon by their side in broad daylight or have a grand building with everything on display for the world to see? No. It also ties in with why the pleb elf masses weren't really told about Illidan, a half-demon.

Most blood elves still live on Azeroth, though. Few of these elves know of Kael'thas' pact with Illidan, and many would be horrified if they discovered it. Draining magic from small mana-bearing vermin is a far cry from draining magic from demons. - From the Enyclopedia.

While on the other hand we have a magister draining from a burning crystal and wandering over to a book case, "researching" by the looks of it. But again, if we go by the Sunwell manga and the quest text in:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8325/re...unstrider-isle

They have always been there so it throws what they contain into the land of "Blizz pls clear this up pls".

Like I said, I wouldn't say inconsistency so much as Blizzard holding out on refinement/explaination. Though that isn't really unique to the blood elves alone, god knows we all want a bit of everything explained a bit more thoroughly.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not arguing that fel isn't/wasn't used or is some great big giant taboo (blood mages are still in use), just that it wasn't the primary source to fix up the entire addiction problem.
Kael's action in BC also makes little sense.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:57 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
I usually tend to be non aggressive with angry blood elves.
you insulted the high elves tho.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:00 AM

Banished

In RotLK, we knew Kael was in Dalaran and gathered his people to go back when he heard the news, so why would those high elves refuse to go back with their leader when they knew their homeland was in ruin?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:21 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
In RotLK, we knew Kael was in Dalaran and gathered his people to go back when he heard the news, so why would those high elves refuse to go back with their leader when they knew their homeland was in ruin?
Because there are most likely more comforts and the like in Dalaran than their homeland which had been ravaged by the Lich King -- it would be fairly easy for any high elf to simply assume QT is in the same state as Lordaeron. Not only that but they may not actually expect Kael to make it, either.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
Because there are most likely more comforts and the like in Dalaran than their homeland which had been ravaged by the Lich King -- it would be fairly easy for any high elf to simply assume QT is in the same state as Lordaeron. Not only that but they may not actually expect Kael to make it, either.
So on the other word, they are cowards and left their homeland behind during its darkest time.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:41 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I'd argue that this thread is full of bullshit, as there is no such thing as a High Elf player.
Tell that to the overflow of Blood Elven Death Knights on RP realms.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:54 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
So much for being masters of magic.

Screw it!

No, its bullshit. I was so mad when they released that... Honestly, it was a joke...

SO mad. So mad...

Its to further enforce the redemption plot, 'they were too stupid to know what they are dooing' SCREW YOU IN THE ASS BLIZZARD.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:56 AM

Warden
BattleTag: Namica#1257

High Elves should have never been thing in WoW in the first place. They are the least populous intelligent race, whose one and only reason for hating the rest of the race is "Lul, you didn't sit back and die slow deaths like the rest of us."

Even worse that they do the exact thing that Draenei could have been doing in WotLK: Joining Dalaran, being rivals to Blood Elves.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
you insulted the high elves tho.
I'm totally fine with having those bastards or whatever he calls them in my ranks.

The long-eared humans, Naaru lovers, dressed in red and shouting artificially "FOR DA HOWDE MON" can stay Horde.

WIII elves died in TBC. Then they were resurrected back in MoP with the High elves during the purge
Old 04-15-2014, 12:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
So on the other word, they are cowards and left their homeland behind during its darkest time.
Yes.

And since they sat comfortably around, not doing anything to help Quel'thalas, they now waddle their angry fingers at those who actually got their hands dirty.

The Alliance should be very careful with the Silver Covenant. History has proven, again and again, that the High Elves are fairweather allies. Vereesa will stab Jaina in the back, the moment it'll be more advantegous to do so.

Lor'themar, on the other hand, seems to be pushing the Blood Elves into a new era, one of steadfastness and loyalty. He could have easily defected to the Alliance and join Varian. But he did not.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:00 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Yes.

And since they sat comfortably around, not doing anything to help Quel'thalas, they now waddle their angry fingers at those who actually got their hands dirty.
Wait... what ?

The elves of the Silver Covenant were once blood elves too. They died and fight for Quel'Thalas, as any blood elf did. According to Halduron himself, Vereesa's rangers know the land well, which proves that they were at the front line when the scourge fell upon Quel'Thalas.
They were exiled just because they disagreed with Commandante Lor'Themar, certainly not because they did nothing for their homeland.

Also : silver Covenant elves =/= Kirin Tor elves

Quote:
Lor'themar, on the other hand, seems to be pushing the Blood Elves into a new era, one of steadfastness and loyalty.
Yeah. Only until Warcraft IV.

Quote:
He could have easily defected to the Alliance and join Varian. But he did not.
Only because Jaina decided otherwise.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:05 PM

Banished

Yeah Anne is right. Draenei would have done been fitted the elves role in Dalaran perfectly. Ancestral arcane races low in numbers with a fondness for blue and spires.

Quote:
I'm totally fine with having those bastards or whatever he calls them in my ranks.

The long-eared humans, Naaru lovers, dressed in red and shouting artificially "FOR DA HOWDE MON" can stay Horde.

WIII elves died in TBC. Then they were resurrected back in MoP with the High elves during the purge
He said "High elves are Jaina bitches"

You said "Deal with it" (them being Jaina's bitches)

You gave him the reason XD
Old 04-15-2014, 01:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

The Alliance faction in Dalaran should have been the remnants of Garithos's army, or a faction related to the mages attacked by the Forsaken back in Lordaeron.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:26 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
Wait... what ?

The elves of the Silver Covenant were once blood elves too. They died and fight for Quel'Thalas, as any blood elf did. According to Halduron himself, Vereesa's rangers know the land well, which proves that they were at the front line when the scourge fell upon Quel'Thalas.
They were exiled just because they disagreed with Commandante Lor'Themar, certainly not because they did nothing for their homeland.
The high elves of the Silver Covenant were those who stayed in Dalaran after the Scourge came, or those who went to Dalaran when Kael returned from QT after destroying the sunwell but thought going off with the naga/Illidan was a bit silly - like that high elf boss in the Nexus(?). Very few of them were actually former blood elves, they have rangers however. So yeah, they'll know the land of QT because once upon a time they would of patrolled the forests, fighting the Amani, etc. Even then, they're not really forced to be part of the Covenant, Telestra is an example of a former kael follower and she defected to the blue dragonflight.

Although, there could be more as I've never really done any quests handed out by SC characters (i'd rather flog myself through dungeons than quest through WotLK again, fuck that expac).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
The Alliance faction in Dalaran should have been the remnants of Garithos's army, or a faction related to the mages attacked by the Forsaken back in Lordaeron.
Agreed.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:49 PM

Warden

Quote:
So Scarlets or people lesser in number than even the High Elves?

Really?

REALLY?
Old 04-15-2014, 01:54 PM

Banished

Quote:
Why? The Dalaran storyline had nothing to do with the Scourge and the Draenei needed the spotlight more 1- a futureless race (high elves) or 2- futureless people (your options)
Old 04-15-2014, 01:57 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

The Alliance shouldn't have needed a faction in Dalaran. Besides the Sunreavers, a minority, the entirety of Dalaran was Alliance leaning.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:11 PM

Elune

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne_Neritas View Post
So Scarlets or people lesser in number than even the High Elves?

Really?

REALLY?
You're setting up a false dichotomy. Neither of the things that I recommended have to be tied down to what you are saying.

While it's a shame that the Draenei have gotten little lore, but it shouldn't come at the expense of lore that makes sense for other races. The Draenei have no connection Dalaran. Dalaran was a Human city/kingdom and a big part of the Alliance. Making the Alliance's group in Dalaran have no connection to Dalaran's history or to past lore is just silly. It be like making the Humans the focus of a story in Ashenvale instead of the Night Elves.

Going with the remnants of Garithos's army gives the Alliance a darker group, and it lets us explore a lot of the missing story in Lordaeron from WC3 to WoW. Garithos was the person responsible for Dalaran's capture and rebuilding afterall. It also gives a less magical element to Dalaran and shows contrast between the ruling Kirin Tor and the more ordinary forces that retook and rebuilt the city.

Blizzard also just could have created a faction in Dalaran that was primarily comprised of Alliance leaning Kirin Tor. It would probably be primarily Human, but you could also have a good number of Gnomes. This group could be related to the Mages in Silverpine and Hillsbrad and want vengeance for them. A group like this would make sense because of Dalaran's history.

Quote:
Why? The Dalaran storyline had nothing to do with the Scourge and the Draenei needed the spotlight more 1- a futureless race (high elves) or 2- futureless people (your options)
I answer this above but I'l give you a smaller list.

The Draenei have no connection to Dalaran, they make no sense there. I think the Silver Covenant was a mistake because it made the city seem more like an Elf city, and they aren't a playable race. The groups that I recommended would only be futureless if the story never came back to Dalaran. They would fit in extremely well with the Jaina/Dalaran arc, and the Garithos group would have a better contrast with the Blood Elves than any other possible group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The Alliance shouldn't have needed a faction in Dalaran. Besides the Sunreavers, a minority, the entirety of Dalaran was Alliance leaning.
There needs to be an Alliance group for gameplay reasons. The Kirin Tor was there primarily for the Malygos story. It would be weird to have the Alliance and Horde quest under them to fight Malygos, and then have the group be hostile to the Horde for the Sunreaver/Alliance Dalaran group conflict.

Last edited by Erthad; 04-15-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-15-2014, 02:19 PM

Banished

You point of view is pretty retarded. Dalaran has plenty of human in anything thats not the SC.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
You point of view is pretty retarded. Dalaran has plenty of human in anything thats not the SC.
Looks like you don't want to discuss it.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Warden

Quote:
Looks like you don't want to discuss it.
I agree, Alliance has always had to much human crap going on. Need more everyone else: Gnome and Drae especially. Adding yet more humans to Dalaran would be the dumbest thing ever.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne_Neritas View Post
I agree, Alliance has always had to much human crap going on. Need more everyone else: Gnome and Drae especially. Adding yet more humans to Dalaran would be the dumbest thing ever.
I already addressed this.

Quote:
While it's a shame that the Draenei have gotten little lore, but it shouldn't come at the expense of lore that makes sense for other races. The Draenei have no connection Dalaran. Dalaran was a Human city/kingdom and a big part of the Alliance. Making the Alliance's group in Dalaran have no connection to Dalaran's history or to past lore is just silly. It be like making the Humans the focus of a story in Ashenvale instead of the Night Elves.

Genya didn't bother to discuss anything that I said and just decided to to result to insults.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:01 PM

Warden

Quote:
I already addressed this.

Genya didn't bother to discuss anything that I said and just decided to to result to insults.
Aw. My bad. I'll address your point.

The Draenei were obviouslly trying to help in the war effort in Northrend. They were denied this chance to help in Borean Tundra because they were to different.

What better way to aid their allies: the exact thing they want to do, than to have them take part in Dalaran? It would have given them much needed lore, and kept their rivalry with the Blood Elves which was cultivated in TBC going.

Your argument of needing a past history is simply ludicrous. With that logic Draenei should have never been in. Blood Elves shouldn't have been in since their past history with Horde was all negative. That argument can be applied to so many places and in so many ridiculous ways that its completely void. It is essentially a call for nothing to change.

Tags
as an x player?, bandwagon, h-elves all need to die, high elf menopause, spacegoats coast to coast