Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 06-09-2017, 11:50 PM

World Builder

Wasn't the Andromeda thing said to be more about EA forcing them to drop their old graphics program halfway through and pick up a new one they weren't experienced with though?

And what's separation of church and state got to do with "SJW-ized" media anyway?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-10-2017, 01:20 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Wasn't the Andromeda thing said to be more about EA forcing them to drop their old graphics program halfway through and pick up a new one they weren't experienced with though?
If that were the case, they would have changed the models back when they changed their graphics program, instead of waiting until release day.

Quote:
And what's separation of church and state got to do with "SJW-ized" media anyway?
Nothing. I just like the dog mauling "Not Gay Jared".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:20 AM

Elune

Quote:
Like Trump and his cabinet.
Which cabinet member do you think should be responsible for studying them?
Old 06-10-2017, 08:59 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Which cabinet member do you think should be responsible for studying them?
None, they would be studied because they are bad.

Though to be fair, some of them are having consequences happen to them, Breitbart is losing all its advertisers, Flynn is gone, etc...

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-10-2017, 09:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Though to be fair, some of them are having consequences happen to them, Breitbart is losing all its advertisers, Flynn is gone, etc...
Actually neither of them is/was a Cabinet member.
They are advisor/aide who are not confirmed by the Senate.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:54 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
Actually neither of them is/was a Cabinet member.
They are advisor/aide who are not confirmed by the Senate.
I stand corrected.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
This one was also pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2j5alJorxc
That's one good funny compilation. I'll never stop to be amused with that whole fiasco.

Quote:
Graphics looking shitty can be blamed on that (instead of the early assumed incompetence) but aesthetics looking shitty still have that suspicion of SJW influence, specially when they're so over the place.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 06-10-2017 at 12:16 PM..
Old 06-10-2017, 05:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
None, they would be studied because they are bad.

Why not study schools like Evergreen? Are they are or are they not like the Chinese reeducation camps?
Old 06-10-2017, 06:01 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Why not study schools like Evergreen? Are they are or are they not like the Chinese reeducation camps?
They should be studied too, so we don't get repeats of that bullshit.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-11-2017, 12:22 AM

Arch-Druid

So, uh, I apparently don't pay enough attention to stupid online drama. Might explain why I'm slightly less miserable, lately.

But this seems... kinda bugfuck crazy? Like... oh no, she's dating some dude and decided to not treat people who disagree with her like rabid lepers. How dare this... uh... woman who I'm guessing is popular? Dammit, I feel old or out of touch, now. But seriously, "we can't trust white women because they're white supremacists!"... like, so what does that make the... people of color who eventually get tired of the cult and start to disagree with you as well? Are they white supremacists, too?

Just... what are you hoping to accomplish, and why would anyone who is white want to continue supporting your racist ass?
Old 06-11-2017, 12:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
So, uh, I apparently don't pay enough attention to stupid online drama. Might explain why I'm slightly less miserable, lately.

But this seems... kinda bugfuck crazy? Like... oh no, she's dating some dude and decided to not treat people who disagree with her like rabid lepers. How dare this... uh... woman who I'm guessing is popular? Dammit, I feel old or out of touch, now. But seriously, "we can't trust white women because they're white supremacists!"... like, so what does that make the... people of color who eventually get tired of the cult and start to disagree with you as well? Are they white supremacists, too?

Just... what are you hoping to accomplish, and why would anyone who is white want to continue supporting your racist ass?
I feel sorry for Laci and Gun both. Its been a nasty time, and I only see the outskirts of it since Im not a big social media user. It legit sucks, and the irony isnt lost on people that feminists and "SJW" types are telling a women what she can or cannot do with her body under threat of excommunication.

And it really worries me, actually, because while I admit I'm a pretty big asshole at times, many of the problems these groups talk about are actual problems, and I do feel like a major shift is starting to happen to turn away from the major far left types that typically make up those circles.

Groups like Antifa. the shit going on at colleges.. Even the idea that non-black women arent feminists at all... Its all boiling over and Im not sure the opposite isnt going to replace it.

The only good thing I see is the "Anti-SJW" side is also crumbling. Though I think in that case, its cause has largely been co-opted by the chaos makers and legitamite racists.

Not that PC and SJW shit isnt cancer, but I'd like to keep their Bizzaro counterparts in check as well.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:52 AM

Arch-Druid

I don't understand the Anti-SJW denomination.
From what I've seen people calling themselves that are just SJW with illiberal opinions.
Maybe it was different at a time and it's the effect of the co-optation ruinshin mentioned.

Concerning the girl the problem is making people into icons/heroes\saints of your believe.
People change and then you feel betrayed.
That's why dead people make good rallying call, they're not going to change their mind.

Last edited by Reinhardt; 06-11-2017 at 02:57 AM..
Old 06-11-2017, 05:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post

SJW's have a really bad habit of cannibalising one another. If you stray one inch from the pack narrative they'll eat you alive for being perceived as a traitor.

I'm not going to pretend this hasn't happened among the anti-SJW crowd, but any vitriol towards 'em seems to be a lot more private, or at least less widespread (cuck memes aside) when there's disagreements. That probably comes from the anti-SJW crowd varying a great deal more on the political scale than the almost exclusively far-left SJW's.

Last edited by Drusus; 06-11-2017 at 05:06 AM..
Old 06-11-2017, 06:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
SJW's have a really bad habit of cannibalising one another. If you stray one inch from the pack narrative they'll eat you alive for being perceived as a traitor.

I'm not going to pretend this hasn't happened among the anti-SJW crowd, but any vitriol towards 'em seems to be a lot more private, or at least less widespread (cuck memes aside) when there's disagreements. That probably comes from the anti-SJW crowd varying a great deal more on the political scale than the almost exclusively far-left SJW's.
Since there isn't really any ideological consistency on the Anti-SJW side you get a bunch of people. You get center left that don't care for progressives, center right,Neocons, and Alt-right in there as well.

It's unity based on similar dislike not based on similar beliefs.

Most of the drama that I've seen tended to come from people who seemed to be more progressive than they were center left. Some decided that since Trump is in office they were going to go back to the old Left vs Right issue which ended up causing a number of issues since some of the people they started palling around with didn't have very clean records.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:59 AM

Elune

There are too many groups that are supposed to be oppressed. If all non-white straight Christian males were considered oppressed that is going to be the vast majority of the population. Blaming the system is just refusing to take responsibility for your actions and too many people want a piece of that pie. It is a really unhealthy mentality for people to have.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:09 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

So I was watching the twitch stream of E3 and as soon as a black character popped up in the Dishonored 2 trailer, there were like a dozen people saying "MUH DIVERSITY." The rightists are still freaking out about things like the Beyond Good & Evil 2 trailer, too.

Are right-wingers only happy when the only characters in games are white Christians or something?

Bonus: There are people whining about Wolfenstein 2 being about killing Nazis.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-12-2017 at 04:18 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
So I was watching the twitch stream of E3 and as soon as a black character popped up in the Dishonored 2 trailer, there were like a dozen people saying "MUH DIVERSITY." The rightists are still freaking out about things like the Beyond Good & Evil 2 trailer, too.

Are right-wingers only happy when the only characters in games are white Christians or something?

Bonus: There are people whining about Wolfenstein 2 being about killing Nazis.
No they arent.

EDIT, just to be clear, the image circulating and shit is a comment from over a year ago in response to Sweden giving a "We should all be feminists" book to every 16 year old.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 06-12-2017 at 05:26 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 07:13 PM

Elune

Way to go, leftists.

The "right wingers" never pulled this shit with Obama. Yet, the left is totally willing to bask in the want to assassinate a sitting President. So much for the left being the "classy" ones, eh?

Quote:
Quote:
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:21 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Not going to actually watch it, but what, Julius Caesar was represented by a Donald effigy? I figure that's either tremendously disrespectful to the Roman emperor or tremendously generous to the president. Are we sure those were leftists?
Quote:
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
The "right wingers" never pulled this shit with Obama. Yet, the left is totally willing to bask in the want to assassinate a sitting President.

Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-12-2017 at 08:11 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 08:29 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Not going to actually watch it, but what, Julius Caesar was represented by a Donald effigy? I figure that's either tremendously disrespectful to the Roman emperor or tremendously generous to the president. Are we sure those were leftists?
Well, seeing as they seem to be pulling the same psychotic mental breakdown that Leftists have suffered for the past 8 months since their queen was destroyed, yep. Oh, and the whole "IT'S ART!" excuse.

Quote:

Sooo... you get some pictures from a Klan rally (hence the lynching and the watermelon) or something, and try to make it about "evil right wingers"? God, that is retarded. Find something better, sparky.

Meanwhile, the Left has big names and mainstream groups (like all of these "actors") agitating for assassinating Trump. Like, oh, say, Kathy Griffin.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-12-2017, 08:30 PM

Elune

Left winger ate my baby.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Sooo... you get some pictures from a Klan rally (hence the lynching and the watermelon) or something, and try to make it about "evil right wingers"? God, that is retarded. Find something better, sparky.
None of those were at klan rallies. Those were just regular ol' mainstream rightists.
I can never remember if you're actually American or not. I really should keep a list of where people are from. If you aren't, I suppose it's understandable. I heard the Right call for his assassination or execution all the time.
Member #14
Old 06-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
I can never remember if you're actually American or not. I really should keep a list of where people are from.
On this note, everyone should be courteous enough to have useful information under "Location".
Old 06-12-2017, 11:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
None of those were at klan rallies. Those were just regular ol' mainstream rightists.
What's the difference to a Marxist like you? All of us "rightists" are just "racists" and "backwoods dwelling science-denier neanderthals" to you, anyway. None of those things you posted are from "rightists".

Quote:
I can never remember if you're actually American or not.
If you aren't "right wing", you don't truly believe in being "American", so cut the crap. The only one here who sounds "un-American" are leftists like you, who want to destroy the Constitution, piss on the Bill of Rights, and label everyone who isn't a part of your Social Justice cult a "racist sexist bigot homophobe". You don't believe in what America stands for, therefore you can't truly claim to care about being "American", or not.

True Americans don't follow the sick and twisted ideals of Socialism, which is steeped in Eurocentric elitism and totalitarianism.

Quote:
I really should keep a list of where people are from. If you aren't, I suppose it's understandable.
I'm from Washington State, Bernie.

Quote:
I heard the Right call for his assassination or execution all the time.
Yeah, never happened. All of those pictures are from Klan rallies. The Tea Party actively shunned plants and frauds, like this:

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Ganishka; 06-12-2017 at 11:46 PM..

Tags
realspace, serious business