Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-15-2018, 08:59 PM

Banished

On 30th we get playble races and there definitely will be updates to models cause I heard about "fixes" and "customization options". As I understand they don't push those changes (and some others) in PTR builds because they too busy with releasing patch and preparing BfA testing.

And actually I had this info for a while, but in last few days it was leaked from different sources like freelancers and even employees so I think it may be done on purpose for some reasons.

Last edited by Fraznak; 01-15-2018 at 09:04 PM..
Old 01-15-2018, 09:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I don't really get what is left to be finished with the Nightborne.

I keep seeing people conflating their lack of squinted eyes being an absence of 'facial rigging', but is there any actual reason to believe it isn't just... a deliberate design decision?
Well the fact that they'd be the only playable race in the game without that and they'd be in the 'same-face' territory that the original new models were. Which, if you recall, was a HUGE complaint about the original new models.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:10 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraznak View Post
And actually I had this info for a while, but in last few days it was leaked from different sources like freelancers and even employees so I think it may be done on purpose for some reasons.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:22 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quoting a recent post by yourself should be against the rules, (because it is like almost double posting.

just edit your first post to include the videos.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:44 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
just edit your first post to include the videos.
SoL is very unstable for me from mobile, most times I'm ending with blank page when trying edit a post.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:33 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
SoL is very unstable for me from mobile, most times I'm ending with blank page when trying edit a post.
Don't bother with Gurzog. He's just gurzogging 99,98% of the time.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I know you've usually had some inside knowledge but I find the Allied races being on the 30th hard to believe when the models in 7.3.5 aren't done. I guess they could do something like enable them and use this as a way to get 'feedback' for later patch changes (and finishing things like the Nightborne having zero facial rigging) but I can see that possibly backfiring. Or maybe they'll push a patch on the 30th that makes the models into a more finished state rather than a 'we don't care how rushed the models are we need to make this deadline for the quarterly report'. That or we're just seeing the start of them rushing this expansion out so we can get a WoD 2.0.
The models might be simply in work without being pushed onto PTR. Some things do not really require public testing, internal oughts to be enough.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:20 AM

Faerie Dragon

I hope too that if the allied races are enabled the 30th they release a patch that day (It's possible, it's Tuesday after all) with A LOT of updates to their models, and I mean a lot, the Lightforged only have 3 skin colors for example, and the Nightborne 3 hair colors and stuff like that, oh and if I'm not mistaken, none of the allied races has different face poses for the different faces, they have the "same face syndrome"

I don't know, I hope they have a lot of work done behind the curtain because the PTR of 7.3.5 felt rushed as f* with things like 3 patches in one week.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:32 AM

Banished

well yeah. nightborne player models for female look stupid compared to the ingame one.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:48 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
I hope too that if the allied races are enabled the 30th they release a patch that day (It's possible, it's Tuesday after all) with A LOT of updates to their models, and I mean a lot, the Lightforged only have 3 skin colors for example, and the Nightborne 3 hair colors and stuff like that, oh and if I'm not mistaken, none of the allied races has different face poses for the different faces, they have the "same face syndrome"

I don't know, I hope they have a lot of work done behind the curtain because the PTR of 7.3.5 felt rushed as f* with things like 3 patches in one week.
Especially when Blizzard was so proud about fixing sameface syndrome in, what was it, 6.1?

They've got the tech. Don't give us doe-eyed Nightborne.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post

I do hope we get proper faces for everyone, more skins and hair colors to nightborne, lightforged and void elves, and markings (or other additional customization) for void elves.

I think Blizzard is capable of doing so. Crossing fingers here.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-16-2018, 09:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I do hope we get proper faces for everyone, more skins and hair colors to nightborne, lightforged and void elves, and markings (or other additional customization) for void elves.

I think Blizzard is capable of doing so. Crossing fingers here.
Ideally, I'd like for male Nightborne to have beards, Void Elves to have markings/normal skin tone, and female Void Elves to have better feature options than earrings they're never gonna see. Maybe ear clamps like female Nightborne have, or facial piercings on the eyebrows and nose like Dwarf and Human females can have.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Ideally, I'd like for male Nightborne to have beards, Void Elves to have markings/normal skin tone, and female Void Elves to have better feature options than earrings they're never gonna see. Maybe ear clamps like female Nightborne have, or facial piercings on the eyebrows and nose like Dwarf and Human females can have.
All of those are nice ideas.

I kinda gave up on having normal skin on void elves. I'd like to see skins that are white/grey (neutral) and white/purple (warm) in addition to the mostly white/blue (cool) skins we have right now.

Markings that look like celtic painting (asymmetrical facial patterns, like Alleria's), with colors like dark red, violet and deep blue.

Also, I'd like to see a white/blue ("silver") hair, like Alleria's (when transformed) and maybe a bege ("corrupted blonde") and a deep red hair color. Light blue would also fit them well.

For lightforged, they sure need more skin colors. Right now, all their three colors are also available to normal draenei, ranging from very light blue to white, so I think they should have a few bright skins, ranging from pale yellow to metallic gold.

Nightborne skins just need to have colors in a range midway the three available ones. Make those three into nine and it would feel good. They could have light and dark blue hair colors, it would fit better than the black ones that were added last.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:11 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Man they must really love timegating if they're going to do it with the first new BG in 5 years.

When I hear about model updates my immediate hope goes to giving back to human females the eye colors that were randomly changed to different ones on three faces but that is just a hope that will probably never be fulfilled.

Last edited by Yorenec; 01-16-2018 at 10:23 AM..
Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
On 30th we get playble races
I want to believe you and that you aren't a lying liar who tells lies.

So I choose to believe.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
Same for me, and it's an 80 mb patch. how unusual is for the PTR to get an update when the previous PTR hasn't even gone up live?

I wonder if this is this connected to the rumor of AR on the 30th
I deleted the message when I found out it's the same build as live.

I wonder if the live version has additional things to be datamined that were not in previous PTR builds, thought.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:12 PM

Arch-Druid

At the very least we'll see the encrypted cinematics from Nathanos/Shaw that start the Silithus quests, but I don't expect much from those beyond explaining azerite.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:14 PM

Banished

Quote:
I wonder if the live version has additional things to be datamined that were not in previous PTR builds, thought.
Nope, because it's the same build what on PTR. But we can get decryption for some stuff.

Last edited by Fraznak; 01-16-2018 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-16-2018, 12:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
On 30th we get playble races and there definitely will be updates to models cause I heard about "fixes" and "customization options". As I understand they don't push those changes (and some others) in PTR builds because they too busy with releasing patch and preparing BfA testing.

What allied races have they planned for the future?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Man they must really love timegating if they're going to do it with the first new BG in 5 years.

When I hear about model updates my immediate hope goes to giving back to human females the eye colors that were randomly changed to different ones on three faces but that is just a hope that will probably never be fulfilled.
I miss the more furrowed brow looks that male Humans could have before the update, now all their options are just dull and neutral... which I guess is okay for my Paladin, but doesn't fit my DK.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
I deleted the message when I found out it's the same build as live.

The PTR build is always the live build. That's why I always laugh when a go to argument is 'oh it's just not in the PTR build!'. The entire damn point of the release build on the PTR is that is the build being pushed to live and there is no magical build internally that will get pushed instead as that'd be incredibly risky. That's why if the Allied races really are the 30th and are apparently being further finished it means they have to push a small patch and it would probably be pushed to the PTR first like most small patches.

Last edited by Leviathon; 01-16-2018 at 12:36 PM..
Old 01-16-2018, 12:34 PM

Banished

I dont think he have that kind of information.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:05 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddit
I got a notification for an update to the PTR client so I decided to launch it and see what was up, and the realms are online.

Has anyone seen the realms up or did they just turn on?
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._just_come_up/
Old 01-16-2018, 01:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The PTR build is always the live build. That's why I always laugh when a go to argument is 'oh it's just not in the PTR build!'. The entire damn point of the release build on the PTR is that is the build being pushed to live and there is no magical build internally that will get pushed instead as that'd be incredibly risky. That's why if the Allied races really are the 30th and are apparently being further finished it means they have to push a small patch and it would probably be pushed to the PTR first like most small patches.
Uh... I don't get your point.

(Former) PTR build was different than current live. Current live build is the same as current PTR build, which was also updated today.

I was just wondering if this "new" build (now both live and PTR) had any files in it that were not in past PTR builds, like images or skins, things that wouldn't affect gameplay for now.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Uh... I don't get your point.

(Former) PTR build was different than current live. Current live build is the same as current PTR build, which was also updated today.

I was just wondering if this "new" build (now both live and PTR) had any files in it that were not in past PTR builds, like images or skins, things that wouldn't affect gameplay for now.
The 'new' build was just an exe update and nothing else.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft